/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

*KNIFE HANDS INTERNALLY* Edition

old: >>LYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = BIG YES
>>LEEING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

>discord.gg/hmnCCTb
>/meg/ official discord

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ (embed) (embed)
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga (embed) (embed)

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
Maybe.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png (embed) (embed)
tl;dr: Long hard school, long work hours, with good job prospects. It's definitely not for everyone or even most people in general.

CG info
>gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: FKzdfK2.jpg (2304x1720, 844K)

Other urls found in this thread:

goarmyed.com/public/public_goarmyed-education_centers.aspx
goarmyed.com/public/facility_pages/Fort_Bliss_Education_Center/files/4187AAFCT.pdf
armypubs.army.mil/pub/eforms/DR_a/pdf/A4187.pdf
home.army.mil/drum/application/files/7215/4099/7236/ACES_BSEP_Enrollment_Guide_-_Nov_2018.pdf
goarmyed.com/public/facility_pages/Fort_Carson_Education_Center/files/BSEP and GT Prep Explained.pdf
goarmy.com/pays
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for best branch

Attached: Merchant-Marine-Flags-2.png (324x216, 14K)

How to go about getting into RASP with low gt score?
Should I wait to retake the test (assuming i get a high GT) and then ask for slot?
Need help
I welcome any questions you have

Attached: 1553024661642.jpg (2830x1880, 1.73M)

Anyone wanna tell me from least boring to most boring the branches and jobs of the military are? I'm thinking infantry but seeing how it's peacetime I don't want to sit in barracks all day and just do boring ass PT.

Attached: myfavoritegun.jpg (1280x720, 175K)

Does a recruiter need your permission to view medical records or can you simply say no or you don't have them?

The gear they get for these ads and shit is always 100x sexier than what ends up getting issued. Like the picture for 11B on GoArmy.com is a bunch of SF looking dudes with Suppressed Rifles, then you get and you get handy me down equipment from 2 Gulf Wars ago.

No, they can't look at your medical records and there is no central database of medical records where someone can just type in your name and find everything about you

Yes, the recruiter needs your permission.
Yes, they'll make you sign a form giving the military that permission.
No, the military doesn't care enough to hunt them down.

Alright, I did some extra research and it appears you can indeed improve your scores while enlisted. You cannot retake the ASVAB by itself. That's where the MEPSCOM 611-1 states that once enlisted, retesting is not permitted under MEPS guidelines. You are no longer under 611-1 guidelines (which covers testing policy until the day you ship) and can retest under the below conditions.

The Army is aware that soldiers do not always score high enough for what they want, so they have FAST/BSEP classes to help those who want to improve their scores. You must take this class before retaking the ASVAB.

Go to your duty station's education center, they'll issue you a TABE test (Test for Adult Basic Eductation). Find out if class slots are available and get the blessing of your chain of command. They will fill out a DA-4187 (Personnel Action) where it allows you to retest the ASVAB after taking a the BSEP continuing education course.

You'll probably see the DA-4187 again if a Ranger packet is approved.

I apologize for any misunderstandings in the threads prior. Military bureaucracy is stupid confusing.

>Education Centers
goarmyed.com/public/public_goarmyed-education_centers.aspx
>DA-4187 (Prefilled - Specific towards reeducation)
goarmyed.com/public/facility_pages/Fort_Bliss_Education_Center/files/4187AAFCT.pdf
>DA-4187 (Blank)
armypubs.army.mil/pub/eforms/DR_a/pdf/A4187.pdf

>Eductation
*Education

>Sample Instructions for Retest
home.army.mil/drum/application/files/7215/4099/7236/ACES_BSEP_Enrollment_Guide_-_Nov_2018.pdf

>Additional Documentation - BSEP/GT Prep Selection Based on TABE Score
goarmyed.com/public/facility_pages/Fort_Carson_Education_Center/files/BSEP and GT Prep Explained.pdf

How often do DA 4187 pop up? Weekly?monthly?yearly?
I am trying to be a ranger within my first enlistment,as I have a 4 year contract under 25U but NO airborne :(
I still want to make this right

Imagine wanting to serve the zog instead of defeating it, kys amerisharts

>How often do DA 4187 pop up?
On an as needed basis. It's just a request and approval form.
>I still want to make this right
I understand you do. Everyone who wants to do well for themselves wants to get it right the first time. Just be prepared and be vigilant.

