What will naval warfare look like in 2050?

What will naval warfare look like in 2050?

Attached: 1552901291657.jpg (1280x801, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

globaltimes.cn/content/1142562.shtml#.XJijeEsM2JQ.twitter
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Depends on which technologies advance how much. In any case, probably a lot of guided projectile spam.

Roving pirate brigades pillaging coastal camps and the yacht fortresses the rich moved onto after the collapse of civilization.

There will be no naval warfare in 2050, because China will be the rightful sole master of the seas.

Attached: size_800.jpg (800x800, 121K)

>By 2050 X Navy will surpass US Navy
LMFAO

Why did you post a picture of the ocean?

Attached: HELIOS_For-Release.jpg (1520x1013, 150K)

>By 2050
China bluewater navy is predicted to surpass the US in size in the 2030s. By the 2050s the republic
will be at death's door.

kek

Even more boring than it is already

>Why did you post a picture of the ocean?
You mean a floating turd with no engine power?

Attached: 1522501481369.png (802x641, 459K)

remote controlled torpedo drones. air superiority > naval power

Lasers shut down airpower hard

what lasers? this isnt star wars

Supercavitation drones.

Attached: supercav torpedo 19 June 2018.jpg.scale.MEDIUM.jpg (570x355, 21K)

I still just see the ocean , where is the turd with no engine? Should I zoom in?

What are you talking about OP

globaltimes.cn/content/1142562.shtml#.XJijeEsM2JQ.twitter
Stealth is a meme now

Submarines.

Like nothing, since nukes will probably still exist

Impressive.

1. Proliferation of defensive laser weapons leading to a sharp falloff in effectiveness for all explosive missile weapons.
2. Due to #1, a resurgence in cannon-based ships as they can deliver a sufficient volume of fire within a reasonable budget to overwhelm laser defenses. No point worrying about the shorter range of cannons if the ASMs aren't going to hit at all.
3. Richer nations that can afford more advanced cannons such as light gas guns and railguns will make heavy use of them.
4. Hypersonic missiles will be pushed to some degree, but those things aren't cheap, don't carry a lot of payload for their weight, and going that fast means they start out already hot and so are more easily taken past the breaking point by lasers.
5. Because cannon fire is now once again a threat and small-but-fast missiles abound, sometimes at ranges where they have lost a lot of energy, naval designers will have more of an interest in armor again. Battleships return in some capacity.
6. A reduction in the effectiveness of relatively-slow-moving guided missiles and dropped bombs means aircraft become less useful, so carriers are more relegated to support duties in fleets.
7. Anti-sub warfare techniques will ramp up to secure the new surface assets. I remember there was a new cannon projectile developed recently that can survive going from air to water; those would be mighty useful for anti-torpedo work.

Nah, civilization isn't going to collapse. The neo-earth-good-government-league is going to protect the excelceites from the hoards of lower-class depth-grobblers.

>broken turbine blades
>needs entire new engine
>doesnt just need new turbine blades
Wew lad, sensationalists need to be put up against the wall.

Attached: paper-boat_D.jpg (1422x800, 82K)

>microprose
>terror of the deep flashbacks intensify
WHY DID YOU MAKE ME REMEMBER!?!

>laser weapons
Nope. A ceramic armored missile would render any laser virtually useless.

terror from the deep
good game
lots of fun
played alot
I intensely regret getting it.

>scout enemy position
>press button
>explodes
>mission accomplished

the blade was fine it was the engine that fucked the blade up.

With more and more women enlisting, the rates of blood mushrooms forming will be at an all time high. Many HT’s will kill themselves on deployment.

idk but absolutely not that lmao

>what is India

waterworld is probably the closest

>Mel Gibson will be admiral

We're fucked I believe

AT THEIR CURRENT RATE OF GROWTH VS DEPLOYMENT - THEY AREN'T SET TO OVER TAKE THE US NAVY IN SIZE IN ABOUT THE NEXT 409 YEARS.

AS FOR BATTLES.

THEY CAN'T OVER TAKE THE US NAVY

THE CHINESE NAVY IS AND FOREVER WILL BE A JOKE ON RICE PAPER.

fake

What Navy?

Attached: advanced stealth.jpg (1200x751, 217K)

EMP, hypersonic missiles

I wonder if Arsenal ships will gain any popularity.
The USA is quickly becoming less and less white, ie more low iq and more divided because all shitskins want is gibzmedats and to blame whitey. China doesn’t have this issue and is working on even improving the genetic stock of their country, opposite of the USA. Their economy is has a much higher growth rate and will continue to grow, as the USA declines China will be taking over. 30 years is a long time. The population is also much larger and China is the source of the worlds rare earth metals and the worlds factory.
China will take over the us, it’s inevitable unless white people decide to kick out the non whites and kill all the leftists and change our society but that probably won’t happen.

Attached: Chronosphere_1950.jpg (640x434, 50K)

this is for

global warming will kill us

Attached: 1512cca8-807e-45ad-800c-343d914dea00.png (970x546, 883K)

Attached: PicsArt_03-26-06.01.43.png (2048x2048, 1.89M)

post your guns