Stockpiling

How much ammo do y'all typically stockpile?
I'm getting a bit back from taxes this year and need to save a good amount but would also like to get some goods that may not be available later in the future in case of a hurricane, riot, recession, etc such as ammo and food stock.
Question is, is 500 rounds plenty or should I splurge and go for the 1000?

Attached: Image3__81690.1380310974.1280.1280.jpg (1000x479, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.lds.org/lds/CategoryDisplay?storeId=10151&urlLangId=-1&beginIndex=0&urlRequestType=Ajax&categoryId=3074457345616678849&pageView=grid&langId=-1&catalogId=3074457345616676768&lang=eng
twitter.com/AnonBabble

n+1

1k minimum per caliber. Preferably more.
Fuck off, pic related

Attached: received_821176428223732.jpg (720x304, 32K)

1000 at a time is usually how high rate of use cartridges come. It saves the most money.

I keep a case or two of what I have at any given time(200 - 500). I'll only really buy more if I feel like shooting or want to try new hunting rounds.
800 total of 6.5G, 300BLK, 223, and 9mm is about the limit of what I can store in my fire cabinet.
I travel for work 2x a year and I'd be mad as fuck to come home to my shit cooking off in the garage during summer.

Attached: 1552218645607.jpg (750x747, 77K)

FPBP

I hate rebates and I can't justify spending 27c per round on this so I wait for the never happening day I can find brass for 25c or maybe I'll just get 20c steel and call it a day

Attached: ammogreed.jpg (312x444, 87K)

buy as much as you can when it's cheap, and it's cheap.

good disaster food
store.lds.org/lds/CategoryDisplay?storeId=10151&urlLangId=-1&beginIndex=0&urlRequestType=Ajax&categoryId=3074457345616678849&pageView=grid&langId=-1&catalogId=3074457345616676768&lang=eng

Attached: 1552257035817.png (500x500, 288K)

F2PBP jesus christ.

I wouldn't recommend a reserve of more than 1000rds (I go against the Jow Forums philosophy of more is better, why are you out buying, stop reading this and Max out your credit cards buying ammo). If you are worried about something like a hurricane hitting you, food and medical supplies are much more valuable.

Remember all that stockpiled ammo is useless unless you put it on stripper clips. A gang of spics or nignogs or tweakers is not going to agree to a time-out so you can reload your mags one fumbling fucking cartridge at a time.

>Not stockpiling mags before ammo

Attached: get-a-load-of-this-goy-sarma-1495179.png (500x609, 117K)

Bring your ammunition inside, if your hot their hot.

I reload and have a compulsive need to work on case prep and ensure I have enough primers and powder. I usually stop just before I have to prime though, since I don't know how fast primers degrade and have convinced myself they start to degrade as soon as you plant it in the case. I also cast bullets and am almost always casting, there is no way I'm gonna shoot all these bullets but that doesn't stop me. Send help.

Attached: 1550152269910.jpg (960x720, 59K)

Some rule of thumb say 1000 per weapon. Not particularly realistic. Stats on actual use suggest far less. ie: hunting = 4 to sight in, 1 for kill. Search youtube for this topic. Good vid on actual shots fired in LEO ops vs hits. SHTF situation, you want to avoid gunfights at all costs. Also not a good item for barter as you don't control what your "customer" will do with the ammo you just traded him for. Could be you are his game.

Multiply how much ammo you go through in a month by 12 and that should be your minimum stockpile.
For some people a few boxes will last their entire lifetime while for others 5 cases will barely make a dent.

You're legit autistic af. Those videos are fucking retarded just like you

Buy as much as you can. Ammo is cheap right now, and only 500 rounds goes fast. Gotta practice a bit too

I used to think 1000 rounds each of .223/5.56 and 7.62x39 was a silly and unrealistic amount to have on hand. In other words I thought people were just being crazy and you wouldn't need that much.

This winter I started going to the range a lot more and I seriously can't get enough ammo. I shoot at least 250 rounds combined each time. In a month more than half of my reserves are gone. I'm starting to support the whole 5000 rounds mantra.

