Armor

What's the next generation of armor materials, either body or for tanks and vehicles?

Attached: tankbiathlon2016final-28.jpg (1486x963, 221K)

how the fuck are a bunch of nogun NEETs on an anonymous anime girl worshipping forum supposed to know

Attached: 1552463666133.gif (500x500, 819K)

OPs moms fat pusy lmao

Dried cum.

Autism

He's not wrong.

Tank armor hasn't meaningfully advanced in a generation. Active protection systems have gotten all of the attention lately.

Improvements in reactive armor, directed energy weapons and other electronic countermeasures, and less actual armor in the conventional sense.

Carbon nano tubes polymers. Very light, very strong.

US/Russia: Steel and DU passive armor with various reactive armors.
Everyone else: Steel and tungsten passive armor with various reactive armors.

Passive armor is developed to the point that going any further is not worth the expense.

Maybe we'll have some exotic materials in the somewhat near future, but it'll probably be the same basic concept until then. The two most interesting developments are Bulk metallic glass and metallic foam.

Why not tungsten carbide? It's twice the hardness of steel.

Also why isn't depleted uranium plating used on tanks due to it's density?

Nano ceramics + advanced steel alloys. With a small enough grain structure the ceramics don't shatter, the newest steels approach almost 2x plain RHA. Supposedly they reach about 5x the protection of RHA per weight against both HEAT and KE weapons. The NERA armor on Abrams and challengers performs almost as well against HEAT but has almost no advantage against KE so they had to resort to depleted uranium - titanium alloys as additional armor.

Advanced ceramics are likely very expensive which makes it difficult if you want to build 5000+ tanks like with the Abrams. While DU is effectively a waste product and virtually free if you have significant nuclear programs. Only the Leo2 evo is known to make heavy use of it, 2a5 and newer might have had it's original NERA replaced with ceramics but it doesn't have large amounts as the evo does.

Attached: 1412502710_eurosatory-2014-ibd-nanotech_2.jpg (1280x960, 122K)

Now this is the autism I'm looking for

I reckon Graphene would be used in Armor

>Leo2 evo
Im hoping you are not referencing to armored warfare because thats only thing i found on that "Leo2 evo"

Attached: 1552785365611.jpg (1024x768, 246K)

GaN coated armor behind ERA. This makes the Chinese tank a super radar yet impregnable to any and all Western weapons. With an APS that can deflect anything from .45 to 125mm, a Chinese tank can handle anything while providing everything to Chinese infantry.

>Tank armor hasn't meaningfully advanced in a generation
That is if you have assburgers and refuse to switch from depleted uranium.

Attached: t-14 (9).jpg (1280x911, 172K)

>Tank armor hasn't meaningfully advanced in a generation.
Not really. New alloys and materials are born every month. Problems are:
a) cost
b) rare-earth materials
Your next-gen armor will be either extremely expensive to produce, because of some advanced technique required to make an alloy or it will require some metals that are sold by Russia and China only.

>US/Russia: Steel and DU passive armor with various reactive armors.
>Everyone else: Steel and tungsten passive armor with various reactive armors.

>Passive armor is developed to the point that going any further is not worth the expense.

Jeez you know nothing. DU and tungsten are used in APFSDS KE penetrators, not for armor. Only US ever used DU for armor which is retarded as fuck as DU is one of the most dense materials on the planet, aka heavy as fuck.
Modern tank armor is made from ceramic composites which weigh 1/10th of DU and provide superior protection.l

>Im hoping you are not referencing to armored warfare because thats only thing i found on that "Leo2 evo"
They keep changing the name of it, sometimes you see it advertised as mbt revolution as well. They just refurbish existing leo2 with some of the parts from the evo/revolution demonstrators depending on what the customer wants. I think the singapore leo2s are the closest to the entire upgrade anyone has bought. The applique armor is some variation of the AMAP armor on the puma and lynx APCs but the thickness and composition is unknown. On the lynx and puma it's high hardness steel/nano ceramics/ high hardness steel then the vehicle hull. The biggest difference between the leo2 "evo" and the normal 2a5,2a6 and 2a7 is the applique around the top of the hull near the driver and the sides of the hull and turret. The regular leo2 variants have very limited armor everywhere besides the front.

Attached: f4fb8c4c.jpg (1600x1600, 391K)

Is he ok?

Somewhere at the end of the line You are hitting the projected cost of $ 1million per tonne of the vehicle, at least such tale comes from the burger NGCV program.

Also Hitlerpot is getting all Leo2A6 upgraded to 2A7

20mm secondary turrets on top of the regular turret with hyper sensitive RADAR and such shooting enemy missiles right out of the sky, along with anything else thats too big and fast to not get detected and fired on. Thus turning tank duels into ordnance and rate fo fire wars.

Exotic metallic glasses.

>A single tank grown and incubated in a massive foundry to be a monocrystalline invincible behemoth

when

tell me when

Attached: 1323222240001.jpg (600x600, 32K)

I think that DU being so dense is what makes it so usefull against kinetick penetrators.

My dick can only get so hard

>This entire post
You're goddamn retarded, dude

the meme answer is now and forever long carbon nanotubes.
If you want to go really crazy self healing materials.
Alternatively mechanical compliant materials that spread applied forces across the tank using microscopic force switches.
The realistic answer is likely a new type of ceramic.

Or exotic material laid down in thousands of micro layers as a laminate. Like Heavy Object style. I'm wondering if you could weave the carbon nanotubes in a different direction every layer across, say 5,000 layers, and how effective it would be.

Attached: Rainier-Arms-670x446.jpg (670x446, 31K)

>no Prince Rupert's drop glas tank
Imagine an unpenetrable tank made of glas that has a tiny weak spot that would vaporize the whole tank into a hailstorm of broken glas.

METAL GEAR?

Reclaimed, nano-assembled unthinking, unfeeling warmachines with just an imprint of tormented consciousness doing the bare minimum to keep it going before inevitably being destroyed and reclaimed again.

Attached: Kbot.jpg (1280x720, 457K)

>Tfw the radar looks clear
>Tfw a peeper making a routine patrol
>It uncovered a cluster of radar hammers
>You discover there's 20 krogoths right in front of your defenses

The power of the shaped charge will cleanse tanks of their sandniggotry

Attached: DPRK9.jpg (716x1196, 168K)

Smaller and more plentiful active defenses. Passive defense is largely looking to remain the same, but DU is going to become more commonplace as other countries play catchup.