Grandpa was a hunter

>grandpa was a hunter
>pic related are his 2 hunting rifles
>he passed away 10 years ago
>recently went to grandma's house to help getting rid of old furnitures
>find the 2 rifles
>"woah I didn't knew you kept them grandma !"
>Even tho I'm not that much into firearms I still kinda want to keep them

Things is I live in France and it seems like firearms are pretty hard to aquire legally, what should I do Jow Forums ?
Should I keep them, sell them, is it worth going over all the paperwork for those 2 rifles ?
Enlighten me.
(also if you can identify those rifles it would be cool, I looked at them but couldn't find anything, also I don't have them with me right now they stayed at my grandma's house)

Attached: DSC_0018.jpg (1960x1102, 313K)

Definitely worth keeping them, I would check your laws and see if you are legally obliged to tell the government about them. If not, keep quiet about it and just take them home. If your grandma wanted to keep them, getting rid of them would be pretty shitty to her. Selling them would almost certainly require more paperwork anyway.

Keep them you gay faggot

Shotguns, not rifles

Keep them secret, keep them safe!

Those are shotguns, not rifles. Unless he was an avid slug hunter, there is no rifling in the barrel. Side by side up top, over under on the bottom.

Jow Forums is not the place for legal advice, and you would be a chucklefuck to use it as such. Call a lawyer for consul.

Yes, they’re family heirlooms. Those are old enough, they were made by a person. Not an industrial assembly line and a CNC

What in God's name even made you reach that conclusion? Because something is old it's handcrafted? Think before you type, those look production line as fuck.

I’ve fucked bigger men than you. Square up nigga

You should be able to identify them. Look for markings etched into the barrel

If you get rid of them you are gonna wish you didn't if shtf worse than it already is. Double barrel shotguns are great for home defense.

Also, think about it logically- if pawpaw had them and didn't worry, they're probably perfectly legal. Take them home and keep them. Keep your favorite by the bed with a couple shells ready to rumble in case you hear a window break or your door gets kicked in.

these are shotguns not rifles, as other guys said. Probably good news, double barrel shotties tend to be easiest ones to own in any legislature that allows ownership of guns. i have no idea how it looks in france, you might need to sign in as a hunter or sport shooter.

The question is what is the legal procedure to get them , considering how long ago your gramps passed. You might want to read up on your laws or consult someone actually knowledgeable, because it would kind of suck if flics confiscated them for some bullshit reason.

1) Find out the prequisitions for shotgun (or any other gun type) ownership, also find out the deadlines for heirloom weapon licence - here in Finland it's several months before the police comes for them if nobody gets a licence that's easy to get for such low capacity weapons.

2) Do whatever paperwork is needed and/or get a hunting licence if you need it for ownership (it's probably law and animal identification related test, piece of cake!).

3) Enjoy legal weapons and hunting!

Attached: 32931559613_e4335d57ab_b.jpg (1024x683, 81K)

He's in france. This literally means that unless he finds a way to register them, he won't be able to buy anynew ammo at all. So unless his gramps left him few bags of shells (dobtful, hunters tend not to stockpile), he is boned.

France
>1. Delete thread.
>2. Shut the fuck up about them, and don't tell anyone- not even family or lawyers (the latter may be obligated to report to police- idk how European "law" works).
>3. If you're grandma still wants them, let her keep them- she's kept them safe/secret for this long, and you'll know to *discreetly* retrieve them if/when she passes (see 2). Inform her not to tell anyone about them or mention them in her will.
>4. If your grandma doesn't want them, discreetly transport them to your house by car in something non-assuming like an old rug. Go straight home, do not make any stops or do anything that might get you pulled over.
>5. Prep them for long-term storage and hide them somewhere dry & safe in house.

Congrats OP.

Those are beautiful weapons, OP. Whatever you do, don;t get rid of them.

If you are grandma?

