Give me one reason Artillery isn't the best branch

> Get almost all of the benefits of being a POG
> When you do go to the field, it's literally just boyscouts with really big guns. Very little grunt BS.
> Still get to shoot crew served weapons, like .50 cal and Mk. 19.
> If there's another war or surge, you'll quite possibly get to kick in doors and stack bodies.
> Use mils like a patrician.
> Officially the Chad of Battle, instead of the bitch of battle like Infantry.

Attached: gruntvsredleg.png (2500x1250, 1014K)

Other urls found in this thread:

media.defense.gov/2018/Oct/03/2002047941/-1/-1/1/PROVIDING-FOR-THe-COMMON-DEFENSE-SEPT-2018.PDF
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Party with Arty

This but unironically
One arty shell is going to do more damage than an entire squad of grunts will

> Give me one good reason arty isn't the best
Counter-battery fire

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I've been in two Artillery units. You fuckers are annoying.

Also, modern warfare tactics being utilized by
the Russians makes you obsolete, if not completely dead.

You take hours to setup your assets, whereas the russians have made everything mobile such as their weapon systems and command posts.

Seriously... a TOC? Why? A nice tent for the enemy to aim at and take out all our comms and leadership?

Fucking dumb.

But mortars (and designated riflemen) do use mils.

lolll whatever you say bro in a war with russia we wouldnt even have to crack open the rations. kill em all and be home in time for dinner

In a real war, we're going to need 13 series fire more than them kicking in doors.

Funny how the Pentagon thinks you are an idiot, maybe they are onto something.

>If the United States went to war with Russia or China tomorrow, the military would almost certainly suffer a " decisive military defeat," so far that the "security and wellbeing" of the U.S. "are at greater risk than at any time in decades," according to an alarming new assessment of the Trump administration's 2018 National Defense Strategy.

media.defense.gov/2018/Oct/03/2002047941/-1/-1/1/PROVIDING-FOR-THe-COMMON-DEFENSE-SEPT-2018.PDF

Translation, give us more money.

Stop falling for this shit

Enjoy patrolling anyway when they don’t need you to pull details or guard duty.

Attached: Mortar carrier.webm (854x480, 1.61M)

Who do you think is out there making call for fire?

t. Scoutfag

Attached: 1526176202558.gif (500x281, 454K)

Attached: submunitions.webm (640x564, 2.8M)

Try reading the report rather than just assume their contents, makes you look like an ass.

The biggest lesson in the report is that we are more or less at the same technological level as our neer peers. That technological advantage gap has been closing for some time, a gap that previously represented an upper-hand. And while we have been focused on fighting hajj for two decades, China and Russia have been more focused on fighting us than vice versa.

You're too comfortable fighting third world countries. Wait till you're fighting a near-peer advisary.

seriously, the shit we've gotten away with because we were fighting uneducated fucks with AK's and no real firepower, is not gonna fly in the upcoming conflict.

Artillery is gonna be one of the branches who gets hit the worst. Our enemies know our tactics and are planning accordingly

>banging female POGs
are you retarded?

WHAT?

Attached: IMG_0708.jpg (500x411, 62K)

>Wait till you're fighting a near-peer advisary.
>Artillery is gonna be one of the branches who gets hit the worst.
Yep. Hiding on FOBs instead of being in the FIELD. Neglecting SP artillery and training them to operate about the same as towed.

The thing is none of them have relevant experience either. Willingness to fight and logistics will end up being the deciding factors.

Shut the fuck up zog bot

>Artillery
>its own branch

We could economically cripple Russia significantly without even having to engage in a serious war. We forced Ivan to pull out of the Baltic’s in the 90s by merely threatening to withdraw their IMF loans

I was gonna say that

FFS, read the goddamn report.

The whole thing posits that our FOB security will not exist at all in a near-peer fight. Our FOBs survive in large-part because we have air-superiority. That advantage will not be so secure fighting Russia and China.
>F-35s & F-22s targeted on the airfield before takeoff
>satellites knocked out at opening of conflict
>AShM keeping our Carrier Groups outside their own operational capability.
>maritime logistical ships will be open targets, without the ability to resupply ground troops.
>that our ground positions will be overrun by overwhelming ground and air forces.

