ITT: Firearms that are not weapons of war

ITT: Firearms that are not weapons of war

Attached: punt_gun.jpg (1600x1243, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ballisticmag.com/2018/12/04/remington-masterblaster-industrial-gun/
youtube.com/watch?v=E0ganAXehok
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No czoy boy will ever experience war

Attached: 3b3af85.jpg (2370x1865, 287K)

Attached: q378s5289k821.jpg (456x464, 41K)

I got you famalam

Attached: 7-g55ae160_1.jpg (550x550, 19K)

*not technically firearms

Attached: BangsticksAS.jpg (483x444, 94K)

Attached: gillette14m.gif (500x337, 111K)

4pbp

Attached: 1314487.jpg (500x318, 20K)

Attached: CaptiveBolt2.jpg (504x338, 42K)

looks like that'd be some effort to clean the brains off

>ITT: Firearms that are not weapons of war
I can do you one better - here's a gun meant specifically to SAVE lives

Attached: lyle gun.jpg (1024x683, 90K)

**only if attached to a pole

Fun fact, you don't need a stamp for these things so long as you only use them for industrial purposes.

Attached: masterblaster.jpg (570x310, 46K)

Why would you need a stamp?

It's suppressed

Line thrower?

yeah. used by the u.s. lifesaving service [and u.s. lighthouse service] to send a big metal dildo with a line on it to ships wrecked off shore so people could be rescued with a breeches buoy. those lifesaving guys had giant balls made of steel.

suppressor
barrel less than 16"
OAL less than 26"
pick one, your choice

You don't seem to understand the scale of the thing.
The barrel alone is 3 feet long and the gun and mount is ~100 pounds.

An industrial (i.e. non-sporting) 8ga should be a DD though

yeah what you're talking about and whats in the picture are two different things then

>OAL less than 26"
The Remington Master Blaster has an OAL of 60".

It's not a weapon. NFA laws, especially the DD section, only apply to weapons.
I'm talking about the Remington one shown. They are massive pieces of equipment compared to sporting arms.

Attached: 500px-StG44-M16-MovieProp.jpg (500x140, 21K)

Here in the Philippines and also in Malaysia/Indonesia, we (used to) have a tradition of forging elaborate, well decorated, cannons meant as gifts.

Its a practice started by the Sultan of Brunei who gave cannons to his friends. The more elaborate your cannon was, the more value you were as a friend.

They were also wedding gifts by royalty: princesses of precolonial states got elaborate well decorated cannons as dowries from a marrying prince. They were fired during weddings.

Later on in the 1500s they were also considered the greatest diplomatic gift you can give to an allied state. Because the implicit message with gifting a cannon among Insular Southeast Asian states and tribes was that "i trust you with the deadliest weapon in my arsenal."

Attached: Lantaka.jpg (600x450, 32K)

Nope. The one in the picture is a Master Blaster made by Remington in 8 gauge. It's literally 5 feet long and weighs 100 pounds.

ballisticmag.com/2018/12/04/remington-masterblaster-industrial-gun/
youtube.com/watch?v=E0ganAXehok

Attached: Capture.jpg (854x659, 94K)

Is that for horses?

US Coast Guard uses modified M1903 Springfields as line throwers.

Attached: USCGC_Katmai_Bay_130730-G-KB946-001-780x700.jpg (780x700, 87K)

Very interesting, thanks for sharing user.

Show me the definition of a "weapon" in US law and explain why an industrial firearm wouldn't fall under it.

Not with that attitude it wont be

Attached: Punt Gun Tom Knapp-2.jpg (371x494, 36K)

The Miao Tribes of SOuthern China are probably the only Chinese citizens legally allowed to carry firearms as private citizens because their traditional weapons were old Chinese matchlocks. And China does make leeways for ethnic practices as long as they don't disturb the peace.

To ensure that, the local cadre in Miao territory have ensured that their muskets were just mere caplocks (think civil war musket) and have parts of their barrels breached so it wont be an effective musket if used ever.

So they're basically just ceremonial weapons.

Attached: Miao People.jpg (1156x768, 203K)

If you can"t figure out why an industrial tool is not classified as a weapon I'm sure your mother could get you dictionary.
>(2) Any weapon by whatever name known which will, or which may be readily converted to, expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or other propellant, the barrel or barrels of which have a bore of more than one-half inch in diameter (.50 inches or 12.7 mm), except a shotgun or shotgun shell which the Secretary finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes; and
>The term destructive device shall not include any device which is neither designed nor redesigned for use as a weapon; any device, although originally designed for use as a weapon, which is redesigned for use as a signaling, pyrotechnic, line throwing, safety or similar device; surplus ordnance sold, loaned or given by the Secretary of the Army, pursuant to the provisions of section 4684(2), 4685, or 4686 of Title 10 of the United States Code; or any other device the Secretary finds is not likely to be used as a weapon, or is an antique or is a rifle which the owner intends to use solely for sporting purposes.

What is the definition of a "weapon" in the USC?

Get a dictionary.
It's an English word in fairly common usage so would not need a definition.

I want to know what the legal definition of a weapon is in US law.

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary defines a weapon as "something (such as a club, knife, or gun) used to injure, defeat, or destroy"

>or any other device the Secretary finds is not likely to be used as a weapon

industrial purposes such as?

They're used for shooting scale buildup off of kilns

Attached: custardfeast.jpg (584x438, 191K)

wrong image

Attached: Dardick.jpg (795x670, 97K)

Tell that to the ducks

Attached: it is especially forbidden to employ arms, projections, or materials calculated to cause unnecessary (1600x1200, 247K)

21st century guillotine