Air Force buys both AT-6 Wolverine and the A-29 Super Tucano

Air Force buys both AT-6 Wolverine and the A-29 Super Tucano

What your thoughts Jow Forums?

defensenews.com/newsletters/tv-next-episode/2019/03/25/air-force-to-buy-light-attack-planes/

military.com/dodbuzz/2019/03/13/air-force-procure-small-number-light-attack-aircraft.html

Attached: Air-to-air_with_Afghan_Air_Force_Embraer_A-29_Super_Tucano.jpg (1920x1275, 609K)

Attached: AC-235 light gunship.jpg (1800x1060, 1.3M)

>using turboprop in 1945+74

Attached: 1553025940359.jpg (520x519, 76K)

to basically be tech demonstrators big fucking whoop, if airforce has any sense left they gonna drag this to infinity and silently drop

These aircraft are of limited value to the USAF but potentially immense value to certain governments which the USA supports, therefore it makes sense for the USAF to buy a few just to promote the development of these kinds of aircraft.

Shame, I thought the Longsword had the most interesting look to it. And yes, that's all I care about, since looking at photos of it and maybe building a model kit is all the interaction I'll ever have with it.

>I thought the Longsword had the most interesting look to it
if interesting means retarded crop duster, sure

>Goldfein said the service kept three core principles in mind as it conducted past experiments: Keeping allies and partners who cannot afford fourth- or fifth-generation aircraft in the loop as they look to procure new planes; finding a mix of capabilities to make the planes interoperable; and realizing that these planes are not meant to be a replacement for anything in the service's inventory, but rather to provide additional capabilities.

So they're budget bomb droppers for allies and maybe-not-likely the US.

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME

Attached: PressFToPayRespects.jpg (1200x857, 465K)

It's not fair bros, she was like a cute, huggable mini-Hornet.

Attached: 1529790590173.jpg (918x597, 216K)

I MADE MY MISTAKES

Attached: F35.jpg (1280x853, 123K)

great idea just 20 years late.. they should have been using them all along in the sandbox instead of flying the wings off our good jets which are now toast

Those operators in Africa could have been alive today if we had a couple of those on station.

Attached: 1543139884714.jpg (640x853, 63K)

What, literally in country? These things take far longer to get on station then an F-16 and can't stay on station as long.

When you have less capability from a new craft then a goddamn viper it's time to rethink.

They can operate in dirt strips with minimal support so they can stay based nearer to the action than full blown jets. They were designed with COIN in mind and are based in real life experience.
Because of retards like you a couple green berets got BTFOd in Niger.

No they got btfo due to their institutional babying and constant reliance on assets that when gone leaves their ass in the wind.

>combined arms is a crutch
Literally no one is going to come out of a massive ambush like that. Your only option is to ditch and run as quickly as you can. When you have an organized force, you have options. When you're a squad meant to train locals and not get in any fights, you don't have the equipment or the ammo to put up a fight

Are you aware of the reason why we didn't have drones on station, because we wouldn't have had super taco's either for the same reason.

Exactly their hubris and their inflated opinion of themselves cause them to classify that patrol as a training mission but it'd be a targeted hit. They chose to go there with a bunch of dumbfucks thinking they were king of the world.

Well that much is certainly true.

Hence why my first comment was IF. IF we had a couple of those on station they could have been alive.
They are so cheap we can afford to have a couple of them ready to go in bumfuck africa and not had to depend on those french mirages to save the rest of the team.
This talk is like Someone saying we dont need mortars because heavier artillery exists. The props are going to be just another tool.