Make an argument outside of "lol" and name calling you goddamn child. More and more I'm believing that you are cherry 13B stoked on himself who is prideful in their own voluntary ignorance. You fags were migraine-inducing when I was enlisted, trying to educate the willingly retarded.

Attached: IMG_0058.jpg (640x480, 156K)

Hmmm lose against an army that can barely afford to feed and clothe it's grunts or lose against an army that can't force project and only has combat experience with India or political/religious minorities.

Russia too poor, China too backwards and both woefully incapable of air and naval supremacy along with supply chain failures and still.a.HUGE technology gap.

Attached: 1551935697302.jpg (640x638, 115K)

Fellow scoutfag

>Hmmm lose against an army that can barely afford to feed and clothe it's grunts or lose against an army that can't force project and only has combat experience with India or political/religious minorities.
Have you heard of Vietnam? There was a war there once that you might want to look up. That or the Korean war.

It is, in the Army Infantry, Arty, Aviation, etc are all different branches with their own color and insignia.

We only use FOBs for counter insurgences. In a conventional war everything would be spread out behind the front line, or very far in the rear away from the action.

How to bump a thread 101

Vietnam was barely a war, if it was a real war it would’ve been like Korea or ended in WW3

>Vietnam
>a politically hamstrung conflict where the USA made no attempt at a serious offensive into North Vietnam

I listen to those who best know, with resources/information not available to you, I, or the public.

>DIA says a threat is real and considerable
>"everyone forget about it"
>"some user on Jow Forums says we're good"

FOBs exist in the same sense in a conventional conflict as an unconventional be it as a focused logistics line to forward deployed units.

FOBs have always existed in modern conventional conflict, just by different names.

Lol Korea war got basically no attention because everyone was focusing on Russia so the troops in Korea had shit supplies, were freezing their asses off and got stuck in those shitty mountains.

Here’s the end-all-be-all reason why artillery isn’t the best branch: the Chemical Corps exists

Yes but NK still got they’re shit pushed in all the way to china until the horde of bugmen saved their ass

>Also, modern warfare tactics being utilized by
>the Russians makes you obsolete, if not completely dead.
The Ukrainian conflict is pretty much defined by artillery. If it's good enough for totally-not-Russians I assume it is good enough for uniformed ones as well.

And we had nearly the same number of casualties in three years of war as we did of ten years in Vietnam.

Norks got their shit pushed in, but so did we and a large number of UN troops.

>after 20 years with no results the politicians pulls the military out
If the military wasnt so incompetent then the politicians wouldnt have been forced to pull out. They had 20 years to win and they fucked it.

Korea was a stalemate and time has favored the chinese.

You do realize that it’s taken china nearly 70 years just to get where the US was pre WW2 right? If the US today went full war economy like WW2 there would be no hope for the chinks

Oh you mean the "war" where America tried to just hold onto a specific area of land? Where they let the enemy keep taking land then fighting them off in an attempt to bleed troops? We had the power and the training to take Vietnam but didn't because muh hearts and minds.

No we didn’t take the fight north because it would drag in Russia fully and most definitely start WW3

Because "artillery" is not a branch.

Pre ww2 in what terms?
>If the US today went full war economy
The thing is the US can't. We would never allow the goverment to do it. The social tensions are too high to pull something off like that and are only increasing. And even if the people were OK with the country going to war economy there would be no will to fight in Asia against a nuclear power. It would be like ww2 where America is the English Empire.

>Don't make major offensives
>Somehow, you don't win

>THE KIIIIING OF BAAATLE
>THE FIELD AAAARTILLLERREEEEEEEEYYYYYYY

Yeah, all that non-com at experience theyve accumulated for 20 years is worrisome

Experience is one thing, access is another. A lot of guys working with intelligence are prior service (went to school with one and applying myself), and a lot aren't. Most guys on the ground are only working on a small fraction of what is known higher up the chain.

Despite our overall two decade focus on hajj, there are still plenty of folks whose entire job is analyzing near-peer competitors. Guy above is now with DIA, and that is his day-in, day-out job.

Yeah, when the chinks figure out how to field a decent blue water Navy I'll stop and ruminate on the impact of their quantum bullshit. The Russians can barely afford to play in the sand. The fact remains that we could downsize our army by half and still just laugh while our "near peers" struggle to paddle their way across an ocean

Attached: 1552412448194m.jpg (1024x636, 89K)

WHAT??????

