/arg/ AR thread

AR thread
/arg/
Bullyzone
Cancer containment

Shilling things you dont own edition

Old

Attached: 39298421_312342682649887_9075402299074412432_n.jpg (1080x607, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/item/804845806
brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-parts/triggers/ar-15-enhanced-triggers-prod67223.aspx?avs|Make_3=AR-15
brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-parts/triggers/ar-15-tactical-trigger-group-prod31715.aspx?avs|Make_3=AR-15
cheaperthandirt.net/product/del-ton-complete-ar-15-upper-assembly-with-16-19-m4-barrel-in-556-nato-with-bolt-carrier-group-and-charging-handle-848456000072.do?sortby=priceAscend&refType=&from=fn&ecList=7&ecCategory=485326
bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Intermediate-Receiver-Extension-A5-Buffer-Tub-p/bcm-intermediate-re.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

PAS M16 for all you guccifags

Attached: 16a4gery.jpg (2048x1152, 329K)

Penis wenis

Attached: KychQ6W.jpg (3772x2695, 3.81M)

Attached: 20190325_135548.jpg (2048x1152, 669K)

What think?

Attached: gib.jpg (1855x603, 89K)

What would be your next purchase amongst these:

Beamz
Nods
LVPO (and offset irons)
Helmet
PC
Plates

Is it true that you shill your own influence on arg by dropping your trip and posting that other rifles on here are ash clones?

Buy Colt ar's, quit being poor.

Well user if you don’t have any sights/optics id say that’s a pretty good place to start. Only on ARG would someone buy a helmet to park in before an optic.

Olt is kind of shitty

*helmet to larp in

guys im thinking about picking this up what do you think

gunbroker.com/item/804845806

Attached: pix530216973.jpg (619x268, 29K)

I have a ~$500 budget for my first AR. Should I build from scratch (no experience, but I'd find it interesting and challenging) or should I buy a prebuilt platform and replace parts as I see fit?

What are the pros and cons of either?

Lol no

Sounds like you are poor.

if you don't have an optic you should buy that first.
Then get a flashlight
after that, get a PC with plates
then get a helmet
then get a NOD
then get beamz

Attached: patrol.jpg (720x960, 120K)

I just prefer nicer rifles than colt.

'sup bois, /akg/ here, wuggy's coming back, and I think he's coming back to stay. Sorry

Attached: the true self.jpg (500x374, 33K)

Is the mold spreading?

Attached: EDC668EA-8A3B-4C16-857D-D3A75FD1441E.jpg (2048x1152, 676K)

Lies and slander

Be prepared to buy tools with that $500 if you want to build, might be what you are after though

What tools will I need, and how much would that set me back, roughly?

Why do poorfags buy PSA and not aero and get an actual decent product?

Attached: 57D47F68-3A5D-4EB2-853B-4C3708D0BF5B.jpg (1000x630, 136K)

Vice, armorers wrench, some blocks, torque wrench, other hand tools you probably have already

Aero isnt any better

I don't have many tools, actually. You reckon it'd be easier to buy a cheap AR and replace parts as I go? Kinda what I'm leaning towards. Any recommendations for brand or anything like that?

Do not be afraid. I am peace; I am salvation.

Attached: floodmold.jpg (542x542, 91K)

Top kek

Nothing wrong with some old school musketry.

Attached: 56we4s6t5g4sd6g54sd6gf54sdf.jpg (1876x1512, 1.1M)

Aero is miles better for one hour more of wageslaving

t. PSA owner

Matey has to make memes about my acog because his mom wont buy him one.

what did he do wrong in /akg/ to leave for good?

Attached: moldgang.jpg (4096x2164, 1.67M)

Dig it

My fucking sides

He finally got his pig-in-a-lipstick WorseRs built and now after he spent thousands of dollars on Anderson-tier piles of shit he says AKs r bad guise because /akg/ refuses to suck his dick and lambasts him like he deserves.

It does make me hopeful that eventually he can be bullied out of /arg/, but it will take powerful bullies.

Attached: what a shame.jpg (401x449, 47K)

well, shit. I get what you are saying and recognize he's likely coming back here for a while, but I think he'll continue to act as a pendulum and return back to your folk after he gets butt-blasted here, just as before.

