Are these any good?

are these any good?

I have a brick of .22LR that doesn't seem to agree with my Ruger American Rimfire that I need to get rid of. I know I could get a Ruger 10/22 for about the same price, but I am running out of space in my safe and honestly i plain just don't like 10/22s.

Also I'm taking my bitch shooting soon and it would be nice to start her out on my AR with less noise/recoil before moving up to .223

Attached: 142149.jpg (880x660, 49K)

They get dirty fast, but seem not to jam. I rate it a 4 out of 5

as someone with 1 for for the most part they work but not perfectly. id say 1 jam every 100 or so aka it jams at least once every 4-5 magazines
subpar accuracy
if you want it for performance or bang for buck a dedicated 22lr is miles better.
if you just want to shoot 22lr out of an ar its acceptable enough.

does it at least have pistol range accuracy?

Will using it damage my ar?

I enjoy mine. I don't consider it a replacement for a dedicated .22LR semi-auto rifle, though.

From what I understand, a Better Mag adapter and S&W .22 mags are a worthwhile upgrade, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

its good enough for a cokecan at 50
if it was say a 10/22 you could tell exactly where you hit the soda can
with this you just hit the can.

depends how much you shoot
it will make it a pain in the ass to clean
if you shoot a bunch dont clean then try to swap back to 5.56 the gun may not function at all.
if you keep trying to force it then you could really fuck it. honestly if you clean and maintain its fine.

It'll lead your barrel up if you're using unjacketed rounds. Might even clog the gas port. Running a few rounds of .223 through the rifle after shooting .22LR blows all the gunk out well enough.

>Running a few rounds of .223 through the rifle after shooting .22LR blows all the gunk out well enough.
this works if you keep the roundcount low
if you shoot say 2k of 22lr then try to do that with .223 nope

>i plain just don't like 10/22s.
You also probably kick dogs and spit in blind beggars tin cups. If you don't like 10/22's you're a faggot.

Fuck those 22lr kits suck. Build an Appleseed liberty training rifle.

Marlin 795
Tech Sights
GI sling

If youre lucky, the sights will cost more than the gun and sling will cost less than a fancy latté.

Fucking forgot pic

Attached: marlin795LTR_right_4881ao.jpg (630x410, 30K)

10/22 is king ,you are a brainlet.

I’ve got one. Haven’t had any issues with it so far only a few hundo rounds though. I found that if I use CCI Quiet ammo through it it tends to shoot 2-3 rd bursts so that’s pretty neat. Kinda scary but neat

On a somewhat related note,

I live in western Europe, I want a dedicated semi auto .22 lr rilfe for practice, training new shooters and possibly for IPSC mini-rifle competitions. I want a AR-15 style rifle, so do which one should I buy? Keep in mind that a Ruger 10/22 cost about 750 Eurobucks here.

Do you guys have any opinions about higher end 22 lr AR:s, got any recomendations other than M&P15-22 sport?

This is the equivalent of going to a food bar, taking off your clothes and sitting in a bowl of soup

I have that thing and I just wish the peep hole was bigger since I can't fucking see in not-bright lighting or against black targets. I've considered drilling it.
So I threw a FastFire 3 red dot I had lying around on it. Have I committed a sin?

CMMG makes good dedicated .22 uppers (and full rifles) that are much better than their convo kitsch in terms of accuracy. PSA also sometimes has some dedicated .22 uppers, dont know much about those.

I have two dedicated 22lr ARs. I would sugest getting a s&w m&p15-22. Same idea as a dedicated but much cheaper. Plus the s&w mags are better than the cmmg or blackdog mags in OPs pic.

22lr single action

Inb4 atf meme.

I have a PSA pistol upper. Had constant feed and eject issues, contacted them, and sent the bolt back. Second bolt had the same issues. Sent it back. Ordered a CMMG bolt and have had zero issues since. The third PSA bolt is still sitting in the package, never bothered to test it because why bother.