AShMs are only a problem if they're in range. The Russian Navy isn't nearly as good as the USN, or even the RN. The Chinese are building island bases because they can't field a real Navy. The PLAN is at best a littoral force and no amount of Chinese shilling is going to change that. NATO navies would dominate the seas and pummel any foreign nations

Bullshit. WW2 wasn't popular in the 40s and any major conflict would play out the same. Some defeat or attack drummed by the Gov for propaganda. Suppression of decent by laws we've had on the books since the fucking WILSON administration. Any dissenters would have the book thrown at them. It would be like the few years after 9/11 on roids.

>the DIA
>being accurate with foreign intelligence
El em ayyy oh

The Chinese have been putting as much funding into their 2nd Artillery Corps as we did for SAC against the Soviets.

The problem is not only if they are in range, but if we are as well. Spamming a CSG with hundreds of DF-21s (900 kilometer nautical range vs the roughly 500km coverage supported by Carrier Ops) is not outside the realm of possibility.

I'm a drunk old army fag, and likely fucked up my figures on weapons outside my purview. My point through this entire thread is that those who have a clearer picture of all the evidence (not just public-accessible), know better than you or I. Their assessments of the present capability status-quo says we're fucked.

YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO SPEAK UP! I HAVE ARTILLERY EARS!!!

Bruh, im an RN squid. Let me tell you that the USN SSGNs are purpose built to rape exactly that sort of situation. I've tracked the Ohio's on my headset and even KNOWING where they are it's hard to keep them pointed. The PLAN just doesn't have the muscle to protect against a hail of cruise missiles coming down on them from literally nowhere. That's when you send in the CAG. After you've flattened the shore and inland areas with so many cruise missiles that no one is left to laze the landing ships on the beach

IT GOES AWAY EVENTUALLY, DONT WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT IT, THEY MAKE CLOSED CAPTIONS AND TEXT MESSAGING FOR A REASON

>t: Someone who is too young to remember the post 9-11 bloodlust

So? In regards to China, there is no scenario that isn't ZoGtarded where we fight them on land. We only cut a check to Indochina and watch ChiCommies die by the millions

Russia? We should be allies, after expelling the Foreign agents of Israel from Congress, the Pentagon and the "Intel" community. The Baltics? They have had 20 years to give their ethnic Russian minorities rights, or deport them, and have refused out of sheer spite.

Poland? Poland isn't going to attempt to retake Old Prussia, they don't care that much. Maybe they get retarded, like Poles typically do when they govern themselves for any length of time, forget which century it is, and attempt to retake the Ukraine.

In which case, fuck them.

So whats left? Wars for Israel? Bitchslapping the Russians out of Cuba and Venezuela?

This. See . No way would the US just let it go

Concussed

>tfw you're a 27 yo neverserved and will never have a chance to work on peer to peer.
Why even live

Attached: 1532051577078.png (275x272, 148K)

>Have you heard of Vietnam?
Only a serious military defeat for the French and Chinese, the USA suffered a political defeat, a lack of desire of wanting to stay there.

>Korean war
Stalemate, a war in which the Norks started, and then ended up with less land than they originally had IIRC. The objective of securing South Korea was successful.

>China
Jews
>Russia
Jews
>Poland?
Who the fuck mentioned Poland? But Polacks are Jews!

Try to think about other national powers outside of Jews? Are you even capable of having a single thought not involving Jews? That's a serious question.

Attached: i dunno.jpg (960x717, 71K)

I never understood why people use these 2 examples. In Korea we only retreated back because our politicians didn't want to follow our generals into mainland China. In Vietnam we had completely crippled the Vietcong and came to a peace agreement with the NVA before we withdrew. We could have kept them out of the south indefinitely if the politicians hadn't been afraid of reelection. Seriously in both of these cases we were fighting countries with the weight of China and the Soviet union behind them. In north Vietnam we weren't even allowed to kill open targets like aircraft and tanks.

Attached: 1544109220579.jpg (960x925, 91K)

>artillery is a branch
whatever, POG nation brothers

Attached: 1547228955362.png (500x376, 200K)

>kills an entire generation in their home country
did i do thaaat

>The enemies arty is the best
You played yourself

>Willingness to fight
So United States is def going to lose. Imagine being a soldier and deployed to real combat, only to see on the news someone who's angry that there isn't enough diversity and transgender people in command.

