Battle rifle thread, post your FALs, G3s and anything else related

Battle rifle thread, post your FALs, G3s and anything else related.

Attached: FNFAL900x523.jpg (900x523, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ICMf1nmz3nE
opticsplanet.com/trijicon-ta11e-acog-35x35-scope-red-chevron-bac-308-ta51-flattop.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Confession time.

I only like FALs because it's the most common rifle found in my country, and 7.62 still makes up the majority of small arms stock in my country's army.

It's inferior in every way compared to other combat rifles.

I agree, I just like them for the historical and aesthetic factor, same reason why many like vintage bolt actions

Undoubtedly, the rifle does indeed have an interesting aesthetic, and has a lot of history behind it.

Then again, some of its history also makes owning one a pain.
>tfw have to deal with retarded metric FAL owners thinking they can use imp components.

Hey Jow Forums

Attached: D58C2E40-764C-4B3B-A1BF-7E944A708AF5.jpg (1112x2208, 467K)

It's not inferior in terms of aesthetics, however

sexy

sup retards
yeah i lift and own an fn fal and drive sports cars
so what

Attached: IMG_3407.jpg (1620x1080, 500K)

what do you think of the p99 gen 1? i feel the grip is too thin and the trigger breaks too far back.When i pull the trigger i have to compromise my grip. Also i cant hold my thumbs high as it will depress the slide release so i find it awkward to shoot.

I just post on Jow Forums to laugh at poor people d e s u

Attached: IMG_3408.jpg (1620x1080, 347K)

Troy foregrip on the way, I also have a solid stock I can throw on if I want more comfort shooting

Attached: ptr4.jpg (6032x4032, 3.12M)

Attached: 1-IMG_2590.jpg (800x296, 166K)

NOICE

Attached: fal on table.jpg (2576x1932, 1.37M)

Brazil?

We have a general

Netherlandistan
We only really phased out FALs in the mid 90s and although the military completely stoppef using them since 2000, they are still the most numerous small arm in dutch inventory. Combine that with the fact most sport shooters are boomer conscriptfags that used the FAL, and the thing can easily be regarded as the most common rifle in this country.

Just broke my c more last night reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Just acquired a BM59 recently for $1k.

Attached: BM59.jpg (1110x540, 74K)

unironically the better M14.

Dude I fucking love it, it fits my hand perfectly and I never want to sell it/get rid of it

Best raifu. Here's a glamour shot of mine.

Attached: l1a1.jpg (2500x1667, 334K)

Nice. Here's a glamour shot of mine taken by the smith who built it.

Attached: l1a1fal.jpg (1250x834, 79K)

I like FALs because I built one from an Imbel kit so I have a special attachment to it. I think they're beautiful looking guns and I love how fucking meaty my FAL feels in my hands. I like the ergos better than my AR, save for the bolt release.

borthers

Attached: 2019-03-15 14.39.55.jpg (3226x2420, 3.57M)

It still boogles my Boggle how a notoriously inept country that had just been picked up and flipped over like a game of Risk on a cheap card table managed to make the most obvious improvements to the Garand faster and better than the U.S.

Attached: 1524619148089.jpg (1024x601, 76K)

are FAL G1 or StG 58 kits worth it over Imbel kits? would be building on an Imbel receiver

>Thread archived.
>You cannot reply anymore.

This is the /brg/ now.

Attached: 12602-713779550.jpg (650x366, 13K)

Are the Brownells AR-10s worth getting?

Attached: FAL with 30 rounder.jpg (720x960, 49K)

You mean the BRN-10?

All the reviews have been rather short term, so nobody has really turned up any major issues with the gun.

However, if you want to LARP an AR-10, it's the ONLY choice that doesn't require ponying for a AI-built one or digging up one of those parts kits.

What is best battlerifle of ww2?
I have seen it as fight between m1 garand and svt-40.

Attached: Molot tokarev svt-40.jpg (4000x1343, 3M)

Garand. SVT was flimsy, less accurate, and less reliable.

Sounds about right
Only thing svt-40 had over garand was detachable mag and higher capacity but that is not much if you have only one magazine.
I remember reading how finns said that SVT-38 was not accurate enough for them.

Mags were apparently a major problem with the SVT-40 in service, as they weren't detachable in the kind of disposable sense we think of today, and loading via stripper clip was pretty common. The en-bloc on the M1 Garand is in practice just as quick and easy as a mag change (and with guns like the M-14, even easier), and any method of loading the SVT - be it the clumsy mags or the stripper clips - is going to be a bit slower.

