Ultimate 10/22 builds - LIGHT OR HEAVY??????

Alright I'm gonna build a top tier supreme precision plinker for my waifu. I'm willing to drop $300 for a Volquartsen trigger group for that pull weight of mere ounces.

However to my understanding there seems to be two routes people build these things - super lightweight for off hand shooting, red dot or 1-4x for plinking steel plates relatively up close.

And then heavy, benchrest guns with scopes in 8-32x range, fixed 30x's seems common for drilling bullseyes at 25y,50y,100yards.

How would /k build one? Checking out everything from Volquartsen, Kidd, TSol, Green Mountain, Hederson... Everyone says their shit is the best but it's hard to say what to go with. A carbon fiber wrapped barrel is appealing for a sub-5 lbs ultimate "high speed zero drag" tack driver.

Attached: IMG_0142.jpg (640x480, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

brownells.com/rifle-parts/sights/rear-sights/ruger-10-22-rear-sight-w-rail-prod56476.aspx
brownells.com/rifle-parts/sights/front-sights/ruger-10-22-adjustable-front-sight-standard-barrel-prod42911.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I guess I'm asking, if I go lightweight, does it sacrifice bullseye drilling out to 100 yards? Also considering the Magnum Research 10/22 parts

And takedown vs regular? I will never go backpacking survival larping with it, ever. Nor hunt larp either.

Attached: s-l1000 (1).jpg (505x505, 43K)

Kinda leaning towards fuckhuge but the ones I've shot are annoyingly top heavy

Attached: 6311465_01_custom_ruger_10_22_volquartsen_640.jpg (640x427, 59K)

Come on fags get off your AK and AR and HK general jerk off threads you don't even shoot guns

Savage 110 running $699.99 usd at retail. Seems way too much.

ill bump your thread for you

Nooooo I already have a 700 build for reaching far. I want to tap out a brick of 500 on dueling trees with da homies

When I stop being a poorfag college student I wanna get a 10/22 and make it as light as possible.

How light can we go boys?

Right there with you.
I just don't have much to say about these.
When you're out there in a war party you have to be agile in all the fields. Not just one specific specialty.

These guns kind of do that when theyre high powered.

Not going to go lowerrrr than 3.25lbs of the Marlin 70PSS. Rugers receiver and mag area is too wide and bulky.

But from what I've read, it's not hard to get to the 4lb range with aluminum shrouded or carbon fiber shrouded barrels and the flimsy plastic stock.

Attached: maxresdefault (10).jpg (1280x720, 93K)

Lightweight sacrifices repeat accuracy since the barrel will heat up pretty quick with the lightweight barrels.

Takedown is absolutely pointless besides just having one for the neato factor, since you sacrifice accuracy and it won't hold a dead nuts on zero. If the size was such a HUGE deal just get a 10/22 charger if you want to larp around.

If you're main focus is on being accurate as fuck, I'd recommend a CZ bolt .22 or a Savage BTVS.

>possibly thousands of dollars for a fucking 22
A 30 power scope will suck for shooting 100 yards. Get her a 1-6.

No way I already have two bolt actions. And the takedown is praised cause it's easier to clean the barrel. No receiver to get in the way, just a tube with a 224" hold 16" long. Versus dealing with the little ejection port.

The rails are on the barrel now so you don't lose zero

And lol 10/22s have been out shooting CZ52s and 55 for a decade now. Working a bolt is hella fun though. I guess I do know more than everyone here sorry /K you kids suck more ass than ever. Hope one day you get your lives together

Mine has a Magpul stock, Green Mountain fluted bull barrel, Ruger BX trigger, some mag release I hate, Aimpoint PRO red dot, Nodak Spud irons.

Attached: 1DE9FAB1-5512-4B2F-9F6E-D24F3455F3DF.jpg (2048x1536, 766K)

Bruh a couple racks for a gun I'll use maybe four times a year doesn't phase me the slightest

Lets be real, if your pussy bleeds that much because of having to pull a bore snake through the receiver then you should own guns in the first place.

10/22s do not outshoot CZ or Savage bolt guns out of the box for obvious reasons.

Sorry that you’re a dumb faggot who thinks that a semiauto will outshoot a bolt gun, and whose a little bitch about cleaning their guns.

Shoot every weekend and come back to me.

And yeah, there's no benefit with bolt rimfires over semi auto rimfire. 1/4" groups at 50 yards are hard to improve upon with a .224" bullet.

You are a fag , rimfire isn't a precision round.

I think the olympic committee needs to hear this vital news immediately.

I have a 10/22 barrel / receiver. Does anyone know a good place to find a good stock?

Attached: MortonAssalt.jpg (500x597, 54K)

Light is comfy to carry, heavy is comfy to shoot.