>Give me one reason Artillery isn't the best branch

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Lol this.
Fucking based.

EeeeEeeeeeeEeeeeeEeEeeee
Eternal mwap says hi!
EeereEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEeeeeee

You mean the Vietnamese who absolutely rekt China AFTER the USA withdrawal?

China is a paper tiger otherwise the Xi wouldn't be intimidated by a fucking Winnie the Pooh.

Of course it's a threat to the military industrial complex funding. They need .gov bucks and why not the country who builds empty cities while most still shit in the street in 1950s agrarian and industrial conditions

Attached: 1551968414777.jpg (700x460, 265K)

Aircraft

Attached: Hello McFly.jpg (424x318, 43K)

Artillery master race reporting in.

Any more Jow Forumsannoneers around ?

>he doesn’t know
Found the neverserved

Attached: E5DB3797-023E-46D0-8772-4BE7CD9583EF.gif (450x253, 2.99M)

You forgot
>has never heard anything in his life
>body broken by shockwaves and lifting actually made him stronger

>be grunt
>make several calls for arty in career
>none get greenlit, always passed to rotary or fixed wing beczuse waiting for the fatass arty pogs to stop napping and set thier shit up takes longer than literally just flying in an appache, cobra, or A-10 from 150 miles away does

The only exception to this is HIMARS, who always seemed to have everything on point, but HIMARS isnt really true arty.

>muh politicians

>still.a.HUGE technology gap
Literally where?

>he didn't sign up for Intelligence and spend all his weekends playing at Bellows/Waimea/Ko Olina/Waikiki
pleb

Attached: apubluelagoon.png (1024x461, 127K)

We lose war games with Russia all the time. Our military machine is powerful but it takes for fucking ever to get everything rolling. Russians are quick. We also rely heavily on comms which are easily jammed by other technological countries like Russia and China. Results in a lot of gridlock for us but they train a lot for being able to operate without direction or an understanding of what's going on. Plus, our personnel in general is just getting incredibly shitty. Most of the officers these days are trannies, women, and pencil-necked bugmen whose only interest is climbing the career ladder. Lots of good grunts still but even they are full of spics and niggers.

He's right, we really should ally with Russia and expel them.

>any of this
No.
>t.Marine

>american mils
Yikers, true patricians use the 60 00 system

YOU HAVE FERTILITY FEARS? IM SURE YOURE SPERMS FINE MAN

Fuck calling yourselfs "scouts" Fisters clear the way!

Attached: 1551740870069.gif (390x277, 2.31M)

Scouts don't know shit about call for fire. At best you mongoloids can run immediate smoke or suppression on known points but beyond that you're fucking useless.

t. FISTer who had to teach scouts to do CFF

assuming we dont open up our box of alien tech and remind everyone for millionth time...please dont fuck with western whity..

Imagine choosing a combat arms job with the second shortest life span in a conventional fight.
No thanks, I want to live. Light infantry is ironically the safest thing to be in the Fulda gap. At least I'll survive long enough to get nuked.

They don’t need much to invade Japan

I wonder what they then asked for after this finding. It couldn't be they wanted more money.

If we spend the most money on the military out of all countries and we got beat by Russia then they should all he fucking fired and have our military completely rebuilt.

And if they just sit there like Saddam’s Army that would be wonderful, but they aren’t and the Chinese coast isn’t a desert. It’s not like they’d be above putting missile shaped mockups on trucks to make themselves look bigger on the world stage.

Fisters rise up

Wagner group plz go

One of the benefits of being a medic is that I've had the chance to be with a few types of units.

Engineers: Best drinkers in the military and good ol boys who know how to have a good time. Get to blow shit up.

Combat Support Hospital: everyone just acts like civilians. Full of brats. You talk to colonels like you're friends or some shit. Get a ton of knowledge tho.

Infantry: do door kicker shit and get to tell civvies stories they actually give a shit to hear. Sleeping in the woods with the boys are the best memories. They call you doc and that's cool.

Artillery: Boring. Don't even get to watch the shit blow up. So much ego for fucking nothing. Never sat so much in my life.

ayyy lmao where my Fisters at??!
Scoutfags absolutely BTFOd by the chad fisters. Go larp in your cowboy hat somewhere else spurfags

Attached: pepeFO.gif (300x168, 1.6M)