Black powder for EDC?

Black powder for EDC?

Attached: Capture+_2019-03-26-01-04-36.png (720x1196, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

northamericanarms.com/shop/firearms/naa-22lr-cb/
youtube.com/watch?v=YYyCtmZ2baA
youtube.com/watch?v=VpIVLUQ9rk8
youtube.com/watch?v=TCYaiRmcYVI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

northamericanarms.com/shop/firearms/naa-22lr-cb/

InB4 What is chain fire?

I did it and I almost shot one retard that was "begging" a bit too aggressively

Also had one chain fire ever on literally the third bullet I fired from that gun

Was the gun okay?

No

Perfect for convicted felons, people who can’t pass a NICS, etc. not much else

Can you get conversion cylindera for these guns to take real bullets?

Gregory Tambone?

Your bait thread is weak AF.

Dont make fun of me but who is that?

What the fuck are you talking about? It's me, dipshit.

Yes, but would then be illegal for the above stated classifications. Also definitely not made for modern ammo- so cowboy loads only.

very nice gun

just lube it up

Most likely undersized projectile. You basically want the edge to shave off when you press it into the cylinder. You can also use a soft wax lube to seal the chambers after loading.

I want there to be a truly 'modern antique' revolver.

Made for smokeless powder (no legal problem, plenty of examples of such rifles made and sold as 'antiques').

Electrical ignition (no legal problem, eg. CVA Electra, various homebrews).

Double action or even aemi-auto (no legal problem).

Gas-sealing (no legal problem that i can imagine).

Ideally designed to use pre-formed standardized charge pellets (presumably no legal problem, given both loose smokeless and BP 'substitute' pellets are totally fine).

Which would open the potential possibility of being self-loading, eg. from a set of tube magazines ahead of the barrel (one tube for charge pellets, another for bullets). This is the point that might be going too far, arguably breaking the definition of 'separately loaded'.

Pictured is a semi-automatic cap and ball revolver from 1863. Rather than recoil-operated it is driven by a pre-wound clockwork spring held in the big round part behind the cylinder.

Attached: the-mershon-and-hollingsworth-self-cocking-revolver-silvercore-firearms-training-bc-1.jpg (640x480, 17K)

heh fucking boomer, doesn't even know the calvary has switched over to top break revolvers. You think you know better than Major General Schofield? This is my duty pistol, I work on a wells fargo coach line as security, and I wouldn't trust my life to anything that you can't reload in 20 seconds or less.

Attached: 1875-schofield-2-mod-5_182552_1425031.jpg (1500x820, 199K)

those are sexy as are iver johnson top breaks

Maybe OP is a Europoor or a Canadian or a nigger

makes me want to tape one under the register at work for just in case.Felons are still good to use right?

Black powder guns aren’t regulated as firearms by the ATF, totally legal

no, 'antique firearms' are exempt from registration, which in practice means 'muzzleloading', which really means NON-FIXED AMMUNITION, firearms where the propellant is loaded separately from the projectile, NOT as part of a single self-contained unit (it explicitly calls out 'modern metallic cartridges' but they seem to have taken this as a non-limiting example, so polycase and conventional molded-block caseless also count)

actual individual antique firearms actually manufactured before 1898 are also included (even when using cartridges), explicitly except for any otherwise NFA items (machine guns, silencers, short-barreled rifles/shotguns), which still have to be registered. seems like they've given a pass to certain specific things which would otherwise be NFA eg. smoothbore pistols? but not machine guns (which there were a few of, pre-1898, but which still have to be registered). these are all genuine collectors items at this point, of course.

Something entirely preventable with a proper loading procedure.

>t. felon Tyrone

Underage or felon?

Yeah.

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=YYyCtmZ2baA

You better get a steel frame as well
Converting a firearm from antique to modern is not illegal (Federally) if you are legally permitted to do so (citizen, not a felon ect), because making one's own firearm is completely legal

>Canadian
I doubt it m8. Our laws don't actually prohibit carrying firearms specifically, as that would preclude things which fall under our own "curios and relics this totally isn't a firearm you guys" laws. The law states that it is illegal to "carry a weapon for purposes dangerous to the public peace." Any weapon. That obviously means things classified as firearms but also includes knives, batons, sprays, and various things that legally aren't firearms, like curio/relic guns, airguns, etc. You'll typically get away with small EDC knives because you can reasonably say you really only carry it as a tool for opening packages and nobody would really see it to begin with unless you were waving it about like a lunatic. Bigass hunting knife, machetes or whatever, you'd best be on your way into or out of the woods. Any kind of firearm, regardless of wether it's legally considered such? Good luck, buddy.

