Where can I buy a quality recurve now that’s at least 50 pounds?

Where can I buy a quality recurve now that’s at least 50 pounds?

Attached: CF1996A7-B55C-48EE-9429-EE121A9A355F.jpg (2000x2000, 201K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/s?k=recurve bow
aliexpress.com/item/40lbs-fishing-bow-aluminum-recurve-long-bow-straight-bow-for-starter/32742047601.html
aliexpress.com/item/56-inches-American-Hunting-Bow-30-50lbs-Draw-Weight-FPS170-190-Recurve-Bow-Hunting-Archery-Bow/32866661117.html
aliexpress.com/item/Traditional-archery-hunting-bow-50lbs-1-piece-recurve-bow-shooting-sports/32828833145.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just go to a local store dip-ass

sometimes in a a pawnshop you may have to haggle while youre at it

I got mine at cabalas

I got a Spyder for a really good deal on Amazon deals that was new in opened packaging.

Ebay, Amazon, AliExpress.

Composite tech is super mainstream now. You'll get a better bow out of China for 100 bucks than any bow fred bear made before the 90's.

I like the black hunter series. You can get them in 50 and I think 60, cheap as dirt and pretty aesthetic too. It's a blatant knockoff of some north american design and there are a thousand variations available online.

you can also make less reliable ones out of PVC and a heat gun.

Well, the Sage in your pic is a great bow. Got mine from Amazon. Protip- watch the numerous videos on youtube before you string it.

amazon.co.uk/s?k=recurve bow
Most of them are 50£ and up so you should be fine.

Sammick Sage is standard among recommended bows for newbies.

It might be hard to pick up a bow that weighs 50 pounds.

Attached: jej (2).gif (400x400, 1.6M)

>wake me up

Should you always go for the heaviest draw weight you can manage?

Fucking no, start light.

Lancaster Archery
If you can find the same bow for the same price or cheaper on amazon, go for it. On averagr the reviews on Lancaster are more trustworthy than the reviews on Amazone. The Samick Sage, Samick Polaris, or SWA Spydee are all good begineer bows, they're also all more or less similar in design.

Buy a nice BCY Mercury String once you get your practice in with plain old dacron strings. Remember to keep your strings lightly waxed. Silicone fortified wax is better.

Absolutely not
You want to go for something you can shoot for hours without getting tired. If you can draw the bow and hold it for 2 minutes without your arms giving out, it's a good weight.

A kiddy bow could be fun and all, but it's hardly a lethal instrument. What is the point of practising with a bow that will not shoot arrows as fast as the most powerful bow I can use? The trajectories will be different.

Because if you (presumably) want a bow to use as a lethal weapon you need to build the strength up for it. You're basically asking why people don't just immediately start lifting super heavy weights, because that's not how it works.

People start with the heaviest weights they can manage to lift 6 to 8 times in a row if they want to build strength. I guess I should grab my weights and try some archer's lifts to see what my starting strength is.

Listen to . There's no shame in starting with a 30-40lb draw weight bow. Hell, most people will struggle with that at first.
>2 minutes
I always heard thirty seconds to a minute but alright.
It's because the vast majority of people don't use the muscles used in drawing back a bow. Most people can pull back a 50lb bow, but after 10 minutes of shooting? Probably not. It's the same as the advice of starting with a lighter recoil gun. You get a weaker bow you can use for hours and concentrate on form with instead of fucking with your shoulders and stance until its right while you're seconds away from collapsing because you're using a bow far stronger than you should be. You can hunt perfectly fine with a 40 pound bow

Because your form is going yo be absolute dogshit and you'll develop horrible habits trying to fight your bow. At best this results in injuries to your shoulder and making you shoot less. At worst you keep doing this and you learn a bunch of retarded habits that will take a long time to unlearn and you'll be a terrible shot for even longer than if you were injured and learned your lesson immediately.
My perspective is of primitive archery(ie no arrow rests, no sight pins or any of that shit). Stave string and arrows.
When starting out, if you've got decent back and shoulders muscles from swimming or whatever, get a 30-40lb bow at your draw length. Arm strength and most lifting numbers are irrelevant. If you have a weak fucking back, stick to the 30 side. Shoot this bow a LOT. All the time. Since you have a pretty low power bow for your strength, its pretty much not going to tire you out no matter how much you shoot and you'll have lots of time to inspect your form during draw and release. Perfect your draw, you can feel when you're doing it right in your upper and mid back/shoulders.
Once you have done a lot of shooting and you can shoot at least an 8 inch or so group at 10-15 yards consistently, then you can consider moving up in draw weight. With takedown bows and other modern crap this is pretty inexpensive and easy, so you can affordably increase draw weight in increments. Work your way up to whatever goal you want but do it slowly. If you wanna shoot traditionally, in my opinion you should make a big jump at this point. If you're shooting 40 and want to hit 55 then just buy the 55. Then, do specific exercises to increase your strength, while shooting your old bow for form. Resistance bands are very very good for this imo.

aliexpress.com/item/40lbs-fishing-bow-aluminum-recurve-long-bow-straight-bow-for-starter/32742047601.html
aliexpress.com/item/56-inches-American-Hunting-Bow-30-50lbs-Draw-Weight-FPS170-190-Recurve-Bow-Hunting-Archery-Bow/32866661117.html

aliexpress.com/item/Traditional-archery-hunting-bow-50lbs-1-piece-recurve-bow-shooting-sports/32828833145.html

>Metal bow limbs on a recurve.

Attached: 1541917373513.jpg (683x771, 287K)

This has no metal limbs