Stupid autocorrect

Attached: 29b3ac9d54610eddb7f215bcf00d241d44fa88475ea6ba84dfd6d77c2ccb61c2.jpg (1024x731, 286K)

stupid phoneposters

If you sell those you're the problem with your country. Even if they were garbage its still your families, have some fucking pride like your ancestors did.
Eh, depending on the brand and the time period its very likely the quality control on those is something you'd have to drop a lot of money on now. SxS and OUs both have really finicky tolerances and if they were lined up correctly and worked over by hand they are worth a lot more than normal.

>not phoneposting in your office

Attached: 1553322657115.jpg (750x633, 251K)

gauging tolerances and using calipers is part of the manufacturing process, it's not like a robot makes 100% of the gun like a car production line (hell even auto manufacturing lines have human hands in some of the processes)

Everyone and their dog in France has some old hunting rifle from their grandpa and no one ever declares them. Just do not tell anyone. If you want to actually bring them to a shooting range that's a whole other problem but then again if you do you have your license.
I just hope you're living in the countryside.

>not shitposting from the office server

Attached: 1540791537353.png (1384x1592, 99K)

Salut mec, je suis Français et je viens à ton aide.

First thing, take them home and hide them, shut the fuck up about them and you'll be alright. Next thing, visit your local shooting range (and don't tell them about the shotguns!). Get your FFTir license and then you can buy ammo, guns and also have somewhere to shoot them (I'd keep them at home and take good care of them). You could also get your hunting license (did it not long ago, was easy and fun). That way you could even hunt with them. About 50% of hunters are using unregistered shotguns. Now, here's the best bit, if these shotguns were bought before 2011 (which I assume they were), you have no legal obligation to declare them! Most cops however, don't know this and would take them off you. I would tuck them away and stock up on ammo, but that's just me.

Keep them. Firearms are an awesome heirloom, especially ones that actually fed your family at some point. I don't know what the law is in France (not great I'd guess) but you will kick yourself someday if you don't at least try.

OP here, thanks a lot for all the advices, will definitly keep those and I'll probably look into getting a hunting licence to use them.

Attached: 73f00302b50719954507e77a8d7b4fa9.jpg (300x200, 16K)

And yet why is there so much shit produced domestically everywhere? I'd still put money those were made with high tolerances and you'd have to spend a pretty penny to meet those tolerances today. Also age does increase a firearms worth 100%.

Keep them. Buy ammo in Austria. No livense is required.
So he goes to another state and gets ammo. He won't go hunting or go to the range so it doesn't matter that it's a small hassle to get them.

Do you have a source for this "before 2011" status ? That is interesting. Does it apply to all kinds of firearms you could legally own before that ?

Yeah and if he ever uses them he won't see the end of his legal problems for shooting someone with an unregistered firearm

Nigga it's a fucking break action.

those are shotguns. keep them, no paperwork, france is going to shit soon anyway and you might need them for SHTF protection

>europoor cares about unconstitutional laws infringing on his inalienable right to bear arms
>mfw

Attached: Stardust.jpg (362x393, 51K)

Well, the bottom one is a Beretta 682. It's neither old (produced 1984-present) nor handmade (produced by commercial CNC mills). That's machine engraving as well, a human didn't even do that.

My source is just reading law texts. It only applies to smoothbore single and double barrel shotguns. Before 19th of Decembre 2011, you didn't need to register the shotguns and they could technically be bought without a license, but no shop would sell one to you without the license. I find it interesting enough that they made you register 22lrs bought before 2006 (but no one did lol), but they didn't ask to register shotguns. Also what was funny was a 22lr bought before 19th Decembre 2011 needed to be registered, but not a 17hmr. Same goes for a Mosin, one in 7.62x54r had to be registered, but not one in 30-284 winchester or even a straight pull m1 carbine in 30usm1 which had to be registered, but not one in 30 short. Weird how they cared more avout the rifles than the shotguns.

>France
>firearms are pretty hard to aquire legally
>What in God's name even made you reach that conclusion?