Pick whichever you'll be doing more of.

T/cr22 is a semi custom 10/22 that weights 4.5lbs. Mines pretty damn handy.

two options:

buy a 10/22 receiver made of either 6061 or 7075 machines aluminum that has a built-in rail and buy either a kidd or volquartsen bull barrel

or

buy a bolt action rifle in .17 hmr and spend the rest on a nice scope + ammo + accessories.

I have a $1300 10/22 where the only original parts are the bolt and trigger pack, and can get 1 inch groups at 100 yards without trying. My friends .17hmr does even better then that, bone stock.

Are you looking to play with expensive lego bits or are you chasing accuracy/fundamentals with a cheapish round?

Pic not related, i'm late for work. I'll pop in every so often.

Attached: 1528568074621.jpg (414x474, 82K)

what are those iron sights?

Tech sights, less then $100

Reeeee is all I hear from you. Cleaning is extremely easy and quick.

Only fags shoot groups at 50 yards with .22. Stop being a little bitch and shoot to 100 like the rest of the civilized world.

Just because your a fuckin poor who depends on NEETBUX for your firearms doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t afford accurate .22. Come talk shit when you can actually shoot under a half MOA group you kike.

Again, this gun is for my waifu. She'll go with me about 4 times a year.
I've been going more and more recently. I have a crazy busy life and cleaning filthy rimfires is chore when I should be making more money instead.

Also still debating Takedown Vs Regular rifle. Thinking about having extra barrels, 1 for iron sights, 1 for red dot, 1 for 1-6x scope, 1 for a high magnification target scope and heavy barrel

If you're only going to shoot it that often, take her to an LGS and have her handle the big rack of used 22s. Buy the one she likes best. Spend the money you saved on buying her something that she likes as much as you like guns.

Chasing ultimate easy mode plinking plates, cans, bottles, out to ~150 yards. Not sure what sight my waifu prefers the most. We have other 22lrs with irons and 1 with a cheap 4-12x.

We have an Ithaca X-5, Marlin 60, and my 10/22 with a cheap scope. The Ithaca and Marlin are very old and I just want to build a super sick ultimate tack driver with a Volquartsen trigger. Shot a friends and wow what a difference between having a ~5-6 lb trigger to a 24oz. trigger.

if you're serious, you need to look into precision builds and tradeoffs (including cutting your chamber for a specific ammo brand). By the time you're spending that much, you can probably buy an anschutz which will have a better value. But if you want to do it for the hell of it, the guys at rimfirecentral are probably the best source. Make sure you do your research first though.

10/22s are awful group chasers, even with a lot of money in them theyre 1moa at best. Go with a nice bolt, ruger, or savage, or just go straight for the beans and grab an Anschutz.

We dislike 22lr bolt actions. Again, me and buddies go through a brick of ammo in no time. The right tool for the job is a 10/22. Jow Forums stop suggesting faggot contrarian products that are the wrong tool for the job.

This is similar to the plates we speed-shoot and race against with. Also have two with 10 4" plates on a 2x4

A bolt action is laughably wrong here. It would be showing up in your stick shift fedora wagon against a McLaren

Attached: Screenshot_20190328-111127.jpg (1080x2340, 1.4M)

thank for the help, niggers.

Its a 22lr being heavy to reduce recoil isnt ever a factor.

You're not going to appreciate the accuracy increase when shooting steel, so imo build a light as fuck 10/22 and put a nice trigger in it.

Really your decision can come down to:
>Am I going to shoot offhand or benched?

An awkward and heavy gun will suck to shoot offhand with, but will thrive off a bench.

I'm . 22lr reeeallly spreads out after 100 yards on a 22, and then you're just throwing money at small issues. Take a look at the ballistics of the 17 hmr and/or youtubes.

I personally wish that someone warned me about that before I dumped all that money into building up my 22lr.

Try not to be poor, or a shitshot user. 10/22s are shit for precision builds, research it. They're fine for plinking cans at 25 yards, but once you practice up, you'll realize thats not good enough.

I don't care if it's light or heavy as long as it's quiet.

Attached: 23507743_189355501634262_4551286477459292160_n.jpg (640x640, 173K)

Bruh I'm willing to drop $2k on a 22. Bruh I shoot better than you with a bone stock Ithaca 22 @ 100y than your bolt centerfire

Magpul

Nigger are you even reading what im saying? Im a huge advocate for .22s, I have many. I shoot 5k .22s for every 100 centerfires I fire. Im just warning OP that 10/22s are an awful base for a precision build.

