Suppressor Idea

Could someone with the resources theoretically build a suppressor that’s so high pitched, or has such a high frequency/DB that it would be nearly silent, like a dog whistle?

I suppose it would have to have some kind of electronic deafening equipment.

Attached: image.jpg (1600x1200, 694K)

So you wanna attach the world's loudest dog whistle to the barrel of your gun? Great idea OP
Also, sound waves still cause damage even if they're out of you hearing range and why the fuck would you need an eletronic component in your dog whistle?

Attached: 1550743829455.jpg (487x540, 53K)

It’s been tried, didn’t quite work out the way intended. I’d assume the internal works are too complicated to be cost efficient vs a low cost basic design such as the PBS-1 and you more than likely won’t get much of an advantage over a more traditional can.

TLDR; le meme can

Attached: 3EB86EEC-209A-4104-82AB-807EF02B7FDB.jpg (1024x1024, 121K)

How about go the other way.
A muzzle device with a vulcanized rubber or silicone membrane to draw out the sound wave over a lower frequency. Basically sounding like drum beat with each shot. Doing so can bring the sound below the damage threshold without lowering the decibels to the point of legally being considered a "suppressor".

Are these jesse james .. caught in a huge lie - breaks all science and rationality suppressors?

>so high pitched, or has such a high frequency
A gunshot is a single pulse of sound. It doesn't have a "frequency" because it's not continuous. The very idea of changing the "pitch" of a gunshot is meaningless because it doesn't have a pitch in the first place.

>>bring the sound below the damage threshold without lowering the decibels
That is an oxymoron. Decibels are a measure of sound pressure. damage and decibels are one and the same. If your device reduced the sound pressure to the point that it wouldn't harm you it certainly would be lowering the dB measurement too.

>> point of legally being considered a "suppressor".
In the USA the legal definition of a "suppressor" is anything which can reduce the volume of a single gunshot by 1 or more dB. It's an incredibly broad definition.

>when you want to be an engineer but you never graduated high school

>tattooed, drugged-up thot
gross, but that's the norm for r*Ssians

What if someone developed a device to emit a similar sound to a gunshot, but one phase offset.

The bose headphones of shooting.

Idk user she's kinda cute

>she's kinda cute
I'd say see an optometrist but you can't see at all already

>anything which can reduce the volume of a single gunshot by 1 or more dB

Plastic pop bottle. Pillow. Potato.

Lol is that electrical tape?

Attached: IMG_3088.jpg (1024x1024, 464K)

>damage and decibels are one and the same.
I wanted to find the old infographic from my old textbooks, but Google informed me that medical opinion on low-frequency noise has drastically changed since the 90s.
>by 1 or more dB.
I thought it was by 10dB or more, but it appears you're right and that's astoundingly gay.
Nah, I'm just old and science moved on without me. You might be right about OP though.

Na, she tattood over it cuz it used to be a swastika. She’s the best gf I could wish for

Attached: C19710CA-1379-4CED-A4D9-86C756DE59FA.jpg (684x851, 61K)

You're right, it looks too plastic to just be ink. It... Kinda looks like an RFID sticker?
What ghetto cyberpunk is this?

Ive seen this chick in some outdoor pool with her sis??

>> but Google informed me that medical opinion on low-frequency noise has drastically changed since the 90s.

If you are talking about steady-state noise like an engine or a fan then sure. But the only gun that produces that steady state noise is a machine gun. Normal gunshots are single impluses of sound. Because there is only one "bang" there is no wave and therefore no frequency. A gunshot doesn't have a frequency, it's just a spike.

You're not wrong about low-frequency noise being different than high-frequency noise. What you are missing entirely is that a gunshot is no-frequency noise. It's just a single, loud, impulse.

That is theoretically possible, but far from practical. It would require immensely expensive and if it malfunctioned for whatever reason it would be just as bad as firing a gun without earpro.

She looks like she got a tatoo for every STD she got.

>thinner atmosphere
Hiking is a suppressor.

>It's the opposite direction of a Nazi one.
>implying half the people who get triggered by swastikas even know what direction it is supposed to be

Why did she cover it? and that does look like electrical tape. It looks extremely uncanny.

I realized it's not, it's a flipped image, so my post was pointless.

>try take out one guy silently
>infinity pitbulls converge on your location

Attached: 1pitbull.png (603x800, 412K)

Yes

no, it's the norm for ameriniggers tho.

Attached: 1545805473814.jpg (399x599, 165K)

>In the USA the legal definition of a "suppressor" is anything which can reduce the volume of a single gunshot by 1 or more dB.

>buy a gun with huge permenantlt attached muzzle brake, is loud as fuck
>chop it off, retread the barrel and replace with a flash hider, gun is now quieter
>this is a silencer now

Fuck this gay earth

racist girls used to be coalburners user dont touch them with a ten foot pole
if you want a girl that wont fuck niggers while youre at work find a normal girl and mold her like clay

>racist girls used to be coalburners user dont touch them with a ten foot pole
She's not racist (at least no more so than any other Russian thot) she's just edgy.

AN-94's muzzle device half-asses the concept.

Still a soundwave thus must have a frequency.

Single pulse still has rise and fall time, it’s just one sample like what you get when you do any sampling on finite time functions

There are some really cool old designs on suppressors I'm considering playing with. Particularly, the Russians had some fucking odd stuff.
>Ball valve that's pulled closed by the bullet passing over it, and partially seals the barrel til pressure drops
>Pulling a vacuum
>Self healing wipes/designs that rotate new ones into position as they wear out
Plus there's that new metamaterials thing. Dunno if it would work with suppressors, because you're dealing with gases and not just soundwaves.