Handgun General - /hg/ - #275

guns of yesteryear edition

Pastebin:
pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Guide:
scribd.com/document/382993265/gitgud-1-rev2-1

previous

Attached: p99_comp_rt.jpg (1024x600, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

badgercustomgrips.com/smith-wesson/j-frame-round-full-grip
anacortesgunshop.com/ruger-sr1911-night-watchman-black-45-acp-425-inch-7rd-night-sights-122793#
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There sure are a lot of hitlerdubs in /hg/. I guess I'll similarly contribute.

Attached: the 88s.jpg (2000x1333, 1.02M)

Deutsche Waffen?

Attached: USPee2.jpg (1500x1000, 1.27M)

walther is the preferred pistol manufacturer of the third Reich after all...

Attached: 20150131_135915.jpg (1690x1268, 225K)

Best round butt J frame grips that:
>aren’t wood
>aren’t rubber
>cover the backstrap
>offer full handed grip
>speedloader compatible
Pls and thenk u

Attached: 473C3142-D535-44ED-99D8-E7FB1E1A56E9.gif (438x592, 1.95M)

Beste waffen.

Attached: USP Pistols.png (801x714, 1.35M)

get some spectraply or dymalux synthetic "wood" grips from here:
badgercustomgrips.com/smith-wesson/j-frame-round-full-grip

it will look something like this (but not wood obv)

Attached: J+Frame+Full+Bocote+Tung+Oil.jpg (800x450, 63K)

is this the HK general?

Attached: wC0LD4b.jpg (900x596, 413K)

It is now! Thanks giga-hitler!

Attached: 20180811_175053.jpg (2048x1536, 1.03M)

Is this muzzle device designed to enhance recoil?

What's happening in this thread

Attached: VP.jpg (1500x1000, 569K)

i was wondering the same thing.

Found a hole in the wall gun shop on Montana that had 20 boxes of green tips for this guy. Bought them all.

Attached: 20190123_172608.jpg (4032x2268, 1.61M)

hand
nugget

Attached: NagantWheelie.jpg (1498x998, 1.16M)

what is up with these digits ffs?
did gookmoot sell out to the stormers or something?
no the cuts are for aesthetics and to allow the barrel to cool since gas is being captured and diverted at the muzzle. the comp still has the required vent holes at the top along with the barrel. the it's similar to the USP match weight, or the aftermarket USP compensator, but for Walther's obviously.

Oh my fuck

somebody who actually owns and shoots a Five Seven? that's a rare sight around here.
please tell us more.
that nagant is in shockingly good condition.
I've always wondered why nobody has tried to make a super lightweight alloy frame version of this gun in SAO and with a not totally trash trigger as a kit gun so you don't have to deal with flame cutting out the gap and it could be silenced. that would be pretty cool, I think.

It's not in that great of condition to be honest. Lots of pitting..on the other side.

tee hee

Don't shoot it as much as I would like to because of the CPR. I reload for my AK and thought about reloading for this but got scared away after hearing horror stories. I like that my wife feels perfectly fine shooting it. Feel comfy having it next to the bed at night with the 30rd mag. Never had a malfunction with 20 or 30 round mag.
Anyone recommend a budget flashlight/laser to put on it?

Looks like a full blown Deutschewaffenfest

Attached: literally walther.jpg (2000x1333, 394K)

did magnum research ever make a MR9c?
could you fit a Magnum research slide on a P99c frame?

Is the discord dead? I got diszucced

It finally came yesterday, will shoot it Sunday. I already love it and haven’t been this excited over a gun since I bought an AUG almost two years ago. It’s such a slick feeling handgun

A gun isn’t truly yours until you’ve pooped with it

Attached: AFC0A87A-F290-41DD-97DC-EB7120433A74.jpg (2048x1536, 543K)

the P226 is the greatest pistol on earth and there is nothing anybody can say that will convince me otherwise.

