How old should a child be to receive a BB gun for his birthday or Christmas? How old for a .22lr?

How old should a child be to receive a BB gun for his birthday or Christmas? How old for a .22lr?

Attached: boy-with-bb-gun[1].jpg (588x350, 40K)

As he exits the womb for the B.B. gun.
3 for the 22lr.

depends on the child. 10 seems like a good age for a bb gun. depending on how responsible they are with that then look towards giving an actual firearm.

I personally got my bb gun when I was 4 and my .22 when I was 10. I was allowed to keep the .22 in my room with ammo when I was 12.

Got my first handgun at 16 too.

Depends on how well your child rolled in the game of genetics and how you raised them. If they're unable to comprehend how to safely work a rifle from both a mechanical and a maturity perspective then they're not ready to own a .22. Some people fail to understand the concept of a round in the chamber still being there when you drop the magazine out or empty the tube, for instance. They're not ready for a rifle. If they can't be trusted not to play with the .22 by pointing it at things and whatnot then they're not ready.

All of these are obvious statements, incredibly obvious, but these are what you should judge a child on when you're deciding to give them a gun or not, not an arbitrary age. If your child is able to do all of these things and express enough maturity then the only limiting factor for age is whether they're even big enough to hold it or not.

8 get him a bb gun. nothing too expensive or fancy. a daisy spring-powered red rider should work out great. ammo is cheaper than dirt so its basically a non issue. make sure he knows about ricochets tell him to fire at something soft or at an acceptable angle of else newton's whatever the fuck law will fly back around to fuck you in the ass (or the eyeball)

he also needs to know how powerful this thing is before he breaks a glass window with it because kids are dumb. have him watch you blow up a few pop cans with it. Watching those things exploding in a mist of high fructose piss will get the point across

also no fucking shooting it in doors
my dad cracked the glass on our oven and now its out of commission

Your family sounds like fun and wholesome folks. 100% genuine.

thanks theyre alright

I only shoot indoors. It's not a problem as long as you hit your target

I got my first .22lr when i was 5 and half for christmas.

It really depends on child.
First teach responsibility and basic rules and if he/she understands those and seems like capable of following those rules then teach handling and other shit for the thing
First follow whatever the fuck lil shit is doing and after you are 100% sure that that bastard won't be danger for itself, you, neighbours nigger, property or anything else without permission
Permission to be danger to birds, mice and other creatures should be allowed only if previous rules are handled well
Use your braincells, it is good for them

so i see we are clones from the same family

>How old for a .22lr?
Supervised 9. Unsupervised 14 but not left with keys and asks for the gun and explains where it is going to be used, e.g Can I have the 22? Sure son whatcha doing? I'm off rabbit hunting plinking in the top field? Sure son here you go. OR Can I have the 22 father? Sure son whatcha doing? I'm off to shoot the brown guy behind the counter in the local cornerstore because his kid keeps stealing my lunch money and pol told me I have to start a race war. No son you can't have the 22 for that

Rural kids 12 because they are basically better than urban/suburban kids mentally

Depends entirely on who is raising the kid, and the kids own interests.

I more or less had a interest in guns and experience shooting CZ pellet guns and COOEY single shot .22's at my Based Austrian Grandfathers farm and was able to get a pellet gun for Christmas since my old man doesn't have his PAL. I'm hoping to get my kids into firearms once they can realise how to use a gun properly.

If you're raising a hunter then 5 for BB gun, 7 for .22, 9 for 20 gauge/.243,start single barrel then go to pump and warming them up to ARs and smaller handguns, then at 11 proper 12 gauge pump or autoloader, rifle above .243, .40 and above
t.ruralsouthfag
Source-experience

7 for a B.B gun, 9 for a .22, 11 for a .410 shotgun, 13 for a full-powered rifle.

Do you think the human brain is a manufactured item with a serial number? I know adults that probably shouldn't own any sharp things at all. I've seen 10 year olds use an AR-15 proficiently. Apply some critical thinking to your very independently specific situation.

