Bump stock ban goes into effect tomorrow

Bump stock ban goes into effect tomorrow.

Time for you to predict what will happen.

How many people will the ATF arrest in the first month? First year? Will illegally manufactured bump stocks become a thing?

Attached: 8a08b752-d27b-4e73-8c6b-69a5a9f932c4-large16x9_1c9a9f2503234c3ab42cd09e09deb78blarge16x9_BUMPSTOCK.p (986x555, 719K)

Other urls found in this thread:

freebeacon.com/issues/last-minute-order-partially-blocks-enforcement-of-bump-stock-ban/
freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/2019-3-25-cadc-order-emergency-motion.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=X2gdkQIv3kY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whoever hands them in deserves to be crushed by tyrants

>How many people will the ATF arrest in the first month?
Nobody
>First year?
Nobody
>Will illegally manufactured bump stocks become a thing?
>illegally manufactured
You mean, like using kids to producing them in violation of child labor laws? Because there's nothing illegal about the stocks themselves; the new definition will be getting tossed out in court.

Wait, are people handing them in?

I assumed that people just destroyed them.

If they want to keep them, can't they just "forget" that they owned them? I imagine it would be difficult to prosecute anyone, if they bought them, and claimed that they "forgot" about them, if they were ever prosecuted.

I don't think you could establish beyond a reasonable doubt, that someone knew they had a bump stock, unless you could prove they are actually using it regularly.

>the new definition will be getting tossed out in court.
Really?

That would make total legal sense, since, y'know, bump stocks aren't automatic weapons.

But have we seen similar stuff in the past? An executive order about guns that overreaches, and gets overturned by the courts?

much plastic goes buried in the earth
waiting there for day x

Attached: TD.jpg (428x720, 165K)

Very few people will be arrested, almost entirely incidentally when they get busted for drugs or other things, and you will never hear about it any more than you hear about other gun arrests

Based Trump.
Turn 'em in Mr and Mrs America and Make America Great Again.

Attached: 12121.jpg (1100x619, 73K)

>officer I just plum "forgot" about this unregistered machine gun!
Not likely. It doesn't matter because they'll probably coerce you to plead down on whatever real charge they nailed you on, anyway

So are they making possession of a bumpstock illegal. Not up to date because in think bump stocks are useless trash.

FPC has a temporary injunction in place against the ban but it isn't for everybody just members of FPC, 2AF, GOA, and others that are plaintiffs in the case.
So their members have a federal injunction allowing them to posses them until the lawsuit ends.

Obama legalized bump stocks because he wanted mass shootings to become more deadly. And as we saw in Las Vegas that is what happened. The people who are against the ban are just a bunch of Obama and Hillary shills. They want guns to continue to look bad so that more states enact gun control laws. Trump banning these stocks was a great move by him. His approval rating will go up and he will make america great again.

Well, I for one believe that all twelve bump stock owners in the US will turn them in without issue.

Except it wasn't a machine gun when you bought it. Imagine if a certain type of trigger was declared a machine gun. Can everybody remember every trigger they bought?

But you're probably right, that most of the time people get indited for owning a bump stock, it'll just be an add-on charge to intimidate you.

I'm not sure whether this is trolling, or excessive love for Trump.

Is there actually a difference? He was basically elected through the power of memes to begin with.

Its basic retardation. Dont give them (yous)

Go back to lefty/pol/ shareshill.

Sauce here

freebeacon.com/issues/last-minute-order-partially-blocks-enforcement-of-bump-stock-ban/

It’s only $1 to join the Firearms Policy Foundation and not become a felon over night.

Trying to think of something that became federally illegal to own, with no registration etc, within my lifetime. And I can't. So god knows.

It’s a lot like boxxybabee followers. Trolling and love all in one package.

>only applies to the members
What stupid shit is this? If it applies that widely to that many people, it should apply to all Americans.

>boxxybabee

Attached: ac17e809a2302e4309dff943e85f8f13.jpg (608x811, 42K)

I agree it’s stupid shit but we are dealing with retarded mental gymnastics in our courts.

FPF did file a petition to include all owners but that was struck down. Our government loves to prey on citizens and steal our rights.

They want a few new felons out of this debacle for money and power. It’s corruption plain and simple.

Please see Those groups you mentioned are not covered in the article for a stay on the ban unless this article is incomplete on the list of protected organizations.