Nice moldy green you bum

I do hope he regrets his poor choices enough to sell his abominations but I think he's gonna keep them around just to have an excuse to post in /akg/. At the end of the day I either think he never liked AKs in the first place and build as expensive of AKs in the worst way he could to claim authority when he calls them shit, or he really wanted validation and is sad he can't get it. Just wanted to warn you, but I do think the possibility that he will return remains.

Attached: rare meat.png (400x328, 163K)

Armorer's wrench, bench vise and some upper receiver blocks are pretty much mandatory, you can skimp on the torque wrench if you are not retarded or have worked with tools before but you do need one to do it right. A decent armorer's wrench should have everything you need but you can absolutely not skimp on one if you want it to last more than one use.
I'd guess this stuff would run around $150-200 if you shop around, maybe cheaper if you hit a garage sale/trades day for the vice and torque wrench..
One pro to buying a prebuilt is if you buy a decent brand, S&W, BCM, etc.. you can look it over and see "how it's done". Plus you can start with the basics that way and learn what you want/need out of the rifle and you can potentially get more bang for your buck if you don't know what you're after initially.

His fundamental problem with /akg/ is that he didn't have a trap fucker role model to spoon feed him all of the info he needed to fit in. What was required was a AK equivalent of A2Grip aka QuiltSteel aka Emy Amethyst

tfw no one commented on my AR

Attached: 1511933106666.png (236x234, 98K)

How can a stripped lower reciever be good or bad? Aren't they all the same material and specifications?

Shark clone

Attached: 20190325_152624-1.jpg (2048x1005, 1.06M)

Thanks!!!

Attached: s65g4e6r8g4er68g4eg.jpg (1922x796, 783K)

That shorty M&P build yours? Looks cool.

Attached: 65s4g6sd4g6d8g4deg.jpg (2016x934, 646K)

thank you!

Attached: 1521907720019.jpg (384x512, 114K)

I think you're right, everyone gave him good info and he never took it, but it's because a lot of them were user and he couldn't process the info because of that. He didn't have a cock to suck on if that makes any sense.

Are the bcm mlok covers very grippy like the magpul ones?

Attached: 20190325_153418-1.jpg (3378x1480, 1.93M)

My only question is why not buy a true a2 upper? You have elements of older styles mixed with modern, is that the purpose or were you just using what's on hand? Don't get me wrong if this works for you cool but it just seems strange to have the detachable sights on a railed upper with the stock/optic/mag combo.

is their psq ambi bolt release thingy any good?

Attached: apar501102a_ambidextrous_lower_receiver_2.jpg (1000x630, 59K)

Building my first pistol

Rec me a brace

I don't trust internet lists

It's basically the result of me being impatient and poor(ish). I wanted a retro-esque SBR, something like a colt commando, and had one AR to work with. I found a cheap PSA 10.5" upper and figured it was close enough. Only now, learning more and more about AR's do I realize that I will be needing to get a fixed carry handle upper at some point to switch over to.

Yes, 1 million fucking times yes. Literally no one besides Ash cares about Ashes rifles and would take the effort to reply to a post just to call it an Ash clone.

Nice Ash clone

if I cover my gun in runes with an acrylic pen and go to a range or training will I get red flagged?
What if I dont have any obvious racial slurs on it?

SBA3 or SBA4(When it comes out). You're welcome.

Fair 'nuff. Well hey at least you're on your way.

I honestly don't understand how you have dumped so much money into your AR and swapping parts and it's still so shit.

Between these two triggers, which should I get? Both seem pretty much the same, with the difference being one is drop in and the other is just standard assembly. I'd be getting either the two stage Geissele or the 3.5lb cmc

brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-parts/triggers/ar-15-enhanced-triggers-prod67223.aspx?avs|Make_3=AR-15

brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-parts/triggers/ar-15-tactical-trigger-group-prod31715.aspx?avs|Make_3=AR-15

Hes the same cog you do

???? He has that steiner in a shitty arms mount

>fearing red flag
Fucking come and take them. I'll schizopost on my rifle if I want.

If anyone was wondering how to filter trAsh and Wuggy, here is how. Go to the top right corner, click settings, the filters and post hiding, check filter and highlight specific posts, and their tripcodes are in the pic.

Attached: FilterAshandWuggy.jpg (1894x935, 171K)

Attached: JPEG_20190324_204031.jpg (3328x1872, 1.22M)

Matey has a nicer rifle than ash hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahabaha

thats not Matey's rifle.