Saying they are shit for precision is a huge exaggeration. Again, 1/4" @ 50yards is easy with a 10/22. A bolt gun isn't going to shoot .2240" groups over .2500" and .5" @ 100. Wind is the bigger factor with rimfire at 100 than whether it's an Eley 22 or 17HMR or 17 WSM

2k on a 22. By an old anshutz with that amount of cash.
Don't know if you are the same user but .5 inch groups at 100 yards are pretty pathetic for true precision .22s.

Don't waste your time. OP doesn't even know what wants beyond showing off gucci parts and running his mouth.

But it’s your fault for being a dumb fag who has poor people taste.

You’re even more of a fag for this comment. Put your manlet e-dick back in your pants.

You literally don’t know how groupings are measured.

Id love to see actual .25inch @ 50 yard groups out of a ruger 10/22. Maybe, MAYBE, a volquartsen, but I doubt it.

This is apparent. OP, get a volquartsen and a nightforce. Youll shoot .1 moa

No they aren't, tard

They're Nodak spud irons. You have to buy the front and rear separately, totaling to around $120. Last I checked the Nodak website has them cheaper, but it's some boomer shit, with an order form you have to scan and email in with part #'s. If you end up getting some, make sure to select the front sight that matches your barrel diameter, they sell them for bull barrels, and the stock tapered.

brownells.com/rifle-parts/sights/rear-sights/ruger-10-22-rear-sight-w-rail-prod56476.aspx
brownells.com/rifle-parts/sights/front-sights/ruger-10-22-adjustable-front-sight-standard-barrel-prod42911.aspx

Attached: p_100012174_2.jpg (400x400, 12K)

Oh you're right. They're not. But can you see how I would make the mistake you flaming faggot? Probably because nodak copied techsights design.

Attached: TSR200-new-combo-sm.jpg (457x339, 28K)

>Probably because nodak copied techsights design.
They're both mimicking m16a1 Irons, you flaming faggot.

Attached: colt-m16a1-retro-reissue-rifle-1477740-1.jpg (1200x1200, 84K)

OP here. Alright I'll simmer down and keep the faggotry and poorfag and shitshot shit to the side.

I'm thinking Boyds Purple thumbhole stock
Magnum Research Carbon Fiber or other CF ultralight barrel. I'm not after absolute max accuracy, this will be more for speed and bouncing between plates
Volquartsen trigger group to play around in the 1-3lbs trigger pull range
Purple tactical solutions mag release

STILL UNDECIDED ON OPTIC. I'm thinking........ red dot. I have scopes on all other centerfire rifles.

My old 22's are sentimental, I don't want to modify. Might build another 10/22 as a very heavy solid steel barrel, bipod, and go with high magnification scope

Attached: z1Kvf0z.jpg (552x980, 364K)

I just don't know if the Boyds Blaster is considered lightweight. I have shot the Boyds Evolution style stock. The Magpuls, the Hogues. I'm also tired of plastic and want a laminate. Purple also a big plus.

Attached: wm_4921871.jpg (878x271, 28K)

Attached: wm_4921868.jpg (844x577, 63K)

Yeah thinking red dot is the right tool for the job.

Attached: RimfireGirl.jpg (640x424, 109K)

This. I have a takedown in a fagpul stock and I regret it. I essentially paid twice the price for a novelty factor that ruins the most basic utilities of the gun. But since I'm an autist I will never sell it because it still goes bang and makes my penor hard.

Yeah

Attached: 3vtAM3E.jpg (980x552, 253K)

>annoyingly top heavy
theyre for shooting on a rest, not running around

ohhh boy. Lets drill down to the first set of open sights then cunt.

wut?

Why do you want a reddot on a precision plinker?

Not recoil, stability. I have a 3lb 10/22 and while its immensely easy to carry it can be hard to stay on target due to how much it lazily wafts around.

you're wasting your time OP is too dumb.

Summit toggle bolt receiver, kidd 10 inch barrel, israeli tactical folding stock, pop bottle suppressor, vortex x10 moa scope, ruger bx trigger, aguila super sniper subsonic, and a chance the barrel won't even stabilize the bullet so accuracy will be non-existant beyond 40 yards

>fixed 30x's seems common for drilling bullseyes at 25y,50y,100yards.

Wat? A 22lr with a fixed 30x? Where did you hear that?

Attached: benchrestgun.jpg (620x355, 38K)

This is sadly accurate. Lurkers wish for guns they cant afford so they can look at them instead of fucking with em

True. 22LR is where it's at.

Get real; building some tricked-out meme-Ruger that far surpasses your shooting skills is just a dick measuring status play by losers who can barely walk to the shooting bench. Get your ass outside and do something real

Attached: jtCUtXN[1].jpg (640x480, 54K)

All this subtle shilling for Volsquattern