Best Long range 7.62 NATO Rifles

"Best" as in:
-ACCURACY (and keeping a zero)
-RANGE (Full distance of a .308/7.62 NATO)
-DURABILITY (Last long term use, and resists harsh Climates)
-RELIABILITY (least jamming, no FTF, overall ruggedness)

Attached: ss16-prcrif-lead.png (684x384, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m4carbine.net/archive/index.php/t-182399.html
youtube.com/watch?v=YJGcYtNp7U8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_HK417#G28
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OP here, I am considering options for long range .308.

I do own a SCAR 17s and I am considering
about getting a SCAR 20s. I have seen the videos and the testimonies. So far it seems like the capabilities are worthy of upgrading to a SCAR 20s. However, I am still trying to keep an open mind and curious what other commandos think.

Attached: pm562qva3sy11.jpg (4032x1960, 889K)

I think the SCAR 20s isn't that expensive considering Accuracy international and McMillan Rifles sell for $7,000-$12,000. Scar 20s Mags are a little pricey though

MR308A3 with 16,5" or 20"
Beats the SCAR in every point

Attached: 400yrd.22lr.webm (640x360, 766K)

>wanting a precision rifle
>Choosing .308

We 1999 now

m4carbine.net/archive/index.php/t-182399.html
KEK, they love the HK

Get the xproducts lower and use pmags

Attached: TA11E+RM07 GISELLE XPRODUCTS.jpg (3853x1251, 773K)

How good would 6.5CM be for shooting 1000+ yards?

PSA AR 10 Gen 2

>MR308A3

Is it more reliable though? SCARs have the reliability of an AK. I have seen them soaked in mud, then had a fresh Magazine in and still fired.

Honestly there are only 2 choices based on availability and commonplaceness.The .308 and 50 BMG (other calibers are close to $4 a bullet anyways, and 50 BMG is a NATO round.

Oh, I see. It's a bait thread.

Where did he state he wanted a "precision rifle"? He said he wants the best 7.62, mong.

>Is it more reliable though? SCAR
Fucking yes !
During testing 300 rounds of Silver State Armory 147gr FMJ and 200 rounds of Pierce Ammunition 147gr FMJ were used with no malfunctions of any sort. To add, the rifle was dry, no lubricant was applied at all. Accuracy testing was done at 100 yards with a Leupold Mark 4, 3.5 to 10x scope with an illuminated reticle. This scope has a 40mm objective and is equipped with bullet drop compensator for the 7.62x51mm round with a 168gr projectile. The illuminated reticle is turned on or off by the user and has 11 increments of brightness. Three different types of match ammunition were used for testing for accuracy. These types of ammunition were Silver State Armory 175gr OTM, Hornady SUPERFORMANCE 178gr Match OTM and a custom Pierce Ammunition 150 grain Hornady SST projectile. Both Silver State Armory and the custom Pierce ammunition shot sub-MOA but the tightest group of .540 inches was shot with the Pierce Custom ammunition.

OP here

No, not bait thread

Interesting, I didn't know that. Sounds like HK is just as reliable as FN. Big question for you is why pay $5,000 for the HK .308, instead of $4000 for the SCAR 20s? Both HK and FN make good guns, why pay $1,000 more? I'm curious.

Attached: michael.gif (220x122, 114K)

Every fucking poser uses the Scar, just go for the HK and have a better gun with subMOA with a handfull of loads. The HK is better for DMR than the MBR SCAR
youtube.com/watch?v=YJGcYtNp7U8

Does it take SR-25/DPMS pattern? Or are the HK mags proprietary?

>SR-25/DPMS
>HK mags
Dude, the price is yolo for that price

Fair, but if thats your argument what scope would you put on it?

Im living in Ger. so helping this way isnt good since export taxes and shit.
The Bundeswehr uses the SB 3–20 × 50 PM II for the G28 but every other scope should do fine.,
Better start a new thread for it or look at YT
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_HK417#G28

A rifle chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor

What about bolt actions? OP's pic has one

I got an FN Fnar. Not exactly an battle rifle, but this bad boy shoots pretty much as straigt as a bolt rifle. Ugly as fuck though. But its guaranteed 1 moa out of the box with good ammo. Just something to consider, sice you can get them pretty cheap these days.

Attached: l1_rifles_fn_fnar_308nato_rifle_saletrade_104529.jpg (1024x571, 626K)

Looks like the AR10 for the nigger world AKA Highpoint

Its a solid well constructed rifle. But its more like a police sniper than something you run around with in the mud.

I would get a custom build based on a rem 700, and still be wildly cheaper than a scar or hk.

Is the SR-25 worth the crazy price?

>MR308A3

HK finally succeeded in making something even uglier than a SCAR. I applaud them.

not everyone sticks 6.5mememoors up their tiny peehole, fren