What's the best carry round, and why is it HornyDaddy?

What's the best carry round, and why is it HornyDaddy?

Attached: 90250_02865.jpg (700x524, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0piGeTVMZWs
youtube.com/watch?v=6VDm9fIOE34
le.vistaoutdoor.com/ammunition/federal/handgun/details.aspx?id=580
ar15.com/ammo/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/DocGKRData/9mm_RangerBonded.htm
ar15.com/ammo/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/DocGKRData/9mm_CorbonDPX.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Federal HST because a cop buddy of mine snags me a few free boxes a month from their shooting range.

It's actually Federal HST
/thread

but where's the spongy rubber bit?

This tbdesu.
any flavor 9mm HST is going to have better, more consistent, expansion and penetration than anything else on the market, especially out of short (3") barrels

Critical Duty is unironically the most high quality pro autism ammunition money can buy.

>nickel plated brass
>sealed primer
>crimped and sealed bullet
>point bullet helps with feeding
>reliable expansion
>heavy crimp makes it possible to rechamber round without having to worry about set back

Take my money senpai

Attached: hornady-critical-duty-round.jpg (504x442, 12K)

>Critical Duty is unironically the most high quality pro autism ammunition money can buy.
Hornady makes shit rounds. Critical Defense is absolute shit and Critical Duty is quite a bit better. But both are not even close to HST and other rounds.

Go watch ShootingTheBull on YT to see how they performed in his tests.

sorry but I believe in the rubber clit

Shit tier b8

It was inside you all along

I want to agree with you but you /threaded your own post.
Fed HST is now and forever only for faggots.

I like them because they run through my AR9. I do carry them in my CC gun too.

We don't care dude. Critical Duty is 99% as good and I can always find a box at the store before I shoot what I've been carrying for the last month.

*Federal HST

>Shit tier b8
>Critical Duty is 99% as good
Nope. Critical Defense has failed IRL with cops who were shooting through car windows. It performed so poorly that Horndy had to make Critical Duty.
Were you underage faggots even around when this shit was going down?!?! God damn millenial trash.

Not needed, because it reliably expands without a meme ball

Attached: AT16042_a(2).jpg (1000x1000, 456K)

dat butthurt. I guess we're done now that you've been exposed.

Attached: zoomer tide pods eating.gif (652x562, 457K)

Critical Defense is for subcompacts retard

I like civil defense for AP capabilities up to level 3a proved by MAC, as well as having good barrier penetration and expansion.
Underwood extreme defender is good too

220 grain Buffalo Bores.

Attached: IMG_3260.jpg (1600x1200, 606K)

Attached: tumblr_muf2nwolxv1r41w9do2_500.jpg (468x270, 33K)

I just use this shit. its cheap enough to practice with and carry for SD. Also they tend to load this lil bastard slightly hotter.
Now go ahead and shit on my ammo as I know you will.
Also harnydaddy XTP feeds like shit and isnt priced to be practical for both practice and carry. Also my PA 63 isnt going to hold up to the underwood or buthole bore +P shit so thats out too. I hear privi makes a decent hallowpoint but ive never tried it.
If anyone has any other recommendations im open.

Attached: silverboner.jpg (420x420, 30K)

Critical defense is literally shit. It performs worse than the competition while being more expensive than them and is literally something people only use out of ignorance or sheer marketing. HST, Ranger T, Gold Dot, and Critical Duty(assuming bbl length >4") are all you need for typical use of typical calibers.
You left out the part where the awkward nose geometry causes bizarrely high levels of FTF and bullet setback compared to other JHPs. I like critical duty, but it isn't without its issues.
>-2/10
kys yourself.

I see the shills are upset i didnt give thier bosses any money for overpriced polymer crap. i expected such a response.

Federal HST

Fifty cents a round means it isn't terribly expensive to practice with (compared to other defensive rounds), it is common and easy to find, and most importantly it runs in all of my guns and performs flawlessly almost every time.

Attached: HST.jpg (600x400, 158K)

When are you guys gonna wake up and realize.

Attached: 9mm_Xtreme_Defender_Underwood_Ammo__69054.1444838599.1280.1280-1.jpg (784x532, 67K)

What? i repeatedly BTFOd polytipped ammo. Are you the silver bear shill who thinks those ruskie rounds will do anything but shit the bed IRL?
Preach. Can't wait for the 50gr 2400fps version to come out in .357 sig, in my dreams.

Attached: Xtreme memes make the dream.png (1490x644, 395K)

They definitely make the most innovative bullet I've seen.

Attached: hornady-critical-defense-and-critical-duty.jpg (640x360, 46K)

HST and Critical Defense are the best.

Gold Dots used to be good but they went full retard with their new line.

