I was raised by anti-gun parents, and I've just moved away from home. What are the best guns to buy for newfags?

I was raised by anti-gun parents, and I've just moved away from home. What are the best guns to buy for newfags?

Attached: Deadly.jpg (425x404, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10
thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=lGcr5JsYcW0
youtube.com/watch?v=jsqKeQhobOM
youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8
gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4
youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

An AK Is unironically one of the best starter guns. As the FFL selling me my first one said, "It's so simple a child in Africa can't fuck it up."

If you're American a WASR would be a decent, fairly cheap entry rifle.

I am an American. Thanks for the advice.

AK's are overpriced in the USA for what they are, and often dumbed down (single stack, converted caliber, etc).

AR's have never been cheaper thanks to Trump, and will be increasing in price with the next election.

But forget rifles, I'd buy a 9mm handgun to learn how to shoot. Get a trade-in police/military, used, or cheaper model around the 300$ pricepoint. Buy 1000 rounds of 9mm, should cost around 175$. Watch videos and such, practice at the range. Once you're comfortable, buy a nicer handgun if you want it or then consider moving to rifles.

Desert Eagle

Second reason to forget a rifle as your first buy: Most ranges in the USA cost $$$ more to shoot rifles. Typically they have separate memberships, for handguns and a rifles, rifles are often stupid expensive. Might be cheaper in a Red state.

>AR's have never been cheaper thanks to Trump, and will be increasing in price with the next election

You mean in two elections, right? At this point the odds of Trump losing re-election keep getting smaller and smaller.

This is important. If you’re in a city, be aware that Not all indoor ranges support firing rifle calibre weapons.

Your best bet if you are in a city may be to book a small lesson with rented guns and look into buying one of them that you like. Popular mass market models may be easiest to maintain and feed.

Where I live, the 100 yd range is 5 an hour, and the indoor 50ft one is 25 an hour. This is in a crowded bue state. OP would have to look and see his personal situatin.

Famas

Red states worth living in have more public land than they do ranges, to the point where finding indoor ranges can get difficult.

Must blow ass anywhere east of Kansas.

Attached: US_federal_land.agencies.png (1280x989, 415K)

AR15 like the S&W MP Sport II and a Glock 19/17

Done.

Let me put it this way: it's not getting cheaper either way. Don't tempt fate

Mine is 250$/year, plus 20$ lane rental per visit, plus brass-only, plus 5$ over the going price fucking whitebox you-must-buy-ammo-from-them. Fuck your 25$/hr.

What the hell is that bullshit? The typical restriction is that you can't shoot at targets closer than 30m with a rifle, but it has never costed more to shoot a rifle than a pistol at a range, barring ammunition. What kind of retarded gun range owner would charge you per the barrel inch?

Honestly it depends on your budget. I learned on 22 rifle and then transitioned to a 22 pistol then a 45, 9mm.
22 isn’t a very good self defense round but they are cheap to shoot and easy for beginners.
Boolits are the most expensive part of the hobby.

Rifle, .22:
>mega cheap
>negligable recoil
>easy takedown for most rifles

Revolver, .22:
>excellent for dicking around
>ungodly cylinder capacity

Shotgun, 12ga:
>trap shooting is fun
>slugs are fun too (make sure you're using the right choke)
>will teach the importance of shouldering a long arm correctly (expect a massive bruise anyways)

Oh and if your parents talk politics when you see them try not to sperg out too hard.

I live in an extremely rural area, so I can probably just set up some targets in my back yard.

Mosin

>What kind of retarded gun range owner would charge you per the barrel inch?
Indoor, blue state.

The one outdoor range in driving distance doesn't allow more than 1 round in your gun or magazine inserted, unless you cough up $$$ for a membership.

Ah, I see you just came out of your Mayan apocalypse shelter today.

Do NOT buy a mosin.

Nerf guns

.22LR pistol, then 9mm pistol for carry/home defense, then AR (or an equivalent thereof, ARs are by far the easiest/bast choice in freedomland) for defensive/hunting/sport, then shotgun

Unless you want to hunt, then put shotgun higher on the list.

Unironically a Ruger 10/22. Cheap, simple, and it teaches you the fundamentals.

Handgun = Glock 19
AK = Milled AK (preferably Arsenal)
AR =Colt 6920

buy once cry once. do not settle for poverty tier garbage that you will end up selling at a loss to get what your really wanted initially

Henry AR-7s have great reviews, are cheaper, and fit entirely into their own stock. Ie OP might actually get some use out of it as a backpack gun.

it does... theres no where in the whole east to go and just shoot innawoods. the spots you see in vermont and NH do exist and you can legally do it but its frowned upon. nothing is like utah and those states with open spaces and public land

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10

thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/

youtube.com/watch?v=lGcr5JsYcW0

youtube.com/watch?v=jsqKeQhobOM

youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8

gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4

www.thesixgunjournal.net/a-revolver-buyers-checklist/

youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E

Attached: Model 10.jpg (1024x647, 178K)

Probably a bolt action .22LR plinker for marksmanship practice and sheit, and a simple 9mm automatic or a .38 revolver for carry. Get used to guns before you start buying 1k+ ARs.

Just shoot your guns in hell, Satan.

You need a .22 rifle or a .177 caliber air rifle with military style adjustable sights to practice fundamental marksmanship. You can dick around for hours on $10 worth of .22lr or $5 worth of lead pellets. Set aside $300 for a rifle and $200 for a 40x spotting scope and $100 for a sling, ammo, and targets and by the time you need to re-up on ammo and targets, you'll shoot better than 50 percent of Jow Forums. I did 10 meter air rifle in highschool, but I'm sure you can find an NRA course that will teach you the fundamentals.

What shithole state do you live in
I constantly see ar15s being used at my local indoor range, and all they ask for large calibers is that you move the target down farther, and thats only if youre aiming for the head/top of a target

You know anybody that does carpentry? Ever asked him "which saw should I buy?" the answer is going to be "what do you want to make?"

A bunch of guys will say "just get an AR" but that means slogging through "how cheap an AR is reliable". And really that's just a time suck. If you know a guy who can walk you through it who has a reliable AR, that's a fine option.

A bunch other guys will say "get a shotgun" as this will last forever (basically), and depending on ammo can take from squirrel up to black bear. And a load of buckshot avoids any mention of "stopping power" and caliber wars. If you want one and done, hard to beat.

The next tribe says "Handgun!" for maneuverability and capacity. Does get you large capacity magazines (assuming those are legal for you) but will take more training to be proficient. Also a ton of fun.

The "get a twenty-two" tribe are correct that it's the cheapest way to get trigger time. If you're serious about learning marksmanship, this is a great option. Less useful for "practical" applications.

For a total newb, I'd actually point you towards A Pistol Caliber Carbine. Specifically a hipoint 9mm. It's adequate for Home defense, got less of a learning curve than handgun, solid reputation for reliability out of the box, cheaper than rifle ammo (but more expensive than 22), and you can get some plinking and training in with it.

not a glock

If you can definitely seek out an outdoor range first, they aren’t all bad but as I work weekends I can get away with going during the week when no one is there, but by comparison $35 for rifle/shotgun/pistol range outdoors vs $25 an hour just lane rental for a indoor range
Whatever you go with if you don’t have any good mentors taking an intro to pistols class would benefit you

I meant to say $35 a year vs $25 hourly

Fuck u op get a glock

Handgun wise
38 special (or get a 357 magnum, more fun)

Stay with the classics that have been with us over a century; they are still with us for a reason. From there, the possibilities are endless...