What are some Jow Forums approved boots ? Also boots general

What are some Jow Forums approved boots ? Also boots general

Attached: web17-transservice-1160x768-v01.jpg (1160x768, 131K)

boots aren't Jow Forums approved apart from some wannabe .mil fags and autists, boots havent been worn by serious outdoorsmen or special forces for at least a decade

Swiss k90s. Comfy, thick, durable, waterproof, and aesthetic.

Fuck off faggot. Just because you are an urbanite and wannabe oper8er doesn't make boots bad. Who wanders Louisiana, Alaska, or any drasticly abnormal ecosystem without you fucking retard.

Merrels, danners, salomans, surplus boots.

find this very hard to believe

MACV-1
511 ATAC

What's Jow Forums approved?
Been eyeing the Lowa Zephyr Mid GTX

Attached: Lowa Zephyr Mid GTX Desert.jpg (1200x883, 110K)

pretty much everyone wears trail shoes, if you need protection for your calves you wear them with gaiters

that doesnt make it untrue :^)

trail shoes

ALTAMA jungle, but ALTAMA un general in light and very nice on the feet

What kindof retarded nigger wears trail shoes in a swamp?

Sporting Magnum Lynx 8 Zip, those are pretty comfy. Trail shoes or Lowas sound nice though, probably not for the same use. Having hardenned boots has its ups.

Attached: Magnum Lynx 8 Side Zip.jpg (625x625, 34K)

>what kind of retarded nigger goes into a swamp?
ftfy

Which military?

KURWA

Attached: 255px-Trzewiki_wz_919.jpg (255x255, 18K)

I have four pairs of Danner boots for different applications:
-East Ridge 400G's for general outdoor work/innawoods shenanigans
-5.5" Lookout's for jobsite footwear
-Mountain 600 Chelsea's for officewear
-18" Burly Air Grip Pro's for innaswamp/wetwork shenanigans

All have Vibram soles, all perform far past what I expected, all continue to amaze me years past their purchase date, and the fuckin' things just don't quit. I think my Lookout's would look a lot aesthetically better if they had a worn-in used look to them, granted i'm not a pipeliner but they just shrug off any abuse I give them and after a clean up they still look almost brand new.

Really though as long as it has a Vibram sole and isn't suspiciously cheap +$100 minimum it's probably solid.

I’ve fielded 4 different pairs of boots over my admittedly modest career.
Danner Tachyons:
Light and insubstantial. Dry fast, easy to pack away. Will always have a pair for packing lists and “while the good ones are drying”
Reebok Spearhead
Stitched soles, more rigid leather components. Break in well. Aggressive tread. Better for mountain phase than the tachyons.
BIG CAREER SHIFT
Solomon Quest 4D GTX Forces:
Overbuilt hiking boot. Comfy but my feet don’t like gotetex innadesert. Still have some new issue ones - would sell them in a heartbeat
Merrel Moabs:
Less overbuilt, comfier. More in concert with a “trail shoe” but no-one serious about their job wears trail shoes.

The only guy I’ve ever seen wear trail shoes while actually kicking doors was a Dutch security guy. Had the whole look. Stepped on an exposed nail from the dynamic entry. Spent the remaining 4 months living it up in Germany.

altamas look cool but are a little uncomfortable and make you roll your ankle alot. looks 10/10 aesthetics tho with the leather black ones.

Belleville One Xero boots are fucking fantastic. They're marketed for military though so there very well might be better shit out there that costs less because it doesn't have to live up to the autistic nonsense requirements of AR 670-1.

What kind of retarded nigger doesn't enjoy some fuckin gator tail?

Garmont t8.

Quality and comfort of danner for only a third of the cost.

I dunno about whether they are good or bad but Haix Black Eagle Tactical are the shit for me.
Universal as fuck, comfy as fuck. From mountains to swamps, woods and offices I wore one pair for 3 years now everyday everywhere. Downside is that in cold water they tend to give it through - a very infuriating feeling as if they leaked whereas its only the difference in temp.

Attached: 340003_600x600gtx.jpg (600x600, 61K)

>No one mentioning thorogoods.

Get your ass some Kenetreks and stop poorfagging.

I've got a pair of RedWing's TruHiker that I predominantly use for hunting. They did my shitty ankles well even when walking through hilly/mountainous terrain after 3 days of downpour.
A bit expensive, but at least they come with free waterproofing recoats.

Anyone else have experience with this brand?

>Kenetreks
If you're getting $500 boots you might as well just go custom and get a pair of whites or nicks, user.

anyone have the altama sneakers? seem good for everyday use

These.
I work a heavy physical job and use 440 dr.scholls.
I spent $300 for steel toes, the inserts, and running shoes.
The t8 garments last long than that entire setup while being more comfortable. While being $85 off ebay

Attached: 1553356311005.png (415x641, 480K)

>MACV-1
>hey guys, let's build a boot for operating/rucking
>alright
>lets also give it vans tier tread
>fantastic, send it to production
why?