I doubt it'll have much expansion but you're fine it's gonna go bang every time which is what really matters

geco 115gr jhp

poorfag yuropoor

Attached: 1552782917903.jpg (509x339, 18K)

they all fall to ball

Attached: 1484027373760.png (644x499, 274K)

Based and expansionpilled

Attached: 20190314_233828.jpg (2766x2268, 3.76M)

if the shit killed biggie smalls it will kill you

For when you get mugged by Phillips head screws.

Yeah because he was such a picture of health otherwise right? Fatass was like 5 years away from dying of a heart attack.

shills cant cope with the truth, the big names are not even in the game right now

Attached: 121rcd4.jpg (799x597, 131K)

>HST is going to have better, more consistent, expansion and penetration than anything else on the market
Im going to have to disagree. It has potentially much better expansion than XTPs but I dont think anything can match xtp for reliable expansion. Theyre a pretty old bullet that has picked up a lot of handgun hunters for this reason.

Am I the only one that still carries gold dots?

Attached: 6-0308049_1.jpg (550x550, 36K)

So if your wife is getting raped by a nigger you will just let him die from aids/sickle cell instead of putting him down with your hurtenburger tusgadaro hykonda's?

I am about to pick up a box of this because it is more affordable than most carry ammo that is new manufacture. Isn't this what the FBI carries?

Boomer autist

What changed? Gold dots, especially in .223, are pretty damn accurate in my rifle for duty ammo.

I found a box of this shit for my. 40 in an inherited ammo cash and was wondering what the red shit is/does? Doesn't say on the box.

Attached: 1512371173539s.jpg (250x160, 7K)

it acts as a wedge helping with expansion. even plastic can do it when pushed on by that much force

Preach it brother

>Federal HST because a cop buddy of mine snags me a few free boxes a month from their shooting range.

What do you know. A policeman stealing tax payers money

>So if your wife is getting raped by a nigger
Why is this such a fantasy of incel poltards?

I think it's like closeted gay men who go hard in the paint for anti-gay laws because they think it makes good cover.
Basically the lady doth protest too much.

What do you guys think of PMC Bronze JHPs?

>Not carrying .45

Only pussies and limp wristed faggots rely on meme ammo 9mm.

>meme ammo
I keel seeing this from everything from 9mm to .223 to 5.7. What is the Webster definition of meme ammo?

>mfw I just bought what op posted.

Attached: 1552165201467.png (396x385, 119K)

I consider it meme ammo if either
>you can't buy it innastore
>its users get it for novelty and look down on everyone else for not being as much of a hipster as themselves (6.5 Creedmoor, 6.8mm, .300 Blacked, etc)

you can buy all of those in stores and they have legitimate advantages in their fields of use.
Except maybe 6.8 because 6.5 grendel exists but it has proven itself with the texans as a very versatile hunting cartridge

>you can buy all of those in stores
I said "either". I know you can buy those in stores

desu, I think 357 sig is a meme especially, 327 mag, 40sw, and a few other more recent handgun cartridges. I can exempt those designed to penetrate armor I guess.
For rifles, 6.5 creed and 6.5x47 are pretty much the same thing but creed is the popular one and in a good niche point between range, barrel life, recoil, and COAL for ARs. I agree 300BO is a meme unless it's suppressed in a short barrel. 6.8 is an oddball, arguably a meme, but it works okay for short to mid range game animals

There's a difference between consistency in bare gel/heavy clothing vs. overall consistency. I don't know how well they do in the former case, but they're well known to fare poorly in post-barrier tests.

Now deer don't drive around in cars, so handgun hunters maybe don't have to worry about post-barrier performance; what works for them may not be a great defensive load.

I hate this sort of "test" with a sample of 1 round per load/barrier combination, and way too many bullets into one gel block, but it's illustrative of the problems expanding bullets have with barriers:
youtube.com/watch?v=0piGeTVMZWs

Pic related, top is Critical Duty, bottom is HST, right is Gold Dot.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-03-27 at 13.08.54.png (761x477, 372K)

.300blk is slowly killing 6.8 though, if only because it works fine with SBRs, no one pushes 6.8 past 200y on hogs or whitetail anyway, and it works with normal mags.

>300blk is slowly killing 6.8 though
I can agree with that. Both are best suited at closer ranges and if you work long range youre using grendel and maybe 5.56.

Do you seriously not understand that Critical Defense is for subcompacts? What kinds of head trauma have you collected so far?

>using grendel and maybe 5.56.
Or .308 or 6.5CM. Fuck an intermediate cartridge if I have to walk two fucking football fields to just start looking for the blood trail.

I like the 110+p .38 spcl for my Snubby. For my Glock 19 I prefer Gold Dots

???
6.8 is fine at mid range like 5.56. Repeated long range (600m +) is best with a somewhat larger caliber.

The .380 loads I've tried in that brand are shit.

> 5.56
> 6.8
> 300/400m shots on deer
You're a fucking freak of nature, dude. An impressive cervicidal freak, but still, a freak.

rifle caliber >intermediate caliber but the game was being limited to ar15 magwells even if not as great for it. Grendel with 123gr SST has something like a 500 yard expansion range out of a 20" so Id argue it's pretty capable but 5.56 is going to struggle

120 grain sst has hornady reporting a bit over 300 yards expansion range if they expand as low 1800 fps like most of their offerings. There might be better options though.