These are all steel framed, they are made by pieta, the one in the OPs pic has the 'thunderer' grip I have the one with the regular colt grips as I prefer them. They are all 44 ( that's a 450 diameter). Loaded with a heavy conical pure lead ( 200 Grain Round Nose Bullet with a deep X cut in it as opposed to ball to compensate for the short barrel) they are absolutely devastating within 15M an in close contact also deliver a flame of burning power into the face of the target. Correctly loaded they can be loaded and left and fired fine months later. I have fired mine three times at six month intervals and ever single chamber fired. I don't carry it but its an excellent weapon and did far more damage to a pork rib when I tested it than a 9mm from a 92, deforming and fragmenting massively blowing a golf ball size hole and fragments breaking neighbouring ribs. The 115 grain 9mm HP did far less damage. It points more easily than a semi with colt grips for close shots and is smaller than a full size 9mm semi while more devastating with a heavy conical with a cross hatched nose from pure lead.

Here is a ballistics gel comparison between a 44 army and a 9mm.

>Here is a ballistics gel comparison between a 44 army and a 9mm.

His test is weak as it is using a ball as opposed to a conical bullet but it is a full length barrel. But it gives you a comparison, I have a hunch his ball was cast from hard lead though as opposed to pure lead

youtube.com/watch?v=VpIVLUQ9rk8

In general handguns have not evolved much, there is only so much the human wrist can take and a handgun can deliver.

Paul Harrel

youtube.com/watch?v=TCYaiRmcYVI

Where do you find conicals in .44? Do you cast your own?

>Do you cast your own?
Yes, lee mould throws 200 grain that being said you can get fancy and find heavier conical moulds if you want. I prefer ball in 5 inch and up revolvers for plinking at range (.36 at 75 yards is hoot) but with the short barrels on these you need to step up the bollit weight an the conical is the way to go. I was personally very surprised at the effect o cutting a 16th inch deep ex in pure lead conical noses though. The cut nose flies apart leaving the following conical mass to deform. Absolutely fuck you up devastation dumping all the energy while still easily enough penetration to tear vitals apart or destroy a skull

That’s what the seals are for silly head :)

Well, you've sold me on this. Thanks for the ideas, looks like I'll be picking up a cap and ball soon.

>That’s what the seals are for silly head :)

I prefer using a stiff felt disk wad that has been soaked in a beeswax and tallow and a thin dry wad over the ball I don't want to smear messy shit around that is safe but beginner stuff. You can get harbour freight punches to cut the wads and Dura felt is stiff and good, I do dab beeswax around the bases of the percussion caps to seal them tho. You can also make paper cartridges that have been soaked in nitrate like some saltpetre in warm water and they will combust entirely. The pieta coms with a brass loading rod. Most people who talk shit about BP firearms have either never learned them or are nogunz morons, If you wanted to step it up a bit OP try a percussion howdah side by side, one barrel a .50 slug and the other buckshot,

That model is actually quite expensive. Get your self a cheap brass frame colt 36 and just wreck it playing before you invest in more expensive models like the belly gun. That way you can try it out for 100 bucks including gun, some powder and caps and grease and some balls if you shop around. Its cheaper to load and cast 80grain 36 ball if you are just starting out and use something like 1 12-16 grain load. So you lead and powder goes further than a 44 if you are experimenting.

LEE 90382 2-CAVITY CONICAL MOLD 450-200-1R .450 DIA.200 GR

Carrying loaded black powder firearm is no different under the law is no different than any other firearm, if you are prohibited or can't carry, the type of powder used is irrelevant.

>450-200-1R

Attached: conical-600x600.jpg (600x600, 50K)

That's fair in a way as there is not much difference it getting shot by a 44 cap and ball and a 9mm

BTW the 200 grain conical will load into the bellygun because its loaded off the gun. Depending o the model of 44 you my have to take the cylinder off to load them if its a regular cap an ball with a loading lever as they made not clear the lever gate if you are using heavy loads in the 30s and wads. The idea that these can't be used to kill readily in concealed or open carry is stupid, that's exactly what they did through a very violent period of decades in US history. Of course if you have a modern 44 mag revolver or 357 instead like a colt python then sure use that instead. Yes I am a revolver fag. Then again unlike many on here I have actually shot someone.

Either noguz larp or retarded.

No gunz viday faggot on Ritalin that just had to chime in
Some spastic irrelevance chiming in. Probably an aspiring police officer who likes the sound of his own voice and carries a glock and nine spare mags,

no

>is no different under the law is no different
Under which law? In some states it is different, in some it isn't.
Making statements like yours without specifying which state you're talking about is worse than useless.

Oh, and I forgot, of course the point of having a gas-seal is that it would also have a built-in 'moderator' (no legal problem, eg. Maxim 50).

I said before that machine gun 'antiques' are impossible but it's actually arguable. AFAIK it's not been tested with non-fixed ammunition, only cartridge machine guns which were 'antique' by date of manufacture. So select-fire may be on the table, well.

Attached: maxim50.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

a non-issue if you aren't retarded.

Is this legal to do in bongistan?

depends on the state, almost surely not. states all have their own definitions for their state laws which almost surely make no explicit exception for 'antiques', as with the federal government.