Or here's actually a better idea - spend the same amount on ammo as you did on the gun. If you buy an $800 AR, buy the same amount of ammo and you'll be good for a while.

Shooting ain't cheap man.

1000 rounds saved in a safe for each caliber, that you don't touch

1000 rounds for each caliber that you use regularly.

The key is to just discipline yourself into not using the saved stuff so it's always there for a true emergency like a ban or panic buying or an election, not "oh i forgot to go buy ammo so I'll dip into it". It's just like putting away money for your future.

>not using the saved stuff
wrong, you must rotate stock

What are the odds State Dept adds Russian steel ammo to sanctions in the next year?

your ammo in a sealed can with a silica pack will outlast you.

Virtually nil

10k rounds for every caliber!!!! 500 is a day at the range my friend... Get MINIMUM 1k.... Look at it as an investment in your future whether its killing niggers and snowflakes or just selling it once one of these Liberal fucks take office for 5x what you paid for it!!!! Also stock up on mags!!!

Why wouldn't you always want to be shooting the oldest ammo?

Of 27 guns, the lowest mag count of those that use them is 7. The highest is 43. All guns have over 10k rounds, some have over 100k. I stopped stockpiling when I ran out of room. I don't reload. I feel like bullets will be good barter when shtf.

Attached: 1552860635092.jpg (960x960, 120K)

There's no such thing as enough user;

That being said I keep 1K for "THE FUCKING WORLD IS ENDING" and then buy what I can monthly in case of liberal bullshit.

Attached: umsrww0x7r9y.jpg (2268x4032, 1.37M)

because i don't like to make useless work for myself?

Buying ammo can serve two purposes--
You can use it to shoot with and it can be used as currency in desperate times. I'd recommend stocking up on a couple thousand rounds of every caliber you need.

Uh no lol, you don't. This only depends on what kind of a timeline we're talking bud.

They should all have oxygen absorbers inside of good quality ammo cans. That's a given. That's just how you store large amounts of ammo. If you're going to use it in the next 1-2 decades then you're fine with not being anal about rotating every few months.

How much....money...have you spent on all of this? Easily in the 6 figures right?

Few thousand rounds of each caliber. Not a doomsday/SHTF person, just in case California's bs ammo laws sneak into Nevada. We just got Sisolak so it's a very real possibility.

>Trade ammo with desperate people that probably don't have much.
>They realize they don't need to trade and kill you instead.
Trading ammo is the best way to paint a target on your back

I'm trying to get enough to hold up a workbench. I figure worst case, brass is an investment like gold or silver. Someone just dropped off a truckload of 54r crates at the lgs, the old wooden ones covered in slavrunes. They probably bought them 20 years ago for nothing, now each crate is being sold for over 300 bucks so the gunstore must have paid at least a couple hundred for them. With the Freedom Fuel rebate I'm buying all I can afford of xm193 and xm855 from PSA.

Not him but I have a similar stash with a few more guns. I’d say low 5 figures.

I probably have a few thousand rounds, but I'll shoot through most of it this year. I won't shoot through all my .22 ammo, although most of that ammo was inherited and gifted.

Not even fucking close

Stock what you can ruck first, 300-1000 rounds, the more of it you can carry in mags over loose the better. You really won't need more than 300, six hundo max if you expect the weapon to both fight and hunt. You shouldn't be trying to prep for 1000rds per kill vietnam suppression fighting. If you can't see a kill in three shots max, you're approaching the fight in a way that'll get you killed.

Pistol mags

>tfw you just watched this and still want a pavehawk and 1000000 rounds

This is a prime example of someone who either doesn't own any guns or never actually shoots them. 1000 rounds of each caliber is the minimum to have set aside in case of trouble, period. By trouble we mean lack of supply, price increase, panic buying, and bans, not larping about shtf.