Attached: sig 226.jpg (1939x2579, 596K)

Congrats man. I guarantee you'll never want to shoot another handgun other than it. I don't, but force myself to.

theres nothing quite like pooping with your new gat, truely a good bonding experience

Now I’m seriously considering getting my toes wet in NFA and getting a suppressor for it, it feels like a waste having a threaded barrel but no can

The gun is covered in my sharticles now and that marks it as truly mine

I think i'm going to buy an FNX-45 tactical soon. Can someone recommend a solid holster with good retention for this gun? I'd like to eventually put an RMR and light on it

Not as far as I know
Yep they sure do, same with the SW99 and PPQ

Noice m8

Attached: two glocks.jpg (2600x1733, 1.53M)

For some reason from the thumbnail I thought that was a vape holster, don't ask me why. Nice P226, they pigfat tho, just admit it.

Nice Beretta

/hg/ conformed /m9a3 general/

how is the finish holding up on your emperor scorpion P226? any changes to the gun since you picked it up many moons ago?
>P226
>greatest pistol
that's not how you spell M11A1, my friend...
you could buy one of beretta's muzzle devices for the laughs
>pic related
I meant a Mr9 slide on specifically a P99c frame, not the P99 full size, but thanks anyways.
sorry quads beats dubs
this is a HK designated zone now.
try again next week.

Attached: C5h930-Beretta-Typhoon.jpg (650x650, 33K)

>you could buy one of beretta's muzzle devices for the laughs

You have no idea how much I've considered getting a threaded barrel and that exact muzzle device for shits and giggles.

Attached: AP EX.jpg (1891x1322, 1.33M)

Por que no los dos

Attached: F97FB2BE-9EBD-460C-9F13-AC07911B8452.jpg (4032x3024, 3.73M)

could sell the gun or trade for an APX Combat and then buy the brake, but they're a bit overpriced, desu. it's just a tube with some holes in it, after all.
if Beretta sold one that matched the slide serrations in shape and style, that might be a different story...
do you like the finger grooves on your APX?
If I were to get an APX, I think I'd prefer the alternate smooth frame, but they don't seem as obnoxious as Glock.

What does HG think of the PMR 30. I have a guy interested in trading me one for some spare AR parts I have laying around.

Attached: fullsizeoutput_926.jpg (833x552, 127K)

They’re cool. They can be finicky. Mags have issues when loaded to capacity. They prefer heavier bullets like 45gr hornaday critical defense. Lots a noise and flash for marginally better performance than a .22lr but they’re fun.

>thread pic
Which is the bigger race traitor, the P99 trigger, or anything LEM?

well sheeeiiit

Attached: muh usp.jpg (960x720, 80K)

Attached: complete emptying.jpg (4096x3072, 3.17M)

Oh. Well, yeah... but why?...

Attached: IMG_3598.jpg (1800x1200, 522K)

I'm looking to spend about $800 on handguns.

Currently debating between a RIA GI 1911 + PPS/Shield/CZ P10C or just getting a single fancier handgun like a USP or Colt 1911. What would you guys get in that budget? Ammo and accessories not included. Only handgun I have right now is a G19 and I don't particularly love it.

Attached: 1491930834687.png (335x402, 159K)

...are you some kind of creeper into gun docking or something?

Attached: IMG_3599.jpg (1800x1200, 363K)

Conversion or tommybuilt receiver? Waiting on the next batch to come out, ordered a t36k pistol.

nice airshit

Get one nice thing, you've got a reliable beater already in your g19 so treat yourself to something nice.
Personally I've been in love with my 10mm p220 sao since I got it last June and if I was looking to buy a handgun right now in your budget I'd be browsing for a used P220 SAO model in 45.
I have peculiar tastes though.

Ty for the response, but both of those materials are wood

Attached: 082EE9D0-7FF3-4420-872E-5B5EC8DBA3EA.jpg (768x1024, 142K)

now do one with the MR9 longslide on a P99c frame
>interested in a 1911
>has $800 to spend
oh boy do I have a gun for you:
anacortesgunshop.com/ruger-sr1911-night-watchman-black-45-acp-425-inch-7rd-night-sights-122793#
no just experimenting, mr hitler.
Heil!

Attached: wm_7746865.jpg (1024x551, 60K)

Is the Trijicon RMR 2 3.5MOA the most gucci of the red dots? I picked up a G19 MOS today and want to get the best for my bbe.

spectraply is just about as much wood as plastic is petroleum, which is to say it's hardly the same thing at all.
It's a composite resin laminate akin to Corian, and is the closest you'll get to actual plastic grips. I don't think you'll find anything else that will fit your very specific criteria, sadly.