Idk about arresting but I'm sure they will kill a lot of dogs

Private possession of gold in 1933, or whenever. Illegal, but almost nobody got prosecuted. It prevented the sale of gold to consumers, though, which was the primary intent of the law.

Also, imagine how many people will actually, genuinely forget that they bought a bump stock. You can buy them for like $40.

Imagine you're going through your stuff, and you come across one...

>"oh shit, did I buy a bump stock?"

>"maybe this is Greg's bump stock? I remember him coming to my house to try it out in 2016, but I don't remember keeping it"

>"Wait no, in 2017, I traded rifles with Bob, and I think he offered

In addition, I bet a significant number of people bought a used AR-15 (or whatever) and have a bump stock on there, but have never realized it's a bump stock. They just figured it's a regular stock, and don't shoot the rifle much.

Protip boys -
>the bump stock opinion reversal and subsequent reclassification to illegal machine gun is a precursor to "pistol" rifle configurations with "pistol brace" totally-not-a-stocks
>the purpose of this exercise is to turn as many "resist" type gun owners into felons as possible to strip them of their rights
>yes, that includes voting
Be careful out there

Yup, you bet your ass if a shooting is committed with a pistol braced AR that they'll be all over try to reclassify pistol braces as stocks to turn tons of legal pistols into SBRs.

agreed. It'll be the NFA all over again, with the same old tropes of
>why does a law abiding citizen NEED a concealable rifle/shotgun?
It's not an accident that the ATF in the last few years has been "allowing" (via non-legally-binding opinion letters) all kinds of shit that juuuuust skirts illegal, such as braces, bump stocks, binary triggers, etc

>unironically using a bump stock in combat

for what purpose?

Gotta agree here. If you're already going to boogaloo, then you might as well just make a coat hanger link.

Don't forget all the memewaves becoming destructive devices. Only this time I bet they don't let people register them like when they changed their minds on the street sweepers and USAS-12's

Some jurisdictions are offering buyback programs, so that's probably why.

meant for

I don't know much about buybacks. Do they record your name?

It seems like it would be stupid to have your name recorded as an owning a kinda-maybe-machine-gun. Even if they give you $20 for the trouble. You'll probably end up on a list somewhere.

I think for the WA one you could get as much as $150. The idea is they don't want to rip you off, because then people won't actually participate in it.
>Do they record your name
I'm not sure actually. Again, probably not, because they don't want to scare people off.

The best thing for our cause would be if there were some high profile arrests of bump stock owners. It would finally get this issue out to the main stream media.

I’m doing my part. I’ve been replying to armslist sales for bumpstocks and keeping a list of the sellers. Just sent in another list to the atf.

the ATF cant afford donuts so worry about something else!

Attached: 52cb6553076c_1531766883.jpg (572x391, 39K)

Missed the boat if you wanted to do that (today was the last day the buyback was happening), but considering they send you money in the mail via check, they'll know your name and address.

You should just apply.

Attached: atf.jpg (500x692, 121K)

It's all that 25D chess, just you wait, screencap this. It's opening the door to a full repeal of the NFA and machine gun registry

Why would an officer know about it?

>I imagine it would be difficult to prosecute anyone, if they bought them, and claimed that they "forgot" about them, if they were ever prosecuted.
How difficult is it to prosecute people who have drugs that "aren't [theirs]" in their car? Protip: owning a vehicle with drugs in it makes you guilty of owning drugs, even if they're "not yours".

Not comparable. To prove guilt, you need "mens rea" or "guilty mind". And this must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

If a person failed to destroy his bump stock, it will be difficult/impossible to prove he had a "guilty mind". How can you prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that he intended to keep a machine gun? All the defense needs to show is that there is a "reasonable doubt" that he simply forgot he owned a bump stock.

Of course, if he's taking the bump stock out and shooting it occasionally, and the prosecution can prove that, they're likely to get a conviction.

Drugs are illegal, and have been illegal for a long, long time. A guy with drugs in his car, either

1) He put the drugs there, or
2) A friend of his put the drugs there, with his knowledge, or
3) A friend of his put the drugs there, without any of his knowledge

No. 1 and no. 2 clearly show "guilty mind". And it's pretty easy to destroy no. 3, if the guy has drug paraphernalia in his apartment. Of course, in some circumstances, a person can get away with a no. 3 defense.

