9mm bounces off windshields

>9mm bounces off windshields
Is this true? Sounds like fuddlore to me

Attached: 400px-Breaking_Bad_S02E02_13.jpg (400x225, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M_bF7i2_ok4
youtube.com/watch?v=eejjYwGFB84
thetravelinsider.info/defense/historyofbodyarmor.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Depends on the angle or travelspeed of the bullet (if shot miles away)
But mostly they will go through the windshield.
Dont believe gun stuff from movies

>Dont believe gun stuff from movies
I took a CC class this weekend and the boomer instructor (who said he only uses 9mm for EDC) said the "bouncing off windshields" was the reason LEOs switched to .40 S&W in the 90's. Of course, now they're going back to 9's for whatever reason.

you have the entire internet at your disposal stupid piece of shit go watch a video of shooting 9mm through glass on youtube.
youre as stupid as the boomers who get all their information from TV and other boomers

>9mm

they don't bounce off but lighter rounds are deflected more than heavier rounds when going through light cover.
shouldn't matter much if your target is directly behind the glass, but if you are directly behind glass and the target is a distance away it'll make hitting them a crap shoot

>Depends on the angle
/thread.

This. At 70+ degrees off perpendicular almost anything will bounce.

he is wrong and not wrong. 40sw only advantage compared to other projectiles is slightly better auto glass penetration.

It's because of the flat point

My dad saw a lady shoot at her boyfriend through a car door and the slugs just stuck on the door panel on the inside.

Bullets do weird things. i imagine 90s cops wanted something that had better stopping power and relatively high capacity: thus 40SW.

>don't be like all of the old guys who get their info from the television, get your shit from the internet.

>watching someone demonstrate something on youtube is as valid a source as retarded fuddlore

>not knowing how to distinguish between someone conducting an experiment and a hollywood film

>Having an argument in greentext
Congratulations, you're both retarded.

Attached: Fight+me_ef8919_3783950.jpg (720x479, 106K)

Thats a fucking staple of Jow Forums, go back

Attached: 6vScT.jpg (717x880, 141K)

The irony of this post sends my sides to orbit.

It can, if it hits at the right angle. Side windows will also sometimes stop .22's if they're rolled up tightly. Not something to rely upon mind you, but it's happened.

Windshields are both durable and brittle
Easy to crack or chip but hard to blow a hole through. A 9mm should do the trick, though, it’s very Likely the bullet will pretty much bounce out the exit into any direction rather then hitting what your shooting at. Not reliable for assasination by any means.

Disclaimer: I don't know if this is 9mm or .40 S&W

youtube.com/watch?v=M_bF7i2_ok4

What the fuck kind of car was that? I'm afraid I'm going to shatter my door hitting the latch then kicking the thing into the person. Either kicking the door and hitting them with it or opening it and bracing it with my foot while I speed off was the only thing going through my mind besides 'fuck i didn't bring my gun' when someone tried to car jack me right out in the broad open well lit area.

An older car. Like 70s. This happened in the early 90s. 9mm is much better ballistically now, but back in the day penetration was a factor.

Dirty harry carried a .44 mag because he had seen 38s bounce off windshields. THe detective he was based on, dave toschi said the same thing and that was where the meme started. Alot of cops used to carry 357 magnums because its penetrate steel body armor from ww1 that mafia guys were wearing in the 30s.

I always wanted an excuse to get a land yacht.

Attached: 1544923324259.jpg (680x834, 93K)

TLDR from this video is that windshields will reliably stop 25 ACP out of a pistol (which is to say 22LR out of a pistol as well) and might turn an effective hit from .38 special or 9mm into a marginal one. A windshield won't do anything for you against either .357 Magnum or .44 Magnum.

That is fuddlore brother. A quick google search will tell you that a 22lr will go through a standard automobile windshield.
Personally I see nothing wrong with 9mm. It is my preferred carry round. good power, great speed, not much recoil, affordable, available.
Also I guess this. If you are lobbing a 9mm projectile at a target it has the potential to go astray.

Attached: 1438889922801.jpg (500x373, 45K)

You mean their vehicles? I've never heard of them wearing actual body armor it was more about chasing down vehicles. Police had 38 revolvers against guys with BAR rifles with hacked down barrels. I don't think a modern car is going to fair well at all against a .38 but it's probably even worse compared to older models since they're more designed for surviving a crash rather than a gun fight. The majority of them anyway.

I mean really a bar rifle, like it's insanity for even one or two guys with maybe a 5 or 6 shot 38 spcl and if they're lucky a shotgun or something trying to chase down a heavy car with a driver and a crew with a crew served weapon that can disable and kill modern armored vehicles and it's occupants. Even if there were no casualties if they're weighed down trying to drag liquid around I'd be pretty god damn pissed off the things lack penetration to even cause a spill after that kind of crazy shit. I'd honestly consider walking up and putting a .22 behind someones ear after that.

No body armor. The same surplus they were getting BARs and Thompsons had trench armor as well. At least that's what I remember from a history channel documentary about magnums

thetravelinsider.info/defense/historyofbodyarmor.htm

>During the late 1920s and early 1930s, gangsters in the US started wearing vests made from multiple layers of cotton padding and cloth. These worked quite well against the not very powerful handgun rounds commonly used at the time, and resulted in the FBI changing to more powerful pistol rounds, first the .38 Special and subsequently the .357 Magnum.

Not too far off.

iirc they were wearing the early layered silk bulletproof vests

Police don't use wadcutters.

Paul Harrell tried this and a slanted windshield against a .22 round bounces, anything else penetrates but a lower caliber's effect will be lessened.

Dem bonded-core bullets.

Video in question.

.380 and below bounces off compact sedans at short range, paul harrell has a good video on it
supercar windshields actually will bounce 9mm, or just stop it

Sex gifs

Imagine the lack of self awareness

Or you dumb reddit nigger

YEP THEY DON'T MAKE EM LIKE THEY USED TO HEHEH

yes but if they have the window cracked open, shoot through the crack and the 9mm will bounce around like .22 in a skull, when life gives you lemons

sometimes, depends on angle of glass, ammo used, and distanced fired from. Even if a round goes through the glass will affect point of aim/round hit.

>How dare you come on Jow Forums with gun questions

any projectile can bounce off any surface if it hits slow enough and at a shallow enough angle

This, angle and distance.
At the right angle, and after enough airtime to lose speed, even a .50BMG could bounce on a windshield.

I hope your mom fucking dies.

They do one or twice till they have something to dig into. Same thing can happen with rifle rounds too, just depends on the angle. Or they do penetrate and deflect down and shit.

Jesus. Any bullet traveling at any speed will richoshet off of a windshield given that the angle is right.