Just got disgnosed with depression. Rip my chances of owning a firearm

Just got disgnosed with depression. Rip my chances of owning a firearm.

Any others in this same boat that still browse this board for some retarded reason?

Attached: 6A924A5A-000C-4105-A8A3-BD546C6B8A1D.jpg (548x548, 32K)

pretty sure you can own guns still

Diagnosed by who? What country do you live in?

Doctor
Australia

I got the book thrown at me
>OCD
>ADD
>assburgers
>depression
never been committed to a loonybin though so I'm straight. I still got guns.

Oooof.

oh fug
is the word of shekelstein law there?

Oh. You're probably fucked

i realize now it's 6am and thats probably why this board is dead atm, good night everyone

F

Cool but are you saying this on this post?

>Just got disgnosed with depression.

You can't be 'diagnosed' with depression. You can only have an 'opinion'. A psychologist by definition can't 'diagnose' anything a psychiatrist can diagnose, e.g. a tumour. So you failed to face up to going for a walk daily and eating properly and went whinging to quacks who are now going to profit from selling you addictive ssris that make you unstable. Feeling down is part of life occasionally. Deal with it and don't buy into this American crap designed to push dangerous drugs on morons.

What's the point in seeking help for depression if getting it diagnosed with depression shuts every career door in your face?

>DoctorAustralia

So tell me how a 'doctor' 'diagnosed' depression? I'll tell you what the 'doctor' did. Saw an idiot sitting there and decided to get his free holiday for 20 prescriptions of brand x or y ssri. You are a self dramatizing self pitying dumb wanker and he saw you comeing.

>What's the point in seeking help for depression if getting it diagnosed with depression shuts every career door in your face?

Its a moron/attention whore filter. If you are stupid and self pitying and attention whore enough to get 'diagnosed' it means you are a fucking moron.

Why are you deppresed? whats your current oife situation.

Tell doctor Jow Forums

You sound like a conspiracy nut.

I haven't yet I just made this thread because it's easier than looking up what will happen

Not anymore, since I quit smoking, browsing, eating crap
and started waking up before sunrise, meditate, exercise, "invest" daily in social activities, set my goals for the day and evaluate them later
Etcetera. You are in control of your life. A man can choose to hide from the truth or he can choose to avenge the bitterness of existence

>Sad people don't have the right to defend themselves!

Your country is stupid country

no im not op

based Jow Forumsposter

>. You are in control of your life
Youre not. Everyone can fall into that dark place, get cancer, have crippling autism, etc. >he can choose to avenge the bitterness of existence
Now that I can get behind

Implying u couldnt kill yourself a 100 other ways without guns if u really wanted to

Yep. Never admit you have a problem. Suck that shit up and carry on until you fix it.

Not everyone gets the same kind of depression or for the same reason.

[spoiler]test[/spoiler]

>now going to profit from selling you addictive ssris that make you unstable.
And make you shoot up schools, don't forget that bit.

>take ur pills slave

Gotta learn to make your own happiness user, or least how to suck it up and stop pitying yourself. No doctor or pill can do it for you.

>Australia
ya don't need goonz then mate, just move to tha big city and have the coppers protect ye. Ya ain't got no muslimes do ya, turned em away at the 'arbor.

Attached: 1536611719935.png (600x448, 159K)

>You can't be 'diagnosed' with depression
right, that's why it totally isn't on his medical chart and he totally can't get a prescription medication for it now. Where do you fucking morons come from.

Haha you stupid nigger. Get fucked by your nanny state and the Jew doctors. Enjoy your prozac.

I live in the fucking UK. Welcome to my world, buddy

Yeah you're done

I have diagnosed depression, anxiety, and autism spectrum disorder. I was involuntarily hospitalized for thoughts of suicide 1 year ago.
I live in Upstate NY.
I come to Jow Forums more for the /sci/ and the /diy/, but lately I've had an interest in firearms.

Does anyone know the chances I can get a handgun permit? Maybe if the hospital was 5+ in the past, you can be cleared of a mental health risk. I'll Google it too.

You don't have to tell me to kill myself. I know.

based and redpilled

I live in the USA.
Have had self diagnosed chronic depression since middle school.
The reason its self diagnosed is because I'm afraid that going to get help will put a mark by my name and in 5-10yrs time the laws will change, making it so I can no longer own firearms.
Firearms are one of the few things that bring my joy and losing my right to them would be crushing.
Now I've promised myself that I'd never kill myself with a gun. I promise that every single day almost. So far it's worked. A car accident that involves a bridge and too much speed for the bend is a different story though, that way would give my family enough doubt to protect them from the truth.

I get that your case is different, your best bet is to fight through it and promise yourself not to give in.
Find something to look forward too, make something to look forward too and just keep looking ahead at that.
Best of luck.

didn’t have much of a chance before honestly

Califag with Assburgers and PTSD (undiagnosed). Should I never speak to a psychological professional? I want to get better, but I don't want to lose my chance at having guns.

Before 2030, in several US states, a mental diagnoses will be a disqualification, not just involuntary committal. You will have to sign a HIPA waiver to purchase firearms. This is a fact.

You sound like a degenerate

Speaking as someone with his own personal demons from Canada with an RPAL, its not a door blocker, though I recommend getting a handle on depression as best you can.

I am not a fan of the pills. For me, they worked, but it changed my personality. I was less depressed, but I was less happy as well.

Depression is a sign that something in your life is fucked, mate. Could be family, could be friends, could be work, but you need to make some kind of adjustment.

Take a step back, and then make plans for yourself. Set objectives, big and small. Start little, and work your way up. Little victories are big boosts for morale.

Hang out with your friends more. Be honest if they ask you how you are, if you're feeling bad, you're feeling bad. But try not to be a stick in the mud either. If you can't be excited about your own stuff, thats okay, but try and make an effort to appreciate what makes your mates excited, if that makes sense.

At the end of the day, remember, the goal is not to 'fight depression', your goal is to 'live your life'.

Same goes for you, I'm in pretty much the same boat. Be honest if you are asked questions (within reason). Wanting a skill-testing hobby such as target shooting is an entirely valid reason to own a firearm.

hang yourself in your doctor's bedroom and leave a note that says "and you thought I needed a gun to do this! dumbass"

Daily reminder to never tell people that you suspect you have a mental illness or they will take your guns.

Attached: 1480455545064.png (483x368, 260K)

Your situation is probably my greatest fear. I live in a similarly cucked country (bongistan) and I don't speak to my doctor about mental health issues for this exact reason

mhm

>tfw been popping lexapro for over a decade
>tfw still own guns and live in commiefornia

Sorry OP, your life sucks

You can be diagnosed with depression and own guns.

>move to America
>buy guns
>???

Fucking depression dqs you from firearm ownership? What the what?

Your country literally criminalized encryption a few months ago too.

Imagine living in a country so cucked and nanny state that they outlaw mathematics

Attached: Apu.jpg (655x527, 36K)

>car accident that involves a bridge and too much speed for the bend is a different story though, that way would give my family enough doubt to protect them from the truth.
That's a concrete suicidal ideation. You need to go get help.

>live in NSW
>be schizo
>be manic depressive
g..guns pls

Thank you for your kindness, understanding, and advice.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

In the US it is pretty much standard that when you visit a doctor/ hospital etc they WILL ask you about depression as they fill out their inotial form. Never, never, never say ANYTHING about depression unless you are seeking help for depression. It will go in your medical files and may be used against you in the future. The anti gun commy bastards will use anything they can to deprive you of your rights and freedoms.