Cringy Weapon Phases

ITT parts of your past with weapons that you look back on and want to introduce past you to a firing squad. I'll start.

I used to be super, super into archery and convinced i could do the shit Legolas could do in fucking Lord of the Rings. Like, trick shots and shit. I could not. It was sad.

Attached: yes this.gif (245x245, 1.51M)

Other urls found in this thread:

scoobysworkshop.com/beginning-workout-plan/
wimhofmethod.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

probably back when I thought military kit was quality before realizing it was 20-50 years behind the private market

I own a Mosin Nagant.

i used to post on Jow Forums

I made some pipe guns out if extremely thin and soft pipes, very lucky I didn't hurt myself

I have a bunch of old mallninja shit. Crappy knives, a plastic stabby thing, a monkey's fist. Most of that crap could've been avoided if I found Active Self Protection earlier

Went through a taticool phase.

I bought a Springfield 9mm 1911 as my first carry gun...and put it in a Alien Gear holster... I'm gonna go an hero now brb

As someone who used to make Pneumatic shit out of PVC pipe and shoot rocks at things innawoods, I am also very lucky that one of my pressure chambers didnt explode like a pipe bomb right next to my idiot face.

Did you make slam shotguns?

The first shotgun shells I ever reloaded I underloaded by a shit ton I would have blown up my moss 500 if I had fired a second one because the first wad was stuck in the choke.

Wearing patch hats and shemaghs unironically and thinking it was cool.

Attached: 1550036479980.jpg (722x712, 80K)

>Alien Gear holster
Did it have the alien head on it and everything?

Attached: r3zZx7WRo35VjO4qy_NA.gif (150x85, 136K)

I almost went through a shotgun phase

swords
I don't think I have to say anymore

>plastic stabby thing
Pics? I am super curious as to what this is now

I’ve never had a weapon phase I ever considered cringey, but I do regret not doing more research before starting with muzzle loaders.

throwing knife shit

I own two, this hits me right in the feels.

>throwing knife shit

I mean as long as you have a place to go throw them this is more of a hobby.

Literally everything before me becoming a hazgunz

>regret not doing more research before starting with muzzle loaders.

Fucking same.

Attached: qr0xyz235dv11.jpg (1151x1080, 82K)

>Cringy Weapon Phases
I used to believe I needed to carry weapons for self-defence despite living in a first world country

As a person who throws knives as a hobby, I can say there are many camps, but if you bought those tiny throwing spikes and knives with holes milled into them so they look cool...damn.

Please explain anons I wanted to get one of those muzzleloader pistol kits from Cabelas.

>tfw wear a shemagh for sentiment reasons

i bought a bunch of the cheap tiny naruto looking shits when i was a retarded 14 year old

research into what?

Cleaning is ass, loading is tedius, improperly loading it is legit dangerous, ignition on trigger pull is unreliable for any number of factors, spent percussion caps can actually fall into and jam revolver actions in many cases. Don’t get me wrong, of all pistols muzzle loaders are the most fun to actually shoot by miles, but they have a lot of baggage.

Nigger

i used to make tons of shivs and hairspray sock molotovs all the time back when i was in high school i would also practice holding my breath and burning myself slightly so i could be prepared for torture for some reason

Oh, also never buy Pietta for any reason

I used to own an AR15
What a fucking mistake

Attached: 3 slings.jpg (2921x2576, 3.52M)

I taught myself overhand throwing with no spin with those because they are cheap and not balanced at all it was good practice for when I got a good throwing knife set.

My dad used to get bud k mags when I was a kid. Thought they were the coolest shit ever.

His detachable peepee :3

Attached: Bloodborne Downed.jpg (1442x2048, 496K)

Nah they were muzzle loaders loaded with match heads or pyrodex

Pietta works, just understand that they have the cheapest product. If you don't want problems then get steel frame instead of brass

A Japanese weapon store in my local mall got a lot of my business.

Worst example: wtf did i need sais for?

A coworker brought one to show me because he thought I was into that shit because I have a bayonet for my shot gun and rifle.

