Need Recommendations

Hi, wanting to buy a handgun for my fiance. She has absolutely no experience with firearms and is a pretty small chick. I'm looking for suggestions for a first handgun for her. She'll take the LTC class so ideally this should be concealed carry size. Also because she has no prior experience I was thinking a hefty magazine capacity would be a bonus? Any thing additions for consideration you guys can offer me is appreciated. Pic related is what she was considered (based on style/safety features).

Attached: springfield-xd-defenders-series-2.jpg (370x370, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_ZfcjRsxKxY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

thanks for the help Jow Forums

5 or 6 shot .38 special revolver

All other answers are false

Attached: 7yJ50mI.jpg (1781x976, 110K)

I have that Springfield: its not concealed carry size. Not attractive either. The safety features are nice and non intrusive.

OP. First and foremost, grip size and reach of controls should and sight picture should be comfortable for her.

If she is going to depend her life on it it should be something she can easily control aside from capacity so I would recommend taking her to a gun store and have her try ones that FIT HER and not ones that the shop helpers try to recommend.

Aside from all of that if she is going to conceal carry she should have basic fundamentals down first such as trigger discipline.

If she is serious about it then I would recommend something like beretta m9/92fs series. If she has smaller hands something like a canik tp9sfx. not for concealed carry but to learn basic fundamentals to build confidence and experience. What good is a high capacity magazine if she does not have basic fundamentals down.

Other ones I would recommend because of aftermarket support and available customization to fit her hands or comfort would be -

s&w M&P
sig p320
sig sp2022
caniks

All of these come with interchangeable grip sizes and handle recoil decently.

While they might not be a good choice for concealed carry, these will be accurate enough to get down the basics so if she is doing something wrong it will most likely be her and not the gun. Also get good quality ammo for her.

GLOCK42
L
O
C
K

Take her to the store and let her shoot different guns until she finds something she likes.

Also just because she is a small girl doesn't mean she can't handle guns with more recoil.

My waifu is a tiny korean girl but she can shoot the shit out of a 44 magnum and shotguns. She knows how to adjust her grip if guns do not fit her size.

Also 9mm 1911 or 45 1911s.
Don't get her a cheap one get the mid 500-800 tier 1911 if you do get her one of those.

Another thing, basics should be laid down first even before considering concealed carry. Not saying that this is necessary but it is a good thing to consider. Don't wanna jump the gun on anything especially when it comes to firearms.

Just my opinion.

Glad to hear that they are non-intrusive. the last thing we want is to be playing some kind of thumb exercises in an emergency situation so ease of operation is a definite plus.
I really appreciate the post, so she should start out with a full sized weapon to learn the basics? I'm not a weapons expert either but it's my understanding that cc sized guns have much more recoil, affecting shot placement but it'd be really nice for this to fit in a discreet holster on her pants, but if not, at least fit comfortably in her purse. i know some people put a lot of emphasis on calibre, but i'm curious if it is really all that important. will a 9mm round protect her just as well as a .40?

Yeah I understand concealed carry is priority but It would be best to learn basics first. Can't have best of both worlds and if you start her off on a concealed carry size it might not all be fun for her due to recoil.

Generally CC sized guns do have more recoil however that is not always the case. There are compensators and muzzle brakes and ported barrels to help with those things but honestly its not bad at all.

If recoil is of concern I recommend something of a full steel frame. Like a walther PPK/S. Or a makarov.

The whole shot placement/caliber debate is entirely up to you and her to decide. 9MM or 40 is your choice. Statistics and data can be considered biased as there is not enough proper sample sizes to gather the data from.

There are self defense rounds for 9mm and 40 so just get those for her if that is a concern for you.

Also. 40 might can turn off some newer shooters. For my wife she can handle it but she does not prefer it so she goes for 9mm.

Here are some concealed carry sizes that I recommend also beginner CCW ones to START on.

PK380
walther PPK/S
SIG P238
Kimber Ultra carry

caliber is up to you but most untrained criminals won't be able to hear the difference between a 9mm/40.

sure, i probably can't hear the difference either, but if the shot placement is typical does a .40 really have considerably more stopping power is what i was wondering.
the self defense rounds were a good recommendation, thanks for mentioning it.

How about a Taurus TCP
738 for CC? Looks slick and they're pretty cheap

I have not done ballistics with 40 or 9mm so I can't say I actually know what I am talking about.

What I meant to say was 9mm or 40 if somebody gets shot the average criminal will most likely flee or panic

Take her shooting. Rent a bunch of different guns in different calibers and sizes. Let her pick. It's going to be her carry gun, not yours.

Don't start on a PPK/S. Too heavy and snappy for what it is. There are smaller, lighter, and more forgiving guns available. I say this owning three different guns in the PP family, and having carried one for a year and a half.

Don't. Get an LCP or LCP II. They're basically the same price.

What ever feels good, anything 9mm or stronger should be a bit heavier with a all steel frame,comfortable ergonomics, and a slight light enough to rack with ease. Smaller and lighter guns kick more which make shooting a chore rather then joy. My Ex preferred shooting my CZ75b > my gp100 in .38 > berreta 92fs. But for ease she preferred my gp100 and found racking the slide on my CZp10c to be easier then the 2 above. But hated shooting it for its lightweight kicked her and the grips didn’t make it any better as she described it as holding a “cheese grader”
Taker her out, show her some funs and let her shoot it if she can or at least let her pick something out to hold

you guys have all given some good suggestions. she'll definitely be the one to choose but i appreciate you guys listing off some of your picks so we can weed out a bunch of poor choices off the top.

my tiny korean female in-laws have never shot a gun before and said that the PPK is weak :) It was the first gun they ever shot.

.32 or .380?

380. However everyone handles recoil differently. My wife can shoot shotguns and 44 magnums without problems.

agreed, my wife shot for the first time at the range with my sons glock 42, she did great and she is only 4'11" and about 110lbs (also a grandmother:)

My GF carrys a larger gun than me (in fact a pair of them :) ) Humor aside if she is going to carry on her body she probably gonna go pretty small pistol. If she is gonna carry in her purse she has a lot more liberties. Purse carry probably needs a manual safety. GF carries a Nano as a body carry and a M&P 9L as a purse gun. She is thinking about a smaller SIG right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=_ZfcjRsxKxY
Boobs can conceal pistols pretty good with the right clothing.

AKIMBO DEAGLE BRAND DEAGLE WITH EXTENDO KLIPS