Best EDC flashlight under $80?

What's the best flashlight you can get for about 80 bucks or less?

Attached: 175853.jpg (880x660, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CCG6AvtZcZE
thrunite.com/thrunite-tc15-2300-lumen-chargeable-edc-flashlight-18650-imr-battery-included/
amazon.com/SKYBEN-XT2CR-Multi-Mode-Dual-Switch-Rechargeable/dp/B074L29HRV
thrunite.com/thrunite-archer-2a-v3/
olightstore.com/led-flashlights/olight-h2r
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't have a recommendation but I'd like to see as well.

I only have a single real flashlight, but I have a streamlight 2l-x. The multi-mode and programming is bretty cool. I bought mine with the included USB-rechargeable battery and, I tell you hwhat, it's convenient af.

For what purpose? For carrying in a backpack, in a pocket? For maximum possible brightness at the cost of battery life, or less brightness for a longer time? How much do non-standard batteries bother you?

Fenix 54.95
Magnetic bottom
Rechargeable
This is what i have had for a while dont know of its the best but i like it alot

Attached: BE39FD59-34DF-4035-A9AE-73C1E526EE3F.jpg (4032x3024, 1.74M)

I quite like my Brinyate B158. Reasonable amount of lumens (900 on high), decent battery life, and its the only zooming flashlight I've ever found that was worth a damn. I find that most lights don't have enough flood and this light has massive flood with even brightness all over the circle of light.

Attached: dd49977b-b08d-43d6-a2bd-8fa8aff028d9.jpg (1024x683, 126K)

Fitting in relatively big pockets, rechargeable battery and moderate brightness with long battery life is preferable but I know you can't get all of em for cheap
Thanks for the recommendations I'll check em

That's a big boy. Is the beam range 500m as advertised?

I have no idea to be honest. On the tightest focus, the smallest circle, the range is quite far. I'm pretty sure the beam range rating is the furthest it can be perceived at all in absolute darkness and as such isn't terribly useful except for comparison.

But yeah, the flashlight is large and 40-something dollars even the with the HI V3 leds. It isn't for pockets but works well to throw in a bag.

Oh, it also has a pretty great youtube review
youtube.com/watch?v=CCG6AvtZcZE

Thrunite TC-15
thrunite.com/thrunite-tc15-2300-lumen-chargeable-edc-flashlight-18650-imr-battery-included/

Attached: 3__18721.1540792886.500.750.jpg (500x500, 75K)

Klarus XT2CR
amazon.com/SKYBEN-XT2CR-Multi-Mode-Dual-Switch-Rechargeable/dp/B074L29HRV

Attached: 613wRIHMTRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (972x990, 95K)

Fenix for fullsize 18650 lights, but the Streamlight Microstream is the best EDC light in the true meaning of EDC.

I use the stream light stylus pro, 35$ or so. Works well and runs on two triple as, good flashlight for the money

You can get micro USB rechargeable or triple a, rechargeable one is about 40 iirc

Fenix TK15UE is what I carry, I haven't shopped around much since so I can't compare it so any other lights but I havent had any problems with it yet. It's also 79.99 on amazon I guess.

Streamlight Protac 1L or Protac 1L-AA hands down mate

Attached: tyumd048.jpg (756x1200, 106K)

I carry a fenix ld22, thin and easy to carry. Just get nimh AAs.

I've had a Thrunite Archer 2A V3 for a few years now and it hasn't disappointed me.
thrunite.com/thrunite-archer-2a-v3/
Pretty much all of their lights are really inexpensive without ever seeming to compromise much in quality.

Attached: thrunite archer.jpg (1000x1000, 181K)

>Fenix
YES
>Not using a 18650 Battery when you will pay for the entire charging system in about 3 battery cycles instead of buying umpteen triple/double AA's.

PD35 TAC is my EDC. I have multiple fenix lights and use them in public safety roles routinely without issue.

I carry a new 4sevens Preon. It's not "tactical", but the interface is nice (you program it once with button presses and then never worry about it again), you can disable strobe mode, the light is bright on high/burst and nicely dim on low, and the cri is great.
And it fits in a pocket. And doesn't look like a transformer toy or raygun.

I got it in black and replaced the orings with Teflon encapsulated silicon rings for chemical resistance. Use it every day at my job.

