Any Northern Irish or Irish gun owners on here?

Attached: St pats.png (2000x1200, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick's_Saltire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Alabama
youtube.com/watch?v=CqnU_sJ8V-E
youtube.com/watch?v=J7xYDH3I09w
youtube.com/watch?v=9ZBUDQsI6m8
youtube.com/watch?v=pVGUs9nQGaw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can get arrested for bicycle wheels over there

or mean words

Hello fellow Irishman

Attached: Screenshot_20190327-151233_Chrome.jpg (544x451, 57K)

Actually we can own Handguns here and don't really have any SBR laws when it comes to rifles.

ulster-alabama war when?

Um.. try again sweetie.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick's_Saltire

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Alabama

Attached: SweetHome.jpg (800x530, 329K)

Check the Divis flats and the Falls Road apartments in Belfast.

WELLLLL MY OLD MAN’S A PROVO WITH A BERET AND A GUN

Attached: 8A7CA95A-22E5-436E-A101-35F76C3AA0D2.png (354x286, 28K)

youtube.com/watch?v=CqnU_sJ8V-E

Irish gun owner here. It's a lengthy process to get a gun but it can be done. Handguns are legal here but they must be in .22lr, non-22lr handguns were banned in 2008 but were grandfathered. Semi auto centerfires are also legal but rare. The most popular one is the M1 Carbine, few people have them though because it's such an ordeal. I know that there are 12 ARs in the country, again, very hard to get. In Northern Ireland they can have any handgun (including AR pistols), that might change though because if there is a no-deal Brexit, there will be direct rule for NI meaning pistols would be banned.

Sweet home Ireland

What's it like being part of worst Ireland?

Do they still have those flags up at Knob Creek? Planning on going this year.

What's law like in the south on barrel length like?
Heard the Garda are a nightmare to deal with when it comes to getting stuff down there.

It's really not bad up here. Far better than the south.

>tfw English but half-considering moving to Northern Ireland so I can own pistols
How much of a bad idea is this?

Expect it to be a very alien world compared to England.

I have a friend who's from Belfast and he said that I shouldn't be put off by the religious/sectarian divide and that it isn't really a factor in most people's lives. I'm just not sure how I would be perceived by republicans or loyalists, and if just being from another part of the UK would potentially make me a target in the eyes of some people. Am I being silly worrying about this?

If only we could still get semi auto rifles.
But at least we got pistols.
youtube.com/watch?v=J7xYDH3I09w

Plenty of English live in both Loyalist and Republican areas with zero problems. We're more of a danger to each other to be honest.

Thanks, that's good to hear. So as long as I don't start yelling "up the IRA" on shankill road I should be alright?

What do you mean exactly? That pic is from 2010 best as I can tell. I'm just curious if they still display confederate flags at Knob or it they have removed them.

That was meant for

Is there a real risk that handguns will be outlawed anytime soon? I hope that NI won't just cuck out and ban them the first time a nutter shoots up a school with one like the rest of the UK did

Yes plenty of English live and work here peacefully.

Don't see why they'd ban them any time soon especially because the biggest proponents of not banning them are both ex and currently serving members of the police and army.

Who did it better?
youtube.com/watch?v=9ZBUDQsI6m8
youtube.com/watch?v=pVGUs9nQGaw

Attached: Female IRA fighters in 1970s (1).jpg (1138x1187, 764K)

If there is a United Ireland, yes. I can't see the Republic changing their gun laws to allow Northerners to retain their weapons. The Republics laws on firearms are as anal as England, Scotland and Wales, if not more so in some cases. Northern Ireland is unique because of the Troubles. It's one of a few places in the UK that allows semi automatic handguns in any calibre you want, but you're also allowed to own them for the purposes of personal protection as well as sport.

Getting a weapon on a PPW ticket is much more difficult than it is on a sporting ticket. You have to show that your life is under threat. If you work in the police, military or prison service, you would have no problem with a PPW ticket. If you're John Doe off the street, you're unlikely to get one unless you can prove you're being targeted by paramilitaries or criminal organisations.

My dad was a peeler in the RUC, when he was in they were still issuing the Ruger Security Six as the sidearm, so that's what I first learnt to shoot with. When my parents divorced my mum eventually met a former British soldier who was working in the prisons. When he was deployed here, the sidearm was the Browning Hi Power. When he got out of the army, he had to give back his weapons, but then applied for a PPW ticket and got himself another Browning because it was what he knew.

My uncles where in the army and RUC and lived in different parts of the country. With the RUC (and with the PSNI today) you can take your sidearm home for personal protection. With one of my uncles who lived pretty close to the border the army gave the option of a "weapons out" if there was a heightened expectation of a terrorist attack. So at times he'd have the FAL at home with him. All my cousins learned to shoot young and had shotguns, rifles and pistols on ticket for sporting purposes, but the real reason was in case of an attack.

>A united Ireland

Attached: 1540892398195.gif (360x270, 2.27M)

Attached: muhalabama.jpg (833x678, 281K)

Have you ever had an "Alabama bus"? It's where you have cum stains at the front of your underwear and skidmarks at the back, so it ends up being white at the front and brown at the back