Attached: baker-600.jpg (600x350, 80K)

Those digits
That pea shooter experience
Shit takes me back
Before the eeeeeeeddeseddd
Same but just got to keep guns and ammo in my room at 11
Got durr rifle And handgun at 13
>Ur a man now anyon fuck society
>Don’t fuck up and graduate
Graduated and moved out at 17
Now I’m in my late 20s and I sit here with my nice gats and my carry permit
Take a lesson, the only rule you actually need is “DONT FUCK UP”

Attached: DCC66D29-8074-48A6-8DAA-BF0619EC429F.jpg (999x885, 141K)

8, for a BB gun
12, for the first trip to the firing range
13, for the first 22
16 Adult

got my first rifle at 12

Are you baiting or retarded? You one of those people who thinks teenagers should be supervised at all times

I also have a home range made of an Amazon box full of other Amazon boxes

This is the correct way for non retarded families.

Attached: 1553517528516.gif (661x800, 190K)

Depends on the kid. There are 10-year-olds I'd trust with a .22 and there are 40 year olds I would not trust with one.

>a daisy spring-powered red rider should work out great.
2nding this for a first BB gun. Personally I think they make a great training aid on a technical level too: because the muzzle velocity is so low it really teaches you good marksmanship habits. You can easily pull a shot off center if you don't follow through your hold. If you can shoot a Red Ryder accurately then that transitions very well into shooting real firearms.

I remember when I was a kid my friend and I would go out and shoot stuff with BB guns, and while he had the fancy CO2 rifle I had the red ryder. At the time I was jealous of his much cooler gun. But looking back, learning to shoot that crappy Red Ryder is why I have better than average rifle skills today.

My dad bought me a Mossberg 500 at 12. I was also big for my age probably 5'8 190

I've been shooting since I was 6.

>Majority of whiteoids cant even properly teach their mutt children to properly use to/too and there/their and here these whiteoids are thinking about giving their diluted cultureless offsprings guns so they can become a healthy little jewish antigun agenda farm tool

Attached: 9718D09B-BF38-41A2-ADDD-C776F49A68EF.jpg (260x194, 6K)

>10 for first BB gun
Supervise them and teach them proper firearms safety and how to shoot properly.
>14 for first .22
>16 for going to the forest/backyard to plink with it alone. Must at least ask for permission and I’d keep the rifle and ammo in my safe.
>18 buy him first AR as gift for making it to adult hood.

Not sure exactly, but I think I was 6 or 7 when I got an air pistol (Crosman 1377).
I do recall I was initially unable to get past 2 or 3 pumps with any kind of normal grip.
I could get another pump or two in putting it between my thighs to put more powerful muscles into it, but Dad stopped that and explained how I was losing control of the muzzle. He told me if I practiced shooting with however many pumps I could get in, I'd get stronger before long -- my first introduction to the idea of deliberate exercise.

.22 rifle when I was, idk, 10 or 12?

>Rural kids 12 because they are basically better than urban/suburban kids mentally
based and farmpilled

I bought a red ryder BB gun for my kids when the oldest was 4. He's now 9 and has a 10/22 and a .410 shotgun and he basically took over my mark IV. As the other two get older I let them shoot the guns as they mature into it.
The oldest takes the safety aspect of it super serious and that makes me happy. I can ask him any time what the rules of gun safety are and he'll rattle them off no problem, and I test him all the time when we're innawoods and hand him guns while I'm doing something and he'll always ask if they're loaded and do a muzzle check to verify. I actually bought him a builders set for his birthday and when he turns 10 we'll build him his first AR.

I've had BB guns since around 6, but at the same time my old man was also taking me to the range and instructing me on a ruger 10/22. First .22lr of my own I got at 12, it was a Remington 570. Had a shotgun by 14 and a handgun by 16. That's the way I plan on raising my kids around firearms.

16 for a BB gun
18 for a .22

Faggot.

Cry more

bbs bounce on a lot of indoor surfaces

but you can dig them out of drywall to reshoot when you run out

4-8 spring airsoft gun
8-10 electric airsoft
10-12 bb gun
12+ .22

As soon as they're bright enough and mature enough to understand how to safely operate the tool. This user has the right idea here , drill the safety rules into them until they can recite them like a mantra and also make sure they understand why each rule exists.

Ten years old is a good median age give or take

My family operates on rule of 3s as follows:
3yrs: learn gun safety, shoot bb gun with help and supervision.

6yrs old: shoot .22 with help and supervision.

9yrs old: BB gun for birthday, shoot it unsupervised, shoot handguns, rifles, and shotguns with help and supervision.

12yrs old: .22 for birthday, shoot it unsupervised.

15yrs old: shotgun or rifle for birthday, shoot it unsupervised in family land.

18yrs old: handgun for birthday, shoot unsupervised on family land.

21yrs old: CCW and a nice carry gun for birthday.