I'm talking about the first target if you're getting into stockpiling. Once you've got your collection at that benchmark you expand by units of 1000 or whatever the cheapest bulk case comes in.

why not just buy 1000 right off the bat? I've learned that when you set goals to make gun purchases further down the road, something always happens to fuck it up. A panic buying shortage can happen at any moment, new gun laws, ammo not available or the gun not available (or at the price you thought) for various reasons.

i remember the sandy hook panic buying. being into guns is a fucking roller coaster of bullshit

1k per gun is the minimum. Idea behind saving 1k is in case if another ammo shortage, not SHTF.

Attached: 1551845988067.gif (500x402, 143K)

sauce?

Buy now and buy heavy, twice as much as you think you should buy then a few more for good measure. The prices and rebates going on right now are the best they've been in 10+ years.

The next Sandy Hook is not a matter of if, but when. And when that day comes and prices jump 2-3x overnight you know you'll be saying "Fuck, I knew I should have bought that extra case of 5.56"

I had to piece my initials together 20 & 100 rounds/shells at a time, now I'm in a comfortable rotation while i pay off my car and school debt until i can expand

I have maybe 500 rounds of 9mm at any given time.

I have a dozen bricks of .22. 6000 rounds. Most of that is from when .22 became more available and I was afraid supply was going to dry up again.

Maybe 2000 rounds of .223.

I have a YUUUGE number of turkey shells back when my Walmart for one reason or another decided to dump all their "Long Beard" Winchester shells at half the price of target shells. I picked up every last box and they had a lot. I think it was a pricing mistake or something. Not sure what to do with all these because they are not fun to shoot and turn my shoulder blue.

Attached: LongBeardShellsOnTable.jpg (647x600, 213K)

Evangelion.

Fucking geeks. The only reason I know what this means is because I'm an electrician building a data center right now. Although that's not technically how this particular center is set up. Congrats on your IT career though.

I have no weapons or ammo of any kind because the police will be there to help when needed and if I'm nice enough to minorities they will leave me alone.

Attached: MV5BNGQ4ZmFmNmUtYjc1Ny00Y2UyLWI1ZjEtOTkyNDBjMTllN2M4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjI2MDk4MTY@._V1_.jpg (1600x900, 172K)

I unironically suggest everyone who shoots regularly keep 2-5k of their main calibers on hand; 2012-2014 sucked massive balls and I never want to have to scrounge, over pay, or just stop shooting certain calibers like I did back then. Rough math, you go shooting once a month and use 100rds per trip, that means over a year you'll expend 1,200 rds. that means to continue shooting your 100rds a month through the Sandy Vagina scare you needed somewhere around 3,000 rds. We are almost guaranteed to see something like this happen again the next time the Democrats make a concerted move for an AWB, and besides, why not stock up on ammo when common calibers are at historically low prices when accounting for inflation? Next time you go to the range buy 100-200 more round than you shot you'll have a decent stockpile pretty quickly if you're a regular shooter.

you could sell them at just slightly below the current price in bulk on gunbroker and make a profit

damn, thought it was familiar

Go on a turkey jihad and remove gobble?

How do you fags that stockpile 12g do it? They take up so much space.

10,000 5.56
2,000 9mm
1,500 .22lr
300 .380acp

I..I don't hunt, user..

I am shame.

You can burn through 500 faster than you think on a trip or two to the range. Get as much as you can afford.

I need to buy more ammo but I keep buying other shit like exercise gear, bags, slings, medical supplies, food, optics, sights, magazines, guns, more guns, slings, storage, etc. etc.
How the fuck do I stop spending money on other shit?
I know I need more ammo, but I keep getting sidetracked and then go to the range and use up the ammo that I have.
I shoot every weekend and go through 300-500 rounds. And then I just try and keep roughly double that in stock for each gun, but it is not damn near enough for training and storage.
I dont reload, but jesus christ.

Attached: yzEQW51.jpg (1600x981, 333K)

Because I'm satisfied with mediocrity and I prefer doing the bare minimum.

Don't forget the toilet paper. People always forget the simple things. Try stockpiling that.

Idk like 5 or 6.

Attached: 20190326_233004.jpg (830x623, 81K)