Lindybeige

Sorry to start an E-celeb threat m8s, but I've just started watching a few videos of this guy and I have to ask what you all think.

Is it just me or is he a total moron who more or less makes up half the shit he says based on his own feeling and opinion?

I watching his video on medieval coifs and one on tanks and he seems like a total retard.

Am I wrong?

Attached: lindy coif.jpg (369x426, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T34y668fRhQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't get why the fuck is he so god damn popular.

He's usually right, but he presents other people's ideas as his own.

his history videos are ok but everything he does is through a british bias and everything else he talks about is definitely more based in opinion

He doesn't believe in anthropogenic climate change so he's alright in my book.

Spandau

Because what he says sounds intelligent and sensible to people who don't have a fucking clue.

Attached: 00e.png (595x447, 80K)

What rock have you been living under?
Most people suspected Lindy of being a retard on Jow Forums but a lot of Jow Forums isn't too big on medieval-era weaponry so they couldn't really speak much on if he was talking out his ass or not.
Then he released the infamous "Bren vs. Spandau" episode and good fucking god Jow Forums was at a complete loss for words at the absolute and utter retardation that was coming out of his mouth, we had threads for months just mocking him about it.

his face makes me nervous. Like talking to a bum. Ive never even watched any of his videos and im actually going to just hide this thread now

... I don't think we needed it confirmed, but holy fuck is lindybeige's retardation confirmed.

He always looks greasy and sweaty it's kinda gross

Attached: checked.jpg (320x320, 62K)

He's super nice.

youtube.com/watch?v=T34y668fRhQ
Here he is actually shooting guns.

he is super nice, a lot of what he talks about is because he is a professor at a university and he just plain like to have fun with history/warfare.

He's a fucking retard who calls the MG42 a "Spandau". Nobody calls it that unless you are a fucking rotton-toothed limey no-guns.

Lindy BTFO by kek

He's like that professor that's so overly excited about a topic even if he's not 100% correct. It's just people here can't comprehend that most people don't care about exact details of weaponry and guns that they lambast him for.

t. lindebeige

He's a traveling dance instructor who teaches soley the lindy hop, easily the 186th most popular form of dance preferred by paying clients.

Yet he feels confident enough to comment on how militaries did dumb things that he surely would've done better since he's been making a comic 'nobody' cares about about hannibal and how kawaii he was

He's a british CWC

Nope, I've just confessed with him.

I think he's awesome, foibles and all. Fight me.

Figures you would, homo.

I don't like how you can put any weapon in his hand and after he swings it around a bit he'll mouth off its theory of use and make shit up.

How could Lindy ever HOPE to recover from this?

Attached: 1545251908009.png (207x239, 88K)

I used to watch a lot of his stuff. Not so much anymore. Honestly he's kind of guilty of doing the same bullshit Ian does, but for some reason it doesn't bother me as much. Maybe because he's a lot more entertaining while doing it, also he's not nearly as insufferable as Karl.

At least he isn't as offputting as Skallagrim.

I think he's so popular because he's an excellent storyteller and an expert in making it seem like he knows what he's talking about. Since most of his content is about ancient warfare and culture he can talk for long periods of time on nothing but pure speculation based on very loose evidence and no one can really go "Hey that's wrong you're an idiot!" because there isn't really hard evidence for how people did things back then. It's why he can have entire video on roman army formations talking about how he "thinks" they did things and everyone just kind of accepts it, there aren't any complete and comprehensive texts on roman army SOPs around anymore. However when he gets to modern stuff it's far easier to find sources saying he's wrong and then his "talk for 30 minutes acting like you know what you're talking about" method just completely falls apart with all the bullshit and misconceptions coming out of his mouth. I do like his videos where he basically just tells a story from history though.

Attached: 1521176466861.jpg (777x704, 57K)

I like his blog posts on why women have large asses and breasts.

t. cuck

It’s the work of an autistic genius

Somebody somewhere must have called it the Spandau at some point. Wasn't the MP-40 commonly called the Schmeisser just because that's what was written on the magazines? Maybe it's just a very common term in bongland?

I just watch his vids on medieval combat desu

He's reasonably knowledgeable about things pre-smokeless powder. He's also genuinely one of the better sources for bronze age military information. You just gotta take the information with a grain of salt sometimes. Anything around WW1 and forward gets shaky if it doesn't involve tanks.

While we're discussing dancing autists, what about Shadiversity?

Reminds me of middle aged/old mothers who still read fantasy books from the 80s and 70s about dragon princesses.

>a Brit that doesnt know shit about funs
Imagine my shock.

