Trijicon acogs

Honest opinions

Attached: A848C6E2-C27C-477D-BFFB-EE30CB17ABE8.jpg (400x400, 50K)

They're god-tier for shooting from 100-800 meters but kind of expensive.

In my humble opinion the best all-around optic for the AR but I had to spend a lot of time figuring out how to use it in the 10-50 meter range when I rolled with one and a red dot would probably be better there.

Very high quality, rugged as shit. You pay for that of course. They are LARP approved by /arg/. Nothing really wrong with them, but application wise they are designed for soldiers in battle. Most recreational shooters would be better suited with a 1x RDS or LPVO like a 1-6x.

I got a 2x mini acog with the red + reticle for my 8" 300 blk build. It's very clear and the reticle is bright when looking through it outdoors. I got mine used on gunbroker for $500 and unfortunately it's old enough that the tritium is dead so the reticle doesn't glow if you're in a dark room. I can't remember for sure without getting the paperwork out of the box but I think it was manufactured in 2006. I need to look into sending it to Trijicon for refurbishment.

Why is the eye relief trash? Side effect of the large field of view?

Once I got one on my service rifle it was impossible not to qualify expert. Totally wouldn't pay for one myself though.

Attached: 1553294479606.jpg (700x1000, 696K)

Yeah I fucking love not being able to have a adjustable eye focus.

outdated thanks to new gucci lpvos
>800 meters
lmao no.

They weigh less than lpvos don’t they?

>Why is the eye relief trash?
Due to it having a convexed eyepiece with no adjustable focus. And scripture on the side whether you want it or not.
M68 to complicated?

They're too fucking expensive. If you can afford one, more power to you.

>spends $1k weekly on traps

From Trijicon website, you might be in luck for free warranty replacement if it was a 2006 mfgr date:

ACOG® Crossbow Scope, ACOG®, MGRS MAG™, Reflex, RMR® (Dual-Illuminated Version), AccuPoint®:

The tritium lamp is warranted to glow for fifteen (15) years in fiber optic scopes and ten (10) years in non-fiber optic scopes from date of original manufacture.

Shut up homo.

If you have uncorrected vision, you need to fix that before spending thousands of dollars on fighting arms anyway.

>you might be
>might be
>might

Solid choice. Light weight, good reticle (TA-31F), good magnification for 99% of what you’ll do on a range, and it’s powered by the fucking sun.

Attached: 628E4FEA-F264-4294-9FF8-502F3D606FC0.jpg (530x482, 22K)

Ahh fuck just saw it says warranty for original owner only. Well, might be worth a shot asking them anyway. Worse they can say is no gotta pay.

An acog is much lighter, more compact, more rugged, and simpler than a lpvos.

Attached: leupold-2.2x.jpg (336x150, 4K)

I used them in Iraq, they're great for helping ID the general area you are taking contact from, and they're tough. Probably only saw 2-3 ever break during my tours. They were out and about on patrol everyday, clearing houses, slamming around in turrets, you name it, and hold up pretty damn well.

>M68
lol no, pog as fuck, only had irons and M16 prior.

>If you have uncorrected vision, you need to fix that before
Get fucked bitch and shut your eyes before you type at me again.

There fucking awesome, I rocked one for several years on my service rifle.
Story time...No shit someone in my unit had his rifle leaning against a mrap and was ground guiding when entering a base. Rifle fell over and was ran over by the mrap and the fucking acog and rifle survived. the ground was loose gravel but nonetheless impressive af. Ive never had issues and no one else did either.

Just ordered mine a ta31f couple days ago when they were on sale from psa. cant wait to take it out.

Here's a question; why the unholy shit are you shooting without anything on to correct your buttfucked vision?

M68 is great < 100m. Anything over the ACOG dominates, especially for giving you visibility and situational awareness

What managed to break them?

>lol no, pog as fuck
Ok Highspeed, learn me something.

W I D E
B O N G O

there are multiple have-serveds in here and you're the only one acting like a salty retard

Stop talking out your ass. It has nothing to do with the focus or concavity of the eyepiece. There's a tradeoff between field of view and eye relief. It's quite intuitive if you think about it for half a second. If the eye relief on the 4x32 ACOG bothers you, you can go to the 3.5x35 model which has a narrower FOV and twice the eye relief.