The accuracy issues were apparently something to do with features inherent to the design that made any fix in the field impossible, and the gas system was a pain in the ass to maintain, especially when non-corrosive ammo wasn't available.

it is to its own progenitor, even my foam cutout of my FN-49 is more sexy.

Attached: 6812016e-c57b-4fef-b6e1-0c07b0386dd9..jpg (4032x3024, 3.15M)

Attached: b2d049cb-bcc6-4309-bbcc-320da74698a4..jpg (4032x3024, 3.97M)

Better than a G3, M1A, M14..

Attached: 20190119_000918.jpg (1950x2598, 2.74M)

Rhodesia?

What are some of the transitional rifles that happened in 40s and 50s that weren't like FAL or G3 and others or assault rifles?
Ljungman and rasheed are some of those but I know damn well that there is a lot more there than just ww2 rifles and sks.
I have taken some interest in those as there haven't been dedicated threads for those.

Attached: IMG_20190219_200140180.jpg (4032x2259, 1.84M)

You can thank beretta

FN49 is a great example. Also the MAS 49 and arguably the M14

Most are interesting.
I might be buying M1A/M14 or ljungman in the future or m1 carbine but first I get myself vepr, colt dragoon and plinker.
I like old wood self-loaders, might be my inner fudd.

How well do Thermold plastic mags work on a FAL? Those are the only ones I could find in stock in Finland. Brownell also ships DSArms mags occasionally, but they are out of stock now. Are the thermold ones good enough, or does someone know where to find better mags that ship to Europe? I want to stock up on 20-round mags before they all get banned, or at least way harder to get.

I posted about wanting to get an M1A or M14 yesterday. I'm thinking about getting a pre-ban springfield now, 1983 manufacture date. Can those handle both 308 and 7.62x51 and are they p damn good overall? I'm in a cuck state so getting a pre ban one would let me do a bit more with it than anything newer than 1994 manufactured.

this i bought it because cold war aesthetics

i tried running some old ar10 mags through it at a match and it choked (not sure if its the random mags or random ammo) but that was the only problem ive had with it using a variety of brass 308

i was hitting 55 gallon minute of man 55 gallon drums at the last machine gun shoot from 400 yards no problem so its accurate at least

here is a transferable L1A2 kit on a metric fn made venezuelan contract receiver that is a work of art. the brake is super effective on full auto to the point of it kicks the gun almost slightly down instead of rising when shooting

Attached: 2019-03-22 14.13.19.jpg (3226x2420, 3.39M)

>It's inferior in every way compared to other combat rifles.
If your ideal is muh high speed low drag and you spend most of your time riding in some kind of vehicle.
Saying a particular gun is "inferior" to other types isn't really a judgement of its actual capability, unless it is actually a malfunctioning piece of shit.

Attached: falgirl2.jpg (1422x1969, 136K)

Attached: IMG_20180414_191435_009.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Mine works great

Budget AR-10. Windham Weaponry DPMS platform. Its decent, spent less than $800 on it brand new so I'm not complaining yet. The magazine it came with sucks, and in my non-free state finding standard capacity magazines is a PITA.

Attached: eDAF.jpg (2952x5248, 2.79M)

holy fuck I am so jealous. cool shit

Thanks for buying from my local gunshop

Guys what the FUCK is going on.
I'll start here. Also hey guys it's been awhile, though I never posted in here regularly cuz i ain't go no battle rifle.

Where are all the battle rifles???
Budsguns and Atlantic both severely lacking in the real fuckin NATO department and I have no clue why.
Last year when I was shopping around there were PTR91s and M1As galore. Hell, even most of the FALs were on Atlantic Firearms no prob.

Now the vast majority are sold out or otherwise out of stock.... I wasn't too shocked by Atlantic's lack of stock, it was kind of expected but buds and their boomer M1As too? Fuck. Most standard M1As are gonezo surprisingly, even a lot of the higher tier ones.

Pic mildly related. Only 2 PTRs up on buds atm. Last week the PTR 91 w/ green furniture was there with

Attached: whatisgoingon.png (526x220, 24K)

Didn't buy it from a shop, had it FFL transferred from a website. Or is this some sort of meme I am not understanding?

Oh and Scar17s on buds have found homes it seems. Every last one.
Every lgs I've visited in my Texas region (and another region hundreds of miles away) is lacking M14s.
The only lgs i've found that "has them" has them posted online and massively overpriced by $300.

Sweet k31

I live next to Windham Weaponry

Oh nice! What are your thoughts on them generally? Most people respond to that question "like bushmaster when they where still good", but they don't seem to be as popular as I would expect based on the prices and offerings.

