YOu didn't remember what day it was today, did you Jow Forums?

Remember always to store your guns it Fort Knox safes and buy only AC-Delco batteries. And give your respects to a great American in this thread.

Attached: yeager first sonic boom.png (558x279, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uRf8WfuKkEc
youtube.com/watch?v=8ArflgRec7o&list=PL2Z5eArmhbzCpdOMqAJGWJOJDcnykwydp&index=11&t=0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

10-4

>don't do it, it's like hitting concrete
>don't do it, your wife will be a widow
>don't do it, your arm is broken
FUCK IT 321GO
absolute madman!

Didn't German pilots in me-163s break the sound barrier before him, though?

He had a cracked rib, not the arm. But yeah, he was and is a madman
Nah, they claimed but modern computer sims of the flight model show that it would have been more or less impossible because reasons

damn i wish the nazis won the war instead of the jews

I'll be honest, I'd fucking believe it. The me163 komet was the most autistic plane ever built. It had a fucking climb speed faster than an f15, in 1941.

We all do

youtu.be/uRf8WfuKkEc

I watched a documentary that said they where pretty damn close but didn’t really pass I and the test pilot remembers the terrible sound of flying near the speed of sound.

Don't we all.

I cant remember any of the stories but Chuck spent a good chunk of the war fucking with his buddies. He seems like a really cool dude.

Chuck Yeager stayed at my uncle's house during a trip to Mexico for a fishing trip. I got a signed copy of his book. This was at least 20 years ago.

based chucky-boy roasting wehraboos

Attached: yeager shitposting.png (835x369, 66K)

>Didn't German pilots in me-163s break the sound barrier before him, though?

No, aerodynamics of the aircraft wouldn't allow it.

I had no idea. Thanks.
Actually? Also nice dubs.

>farm boy mechanic with minimal education and is too old for pilot training, flies state of the art aircraft during WWII and brakes the sound barrier post-war
Wish we could go back...
I'd kill for the opportunity he had.

There was a claim that an Me 262 pilot unintentionally broke it but damn near died trying to pull out of it.
Supposedly the Me 262 was capable of reaching those speeds.

Attached: 0138.jpg (1920x1248, 458K)

>Supposedly the Me 262 was capable of reaching those speeds.
Nope.

How the fuck is he still alive
Well God bless him, fucking based

Fuck you and your nazi ideology.
youtube.com/watch?v=8ArflgRec7o&list=PL2Z5eArmhbzCpdOMqAJGWJOJDcnykwydp&index=11&t=0s

>ywn unknowingly shoot down a the first jet in combat
Also FUCK that image is aesthetic, wish we still had such aesthetics

international bolshevism is SOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKKKKINGGG GAYYYYYYYYYY DUDE

I revel in the annihilation of the Third Reich but I kinda wish they could have gotten a prototype of the coal powered ramjet in the air. Imagine how much better the luftwaffe could have done against the allied bombers if they had a working Lippisch P.13a. They would have been able to keep more of their 88mm guns on the eastern front. Delaying the righteous Soviet revenge rapes.

>The aircraft never made it past the drawing board, but testing of wind-tunnel models in the DVL high-speed wind tunnel showed that the design had extraordinary stability into the Mach 2.6 range

Attached: 300px-Lippisch_P-13A.jpg (300x225, 9K)

Yes.
However just because it can reach those speeds doesn't mean that it can control itself or come out of it unscathed.
The purported claim mentioned how his Me 262's metal had became warped and was missing some rivets.

Yeager's a badass.
>Two days before he broke the sound barrier, Yeager and his wife were racing horses in the desert at night. Chuck crashed into a gate, got thrown from his horse and broke two of his ribs. Instead of going to the base doctor, who he feared would scratch his upcoming flight, he went to a doctor in a nearby town.
>Once Chuck was inside the Orange Beast, Ridley would come down and close the door behind Yeager, who then had to reach a handle with his right arm to lock the door. His broken ribs now made this move impossible. So he and Ridley rigged a broomstick in the handle to allow Yeager to use both arms to close it.
Miss out on making history? Hell no!

Not much better at all. The issue is that the Luftwaffe did not have experienced pilots left or the resources to train new ones by the time they began employing these advanced aircraft. It was really a common issue across the entirety of the Wehrmacht by 1944. Advanced weapons are useless without anyone who can field them effectively.