Attached: distance.gif (1000x700, 1.2M)

Don't remember desu, probably multiple drops on concrete. It was more from extended wear/drops over a few years, the glass shattered.

As a has served 11b, i concur with this.

Stop being a butthurt baby bitch boy

projecting mighty hard bucko, I was implying that I was pog as fuck and never had access or need for a CCO.

Not that it makes any difference to the end user, but the tritium doesn't die, the phosphor does.

>Here's a question;
20/20, no Astigmatism.
>ACOG dominate
Not really, what magnification does is helps a poor shooter, shoot better. It doesn't make them a better shooter across the board.
>B O N G O
O
N
G
O
Peace bitches. 440 is cool.
Ok backyard boy.

Pretty fucking great all around, my only complaint is the eye relief but that's something I can live with.

Attached: WP_20190224_016.jpg (2255x1725, 1.3M)

5.56 is only good to 400 fag, is that you?

>20/20, no Astigmatism.
And you still don't get a clear sight picture.

Something is fucky here, and it's probably your eyes and/or brain, fuckboy.

>fuckboy
Beat you stupid and fuck you silly.

Oh no it's retarded

The regular ingestion of camel spunk took a heavy toll on user.

Attached: WP_20170514_008.jpg (2425x1728, 895K)

Go fuck a goat.

The ACOG actually competes with low power fixed hunting scopes on weight. But I'm not a larper so I'll keep my $300 hunting scope.

Have a TA33 on my 18.5” lightweight AR15. I actually like it better than the TA31. Lighter and great eye relief.
Also have a VX6HD 1-6 on my 300BLK SBR. Absolutely love it as well. They both have their pros and cons. Really depends what you want to do. Also running a EXPS 3-2 (2018 date) on a Colt MRR 11.6 - I just wish Eotech would get with the times and do a motion activated always ON kinda like the Holosun 510c.

Uh, no. The phosphor does degrade from exposure to ionizing radiation, but tritium has a half life of about 12 years. It's not a coincidence that most people find ACOGs get unacceptably dim after 12-15 years.

The magnification helps ID where you're taking contact from which is undoubtedly one of the most tricky parts of combat, be it in the woods or even 100m out in an urban environment. I was in Baghdad and I would have hated the m68, even in close engagement ranges the ACOG was top tier, that's my personal experiences. Identifying targets is extremely hard under duress, and figuring out who has a weapon and who doesn't is nearly impossible with Irons or a red dot
I did a LEM course in the Army with an ACOG and was engaging 600m targets on the 240 range with it, granted your hold is pretty intense and 5.56 is kind of wimpie at that range

You think if I was able to do that I'd be here mocking you?

Attached: smugdeath.jpg (1000x900, 130K)

Expensive. for the money I'd rather buy an Elcan 1-4 power. You cant go wrong either way though

>Expensive. for the money I'd rather buy an Elcan 1-4 power
Those cost about 2x as much as an ACOG...

This. Losing FOV is the big trade-off with scout scopes and the reason they're mostly low power. Even 4x is probably too much for IER.
>t. scoutfag

Ah, my bad. I was confusing it with old radium watch dials.

Ive used a elcan spectre dr, acog, m68, and eotech. honestly elcan isnt anything special, had one on my saw...for the saw its pretty cool but i wouldnt prefer one on a m4/ar platform. m68 vs eotech honestly i would choose eotech.

Imagine paying $1500+ for an optic and being forced to use a A.R.M.S. mount.

I think you would cum in one trying to come up with a pithy comment yes.

>Baghdad
Tell me more about the Green Zone please.

It's pretty nice. Was a decent base there called Prosperity where one of Saddama bombed out palaces was, and some nice foliage. Also good hadji shops. I lived on a COP off of RTE Irish in the Haay-Aamel neighborhood

You sound like a woman

What's wrong with ARMS mount choo choo nerd?

Whiney little bitches indeed.

Obviously not him but it's a pretty archaic QD system nowadays that's relatively fragile, has pisspoor RTZ, and gauges in ways that LaRue would be jealous of.

Best fixed low magnification optics out there.

>eye relief
>Due to it having a convexed eyepiece
mmmmm no, no that's not how it works hun.

>tfw Charlie's Grilled Subs left COP Delta
It was like the fall of Saigon to see those jolly indonesians leave.

*B. Not COP Shocker. They never had Charlie's Grilled Subs. Just IEDs and mortars.

TA33?