Could you imagine doing their job but ok with not even getting paid for it?

Hes blue pilled and cucked

Attached: cat pathetic.png (579x440, 276K)

Attached: Capture.png (971x198, 111K)

Wishful thinking user. It won’t happen cause there are too many fudds and rinos.

Buddy, I can tell you dont know much about the legal system. Ever hear the phrase "posession is 9/10 of the law"? Saying
>hurr I totally just forgot I had this illegal "machine gun"
Isn't going to get you off any more than a pothead telling a car the kilo of weed in his backseat isn't his.
I'm of the opinion this is the equivalent of the world's largest honeypot operation intended to slowly ban guns from the most "serious" gun owners who would be willing to resist gun bans. Possession of an illegal machine gun is big prison time + big fines.

>it should apply to all Americans.
But the NRA gave away free hats...lol
>membership has it's privileges

Attached: 20190326_011724.jpg (2560x1440, 1.43M)

>How many people will the ATF arrest in the first month?
Very few if at all, they were a gimmick device that few even knew existed in the first place before vegas.
>First year?
See above
>Will illegally manufactured bump stocks become a thing?
Maybe, it's not like they're very complicated to make. But there are far better and more effective not so legal ways of achieving full giggle than a springy boi.
As for people handing them in, I doubt the atf will collect very many of them. I imagine most that actually bought one after boomer bay were expecting some form of legislation and got it soley for stashing it away.

So...bump stocks are out... What about bump braces?

bump-stocks are just a toy, they defeat any attempt at accuracy and have a lower rate of fire than a traditional full-auto.

>Boomer fudd detected

Bumping can go faster than the rate of a standard AK or AR. That's why they seem to jam up frequently. The hammer rides the bolt carrier home due to an extremely high cyclical rate of fire.

Giant brainlet faggot detected

Trolling, but bump stocks are retarded.

Attached: Hyde.png (458x308, 333K)

Why not just use a belt or your finger?

Bump firing isn’t hard, Gatling ar’s are legal, and binary triggers are legal.

>will illegal manufacturing of bump stocks become a thing

Since they'll be equally illegal after tomorrow, might as well just convert guns to full auto. Easier in some cases than making a shitty bump stock. Not that I'd do either, of course.

wording of the EO makes gatling and binary triggers illegal as well

So...are bump stocks for short people with short arms? I always found them supremely uncomfortable and they did nothing but hinder accuracy.
Heh, we had a guy at a gun show not too long ago offering to convert rifles to full-auto for 20 bucks or something like that. Everyone suspected it was some sort of sting operation and a good laugh was had by all.

Come and take them

Not really, it says the cycle has to be self sustaining, gatling and binary triggers don’t make a cycle.

Until the government declares they do make a self sustaining cycle in the name of public safety.

To be fair, most people think bump stocks are terrible anyway.

Join the NRA so they can defend our rights

Lol...nice bait

>most people think bump stocks are terrible anyway
Most people think basement-tier vodka is terrible, and it kills a fuckload of people every year, but it's still not reasonable to propose banning cheap vodka.

>to propose banning cheap vodka
As long as the NRA stays out of the liquor business

I don't.

literal meme tier garbage
just drill an autosear hole faggot, same penalty

So the NRA and the idiot in chief felt it necessary to classify a meme as a machine gun. Good to know

I mean, what's the fucking difference?

what zognald does is irrelevant to the point, they are legally machineguns now so if one wants to act like a tough guy over it, they should just drill and use m16 fcg because
A. it's actually effective
B. no one probably even notice, as opposed to a dumb chuck of plastic that any CNN watcher probably knows they are by now

Well, the ATF is in charge of moonshine too.

>Ever hear the phrase "posession is 9/10 of the law"?
Firstly, that's not an actual legal concept. It's just an informal saying.

Secondly, you obviously didn't actually respond to the post, or the content within. Obviously, a pothead saying "that weed isn't mine" is a completely different argument than "I forgot I owned X, and thus failed to destroy it".

The legal argument I'm using doesn't deny that the person possessed the bump stock. It's just about people who failed to destroy their bump stocks on the approved date.

Obviously, owning a bump stock will drag anyone into a gigantic legal mess, and it's stupid to keep one around. But for the ATF, getting convictions will be extraordinarily difficult, at least in circumstances where they cannot prove that the person has been using the bump stock.

80% bump stocks when?