10 years from now your going to wish you would not have gotten out of that shotgun phase one of the most versatile and destructive objects you can own for not alot of money.

weeb phase, still got the kendo gear, a couple shinais and a katana (cheness 9260)

the mac 11 was my favorite gun because of biggie smalls
im white and biggie died when i was 2

S A L T

Got into The Walking Dead at 13 and naturally green zombie axes quickly followed. Also got my 10/22 shortly after strictly for rapid succession headshots if a group surrounded me

Nothing wrong with this. I like the AR18 for similar reasons

The scene in the punisher movie where Frank closes a butterfly knife all fancy and then smacks a guy on the head with it made me wanna buy one. I watched tons of videos with overweight neckbeards, skinny matrix larping edgelords, and hispanic guys explaining how to do all those tricks and thought they were so cool. I wanted to be the guy in my group of friends who had a cool butterfly knife and knew all the tricks. Remembered that my parents were anti-weapon to the point they wouldn't even let me play with certain water guns. When I got older and could buy em I realized they're pretty dumb.

I purchased a walther shortly before the CREED was announced
should have gone with glock or hk

But that's excellent taste dude, I love my Cheness sword and it's one of the few I don't regret. The 9260 steel is so beastly and none of their designs are cringey.

It's more the kendo stuff that I should have avoided. The 9260 is fine, but the handle got loose and the wrapping wasn't very good. I redid everything and it's functional, but it isn't pretty.

I should sharpen it, playing with it is still fun for our inner will keiths.

When I first got into guns I was expecting to be a top-tier marksman/SNOIPAH right off the bat.
Little did I know I'd be fucking horrible at shooting rifles even with several years of practice.

-Was a massive Wehraboo. Thinking everything German was better and it was only because of sheer numerical superiority that Allies won WW2.
-Probably had a few autistic arguments in history classes when it came to talking about different conflicts- referencing events and leaders no one (classmate or teacher) knew about.

I'm right there with you. If I'm standing then I'm pretty hopeless because of my breathing and heart rate. Granted, most of my guns are old milsurps rifles but still, I'm more focused on hitting the target then getting a grouping. Sitting on a bench is obviously a better performance.
Also, I did everything completely backwards. Shot .22 once or twice at camp when I was 13. Then I turned 18 I bought a Yugo Mauser thinking it wouldn't be that hard to use. Went right for a bigger rifle without knowing the basics like breathing, trigger pull, etc. first range outing resulted in a bruised-to-shit shoulder and 50% of the bullets missing the target entirely at 100 yards. 24 now and I've gotten a lot better with that stuff and .22 is just super fun to shoot.

I believed all the fuddlore because I read the zombie survival guide and bought some impractical milsurp as my first guns.

If its milsurp then it can't be that bad
Atleast you didn't buy a Taurus

>buying every accessory in fde color
>you've never shot outside of an indoor 25 yard range

You've ascended, now you disarm with polished charm, cut with razor sharp wit. Your mind is a weapon, now.

Attached: 1st_worlder.jpg (640x839, 100K)

Butterfly Knives
>Be 14
>family friend is pawn shop owner
>he gives me a pair of butterfly knives
>tells me some whole shuck and jive about how they are a lost art and are super deadly
>these are super special wasp winged butterfly knives that are worth $150 a piece! (but I get them free because we're such good friends!)
>walk around with a butterfly knife clipped in each sleeve so I can pull them out and twirl them around mall ninja style
>think im super badass and fantasize endlessly about scenarios where I thwart muggers, rapists, robbers, and school shooters so spectacularly that all women within eyesight decide to sleep with me

Basically for an uncomfortable amount of time I thought I was billy badass, king of tough guy mountain because I had a pair of cheap chinese 440 stainless "switchblades with extra steps" clipped to the sleeves of my (usually black) button up shirts (a few of which had the cheesy early 00's stylized flame designs on them)

If I could go back in time to meet 14 year old me Id kick myself in the balls and throw those fuckin mall ninja toys in the nearest river or lake.

