Guide:
scribd.com/document/382993265/gitgud-1-rev2-1

Attached: p99s.jpg (2400x1209, 947K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/77de5
summitgunbroker.com/hk-usp-v1.html
youtube.com/watch?v=GOP7pxFZUHo&feature=youtu.be&t=52
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is remington golden saber 125gr .357 as good as it gets when it comes to lower recoil .357? Looking for good snubbie ammo.

Check out the lucky gunner 357 tests
They have ballistic performance of a ton of hollow points from a 2” barrel

I remember you have an RM380
Would you recommend it over an LCP II? Looking for a pocket gun and I prefer metal frame
>is it reliable
>is it easy to shoot fairly well

GUYS what 45 ACP should I get that is the most correct?

I don't even know what the fuck you're trying to ask, but I'll go ahead and say 1911 based on what little I can decipher from your fuckery.

hi point jjudge

I know about those but they don't mention much about recoil and I'm new to .357

I had my first shooting experience with it yesterday. 50 rounds of fiocchi 125gr sjsp and my hands are still hurting today so I'm looking for something with less kick.

What 45 ACP I should get. 1911 is Fudd fuckery.

Well what in the fuck does "most correct" mean, you braindead savage?

The 1911 is the most iconic .45, so I just assumed that's what you meant. Buy the cheapest .45 you can and use it on yourself, faggot.

This
streamable.com/77de5

I don't click Russian links

It's equal. The RM380 is made of aluminum with a nicely checkered frontstrap which is a very nice feature, and the trigger is a much longer DAO than the LCP II which is not a nice feature but it's okay. The LCP II is a little smaller and thinner, pic semi-related.

It shoots great, mine has not malfunctioned. I shot 150 rounds of conical hollow points through my LCP (1) and RM380, the RM380 didn't choke but the LCP had two failures to feed. fwiw

Correct in what sense? Not sure what you mean. A 1911 is one of the nicest forms you could want but good ones are not terribly cheap. But you say you don't want a 1911 because I guess you have actual autism? I'm sorry.

Attached: pockie rockies.jpg (2200x1467, 868K)

>you have actual autism
Burt pls dont

Thanks cheeseburter

1911s are good dude, what can I say?

What makes them fuddy is the people that get on about muh manstopper fuddy five. If you wanna avoid that, get a 9mm 1911. Best of the best!

*winks*
Haha you are very welcome
*bows and backs out of the room*

Attached: fuddies.jpg (2200x1467, 638K)

Alright well I just don't trust user since /arg/ recommend I buy a Springfield Saint. What 1911s are acceptable? Springfield is out cuz anti-2A and Remshit is shit.

what are some pistols worth getting in .40? I have plenty of 9mm, .45 and even a 10mm but I want something new

Attached: sig sauer p229.jpg (1500x996, 658K)

Beretta 96

My old man has one of these. Handles real smooth, like 40 isn't even a thing.

Try out a KYS-45. Been getting great reviews from everybody.

USP and 4006 TSW(preferably CHP) are honestly the two biggest standouts. Maybe the stoeger cougar in .40, too?

Permit me to make some slight corrections
SA reversed their stance on their antigun bill, shut down the lobbying group they had made, fired everyone in it, and spent money to combat the bill before it got to the Illinois HoR. They made a good effort to stop it, and issued an apology along with RRA. If you know that and still don't want to buy new, fine. But if you didn't know that, now you do.

Remington doesn't make shit 1911s. They don't make great ones either but they're not like Rem rifles and shotguns, they're made by different people using different plans in a different plant with different metals and different surface coatings. They're actually quite good value for money. If you knew that and still don't want to buy Remington, fine. But if you didn't, now you do.

So if Remington and Springfield are STILL off the table (because you have autism), then Ruger does quite a good 1911 as long as you want stainless. They only make a couple of black models but they're not as cheap. Auto Ordnance makes a really nice A1 reproduction in the US for under $500 if you're into old style A1s.

That's kind of it for actually remarkable brands and deals until you get up to Dan Wesson in the mid $1,000s. That said, there are lots more solid brands listed by price in the pastebin in OP. You could go with a $400 Phillipino thing or a $900 Sig or anything in between, depends on where you want it to be made and what features you want.