When you first get to basic, how bad are the smokings in red phase?

Its really easy, smoke sessions arent bad at all, they let you take water breaks or go use the bathroom too, sometimes they give you candy for making it all the way though one

Are you fucking with me? That sounds like bullshit but I almost believe it

How hard is it to get into WOFT.

Does a high ASVAB and a college degree help.
Can I fly if I have bad but correctable vision

He’s fucking with you. Red phase sucks but once you hit white phase they let off a bit, blue phase even more, unless someone fucks up hard.

College student here. I'm half way through my four year bachelor's program. I wanna apply to OCS after graduating. Is there anything I should do to prepare while I have time? (we don't have ROTC, sadly) Preemptive thanks for any helpful replies.

dude trust me

>How often do DA 4187 pop up? Weekly?
At the company level weekly but usually for routine shit like the E-5 course.

>I am trying to be a ranger within my first enlistment,as I have a 4 year contract under 25U but NO airborne

It's not going to happen.

Find and talk to an officer recruiter.

Short answer maintain a >3.0 GPA, and look up the branch's PT standards and try to max them.

How do I get a wife guys?
>Bonus points if she doesn't leave me

Anyone with experience as as Navy Hospital Corpsman “green side” out with the marines? Also anyone with CTI experience? These are two options I’m currently considering.

For the future, what would it take to go from enlisted to officer?

wats the discord? op's link doesnt work

Just marry a stripper bro

SOF&pilot>Airborne infantry>Marine corps infantry>leg Army>any air force>Army POG>Navy POG>Marine POG

How much contact do you have with the outside world in Marine basic training? Do you get to use a phone at any point besides the first phone call, or use a computer at any point? Or is it strictly letters?

Attached: 1546375769392.jpg (2400x1800, 1.13M)

Get away from mechanized units.
Light infantry gets all the Gucci shit.

>actually caring about this

I've heard option 40 contracts are available for prior service is this true now?

Attached: 1509006363302.png (640x480, 148K)

>retard hurts himself
>everyone has to wear achs eyepro and full iotvs with side plates and nut flaps in the motor pool no exceptions
>even when sweeping inside or doing police calls

Attached: 1553385731373.gif (500x370, 1.88M)

Can anyone give any information on joining the Russian army as a foreigner? My Russian is okay but needs a lot of improving. Say my Russian became sufficient enough for enlistment, what other requirements would I need to meet and how hard would it be to join?

Attached: 1543610508017.jpg (1280x853, 162K)

why would you do this

>lol imagine actually caring about having a job you're passionate about

I think option 40 is a reenlistment incentive, not sure though

My life is meaningless and I want to fight in a war to save my soul.

Somewhat related
When is a good time to talk to O recruiter about my possible avenues? I'm going into an accelerated 15 mo. program for my BS this fall and want to get info.

Can I order my underlings to watch my dog and take him to the park?

Yikes dude. You aren't a viking, you're a cringe retard. Not even Russians want to join their shitter military hence why they have conscription.

thats really cringy man. try going to the gym, getting a 9-5 and talk to a woman. everything will be alright user

Their soldiers who fight in battles are all voluntary enlisters. They accept foreigners on some conditions as well, but I just wanted a better idea of what the necessary requirements were and how hard it was to join.

Probably not much. They want to remold you. I don't have any experience so don't take my words for facts.

I have a 9-5, gym is for vain faggots, and I have a girlfriend who will not be my wife, and their is no point looking for a wife when you haven't tested your spirit in any consequential way.

