Any opinion on the Legion concept by S.O.D

Presented I. IWA 2019

Attached: img_5367.jpg (936x1516, 625K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RKcqHaPhkkM
youtube.com/watch?v=OgHoaoNeuE8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks heavy

>wasting weight on a rifle and magazines that could otherwise be dedicated to more primary ammo
>bulky shield that would weigh 200 lbs if it were rated for rifle rounds
>No armor on legs
>No exoskeletal support despite massive armor and weapon load
>Its all made of cardboard anyway
It's shit and you should feel bad for thinking it's cool. Also the mandalorian style helmet would be much better looking without the NODs.

reminds me of terminator kinda

>mini gun
>riot shield
>sideways mags
>no rifle for said sideways mags
>clone trooper helmet that reminds you that you’re just a faceless, expendable tool for the war machine

Stormtroopers of Death make their own gear now? Not bad.

Attached: 1f93e18e4746184071c905f3dc9f20621617f2fdr1-720-717v2_hq.jpg (720x717, 156K)

I don't think that weight is accurate.

>no rifle for said sideways mags
see that AR stock poking above his shoulder?

Not defending this shit but it looks like there is a rifle slung over his back, it's sticking over his left shoulder.

t. designed by never serveds

You want less/lighter shit to carry, not more.

We Mandalorian now.

Literally came here to post this.

Attached: Stormtroopers_of_Death-Bigger_than_the_Devil.jpg (316x316, 28K)

t. didn't serve hard enough

Just as impractical as it is totally fuckin badass. Needs an exoskeleton with leg armor, a gun with guided smart munitions linked to a HUD controlled by the user's thoughts, and environmental controls for temperature and breathable air, and that would be the shit.

All that shit and they skimp on the fucking shoes?
kek

Where's the leg support?

>no real exoskeleton

holy shit how bad.

You couldn't pay me to fight in that. Give me an aloha, jeans, merrells and a carrier and I'll outperform those guys on any day.

He's a big boy.

Wouldn't a single Molotov cocktail cook him alive? Not like he could strip the gear, either

I mean, a single molotov will cook most people alive regardless if theyre wearing armor or not

Most people aren't spending hundreds of thousands to be a walking tank, you're putting a target on your back wearing shit like that

You put a target on your back the minute you throw on anything military looking, whats this things purpose? Infantry combat? If so, grunts are going to be a target no matter what they're wearing

ANGERY

Attached: 1545771057208.jpg (1000x1000, 140K)

And who's going to be the bigger target?

Irrelevant. Anything you can see is a target, and anything you can't, isn't. Bigger targets aren't a thing.

This picture bothers me

Could this work as a sentry for some high risk security post?

Attached: 1501936175598.png (252x200, 85K)

Bullshit, there's a value to taking out certain targets, it isn't uncommon for people to have bounties on their heads in war zones, there's absolutely instances where someone might not shoot a potential target because it isn't worth the repercussions while they'd assume risk to seek a more valuable target

>be goatfucker sniper
>going to get found out after first shot so have to skedaddle
>let me shoot the guy most likely to survive, instead of one of the other 6 guys with exposed flesh

Yeah, want to talk about targets of opportunity? The guy in armor is probably going to get shot last unless theyre opening up with the heavier ordnance

Yeah, anything is possible; but some things are so rare as to be pointless.

If a machinegunner sees you, he's going to shoot. If you step on a mine, it'll blow. If a fireteam sees you, you bet they're all going to hose you down.

>whats this things purpose?
With the minigun he's holding, it's probably to keep the machine gunner shielded.

You don't even need a gun, just a kid who can throw a bottle

Honestly if it was more low profile and had a slimmer design, then this would be legit pretty good.

something more like this from a while ago
youtu.be/RKcqHaPhkkM

If you delete the shield and the minigun, along with the powered exoskeleton and thigh plates, it looks like pretty much the same thing, same general coverage of the torso.

So we're back to Congratulations, circular argument achieved

and that's why we don't put shiny rank symbols on our helmets anymore.

Not that'd it save ya, but they put in a ripcord on some body armors for that purpose among others.

youtube.com/watch?v=OgHoaoNeuE8

Attached: 1553463418000.gif (498x276, 2.05M)

Nomex base layers and SCBA would stop it wouldn't it?

Right, not instead we try to look like a gundam despite being easily destroyed with technology that is impossible to regulate, which is why none of these systems are ever going to be implemented outside of trials, the small advantage of maybe taking a few more bullets before laying down isn't worth the cost or logistics

I highly doubt that, anyone got the video of the tank crew being suffocated by Molotovs? Fire means less air, even if the heat doesn't kill

It’s all fun and games until he pulls the trigger on that mini gun and it flies out of his hands, or he falls over backwards.

Has anyone fired an M134 for the hip?
It was standard practice to do so with the M1919

>standard practice with 1919s
No it wasn't. But there are videos of people more of less firing 134s unsupported

I'm not saying it was the preferred method, but the army prescribed and illustrated its use handheld.

Can you link me to a video?

The problem is the fact that the exoskeleton is deleted. The shield and minigun (microgun?) aren't half bad ideas it was present. If the Army does switch to a new 6.8 round then there will be plenty of 5.56 lying around. That shield looks thick enough if it was solid metal or some composite to stop pretty serious things, probably FMJ .50.

Maybe the whole mockup is actually meant to go with an exoskeleton and they didn't bother putting it on the mannequin for whatever reason? One reason for that I can think of is that there are several powered exos on the table behind the scenes and they don't want to show favoritism towards any particular company or design, so they just made a mockup of the equipment without the exo but they understand it is supposed to go with one.

It's galac tac armor, hopefully bulletproof, I could do without the cringe spider eyes and the RX-78 shield though.

Attached: IMG_3074.gif (379x600, 1.86M)

I don't even want to think about how much that getup weighs. He's gonna step off a curb and his ankles will implode.

>how can we make this even heavier?

>glass on helmet cannot be used with something similar to google glass

Not impressed.

we endwar now

>Where's the leg support?
They’re trying to cosplay as modern Roman legionnaires so they don’t need leg armor.

heat stroke

What the hell would that be made of anyway?
Ceramic wont last more than the bullets and is heavy as shit
Steel is heavier and won't stop it
Titanium is way too expensive.

>Bigger targets aren't a thing.
But slower targets are and i can't see that bulky fucker running from cover to cover faster than a brisk walking pace.

Hippos can move faster than brisk walking.

It probably isn't meant to last, just theoretically give the machine gunner a little more protection when he's targeted.