Or if you want something that's not a 1911 for purely non-autistic reasons (uh huh), there are used USP 45s for around $500, Sar K2s and M&P M2.0s for $400, gloccs, XDs, used S&W 3rd gens, Grand Power P45, Beretta 8045, Sig P220 I mean the list goes on. What do you want in a .45?

USP .40 for sure is the nicest shooting .40 I've ever shot. All steel S&W 3rd gens are nice shooting too and so is the Beretta/Stoever 8040/Cougar. I haven't shot one but I imagine a .40 Sig P226/P228 would also be nice.

I just checked and holy smokes Summit STILL has USP .40 V1s for $365, wow
summitgunbroker.com/hk-usp-v1.html

Attached: glocc fotay.jpg (2200x1467, 856K)

Is there a /hg/ discord?

Attached: Langdon92LTT.jpg (600x333, 35K)

Yeah.

Yes.

I have the P30L in 40 and it’s in the $500 range now

U S P
S
P

Attached: 1532743430307.gif (500x283, 1.73M)

Still relatively new to guns, own a shitty B6P but wanted to waste my tax return on something outlandishly retarded. How do you guys figure out when a gun is actually released? Looking to pick up a CP33 but google's not giving me much to work with.

Attached: keltec-cp33-right.jpg (1086x610, 146K)

What can you guys tell me about the Chiappa Rhino? For some reason I always thought they were a super overpriced meme gun and wrote it off, today I actually looked and realized they aren't that expensive. Are they shit? I kinda want one now that I know I can afford it.

Attached: 0e3704be075cf7f054b08ff70e27eff4.jpg (828x1736, 101K)

I don't recommend buying 1st gen KelTecs... the magazine seems like it's a shitshow on the CP33

Most of the reviews I've seen don't seem to have any issues but I guess they're not accounting for long term use. But yeah I've heard problems about from keltec but it's a company that I've been watching for a while and I deeply love the designs and innovation that goes into their shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=GOP7pxFZUHo&feature=youtu.be&t=52

They're not shit, not are they super excellent. Definitely a meme gun, and like a true meme gun it's something you can't get anywhere else.

I have heard the triggers are not very good, compared to the really exceptionally smooth DA and crisp SA triggers most revolvers have. All revolvers can have timing issues but I think Rhinos are more prone to it than other designs. These are just things I've heard, take it with a grain of salt.

Nice revolvers are expensive so $800 isn't outrageous for a weirdo foreign-made revolver. If you've gotta have it, you've gotta have it!

All early reviews I saw had several magazine-related issues which may or may not be fixed by revisions before they were put into production for what that's worth.

S E A M
E
A
M

>Rhino
SEAM
E
A
M

They're not great, but they are neat. They tend to lose timing kinda fast, but not as bad as Taurus, and their triggers are pretty terrible compared to conventional revolvers around their price point.

Be sure to rent before you buy either way, fired a 50DS a few months ago and nothing about it made me go 'wow, this is a good gun'.

Posting my handgun family Recommended me something new

Attached: 20190324_224449.jpg (4032x3024, 3.69M)

Wheel gun

I'm thinking about picking up a P226 and getting a can for it. Besides needing suppressor height sights is there anything else I should price out?

Auto ordnance makes a nice old school GI clone if that's what your looking for

Smiff 529

With Keltec the consumer is the QA department. You will most likely have to send it back at least once to get some reliability out of it, and you can bet money that mag is going to become a jam fest really fuckin quick.

should I buy a discount Hudson for kicks so I can have a beautiful unfixable paperweight when it inevitably breaks?

Attached: Hudson-H9_Range-Bag[1].jpg (1920x1280, 296K)

Still a .22.

Nice stuff btw

Nope! You'll eventually need new springs but that's wayyy down the road. Maybe grips if you don't like the ones that come on there, but the factory P226 (not E2) grips feel really excellent to me, so even though I have a boner for wood and put it on anything I possibly can, I left my Sig alone.

Also you don't necessarily need tall sights, though they do help. I never got tall sights either, I just aim through the can or along the top of the can.

Oh! Short Reset Kit. For $40 that's a must if the gun doesn't come with it from the factory! Don't bother with E2 or the short reach trigger unless you have very very small hands.

Absolutely, but you missed the boat for the $599 deal. It's not a "holy shit buy now" kind of gun at $800 imo considering there's zero support or poarts available. Keep watch though and if they get low again, get one. They're really neat.