I also thought the Judge was cool long before I was old enough to buy a handgun

What kind of AR-15 did you have, AUG bro?

To be fair, bayonets are mall ninja.

Not 100% on topic, but, until an umcomfortable length of time elapsed (into my college years) I legit thought the .30 cal 1919 was the .50 cal M2 duece, and that the actuzl .50 cal m2 duece was a .75 caliber machinegun.

The sorst part was, I referred to the ma duece as a .75 cal regularly into my late teens, even around regular gun guys and literally nobody ever bothered to correct me. I didnt evdn know until I was 19 and somebody on the internet called me retarded.

Haha, what's wrong with Alien Gear? I've got one for my five-seven (cringe), that said, I've had 30+ different holsters. Beyond branding, I mean. That said, you could have Jesus holsters with CrossBreed (I had a few of those, but mine would start creaking).

>Haha, what's wrong with Alien Gear
>the rest of your fucking cringey post
Alien gear holsters range from shitty but functional to unsafe, with a lot of emphasis on marketing. Personally I've had a 1911 holster from them that didn't even actually cover the trigger all the way. Unsurprisingly people who actually know anything about quality holsters dislike them.

You grew up in the same late 80's to 90's era as me! pls see The butterfly knife craze was like a 1985-1995 thing. But of course, true ninjas would smirk at the title butterfly knife because only plebes didnt know they were really called balisong knives!

(for somd fucking reason in the late 80's early 90's brznd of mall ninja bullshit knoeing the ethnic name for something automatically granted you +10 stats in the objects use.)

>Get beat up at school by douchey rich kid whose parents paid for them to take kenpo karate
>parents enroll me in shitty mcdojo tai kwan do cuz its important I learn self defense
>after all of 4 months be mighty green belt in useless choreography acrobatics class disguised as martial arts
>I can break a flimsy 1/4th inch pine boards, So I KNOW I am ready!
>challenge karate richfag douche to a match
>get ass totally beaten to a pulp cuz I know how to look cool, while this guy actually knows real no shit kenpo karate
>tell my sensei
>(yes, it was so mcdojo my korean martial arts instructor insisted on a jap title)
>He tells me that its because I was in street clothes instead of a ghi, and that by fighting without a ghi on I dishonored the uniform and karma made me lose
>wanted to wear my ghi to school fof a re-rematch but my parents wouldnt let me and called the teacher instead to tell them I was getting bullied

In hindsight I was a total autist, I talked mad shit all the time, acted like a dork, and totally earned all of my school bullying.

>knows about quality holsters
Only way you can learn anything about what holsters work for you is via experience, my cringebro. People will suck CrossBreed dick all day but those fuckers still squeak like hell. Didn't have the same issue with the Alien Gear for the five-seven, it's nothing special, but it doesn't make noise. One of my favorite holsters has no fucking marketing department, a Mika pocket holster for j-frames.

>Oh, also never buy Pietta for any reason
tell me how I know you are a moron

Generic survival/mallninja larp phase
My brother was going through a big knife collector/survival phase when he first got a job which led me to want to emulate him and get into it as well, bought a cheap "tactical" backpack amd filled it with cheap walmart tier survival gear(which never left my room, turns out im not super into camping). Bought a bunch of stupid weapons like shurikens, brass knuckles, machetes and tactical tomahawks before i could buy guns. It wasnt until a year or 2ish after i started buying guns at 18 that i realized it was all stupid and cringy af because i never used any of it. Sold it all to help fund more guns. Still collect swords and knives though, but actual quality, reputable models and brands.

I honestly think a zombie survival/mallninja/tacticool phase is a normal phase that almost every teenage boy goes through at some point.

Attached: 1553463418000.gif (498x276, 2.05M)

Used to unironically like scout rifles. Now I low-key hate Fudd Cooper

>guy who modernized pistol shooting
>fudd

When i was like 10 years old i used to come home from school and my parents wouldnt be home yet. One time i saw someone in our back yard, so i ran and grabbed my little pellet gun in case they tried to break in. Nothing happened, but for weeks after that i told kids at my school they needed to get a pellet gun for home defense.