>I have a girlfriend who will not be my wife
Stop wasting your time with her
>and their is no point looking for a wife when you haven't tested your spirit in any consequential way.
You need to drop this melodramatic bullshit. Real life isn't anime. Everyone on this site (most of them anyway) have or had parents that are or were married. Not to mention most of the relatives that came before them for hundreds of years. It's not an impossible task. Do you want to keep talking like a highschooler and wasting breath thinking you're going to join the Russian military?

Lmao stop trolling faggot nigga

if your trying to sound like a tough guy you are doing a really shitty job. that entire post was incoherent. please off yourself neverserved

More like imagine getting into dumb junior enlisted drama over which mos/branch is the best when there's productive stuff to do.

Russia isn't like America. You will be tormented by them, assuming it's even possible

I want to be an a paratrooper in the US Army, but I have Tourette syndrome (TS) . Is there any hope for me? Am I setting the bar too high?

Okay guys I got MEPS coming up in a lot less time than I had anticipated, what should I do to "prepare" for it? I know someone told me elsewhere to avoid using headphones two days leading up to it for the hearing test. Are there any others?

These threads are dead stop spamming them in the catalog. No one even answers people's questions here its just a circle jerk fest of "Oh I'm so cool because I was a glorified janitor for 3 years"

yeah like youve contributed to the thread in anyway. fuck off faggot

There is no possibility of serving with any kind of “syndrome”, especially if you have to take medication or be in a structured environment.

Just turned 25 & I'm hoping to join either the Navy or Air Force. I have an associates in the meme degree of journalism and graduated with a measly 2.6 gpa. I'm looking for a job where I can learn valuable skills that will be transferable when getting a job in the civilian world after I am done. Also hope to find a civilian job that will have high job security. I have narrowed my list to: Navy/ Air Force Logistics, Air Force Operations Intelligence, Air Force Load Master, Navy IT, Navy CTR, Navy CTT, or Navy CTM. My criminal record is totally clean, never been arrested or charged with anything. I can see just fine and am not colorblind, and have always been in good shape. Also open to new ideas to research. Thanks!

>>everyone has to wear achs eyepro and full iotvs with side plates

well if the threat environment dictates it..

>and nut flaps in the motor pool no exceptions

pic related

Attached: rylfxiD[1].png (446x367, 43K)

I forget the name of the contract option because I’ve been out of recruiting for a while but the Army had partnerships with civilian companies that are willing to transfer you military job skills. Law enforcement for combat arms, Raytheon for tech, even jobs like plumbing and transportation. Ask your recruiter for that type of guarantee on your enlistment contract.

immediately

if you want to be a retard about shit like this, join the FFL (it's a bad idea, you will regret it, and you will desert even if they take you which isn't likely)

imagine thinking that you need to "test your spirit in a consequential way" and concluding that the only way to go about this is by being a private in the Russian army.

You sound like you're on the right track.

It's never too early.

Found it. Don’t know if other branches have something similar.

goarmy.com/pays

fuck you im doing it anyway. eat shit and die mother fucker i bet your mom fucks niggers im done with people telling me what to do

Then why'd you ask numbskull?

Awesome thanks man! I have also spoken with someone who was an Air Force officer and he was telling me that Delta Airlines has a plurality of workers who are ex-military. I would think that would help secure a job coming from load master, but I'm not sure if I would be making good $ loading and unloading planes for the rest of my life.

Isn’t lying about your medical history inherently dishonest and destructive to military fighting capacity?

The naivete of these posts. Standards and harshness rises and falls with the needs of the services, right now we're downsizing so they are going to be really anal about little things. If we got into a conflict that had some disastrous amounts of casualties you better believe standards would drop like a hammer. The government just doesn't want to shell out money for glorified welfare niggers.

Wait until the Moment of Truth, so go ahead if you’re that retarded

Another thing for the army they do is called ACAP. Basically the last year or so of your contract you can go to trade school, so that's your place of duty. Doesn't matter what your MOS is, you can do things like welding, electrician etc. I know Boeing and Microsoft have programs in the JBLM area. It depends on where you see stationed what opportunities they have.

Unless your hearing sucks, you're overthinking it.
There's a light psych eval but it's mostly gonna be a full-spectrum physical.
If you don't plan on lying about a condition just go in and get it done.
The worst part honestly is that it can be an all day thing. 10+ hours.

