Would I need a concealed carry permit to carry around a flare gun for self defence?

Would I need a concealed carry permit to carry around a flare gun for self defence?

Would I get in trouble if I was defending my life and shot the perpetrator in the chest with a flare?

Attached: 400px-Orion_Flare_gun.jpg (400x276, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gyej7q9E1rI
youtube.com/watch?v=yiDPUS36NnI
youtube.com/watch?v=Pw3Xo4kpi2Y
law.justia.com/cases/hawaii/supreme-court/1974/5501-2.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Where do you live.

Wisconsin, USA

I believe a fella would get his ass kicked for something like that.

It would be so fucked to get hit with a flare holy shit

Defense against what? Scarecrows?

If you're not made of kindling or soaked in flammable liquids it'd probably just bounce off of you with minimal effect.

It's actually not uncommon on boats when sailing internationally. Taking guns around the world is legally pretty much impossible, but flare guns are much less regulated because they're an important safety device. In a pinch, they can be used for self defense.
Many jurisdictions have a specific exemption for any flare gun that is kept permanently on a boat.

This. If you go down to the docs you can often buy fully automatic flaregun m4's. It's basically tracer bullets. Doesn't even require a background check, all you need is a boat.

First, carrying that for self defense is a really bad idea, simply because it's a horribly ineffective weapon.
Second, ATF's on record claiming that if you use a flare gun as a weapon, they consider it to become a DD. I don't believe that would hold up in court, but a defensive gun use already makes your life suddenly very complicated, that's one more complication you don't need.
Third, whether you'd be breaking any state laws by carrying it depends on your state laws, which you can look up your own gay self. (The fact that you're carrying it with intent to use it as a defensive weapon may or may not be relevant.)

I do often help retards look up their state's weapons laws when they have questions they could answer for themselves, but no spoonfeeding for you. This idea is so dumb you're better off not knowing whether or not it's legal; instead, why don't you use the time you'd spend reading my answer to think of some actually effective weapon?

>gaytf says some gay shit surprising no one
you are on point saying it's trash to use as a weapon though

it's a good gun for killing cultists

In a self defense situation.
Staring at you through your bedroom widow at 3:00 am...

It's currently exempt from DD laws simply because it's not a weapon.
Carrying it for defense counts as using it as a weapon so it would need to be DD registered. This is the same reasoning behind allowing flare launchers as long as you possess no anti personnel rounds.

You can buy a 12 gauge insert at Walmart.

Attached: flare-gun-insert-12ga.jpg (600x600, 38K)

you'd get hassled if you were caught with one on land, and sadly they are not very effective against people.

youtube.com/watch?v=gyej7q9E1rI
youtube.com/watch?v=yiDPUS36NnI
youtube.com/watch?v=Pw3Xo4kpi2Y

holy shit really?
based

It'll only be useful if you set them on fire first for those sick crits

Attached: 250px-RedFlaregun.png (250x163, 43K)

12 gauge flare. they will not accept (fullsize) 12 gauge shells. also if he's talking about those anodized blue orion adapters they are finicky and will only fit in orion 25mm flare guns

>I said.... hot shot

Attached: 56345.png (812x575, 496K)

If you cant/wont get a pistol then just get a taser ffs. Don't even need a CCW and will always be looked on more favorably by the courts. More importantly it's going to be more effective than trying to bean someone's face with something that wasnt meant to be a weapon.

fuck you that gun is an op sonofabitch and now everymoment of tf2 is jsut running around on fire with your health draining faster than sonic the hedgehog on crack

In all seriousness your best bet is to get a can of bear spray from your local sporting goods, fuck the weaksause self defense spray, get the shit for grizzlies.

Shoot them in the face and they are going to have a really bad day.

that sounds badass, where can I get one of those?

dont fire shotshells through plastic flare guns please

>Won’t do shit more than likely

This. The projectile is a soda can thin sheet of aluminum with a propellent packed into the base. The projectile weighs almost nothing and it is also very slow. I have a number of flare pistols and especially the 12 gauge ones are extremely anemic. They may have about a 100-150 yard range depending on wind but that’s when fired at a 45 degree angle. Your best case would be a face shot and/or it burning them somehow but this is extremely unlikely due to it’s inaccuracy, low weight, large diameter and slow speed.

The psychological effects are significant though. I would not be intimidated by a 12g consumer flare but a 26.5mm white phosphorus cartridge is much different. There have also been cases where people were convicted due to the fact that the flare COULD cause death under extreme circumstances albeit unlikely. If I were a felon, I would not carry it with that intent.

Overall, it is a retarded idea. Here is the case that involved the flare gun:

law.justia.com/cases/hawaii/supreme-court/1974/5501-2.html

Attached: D6305239-EF33-4518-8E34-BFED7EC69558.png (383x201, 124K)

Tracer rounds have a better track record for that

t. spy main

>humans float
>boats float
>humans are boats

Just buy an actual fucking gun and get CC, you rarted soïboi

>If you're not made of kindling or soaked in flammable liquids it'd probably just bounce off of you with minimal effect
that's why you should also carry around a squirt gun filled with gasoline