Depends on what you consider gucci.
>best at actually being a sight
Leupold Deltapoint Pro
>best at being most rugged
Probably a crapshoot between that titanium Holosun and the RMR v1
>best at looking tacticool
RMR v1
>best at being expensive
Okay yeah probably the RMR v2.

I will say that 3.5 MOA is a pretty excellent dot size for a handgun. Good blend of speed and precision.

>most gucci of red dots
that throne will be held by the ACRO for a long time. nothing will come close anytime soon.

>inb4 the screaches of holochink shills

I’m worried about moisture retention against the frame under the grips so wood or wood derivatives are out of the question
>tfw no nanbu m60 Bakelite banana grips

Attached: 57C1D0B1-3590-4F84-9334-52771736799D.jpg (1242x1775, 685K)

Decocker or manual safety on a Cz75?

If you want a double action first shot get a decocker
If you want cocked & locked for a single action first shot, get a safety
The difference is nothing but preferrence

A manual safety supposedly gives it a better trigger pull than the decocker version, but don't quote me on that.

that will potentially be a problem no matter the material of the grip, but laminates are not porous like real wood. they are basically plastic with sawdust as a filler/additive and pressure fused together into larger blocks from sheets.
I'd just put some grease or oil underneath the grips regardless.

>when you don't know what your talking about but need to feel important anyways
The V2 is considerably more rugged when it comes to slide mounted applications. They literally needed to come out with it because the V1 wasn't up to snuff, particularly with dot flicker issues.
>trips of truth
this is correct, and the trigger on the safety models can be made much more gucci, much easier, than the decocker ones.

I've seen more broken V2s than I have V1s, and the V1s have been around for fucking ever by this point.

It's definitely the toughest (until the ACRO can be tested) but that alone doesn't make it "best" for your application. The lenses are strongly tinted bluegreen, they have some of the most distortion of any dot, they're redic expensive new (though you can find used Type 2s under $400) and they lack any new kind of automation that the competition now sport. I say new because even the ancient Optimas and Firepoints had auto-brightness, that ain't shit.

What are you doing with the gun, and what kind of sights do you have, need and want?

>titanium Holosun
Just ordered one of those today but they aren't shipping for another month or so. I'm curious to see if Sage Dynamics does another video for the 508T because the aluminum 507C did really well.

Decocker is the most practical for carry because it's a DA/SA pistol, but if it's mostly for range time or home defense and NOT carry, then safety has a slightly better trigger.

Attached: 507.jpg (2000x1333, 449K)

>chinkshit is way more nicely finished and has less tinted lens than the rmr
trij resting on their laurels the end is near

Are you retarded or.....?

I want an acro on a ppq q5

Probably because the V2 is overwhelmingly more popular when it comes to high impact(AKA slide mounted) use. The major difference between the two is in the battery contacts, IIRC internal electronics are largely the same.
>.t owner of both auto adjust and manual RMRs
Auto adjust is bad on a serious use dot. They measure light at the RDS, not at the target. Shoot from a bright area to a dark area causes mild problems and shooting from a darker area to a brighter one means lol nodot. This is particularly noticeable when running a firearm with a WML.

>not putting an ACOG on a MARK 23 with suppressor and LAM
filthy casual

T36 receiver, cobbled together myself. Do it, they're lovely.

I fell for the CZoy meme, lads. I rented a CZ75B at my range and loved every second of shooting it. I have a CZ75 P-01 and P-10S on layaway right now and I’m saving to purchase a Scorpion.

Why would I try to convince a scholar such as you is wrong when you are clearly right?

21st birthday today, picking up my Manurhin on Friday. Trying to figure out what other guns to purchase.

Attached: 20180901_143418.jpg (2016x1134, 546K)

Might as well get a Shadow 2 instead of their base P-01 and a striker gat.

Burt no
Burt pls

22 mag is a meme

>shooting from a darker area to a brighter one means lol nodot
I wasn't touting auto-brightness as a good feature, but this is not entirely true. Powered dots become difficult to see with a WML in darkness but they don't completely wash out like the dual-illuminated RMRs do. Shooting from shadow into sunlight though is not a problem for an automatic brightness controlled dot, it doesn't get dim enough to get lost or disappear in that condition, it's just comparatively dim. I've owned all kinds too.