Attached: sigs.jpg (2400x1600, 1.56M)

I'd go with 110 for snubbie probably. Lighter recoil. 125 .38s and .357s generally have some UMMMF outta snubbies

USP. It and .40 go together like pizza and beer

>Smith 59
Nice

>Remington doesn't make shit 1911s
Maybe they've changed but 6--7 years ago when they first came out my buddy bought one. It was horrible, instant rust finish, sights came flying off, it had about every jam imaginable FTF, failure to feed, failure to eject, stovepipes, you name it. Easily one of the worst pistols I've ever dealt with, on par with my old SW 61

All these striker fired pistols and no Glock, Imagine buying sup par copied garbage

He's going all out lads

idk what handgun I want

Glock 19

Glock 19

no that's boring and I want everyone else at the range to think I'm cool

Lol thank I have looked at a few ruger 22/45's but I own a 10/22 and dont really see the need for a .22 handgun, I'd rather a weelgun first, I'm trying to track down a s&w model 13 in good shape for that

Smith and Wesson Model 19-3

Beretta 92fs

excellent digits but aren't they pretty thick? I don't like brick framed guns. I'm leaning towards a cz p01 because of the ergonomics

/hg/ now confirmed Beretta General

Thanks, it was my grandfather's he bought it back in '75 if I remember correctly, still in perfect condition

You chomos wanna drop a link?

If you don't know what you want you shouldn't buy anything desu.

I picked up this USP 9mm with a LEM upgrade, Truglo night sights, rail adapter, and a Jet Funnel + 2 mags for 380 after a trade in on a beat to shit Mosin m44. How'd I do, folks? I love the thing to death so far but unfortunately haven't gotten to take it for a spin yet.

Nevermind the Reesesights.

Attached: 20190321_182900.jpg (3264x2448, 2.36M)

Anybody got any experience with the FNS? I found this FNS 9 stainless longslide at my LGS for $375. Are these any good?

Attached: FN.jpg (2488x1536, 687K)

Not if you have normal sized hands, I'm only 5'10 and have medium sized hands and I can reach the slide safety with my thumb no problem

I really, really want an H9 as my first pistol. Why am I so retarded?

Attached: fromreddit261.png (657x539, 110K)

Good to know. The 92fs compact inox is a thing of beauty but I've been kinda afraid of the girth. Can't find one irl to hold

niiice.

Attached: just for burt.jpg (4608x3072, 2.74M)

>LEM
>upgrade
subjective
i don't know what m44s are worth but you probably did O.K.
personally I'd rather have a USP over any mosin that doesn't have historical provenance (like a famous sniper's gun)

19 year old riflefag here just read the entire guide and plan to build a glock 19 (polymer 80) and do a shit ton of dry fire drills and live fire practice over the next couple years before i can CC

is there any advice anons have that isn't in the guide?

Attached: Valentine .png (1600x1200, 283K)

buy nothing but meme guns and get them in all the limited edition colors
never ever shoot them

>shitty B6P
I heard the B6P was pretty great? It's a CZ clone from one of the better lesser-known manufacturers.

I nearly bought one for 240$, but settled for a Ruger because 'Murica.

i am going to do the exact opposite and get a glock 19 and no other handgun until i have at least 5000 rounds on it

Hey guys, I currently don't own a gun but am considering one. It will be for self defense, as I currently live in comfortable suburbs but may soon move to a place with a known street drug problem. Any recommendations for a noob friendly weapon? Hopefully not too much maintenance and easy to use. If I go through with this I will be applying for concealed carry permit. Price isn't really an issue, but I'm looking for functional, not fancy. Thanks.

G19, cz75, M&P shield, or 92fs. Now git and read the fuckin resources at the top.

You haven't really gotten any bad advice yet, I'd say you should look at the PX4 also. Rotating action adds something to the oddity, not sure how much it helps on recoil. Plus it's cheap.

Just bought a used glock 20 with an alpha wolf barrel and the factory barrel. When I have the alpha wolf in I can't charge the gun at all, i get a nose up failure to feed (this is with a full mag). If there's only oone bullet in the mag, it will feed however the full mag doesn't ftf with the factory barrel. What do Jow Forums?