Attached: disaster-girl.jpg (600x450, 44K)

>Is it just me or is he a total moron who more or less makes up half the shit he says based on his own feeling and opinion?
That is exactly what he is. He reads some autobiography and then makes a video based entirely on his wild conjecture and the subjective opinions in the book he read.
He made his initial fame raving about medieval armor and swords, but expanded to more subjects, and the more he expanded the dumber it god.

ITT

Attached: 1471937244637.png (558x562, 14K)

Matt “I Want to Kill Lindybeige” Easton is your man.

>He's a traveling dance instructor who teaches soley the lindy hop, easily the 186th most popular form of dance preferred by paying clients.

I always found that oddly specific about him.

>Sorry to start an E-celeb threat m8s, but I've just started watching a few videos of this guy and I have to ask what you all think.

So you you've made this thread again to shill for his channel?

muh Bren is TOO accurate
muh SPANDAU

There, i saved you 200 hours of youtube faggotry

Absolutely based.

This, it's comical to see a bong lecture others on guns.

Attached: assault spork.jpg (656x815, 60K)

If he's talking about medieval weapons, he can occasionally present some insightful content. When he starts going on about anything modern, especially small arms, he somehow transmogrifies into the worst example of a nogunz pseudo-expert who gets everything wrong.

He's also very clearly trying to make himself the British version of InRange/Forgotten Weapons, which is just fucking ridiculous.

Begone Goblin!

Attached: lindybeige6.png (2518x1024, 277K)

Seems happier than Skalla and Lindy. Gets shit wrong but admits it if he's called on it.

>Am I wrong?
No, you're exactly right. Dude is John Green tier, only with an english nationalist bias instead of sjw bias.

>his history videos are ok
His history videos are as bad and opinionated as everything else he posts. He's basically a comedian.

>he is a professor at a university
He was a research associate in evolutionary psychology (and Newcastle U threw him out on his ass for being a shoddy retard), he has no confirmed history or archeology background. He's about as qualified to make history and weaponry videos as the average Jow Forums user.

Checked.
Also you should just have gone on /his/, he's a joke there.

Attached: 3f367c8940af52c9dbcd5566b83199bc.jpg (473x295, 70K)

>He's about as qualified to make history and weaponry videos as the average Jow Forums user.
>about as qualified
Less so actually since there are tons of gun owners on Jow Forums.

Okay, but, if Lindy, Ian, Skalla are not that good - who is? I'm genuinely interested in finding more interesting channels about guns and military history.

Link pls?

You're right, he does give off that vibe.
He has a very autistic fan who posts Chuck Norris tier jokes about him under every video he makes.
Shadiversity Facts or something?

ScholaGladatoria is pretty good from what I've heard?
Also Military History Visualized doesn't seem too bad from what I've seen, but I'm not very knowledgeable on any of these subjects, just started learning a while ago.

Attached: 1478431389495.jpg (359x222, 23K)

He’s a dance teacher who tries to history

>He has a very autistic fan
He's another retard that does similar videos and they all shill each others.

>ScholaGladatoria is pretty good from what I've heard?
ScholaGladiatoria is borderline academic tier. Matt Easton has a background in medieval archeology, and although he's not a professor anywhere he actually routinely lectures at various research societies like the Wallace collection and the Royal Armory museums.

France was better than England

Attached: 1AA76FDD-CAB0-40C3-9634-39CC6DB5C6D8.jpg (543x400, 47K)

germa*ns are subhuman

He's genuinely fun and captivating to listen to. He could make vids about different aspects of watching paint dry and his pure charisma would still carry them.

One has to remember that he has the competence and knowledge of a literal LARPer in nearly every object that he approaches.

True

Attached: 1516733226019.jpg (600x609, 48K)

Thank for the w.
I would argue that professor ship in itself is not worth much.

You don't need a doctorate to know shit.
Thank you for reaffirming my educated guesses though.

Attached: W.png (1895x278, 43K)

Fucking check em

>You don't need a doctorate to know shit.
True enough, although it's pretty fucking rare to find people who know their shit without the benefit of post-graduate education or a great deal of working experience. Tho in academia you need a doctorate to gain said working experience so yeah.
>I would argue that professor ship in itself is not worth much.
How exactly is studying a subject in depth for a living not worth much when discussing that specific subject? What *is* actually worth much to you?

he wears steel armour and swings swords around, so at least he shows that
its kind of like shotting guns, you can be a retard who can still hit the fucking target

Attached: lindybeigeboo.jpg (720x616, 94K)

Uhhhh
I mean, Lindy is a professor and we can see where that's got him.
Being a professor in itself is like being a teacher, you just gotta hand shit out.
Studying shit matters.

It should have started with his phalanx video
>phalangites clearly never held their spears overhand because I, a middle-aged(?) dance instructor, find it too tiring

>So you you've made this thread
>So you you've made
>So you you've

Can I help you with your stutter, boy?