Beginner AR. Jow Forumsid here, advice please

Hey guys early 20’s Jow Forumsommandet here, so I am finally investing in my first rifle purchase ever, and the reason I’m choosing AR is because of all the crazy stuff that’s been happening in the world and I need something that can equal an opponent who brings a similar or greater threat to my freedom and family, etc.

My budget is 750$ Total no more than that.

Id at least like :
•a rail / guard that supports the following:
•close to mid range sights
•foregrip
•sling

Umm i think thats about it for now thnx.

Attached: FF94A1A0-F7B2-4539-96D2-E0CE9404C1A9.png (700x464, 692K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=o5f1Fo4r4_I
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4-carbine-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-rifle-kit.html
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-1-7-nitride-15-lightweight-m-lok-upper-with-bcg-ch-5165449680.html
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar15-moe-ept-lower-odg-516446916.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh yeah and a gun that works!

Eats and feeds bullets with no issues!
No jams or melting guards etc!

your speech patterns remind me of someone from reddit

Go AR-10 for that PUNCH. AR-15 is good for most things, but if your target is rocking anything somewhat armor-plated, you're going to want a bigger punch.

stop spreading lies, 308 is not going to defeat any common plate armor with fmj or sp

m.youtube.com/watch?v=o5f1Fo4r4_I
2:00

No i never go there, i just don’t know the full Jow Forums lingo even though ive been on here since 2012...

Buy an M&P Sport II. Buy a sling. Buy a sig Romeo optic if you decide you need one. You're done

Greentip can go through a few things surplus 308 can't. Grain weight isnt everything.

OP I'd get a radical firearms or palmetto state in 556 and then spend the extra 200 bucks on a primary arms micro dot and a cheapo light. AK Operators Union on YouTube has done a few vids with palmetto and radical rifles I'd recommend you watch a few of those.

What kind of sling for the budget patriot??

Buy a ferro slingster. It will probably be the gucciest bit on that whole gun.

What about a PSA AR? I got to see and hold them at the store in greenville SC and they looked nice.

Self BUMP for more help and advice

Attached: 2AE456DB-5DAB-4AC7-9B1C-C7C6B9E7DBF4.jpg (1080x1080, 185K)

They're totally fine. Don't listen to the gaytards who tell you they aren't.

I would drop $400 on a PSA, get a $50 blue force vickers or ferro sling, and spend the other $300 on a vortex red dot and magnifier combo.

Israeli army sling. It attaches with paracord and is nice and wide and comfy. Pic related.

Attached: idf chicks with slung a2s.jpg (800x500, 128K)

What would your choice of vortex magnifier combo be??

Attached: 81E8BE9B-3853-498C-8157-38EB11888EEF.jpg (735x744, 148K)

this, but without a magnifier

You can find the Sparc AR red dot for about $100 these days. Its not the best in terms of battery life, but it does use AAA, battery can be changed without rezeroing, and it's very durable. You can find vortex's magnifier, the vmx-3t, for anywhere from $150-$200, which is a steal for the quality.

>2019
>red dot+magnifier

y i k e s

i'm just of the view that an AR without a magnified optic in is wasteful. one of the great things about 5.56 is the ballistics, and one of the great things about the AR platform is its inherent accuracy, so why not make those things work for you? engaging targets accurately at 300m with irons is *doable*, but it sure isn't *as easy as it could be*.

i have LPVOs too. they both have their strengths and weaknesses. for primarily short range, defense-type rifles that might occasionally need to reach out to 300, i prefer dot + magnifier.

This is the thread I was looking for. What lower and tool should I get for this kit?

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4-carbine-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-rifle-kit.html

AR General seems to be nothing but people hate fucking each other.

>palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4-carbine-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-rifle-kit.html

This is both cheaper and better:

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-1-7-nitride-15-lightweight-m-lok-upper-with-bcg-ch-5165449680.html

... the lower, I would just go with:

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar15-moe-ept-lower-odg-516446916.html

...you'll be out the door for under $400. It will be a great rifle.

>..you'll be out the door for under $400
apparently my math sucks. a blonde hair over $400