No the triggers are crap and they've been replaced by the 509

I'm thinking about selling mine... Not seriously but I just want to buy other shit

Had a pretty good range day Saturday

Attached: 2462E9B4-B4D3-4D9A-9AF7-65671D617259.png (1334x750, 1.66M)

>it had about every jam imaginable FTF, failure to feed, failure to eject, stovepipes
I can't speak to the finish and sights popping off, that ain't right, but this part is almost certainly mag related and can happen (though usually doesn't) to any 1911 manufacturer. Remington 1911s are Para 1911 designs.

Then definitely don't buy one. Pay down a credit card, replace a broken appliance, make an extra car or home loan payment or just squirrel it away.

Ah, well those DoC S&W Model 10s are still floating around for nearly $300

You won't know till you hold one. I have medium-large hands and the 92 fits me really really well. P-01 feels better to me but it's not really any smaller.

No.

So what's that like $650? That's not bad.

They're rather glocklike in that they're perfectly fine but not exceptional at anything. If it feels good to you, the price is certainly right.

As a faggot and a weird gun fan I have to say that's a terrible idea.

JESUS FUCKING STOP DOING THIS YOU KNOW I SEE EVERY ONE AND IT HURTS ME user AND IT HURTS YOU STOP MAKING HURT

Attached: ozzy.jpg (737x500, 159K)

seriously read the whole guide, handguns and shotguns, read the links too

yes it's fucking long but you're making a major decision and at least a semi-substantial purchase so it is absolutely worth your time

also welcome to the community and vote with your 2A rights in mind
yut

Perfect

I did it lads

Attached: 1544727907417.jpg (800x600, 45K)

>dry fire practice with my 9mm
>go to the range
>first shot is bang-on
>second shot low and left
>low and left
>low and left

Is there a cure for being a little bitch, Jow Forums? I'm lining my sights up perfectly and can keep it steady under dry fire, and when I shoot my SP101 .22 I don't have to deal with this bullshit flinch.

You are subconsciously pulling low left to compensate for the guns recoil. It's usually either a sudden tensing of the wrist or squeezing of the grip as the shot breaks. Since it's usually subconscious the best thing you can do is take a breath, slow down, focus on the front sight, and sloooooow squeeze the trigger. Keep repeating very slow fire and gradually build up speed to break yourself of the habit.

Oh no don't get me wrong, it's a great handgun for the price but I absolutely hate how it looks with the silly messages written all over. There are a few other small problems with it like the fixed sights and how you kinda have to slap cz mags in, at least for the mec-gar ones I bought for it.
I'd definitely recommend it to people starting out that want a decently sized pistol for next to nothing but I'm just finding that the honeymoon period is ending.

Attached: IMG_1401.jpg (4032x3024, 2.71M)

No don't do this. Make yourself irreparably programmed to shoot DA/SA instead. CZ, Beretta or Sig (in No particular order) with 5,000 rounds before you buy anything else.

CZ P07, Beretta 92FS or if you're boring a glock 19. There, you have the options of polymer DA/SA, metal DA/SA or Tupperware. You know which one your heart wants, start there.

There's a Kahr K40 on sale for $460 dollars at my local gs, anybody have any experience with the K9/K40?

Attached: 21576040_2.jpg (1200x741, 48K)

I'm mega retarded and cant figure out safarilands numbering scheme. I want their best 1911 holster suited for wearing on my battle belt for prolonged periods of faggot pageantry.

1911s are to be mexican carried only

Attached: crime is a disease.jpg (361x554, 38K)

Kahr is great but I would pass it up if its in .40. Just my personal preference.

Don't discount the 1911 because "lel fudd meme." Every gun collector should have a 1911. It's probably the most important pistol ever made.

But if you're still not convinced, I say, when in doubt, USP45. It's built like a fucking tank, pretty good capacity, and it shoots pretty soft (check that guide rod senpai)

Looking for an all metal handgun that is pleasing to the senses. Mostly how it feels in the hand: positive controls, no slop, nice trigger, smooth slide and such. Leaning toward some type of 1911 hopefully for $1000 or less. Any ideas?

Sig p226 has all of those things.

Attached: S&W 5906.jpg (1350x900, 293K)

look at these dudes

Attached: IMG_20190324_151751040~01.jpg (800x450, 134K)

I hadn't thought of that, I'll try and finger fuck one at a lgs

Sorry to say I don't like how the smith autos look or feel, I know I'll be burned at the stake for that

They aren't everyone's cup of tea. You could also look at berettas.