Can I remain a virgin throughout my enlistment? They aren't going to take my virginity or anything right? I have to save myself for marriage

What do you actually want to do though?

Go military intelligence. Your virginity will be safe & sound.

Depends on the mos/company/platoon/ DS
I was 1st platoon we had it nice where after red phase they let off a lot let us learn
3pltn on the other hand got smoked every day, even woke them up in the middle of the night for any reason whatsoever ever to smoke the dog shit out of them.
Then there was 2nd platoon.. Idk Wtf the ds did but they were the most behaved and well mannered of the company without ever getting smoked.

>Be user
>Call black CO a nigger

Why do you think it wont happen?

How do I quickscope

Nah guy, if u go army, the green weenie will get you, and Fuck u hard

What does a "0" mean on your PUHLES? Is it better than 1? The people down at MEPs said I had fantastic hearing and I have a 0 on it.

It's about quality of life dipshit

Load master is my top choice but like I said I'm worried about making good money in civilian life. After that CTR or Logistics.

should i trim my pubes before basic training

Don't worry I'm sure you'll have no problem not getting laid.

Also from what I understand it is more difficult to get the job you prefer in the Air Force as apposed to Navy. I want to have my contact say my job title or MOS # when I sign it.

I grew a massive bush thinking that everyone else would do the same but like 80% of the dudes i went with were rolling bald

Why are warrant officers always so alpha?

Why CTR over CTN, CTR is still good CTN is top tier.

I'm interested in branching intel but I am considering teaching English in Korea for about a year beforehand. Will this impact my TS clearance?

Attached: 1547424359668.gif (600x400, 892K)

I am about to start college this September for AeroEng with the plan of doing AFROTC. I would like to go pilot but I am down for any aircrew job.

Actually, Loadmaster appeals to me quite a lot but I feel like I will be selling myself short? Like I have spent 4 years getting a difficult engineering degree to do a job that requires middle school math. But from the looks of it, all Engineering jobs look long and stressful whereas, Loadmaster looks cool and comfy as fuck. Considering they get paid the same, why choose the more stressful job? While staying for 20-30 years and retiring sounds awesome, I really do not know how long I will actually spend in USAF without working there first, and I am pretty sure Loadmasters do not have the best time switching to a civilian role compared to an Engineer Officer (In terms of pay).

Anyone else in a similar situation?

Attached: 300px-Cia.png (300x344, 157K)

I have not taken the ASVAB yet so I'm not sure if I will qualify, (have been studying for a month though) and I was never too good in school. Not that i'm a retard, I just have read that CTN school has a high drop rate and I don't want to put myself in that position.

No grow it out to assert dominance

It does, CTR is still great too.

Doctor patient confidentiality bitch

>Doctor patient confidentiality bitch
So what do I say to my recruiter or on the forms or whoever asks me? Do I say "Doctor patient confidentiality bitch!"? Or do I just answer no?

>unit is making everyone wear eyepro everywhere again

Attached: 1553629968488.png (814x461, 349K)

Don't listen to there are plenty of people in the military with syndromes and disorders. Just don't tell anyone and don't do anything to get caught. In fact, I'm pretty sure there are a few guys in these threads with TS and are in the military or have been. That other guy works for MEPS and is a faggot

Why do so many people want to be Military Police?

Attached: 1543185830855.png (128x128, 14K)

Because being the guard guy that stands in cool shades with a rifle sounds cool. Maybe it would be for 15 minutes, but now 4 years

Doesn’t apply to this process.

They probably want to be cops afterwards and think being an MP will help their career. It won't. It'll just turn them into power tripping douchebags who use force and authority too much and that shit won't fly with civilians.

I was a recruiter and got plenty of people through meps. Tourette’s ain’t gonna fly.

Yeah it does dipshit. They won't know what hospitals you went to and when. Do you think they'll just start asking around random hospitals to try to get medical files? Even if they did HIPAA says they can't get them without your consent.