Attached: PREON-P2-3UP-FACING-2400.jpg (2400x1590, 156K)

fuck off

anyway i have a pd35 tac thats good for dog walking around the neighborhood or night forest hiking, or even looking for shit around the house

Attached: 71KHAbPS1lL._SX522_.jpg (522x522, 47K)

>he EDC's a fucking flashlight
Yikes
You do know that all smartphones have a flashlight feature, right grandpa?

Streamlight Protac HL-X

Attached: blacks-streamlight-flashlights-88065-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 80K)

I like the 2AA.

The 2L-X is good, too.

I like my Streamlight 2L-X. Bezel is the same size as the tube, so you don't get a big bulge in your pocket.

I'm not into the USB rechargeable lights, I find it easier to spend $30 on a few rechargeable 18650s and a charger and just swap batteries out as needed. That way I've always got plenty of charge banked, and in a pinch, I can put some normal lithium CR123 in it.

OP build your own for maximum $30 shipped. Buy a host,driver,led and 18650s. Check out (((mountain electronics))). You can decide what modes and depending on build can produce atleast 1200 lumens

I've carried a Fenix PD35 for 6(?) years.
Hasn't failed me once.
I use it at least ten times a day for my job and I have to replace the batteries on average about every 3-4 months.
It uses CR123s which aren't cheap but I have them on am Amazon subscription that drops me a 6 pack every 6 months for $10. That lasts me usually way over a year with some spares left over.

Use this model, main problem I have is that the brightens regulation does not feature a decent low level, and even on the fairly high low brightness the PWM flicker is visible.
Charging and instant strobe is very nice though.

i'd suggest the BLF A6 but i haven't been on the budget light forums in a couple years.

blf is a forum of dudes who obsess over flashlights and design them. th a6 is an 18650 that produces 1600 lumens for like $40.

olightstore.com/led-flashlights/olight-h2r
Its floody as fuck, long battery life, magnetic charging, 5 different brightness settings, comes with a magnetic headthing

Foursevens quark smart. The one with 2x lithium batteries.

Is this a female or female(m)?

yes

olight s1 is unobjectively the best EDC light.

Attached: 20160130_142235.jpg (2048x1152, 543K)

magnetic base
wide, diffuse beam perfect for EDC tasks
CR123 so it has actual power
button for one handed operation
tiny

Attached: 20160130_143949.jpg (2048x1152, 356K)

That's hard to say. What do you want for flood and throw? Mode settings? Battery type? Ability to attach to rifle for night time pews?

I don't like it for the lack of tail cap on/off. Every thing else it's a great light.

One that drains the battery pretty quick, not really that bright, the throw sucks balls.

I went a bit more expensive for a edc light. I've been carrying it for a couple of weeks and I use it quite a bit but I'm not yet sure that the size is right, I wish it took up less room in my pocket.

Keep size in mind for anything edc

Surefire EDCL1-T

Attached: edcl1-angle.png (1500x769, 623K)

That's the problem with a lot of lights. To big and bulky. One reason why I love this little guy. Amazing throw/flood, 5lumen for first mode, 200 lumen for 2nd mode, great for utility due to reverse pocket clip, olight is a pretty decent company too, small enough you'd actually carry it.

Attached: 20190330_125719.jpg (4032x1960, 2.49M)

I work early mornings in an urban environment so most days I need a flashlight. My EDC lights are a Streamlight Microstream USB and a Fenix PD35. I like the Microstream because it's easy to recharge and I can clip it to my hat. I like the Fenix because its 1000 lumens make for a good "I see you over there, fucko" photon cannon.

nice

Yeah, I knew I needed an edc flashlight (I'm getting older and my eyesight isn't what it once was) I wish I gave more consideration to size than I thought I had.

my iPhone light leaves a lot to be desired, it simply isn't adequate

You should look I to the thrunite archer 2a v3. Multiple modes, pretty decent flood with a semi decent throw, great run time, not xbox huge and rides in the front or back pocket pretty well. Common battery, 500nlumen max (again, this flood is more flood/spill light.

Attached: Archer 070.jpg (800x733, 123K)

I would suggest looking for any flashlight that adjusts its brightness by twisting the head. Seems like it would be a tacky feature but I cannot tell you how much I value being able to set a certain brightness to turn on to, and then being able to freely adjust it when the light is on.

Attached: file.png (1000x563, 314K)

This post deserves a (You)

Attached: tenor (4).gif (470x200, 2.43M)

Emisar D4S with XPL-HI 4000k

Attached: _20190218_171942.jpg (1667x2614, 664K)