Bump Stocks being turned in to South Carolina Police

>“We have seen the bump stocks come in steadily over the last few weeks to our offices in North and South Carolina," Corey Ray, spokesperson for ATF Charlotte, told WECT Tuesday.
>ATF has no plans to destroy the bump stocks they collect and will maintain possession in the local offices for the time being, said Ray.
So are they just keeping the stocks to arm the police force?
The ATF ban wrote an exemption for police/military, right? is this why?

wect.com/2019/03/27/gun-owners-turn-bump-stocks-atf-offices-north-south-carolina/

Attached: south carolina.jpg (1200x600, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6EZ4_EPsvZw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Trumpfags: Y'all gun take muh guns from mah cold dead hands!
>Also Trumpfags: Oh da Donald passed a law? Where does I turn dem hurr stocks at???

>There is no official count at this time of how many bump stocks have been collected locally, said Ray.
Rest assured though, they've been getting them steadily and saving them up though!

do they actually have numbers on this shit?
I doubt that any major # has been turned in considering there's zero compensation for doing so.
this. Meaning they get one a week...

Fuck off Shariablue.

what are the odds that the courts throw out the bump stock ban, then all these collection sites resell them to the public at a police auction?

Not a fucking chance. Pigs are pigs. They'll hang onto them until a court order comes (and it won't) and then "lose" them.

I predict a lot of the turn-ins will be FFLs and other retailers turning in unsold inventory. All the same, grabbers and dogslotters will claim it as a great victory, and will probably use it as a pretense for a semi-auto ban. Can hear them now:
>"look how many bump stocks were surrendered!"

Uh, how many were turned in? If it's, 50, I'd be impressed.

Washington state put 150k into a state buyback program that gave $150 for each bumpstock up to 5 per person and they ran out of that money in 4 days
So at the very least 1000 bump stocks were turned in

who even cares. you can build a bump stock with bits from home depot.

How far in advance did they announce it?
Because I bet you could cobble together a bump stock for less than $150. afaik, all you'd have to do is break a normal stock and it would demonstrably bump.

Seconding, when the NY SAFE Act passed they had something like 5,000 guns out of an estimated million get turned in

The first few days were March 16-17 i think and then again they opened the program this past weekend 23-24th. It was a state funded buyback in preparation for the fed ban

my bad didnt answer your first question.
The funding was approved earlier this month but the plan for a buyback was made maybe November?

So yeah, $750 is a pretty good haul for maybe two hours work making bump stocks. You could even make fully functional bumpy bois that are only intended as buyback bait.

This isnt new to any buyback program. For every bump stock buyback this month there are 500 regular ole gun buybacks that you can bring rusty Saturday night specials and slamfire pipe shotguns to make a healthy profit

Someone tried that. They wouldn't take homemade stocks.

I'm sure it's somewhere between "whatever we had in the evidence room already" and "a couple."

>Reagan signs off on Hughes Amendment

>Bush Sr. says no more foreign rifles 4u

>Trump bans bump stocks

>Republicans don't do shit to expand gun rights 2002-2006 or 2016-2018, protect gun industry from bullshit lawsuits

Thank Allah the Democrats are around to make the Republicans look pro-2nd amendment by comparison.

>FDR says (effectively) no more SBR, SBS, suppressors or MGs unless you're filthy rich
>LBJ says no more mail order, adds background checks, wait periods, FFLs
>Clinton says 10 year AWB
Republicans may be truly awful, but that doesn't make Democrats not shit

Literally why I said thank God the Democrats are around, trying to ban shoulder things on ghost guns and insisting no one's coming for your guns then praising Australian gun confiscation as a model for the US.

And just to split hairs, the expiration of the AWB means that none of what the Democrats did actually prevents you from getting stuff, it just makes it more difficult; OTOH, because of Repubilcan presidents MAC-10s can go for $10,000+, and you're SOL of luck if you want a semi-auto rifle not made in the US and don't have money to burn.

To clarify, I know perfectly well the Democrats would impose California/NY SAFE gun laws on the country if they could.

Who needs a bump stock when you have a belt loop?

>and NC
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If you plan on having a bump stock, you might as well just make a Quick Link. Since the consequences are the same and the QL isn't a meme.

>one person hands in bump-stock, probably the brother of a cop at the station
>news wants to make a splash and pressure more people into handing them in
>“We have seen the bump stocks come in steadily over the last few weeks to our offices in North and South Carolina!!!!"
Nice plan but everyone already knows how full of shit the media is.

or just fingers
youtube.com/watch?v=6EZ4_EPsvZw

>Sol of luck
>RIP in peace

The memes write themselves