DSA has folding charging handles for FALs in stock right now

Attached: baking with FAL.jpg (2971x1569, 984K)

Well they sure like non freefloat handguards. I've never actually gone in

Sold out already?

Every review I've seen says they work just fine.

Attached: xeUlApM[2].jpg (640x480, 101K)

built an AR10, now what is the go to brands of Ammo to test accuracy? Currently only have (((IMI))) and advises are appreciated

I just got my first M1A. It's the Loaded version from Springfield Armory.

Kike Space AK

Attached: 20190328_135202.jpg (2560x1440, 1011K)

Whats a good ACOG for for a .308 AR-10? Preferably with green reticle + RMR. Or just get a Elcan?

Attached: 1429132822943.png (382x417, 251K)

>elcan
What is it 2005?
Personally I like the TA33 but it does have a small FOV. 55gr 556 and 150gr 762 are basically the same so if you find a used 556 one for cheap just get it.
ACSS is a dope reticle though, not available on TA33

youtube.com/watch?v=ICMf1nmz3nE

Is there anywhere I can get a Type A or B bayonet for my imbel FAL? I don't really like the type C socket bayonet. DSA has a type A Israeli, but it requires the israeli barrel and doesn't work with a flash hider.

what are aftermarket buttstock options for the ace?

>"Lets make a new run of Galils for the goyim, but let's slap a bunch of plastic shit all over it so it looks nothing like a Galil and none of them will want to give us shekels for one"
What were they thinking?

Attached: wm_1670635.jpg (3072x2304, 745K)

Where can I get wood ARM furniture? I cant find shit.

This okay? opticsplanet.com/trijicon-ta11e-acog-35x35-scope-red-chevron-bac-308-ta51-flattop.html

They're fucking yuge which is why I said TA33

oke

From aimsurplus? Either way - please keep us updated! I really like the look of those and hope they shoot as good as they look.... which isn't normally the case with Italian guns.

On the topic of FALs - how are the Hesse receivers?

garbage - avoid at all costs

I want a good fal but dont want to build it myself. How are DSA israeli fals? They fine?

I just want an unholy abomination like this.

Attached: FN-SKS.jpg (600x450, 57K)

L2A1's are sex.

Attached: FAL L2A1 SLR.png (1199x656, 534K)

>better than a G3
Dream on

the FAL is superior to the G3 with better ergos, better sights, muh last round hold open, better take down and better control layout than on the G3.

Attached: vince.gif (426x213, 989K)

That's why I'm building an arm 308. Ace is an abomination. I'm having trigger pack concerns as to what to use but I'm focusing on the barrel first

Just ugly
Your digits won't save you

>Building a 308 galil
I remember a little while back some annon bought a bunch of really heavily rusty / corroded barrels for like $800.00 and though he can save them w/ electrolysis?

These things were utterly fucked. They look like they were on the bottom of the ocean for 40 years bad

One of the funniest posts I've seen in a long time

Attached: 1546480836848-1.jpg (615x410, 35K)

They're not Italian guns. They're made in the U.S. with U.S. receivers and barrels and a limited number of surplus parts.

Kek once the barrels are fucked there done.
Nah I'm turning down and chambering a new barrel from a blank. Tortort is taking forever to ship and pacific tool and gauge has a 4 fucking week wait on 308 gauges and never notified me then wants to charge me 15% restocking fee for an item that does not exist yet.

Top jewery right there

>fucking week wait on 308 gauges and never notified me then wants to charge me 15% restocking fee for an item that does not exist yet.

God damn.

Attached: 1506632977172.jpg (1024x878, 96K)

I'm not sure what to do because I spent 250 bucks on a set of reams and gauges and they'll calculate the restocking fee from the net total. So just about half of the price of the gauges will be "restocking fee". Don't buy your gauges from those merchants

fill out a BBB complaint or something, that's a bunch of bullshit bro. Burn them

Battle rifles are trash. Cumbersome, awkward, bad sights, terrible mounts, awful accuracy, less ability to carry tons of ammo. Trash. Garbage.

I'm going to attempt to call them tomorrow. I've only been contacting them by email. I'll escalate accordingly if need be. A teammate of mine worked for them over the summer and had relatives there. I might try to reach out to him

Ugly? I think they look sweet

>Cumbersome, awkward, bad sights
describes your terrible genes
>terrible mounts, awful accuracy
describes how you fuck

Attached: meow.jpg (540x529, 41K)

Damn dude how well does your family know the law? Lmao
308 should be fine if you're not shooting real hot hunting loads

Congrats user, post pics

Handguard is weird to me

Attached: vy8ge81.jpg (1600x1200, 727K)

If only they made a stamped version.