Yes, manual control is definitely better in almost every circumstance. But I was referring to the automation that Leupold and Holosun have which Trijicon lacks; auto-on and auto-off.

No shit, you did it? Crazy sonofagun

Oh yes yes yes

Attached: factory cum.jpg (1600x1067, 261K)

LGS didn’t have one and said it would take about a month to get one. I couldn’t wait.

Shame, the Shadow 2 is so good it can turn a mediocre shooter into a good one. It's almost cheating.

Model 19 or 586? What's a fair deal on a 19 in good/very good condition; $550? Anything thru 19-4 in 4" or 6" is what I'm interested in.

>No shit, you did it? Crazy sonofagun
Yep, I'm also looking into getting a MR96 imported as well.

Care to share how you did it and what it costs?
I know you basically need to talk to an importer but I'd like a more thorough rundown from someone who has done it.
It would be mighty appreciated.

Haven't finished the process but I've been in contact with a few exporters/3rd parties thanks to LifeSizePotato who helped me in the process. It'll end up being another $600 on top of the cost of the gun after shipping, ATF, and export/import fees. Once I finish the process and go through with the purchase I can post here. I doubt people in here are going to be buying-up MR96es so you'll see when I get it in a minimum of 8 months.

8 months? It's really that long or just the time it'll take before you do it again?
600 bucks on top isn't as bad as I thought however.
Anyways, I'm wanting to get an original p210 and after hearing about the far better prices on them in Europe I was thinking about what importing would cost me.

>It's really that long or just the time it'll take before you do it again?
Total time from point in which you get into contact with a foreign exporter, they buy the gun, they process the foreign export paperwork and arrange shipping, importer is contacted, ATF approves, and you get your gun.

>Powered dots become difficult to see with a WML in darkness but they don't completely wash out like the dual-illuminated RMRs do.
Gonna have to argue that, this very fact is why i finally switched from a type 1 auto adjust RMR to a type 2 manual one. Dot flicker was fixable with a shim, but what i couldn't fix was the fact that if i went from a dot auto adjusted to darkness and turned on my WML on my HD firearms the dot frequently and entirely disappeared in many instances. I did this multiple times on different potential HD firearms in the actual circumstances id likely use them in. On dark surfaces it was still barely visible if everything worked out right but outside of that it was simply unusable for the critically important 1-2s where i would be IDing a potential threat and deciding a shoot/no shoot reaction.
>manual control is definitely better in almost every circumstance. But I was referring to the automation that Leupold and Holosun have which Trijicon lacks; auto-on and auto-off.
Well, i guess that's understandable, i'm a little reluctant to trust those features but i'll readily admit that it's out of personal old man prejudice of rather having to change batteries more frequently than "letting" a machine decide when to turn on/off in a life or death situation than any real world issues i've heard or experienced. really don;t know enough to have a firm opinion either way at the moment.

How did I do?

Attached: 20190328_041052.jpg (4032x3024, 3.18M)

Super fun for plinking, but don't use one in a defensive capacity as they are rimfire so they misfire occasionally and don't pack much power. 10/10 fun gun tho

Your hands would be a lot prettier if you maintained them

Thinking about getting one too because it's the only model p-01 I can find in stock.

>soi gun
>soi hands
Checks out.

cut your fucking nails, good gun tho

Attached: IMG_20190317_180805.jpg (2024x1518, 1.8M)

Hey thanks, but I wasn't planning on hand modeling today. I'm just currently letting myself sink into a pit of wallowing depression and existential angst.

Those contacts look super gross.

You gonna be okay, user?

Attached: 75bsa.jpg (1328x747, 786K)

Yeah don't worry I have to show my new gun to my real life friend before I can shoot myself with it.

Getting a clock 19 for first gun
Do I go with Gen 3 or Gen 4?

Looking to get my first .45acp, USP45 Expert or Elite and what's the difference?

Gen 3

then get dif grips nigger

Longer barrel and lightened frame on the Elite. What are you looking to do with the gun because your choices aren't particularly useful for much.