I'm not trusting a manufacterer's white paper when it comes to a tag though. You guys go for it. When I see more people pulling dropping bucks with either cartridge past 250y and a sub-50y run, then I'll switch.

I dont blame you, I dont like to experiment unless it's on common near me, cheap or free to shoot animals but experimenting with these oddities is fun.

Never said anything about targeted shots on deer. You should just use .30-30 or .308. Intermediates are for man sized targets.

HST is pretty shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=6VDm9fIOE34

Holy fucking cringe. I can just see the fedora.

Yea, the guy is a fag but he's reading factory test numbers. Pay attention to that.

XTPs are at a greater risk of failure to expand through heavy clothing and weight loss through tougher barriers. They have smaller hollow point cavities and are less thoroughly mechanically bonded to their jackets.
IIRC FBI has a few approved duty ammos, they were going to make the transition over to gold dots G2 as their main duty ammo but the design had a lot of issues early on and they dropped it for the 135gr +p critical duty.
Keeps nose hole from getting blocked up by stuff that might prevent it from expanding.

>18 minute video based factory advertisements instead of any real world or third party results
cringe. anybody with any familiarity with terminal ballistics knows that those numbers frequently disagree with typical real world results.

It's standardized testing with FBI gel.

I looked up the Federal LE site. Weird that pen only goes up with HST for denim, wallboard, and playwood. Safety glass is the only barrier with less pen than bare gel.

According to the site he's using, so are the original gold dots. Only the 147gr gets over 12" bare gel. Both the HST and the G1 gold dots meet 12" pen on denim.

Meanwhile the G2 gold dots show 2-3" more pen on bare gel and keep the same on denim. Yet I've heard repeated HiPos here bitch about the G2s not holding together through the side of cars.

I don't know what to think.

>dude I dont care critical dooty is 99 percent as good and only double the price

Why is that weird? It probably plugs the open hollow point

>Weird that pen only goes up with HST for denim, wallboard, and playwood.
That's expected since it reduces expansion by clogging the hollowpoint.

Which is why their results are so reproduce- oh wait.
>le.vistaoutdoor.com/ammunition/federal/handgun/details.aspx?id=580
>ar15.com/ammo/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/DocGKRData/9mm_RangerBonded.htm
>ar15.com/ammo/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/DocGKRData/9mm_RangerBonded.htm
>ar15.com/ammo/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/DocGKRData/9mm_CorbonDPX.htm
Also worth noting is that those results have never been updated AFAIK, having literally been up since the rounds were introduced despite there being design alterations since then. The same can more or less be said for every major lines web info whether its HST, GDs, or Ranger-t. Their advertised tests are at best cherry picked to accentuate whatever factors a maker thinks will help their bullets sell and shouldn't be taken seriously, let alone over credible third party testing.

Want to see something else? Compare .40 s&w to the 9mm's and .357 Sig numbers. Bare gel and heavy clothing are bout the same. The notice how when a steel or safety glass barrier is introduced. All the 9mm and .357 bullets overpen through steel and underpen through glass, but .40 is basically unchanged.

There's no .45 data, so I have no idea if it's the extra mass that's doing it.

>Safety glass
I'm so tired of idiots complaining about safety glass terminal ballistics. It's fucking irrelevant because it's destroyed in the first hit. What cocky bastard wouldn't lay down follow up shots to be sure the assailant is down?

> Destroyed in the first hit
So what, once it spiderwebs, the next shot is basically like punching through denim or what?

>used by handgun hunters
>on animals with thicker hide/fur than the denim test
You're dumb as fuck.
Lucky Gunner tests prove XTP is one of the best hollowpoints around.

Easily I imagine. It's no more than sand-covered plastic.

>I imagine
Well color me convinced then.

Attached: bullet-holes.jpg (700x383, 124K)

>luckygunner ""tests"
>using an unvalidated and demonstrably misleading medium without even posting calibration info
>FBI protocol instead of IWBA protocol heavy clothing
You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

That image has been altered by Hilary Clinton.

Critical Defense isn't designed to penetrate barriers like a car door, it's for shooting straight into a target only

> Hillary Holes

Why are your follow-up shots not going through the same hole? Quit worrying about ballistics and just git gud.

> Just put all 5 in the same .35" hole, bro
Brother, I'm still learning to dump 5 rounds in 5s, with draw, in a 2" circle at 7y right now.

If all my tax money went to food for hungry guns everywhere, I would be happy to pay them.

I use CD because I carry a .38 revolver. Haven't tried Federal's new .38 Special HSTs.

The future is now old man. In my Glock 43 with TT +1.

Attached: 9D34949C-5405-4B5A-A24D-5EA7AB937379.jpg (576x469, 68K)