Remington 870 or Mossberg 500

Which one should i buy?

Attached: maxresdefault (9).jpg (1280x720, 127K)

Stoeger M3000
I love mine

Mossberg 500 easily. Remington has been sucked dry by private equity and now is just a husk, and the quality shows.

Mossberg 500 for it's superior safety
Besides that you really won't notice much difference.

Rem has sold-out to the Globalists

what about an older 870 from 1993?

590 or 590A1 for that sweet bayonet

i don't know anything about the 500, but i like that i can change barrels on the 870 very quickly with no tools.

>Mossberg is all he heard after the doorbell rang
>Buckshots to the brain, Triple 6 style mane
You'll find so such lyrics about a Remington.

Go to the gun stores that do police trade-ins maybe in smaller counties near the country seat and ask if they have any used 870 police magnums, otherwise mossberg.

>we have this thread every 3 hours
They both a shit, Mossman better than Remingjob now but still not great.

A Benelli Supernova.

Take the pastapill, brother.

I've owned both the mossberg for the safety alone. The action on the 500 was smoother too. I ended up selling both and got a Winchester 1300.

Not the remington unless its an old one or a police magnum. Only remingtons more expensive pump guns are any good anymore, their QC is shit on the express line these days.
Based. Nova line is truly the best reasonably priced out of box pumpgun on the market right now.

how old an 870 do i have to find?

you can get parts for them all over the place but mossberg gets an edge since some of remington's stuff is out of production or insanely expensive, their bayonet lugs for example. both can swap barrels easily.

you can't repair broken 870 extractors easily, but you can't unscrew a mossberg's magazine tube or expand it easily.

mossberg has a bit of a forend wobble whereas 870s don't. mossberg has an aluminum receiver which makes it lighter in the field while 870s have steel.

i'd say mossberg for a beater gun or tactical gun, but 870 for a refined hunter's gun. specifically, the loading gate for the 870 makes it shitty to reload in a hurry, and the mossberg has looser tolerances which makes it better for getting beat to shit.

pre-2006 is what to look for, but I would recommend as early as you can as long as the gun's in good condition because the guns were just made really solid back in the old days.

I want to like the Benelli but I hate how the receiver and stock is one piece. I like being able to swap out stocks to fit my LOP and all that. Especially since I have t-rex arms, the stocks on Benellis, coupled with their 3 1/2" magnum receiver size, make them really ill-fitting for me. I guess it's one of those deals where it's great if it fits you.

Do not buy a rustington 870, they suck.

You can change barrels on a 500 just as easily, just one knurled lug that threads into the mag tube,

Lurk at pawnshops or police surplus. Either works, it's personal preference basically. Just don't pay full price for a fucking shotgun, when you can snag a PD gun for like $100

Mossberg 500. This is my baby. 18” security barrel. I built the fast change bayonet cap myself. I have a normal pump and stock along with. 28” barrel for clays and hunting. I have 2 pistols and 2 rifles as well. This has quickly became my favorite gun.

This. Barely used shotguns are so common all across the country. You really shouldn't pay new price.

Moss 500 / Maverick 88

Ithaca 37

Shit forgot pic

Attached: 4F7AC158-93CD-4677-8381-AA53A528A5E2.jpg (4032x3024, 3.08M)

Winchester 1200/1300

Mossberg. I bought a Remington 870 express in the late 2000s and it's a piece of shit.

Attached: 1472726089402.png (1235x293, 163K)

The action is not smooth on an 870 when it locks up after firing more than 20 rounds (for clays or shtis and giggles or whatever).

I don't own a Mossberg so I don't like to say that anything can be better than my piece of shit Remington 870 Express, but seriously, it can't get worse.

>locks up
equivalent to limp wresting a handgun

Attached: 1516992831553.jpg (1296x864, 145K)

Maverick 88 is the same as the MOSS 500 and can be scored for about 120 at the pawn shop, or 200 at Academy with an 18" and 20" barrel

mossberg

>Which one should i buy?
Hold both, operate both, decide for yourself.
I much prefer the controls on the 870. I like the safety and bolt release on the trigger guard.
The safety location on the mossberg annoys me.
Aeshetically? the mossberg might have a slight edge? I flip flop a lot on that.

People keep saying that remington particularly the 870's have gone to shit. I personally have a solid 870 tactical that I love, but everyone tells me it has to be pre-2008 and i'm too much of a lazy faggot to check the serial.

The father-in-law just got a mossberg 500 for Christmas and it feels like a cheap piece of plastic garbage on its own, but especially compared to my 870. Everyone says the Mossbergs are where they're at though.

Attached: 1550463079926.jpg (2448x3264, 1.96M)

Mosqueberg 500

500 or 590

Stop shilling this garbage weapon

Everyone on this bird shits on Remington for being retarded. Most of it is deserved but most 870s you will run into are really good quality for being so cheap.

Neither. Get something fun.

Attached: Fedarm fln.png (800x800, 163K)

Explain where I am wrong about the Maverick 88? (Cracks knuckles)

I'm well prepared to show you the specs

Eagle Pass,, TX - we can guarantee the same hardware, and assembly practices. The Maverick 88 is the mossberg 500.

The mossberg dumbass. Unless you want rust and ejection failures.
How the fuck don't you know this?

Buy a pre-2006 870. The 870 is a better design than the 500 IMO.

Why is everyone hating on remington? I have a 870 express super mag made in early 2010's and it runs amazing, never had a hiccup and action is always butter smooth.

Looked after a mates 500 and wasnt a fan, the pump seemed wobbly and the weight distro felt strange

It it just a luck thing?

Forgot pic

Attached: Screenshot_20180921-171325_Gallery.jpg (1440x2960, 2.2M)