None, are you people retarded? And I even got a mosin 91/30 as a first gun for $100. Still love shooting it. I even own an archangel for my Chinko Type 53 and a Timney trigger for shits and gigs. The V swoop mitigates the recoil, and magazines of 54r are fun. Also my Stoeger coach gun has probably taken more deer, coyote, and squirrel than most others for a light woods gun.

Do I feel like a tool for buying a S&W model 29 because I want to feel like Dirty Harry? No because that gun is fucking awesome to shoot.

i used to be into tactical black rifles, now i like fudd guns. nothing wrong with black rifles, but i like a wood stocked bolt action rifle more than some plastic and aluminum semi auto rifle

>about to call you an underage newfag
>it's been nine years since the show began

Attached: 1553107896706.jpg (680x473, 44K)

The only stuff I cringe about is not buying more surplus when I first started collecting in 2004. What a paradise that was.

Its okay every white seems to have this autistic fantasy they can be whatever they wish to be as long as they look and act like them. Maybe its from their ways of cultureless and entitled parenting
Kinda explains why niggers behave like niggers judging who owned them in the past

the problem is with a "plate and pad" design, because the leather is too soft to be rigid and retain the gun as you move around through athletic movement. also the kydex is not properly rigid, so even when you tighten it down all the way it doesn't provide adequate retention. How much quality in materials can you buy for $25?

in one line: the problem is that they sacrifice too much retention in the name of comfort.

I have some bad news for you pal

Well...

Attached: ,11.jpg (720x960, 83K)

This isn’t terrible you could have been ankle holster carrying a Taurus or something

>tfw I still unironically like LER optics

They aren't good for modern "tactical" shooting, but for hunting and light cav-scout duty they'd do fine.

>unironically being in the NSM

I don’t wear them but if you get a patch hat and throw your state flag on it I think it’s fine. Putting some punisher tacticool shit on the other hand...

Time flies, friend. Used to have middle school friends come over and binge it with me and now I'm a junior in college

Attached: 1538012354010.png (400x388, 137K)

Yeah I wasn't the smartest White Trash in the trailer back then. No pun intended.

It's actually a perk of living in a developed civilization where there is a sufficient abundance of resources that kids have the time and freedom to obsess over autistic things rather than have to wander through dump heaps looking for scrap to sell for their next meal. It can allow for marginally stronger mental, moral, and cognitive development in the long run. Although when parents are absent (like parents of the type of people who browse Jow Forums), you get kids stuck in these phases well into their teens because they have no guidance at all, resulting in threads like this. And niggers never have to grow up in the first world, because whitey pays their bills in perpetuity, and they don't have the genetics for a better developmental environment to matter much anyway.

You wised up. Thats what matters.

>I'm pretty hopeless because of my breathing and heart rate
scoobysworkshop.com/beginning-workout-plan/
wimhofmethod.com/

I thought glocks were bad and .40s&w was good.

I was a 9mm fanboy until my first onnaranch job. Now I dont really hate it but its definitely not what people seem to think it is

I hope you get robbed

I was in college when it first aired.

Attached: 1541270549723.jpg (500x513, 72K)

kek, at least you have the ability for reflection now user

To clarify, 9x19 will do. But to say all pistol wounds are equal in effect dependant on placement but regardless of caliber is absurd. even the joke known as 40sw was notably more effective, but 45 oldfudd and 10mm outclassed that aswell. Now I carry a 45 super and anything within 100 yards is easy prey

Hello user, are you me? I miss the spudtech forums...

when I bought my first pistol, I was choosing between a Taurus milpro and a S&W SD9... carried that milpro for 5 years and thought it was just fine...

Attached: yikes.jpg (464x618, 34K)

kek I am extremely proud of you for wising up user

Excellent amount of honest, hilarious self-reflection in this thread

He posts on 4channel now.

based for a 10 y.o.

I used to be on the Glock hate bandwagon without owning one.