Bump fire is possible without a bump fire stock, it's just a matter of recoil.
What the stock does is make the process more stable, sliding straight in line with something you're shouldering, gripping, and having a cheek weld on, instead of bouncing around out in the open air. Vastly easier to control where your shots are going. That's safer.
Bump fire stocks essentially are devices that improve the safe handling of a semi auto, should the user be inclined to bump fire it.

Did Paddock even have a bump stock? I don't remember that ever being confirmed.

>any CNN watcher probably knows they are by now
Yep, I watched CNN, and now I know exactly what it is.

Attached: bouncyboi.webm (1280x720, 1.68M)

Why does that make my dick tingle?

Wait a second, couldn't you just put a second buffer spring into your stock before you slide it over the buffer tube? And then ziptie the stock adjustment lever so it stays on the tube but doesn't lock into any of the adjustment positions?
Then when you fire, the recoil compresses the stock against the spring and it slides freely into a collapsed position. After the initial recoil, the spring pushes the gun forward so that the stock only extends to the max length limit of the stock without sliding off the buffer tube.

Fuck, is the ATF going to consider having spare buffer springs to be constructive intent to manufacture a bumpstock?

Attached: 1553222553828.jpg (490x474, 31K)

No, the two shooters had actual automatic weapons. Paddock was dead before any shooting happened.

like the akins accelerator? thats why theres a hole in the back of slidefire stocks, so you can't put a spring there without modifying the stock

hurrr durrr take your meds schizo

Attached: 1541588035094.jpg (576x548, 49K)

is it too late to do this? the order says "current" members, but that doesn't necessarily mean members who join after that motion

freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/2019-3-25-cadc-order-emergency-motion.pdf

Attached: sugoisempai.jpg (726x728, 60K)

Interesting.
You'll have to pardon my naivety, I'm relatively new to the gun world and am still at the "they're trying to outlaw general shapes? how?" stage of understanding gun laws.

Attached: e3110e39d01a28e32404d71afa902f9d966f8bddbce19461ff92e12ac51889bb.jpg (422x700, 66K)

Well Jow Forums, nows your chance.
You're always talking about how the gubmint will need to take your guns from your cold dead hands, nows your chance to prove it.

I wouldn't go around dick waving with your bumpy but if you join the FPC today and get haggled by a fudd at the range just show them the court document and your member number. It should be enough to ward off any suspicion.

Dude our judicial system doesn't work like a fucking elementary school playground.

If you're in possession of something illegal, and they show that you are in fact in possession of it, you are found guilty. It's very cold, very clear and very straight to the point.

and bump stocks still only make you fire one shot with each pull of the trigger but the Trump admin and the ATF said "meh fuck whatever actually makes sense we're doing whatever we want anyway"

this is literally proof that there is no longer any argument, they're just going to do whatever they want. past rulings, past statements on the legality of xyz literally mean NOTHING and they are just going to ban whatever they feel like. this is literally proof and nobody fucking gives a shit. it's literally the beginning of the end of the second amendment you fucks, WAKE UP

>fucks up the NFA machine gun definition
>gets to supreme court
>if even a single shred of constitutional precedent is kept to it could literally rape the whole NFA out of existence.

you STILL don't fucking get it. nothing matters dude. it's not a democracy, they're just going to ban semi-autos next because they're tired of hearing about mass-shootings. what you think, or what you want, or what you say DOES NOT MATTER ANYMORE

read the fucking final ruling on bump stocks from the ATF. they list all of the endless valid arguments for NOT banning them, they literally list them, and then they say "welp fuck it though, we're doing it anyway because we want to"

You said literally way too many times.

Yeah the piles of dead kids can really mess with a person's head, keep framing it as an unjust infringement on your rights though. As if you'll ever be able to own enough weapons to make the state have to deal with you instead of just flattening you in an hour.

youtube.com/watch?v=X2gdkQIv3kY

Why are you posting on Jow Forums? What's your end-goal here?

why do you think legitimate gun law discussion always gets moved to Jow Forums to die, and where do you think the consensus crack NRA hate threads come from?

they're here to prevent unification and organization, can't tell you for sure who sends them but their motives are obvious.

I don't lose rights when someone else abuses theirs. Period.

Totally fucked up when you think about it. The Gold ban was enacted during the depression. So if you had it you couldn't use it to feed your family. Just made a bad situation worse.