That’s mateys rifle dog

Attached: 773105D7-2A65-47A1-913E-590886E95F73.jpg (1535x2372, 941K)

>non discordfag thinks he knows
Goddamn arg sucks these days

>yugo
>brace
>tws dog leg
absolutely disgusting

timestamp with your trip on posting it.

Eat shit you pissy faggot. You dont know shit, and I'm laughing at you.

What slavshit isnt?

Vortex of Trijicon?
Looking at the 2.5-10 or 3-9 models.
Just want a bit more input.
Thanks.
I'm kind of leaning in that direction right now.

Attached: 1493015580030.jpg (350x190, 14K)

Kys

Attached: 040312AA-84B1-48CF-BFAF-4E4E92B211B1.jpg (1536x2336, 1.36M)

Cant even get a proper 5.5 trunnion and stock... is anyone surprised?

Personally I prefer a 2 stage trigger.. I have both Geissele and CMC triggers, as well as a slew of other brands both traditional style and self-contained drop ins like Timney and such, and I fucking hate every single one of the drop in "modules". Most of them aren't very consistent, the entire trigger assembly shifts when you pull the trigger. Some of the models have small allen set screws you use to put pressure on the bottom of the lower so they don't move but it never really worked as well as it should for me.
The worst of the bunch of the drop ins is almost like a 3 stage, it has a strange super short but extremely gritty first stage, then a traditional second stage, then finally the third/breaking point.
It boils down to preference though, I'm much happier with my Geissele/traditional style.

Vortex

cheaperthandirt.net/product/del-ton-complete-ar-15-upper-assembly-with-16-19-m4-barrel-in-556-nato-with-bolt-carrier-group-and-charging-handle-848456000072.do?sortby=priceAscend&refType=&from=fn&ecList=7&ecCategory=485326

Thinking about ordering this for my first AR. Any advice?

And how customizable would something like this be?

Ruger556 are solid. I just got one as my first ar and has been just fine. Lot more features than the similar m±p best I can tell. They're right around 500 on gun broker which my shop actually price matched.

Can I reliably kill a deer with match 556 out of a 20" barrel?

No

Does anyone here have any experience with sig mxc?

Looks decent for a starter, the bolt has the right specs. 1:9 twist which will work great for the 55gr bullets that 95% of AR shooters will be blasting away with because the ammo is cheap and on the shelves at their local stores. It's an AR so it's.. completely customizable.. you can change literally any part on it if you have the tools/know-how or are willing to buy/learn what you need from the internet.

Depends on the distance and size of the deer, also the angle of the shot. I've knocked a few small ones over in Northeast Texas with 1:7 18" barrel and 75grs boat tails while I was shooting at them more or less from the front. Don't have exact distance but probably around 75-90 yards?

Attached: 20190315_144053.jpg (2052x3648, 3.01M)

In his defense, an ACE stock is a hell of a lot more comfy than a metal 74 sidefolder.

got an lmt sopmod stock, it is dope. only issue is it has a bit of rattle to it. anyone know a buffer tube that will fit perfectly? Want a VLTOR A5 but that shit is sold out everywhere. Thinking the lmt or maybe a geislle.

what is 100 series folding stock...

>MCX
what are you thinkin? Buying a variant? There's different versions, old & new

The LMT buffer is designed to fit the stock with no rattle. I went the opposite direction and sold my LMT SOPMOD to some hardcore cloner and bought 2 B5s instead, they're just as tight when paired with LMT buffer tube and I was able to upgrade the stock of a different rifle without spending more.

bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Intermediate-Receiver-Extension-A5-Buffer-Tub-p/bcm-intermediate-re.htm

Same tube

Wouldn't look right with the plum furniture.

Alright thanks for the input. Upgrading my first build from a generic milspec trigger. Will get the Geissele then, I don't want to post $100+ for a nice trigger and it have slop.

Just ordered a Comp M5 on a Larue mount, how bad did I fuck up?

anyone else have gen3 windowed magpul
that don't that don't actually line up with the number in the window?

the orange coil NEVER lines up with the number of round in the mag
"5" is actually 7
"15" is actually 18
"25" is actually 28

I live in the woods so less than 50 yard shots are the most likely.

Maybe, best to get the pen and wait until the DOTR.