Austrian Paratrooper boots. Definitely NOT those shitty swiss Sneakers tarted up as boots that the Kommando Store's trying to pass off as shoes.

jackboot master race especially pic related they comf as fugg

Attached: 31qtezzg654w.jpg (226x223, 5K)

>some city slicking office working s o i boi doesn't know that working men wear work boots for good reason

Garment T8 are maximum comfy

The 5.11 shit is a bit mallninja but fits my feet perfect. Over had them last me quite a while.

>boots aren't Jow Forums approved apart
Just because you wear bunny slippers when you play vidya, that doesn't make you any kind of an expert on what Jow Forums thinks, you fucking retard

These. Accept no substitutes.

Attached: Corcoran Jump Boots.jpg (286x320, 11K)

Calm down, Airborne

Reminder that tan/brown boots are for fags. Jungle and solid black are where it's at.

Attached: a-team-leader-from-the-2nd-light-armored-infantry-battalion-attached-to-marine-893ef6.jpg (3000x1980, 2.13M)

>t.

Attached: file.png (1160x629, 761K)

have a pair of beater Bates rat boot I think you can find some for 30 bucks don't know if theyre k approved they get the job done

What about the field boot and not the jump boot? I like the treads on the field boot better. I'm going to be doing more rucking and hiking than jumping.

Solid Black only - final destination.

I like my Lundhags.

There are people on this board RIGHT NOW who are wearing boots either too big or too small for them.

>Not going barefoot

Asolo boots if youre into foot orgasms

Attached: 15193972183300.jpg (807x605, 170K)

Attached: altama_mid.jpg (600x600, 32K)

Do you fags seriously wear military boots when you go outside?

What boots are those?

you fags cant afford it

Attached: s-l1600 (1).jpg (1001x1001, 98K)

lick them

Attached: s-l16jj00.jpg (1200x1600, 215K)

Redwings. Duh

Attached: Screenshot_20190327-071400_Gallery.jpg (1080x1999, 1.21M)

But I can!

Attached: 1521051232170.png (784x727, 531K)

DSCP hot weather army boots, broken in
Danner TRX

Attached: pepearmy.png (1000x1000, 939K)

I like to have good boots for work. Good for the knees :)

only when i bother. normally i'll just slip on some crocs.

I'm stuck wearing shitty Royer combat boots at work, but whenever I go do my own things innawoods or onnabike I wear surplus Fin jackboots. Aside from chewing up socks they are a hell of a lot better since I'm not some kind of anklelet onions drinking homo.

>boots

Attached: 2017_0327_11595200.jpg (1776x1184, 485K)

>boots havent been worn by serious outdoorsmen or special forces for at least a decade

Attached: 1410042613386.jpg (279x304, 29K)

>samba
Ya one 'a those nashonalists ain'tcha?

Had 2 pairs of 511 Recon boots over 8 years, and wear them nearly every day.
Only issue with them is they have this weird plasticy lining near the Achilles tendon that starts to flake around the 2 year mark, gets really irritating especially when a piece breaks off and stabs you in the foot.
Other than that though, they are light, comfy, durable and look preddy cool. They are quick dry too, not waterproof and have drainage grommets which for me and my enviroment is a good thing but come winter you might be better with something else. The Recon trainers are pretty comfy too, remind me of climbing shoes but they fell to bits in no time.

seconded. comfy as fuck and durable

OTB JungleLites

>what boots are those
literally in the filename mane, also, here's mine

Attached: grom protector.jpg (700x547, 61K)

actually thinking about getting these right now, worth? can you walk in them a nontrivial amount?

I still wear my old MC Bates whenever I go shooting or working. They're broken in as fuck.

Anybody have any experience with treads that don't fill up with mud and turn into fucking Disney on ice if you have to move quickly?

I spend a bit of time down in gulleys full of wet caliche and I'm tired of wiping out if I have to run or move uphill quickly once my treads fill up with the clay and gravel.

Holy shit I just found the person to play the Judge in my Blood Meridian movie! Just gotta buy him some platform shoes and we're golden.

hello fellow desertfag

I've been rockin the same pair of shell toes for like 10 years now, the soles are finally starting to show through.

Attached: 1546292088604.jpg (826x606, 106K)

There is no better. Check it!

Attached: Jalas Fantom Drylock.jpg (671x900, 119K)

We have trees here, damnit. Granted, someone planted them, but they grow.

Double H cowboy boots, with rubber soles. Went innawoods with mine for 4 years, getting a new pair soon. Hell, I've done everything from ranch work to fighting wildfires in em.

Essential.

I lift in mine. theyre like comfy converse but durable

Danner Mtn 600s are a rated lightweight boot

Attached: C9008CF2-2FF1-4BD0-AA3A-929EFE4EA751.jpg (784x580, 99K)

I FUCKING HATE Boots

t. Terminal Lance

Do yourself a favor, and next time you want a wedge sole buy Thorogood.

I've been wearing mine every day for three years, to the point I wore out two wedge soles and had the boot resoled and the leather and stitching is rock solid still.

USA made boot for $100 less than Redwings bullshit "heritage" line's version.

>What are some Jow Forums approved boots ?
Lowa, Meindl, Hanwag, Salewa, Haix etc.

I own 2 pairs of boots: Hanwag Alaska and La Sportiva Boulder, can recommend both and the Boulder's are an eyecatcher.

I hate flats
But they look so nice, will these destroy my arches?