/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

High Value Assets Edition

old >>LYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = BIG YES
>>LEEING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

>discord.gg/hmnCCTb
>/meg/ official discord

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ (embed) (embed)
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga (embed) (embed)

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
Maybe.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png (embed) (embed)
tl;dr: Long hard school, long work hours, with good job prospects. It's definitely not for everyone or even most people in general.

CG info
>gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: Emergency Morale Boost.jpg (525x656, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cool.army.mil/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

350F here AMA. Will be on for the next few hours.

the military knows of my anxiety and depression, how do I enlist

you don't, at least not yet, when we open the next two front war, they will start throwing out waivers left and right

How do they know?

My cousin has a really nice butt. I can only imagine her taking sitting on the toilet taking a big gross disgusting poop, it gorging through her asshole. As it splashes into the toilet it sends dirty poop water back onto her butt hole, cold wet drips going in the crack between her cheeks. Even more brown and dirty water splashes unto her pale, toned, firm butt cheeks.

Post pics or gtfo

how do i convince the rents to let me join the marines? they think im going to die in a helicopter crash or step on a car bomb.

Good guys, signing up to serve for Israel. ZOGbots know they can't hold down a real job or get an education so they sell themselves off to their Jewish masters

>how do i convince the rents to let me join the marines? they think im going to die in a helicopter crash or step on a car bomb.
"Most military jobs never see combat or are anywhere near a warzone. That recruiter you met is in the military as well. It's like going to an office but with a parachute for a uniform."

Then enlist as whatever the fuck you want. Aside from that don't let your parents make decisions for you. You are a grown man, act like one.

Join and get yourself killed just to spite them

>ZOGbots know they can't hold down a real job or get an education so they sell themselves off to their Jewish masters
We love you too fren. Now pls post tits (male) and gtfo.

This is a serious question

Are you the one that makes these threads? I see you here all of the time, and suspect that these threads are well-maintained and always available because it is an effective method of marketing the military at a time when most kids would rather spend their time on the internet.

How hard is it to switch from being a reservist in maintenance to active duty intelligence or cyber for the Air Force?

If you are 18+, just do it.
If you are under 18, wait until you are 18+

If you need a ride or some shit just pay for an uber the first few times, and then you can ask your recruiter to pick you up for the more important days.
t. didn't tell family I enlisted until the day I went to basic

>t. didn't tell family I enlisted until the day I went to basic
Does this even work? Don't they call your family and interview them during the security investigation?

Investigation can take place while you are at basic, and not every job needs it anyways

They’ll be proud when they see you in uniform, they always are. Pick a trade or go to college using the GI Bill if you want to reassure them of your future.

Nope, ive made a thread maybe once like a year ago. I wouldnt say im here all the time, since I took a break for a couple of months. I finally am not stuck in a basement with no signal at work, so I recently came back on. These threads have been going daily for years though. You should have seen before this general existed, just random AMA threads and other is this job good threads.

If you are already in the AF reserves, easy as shit. Im on langley afb, and our weekly ABW newsletter has been posting recruitment shit for intel enlisted and officer positions in the local reserve unit.

I have big firm glutes, can confirm none of that happens.

Not 350F user. /meg/ is somewhat dependent on a long-running streak of threads to pick up steam and get useful, so someone has to keep things fresh and updated. A busy string of threads keeps people asking more (and possibly better) questions and encourages those that normally wouldn't step forward to ask to do so. It helps to prevent /meg/ from turning into a completely autistic mess due to a lull in posting 'velocity'. Busy threads attract more people in the same way more people congregate around a busy public square.

Make no mistake that this is purely a 'volunteer' effort. I've been maintaining the streak for some time now, mainly because I've sworn in and periodically check in for anything useful to learn. I don't ship until a few months later.

post pics or we cant believe you

do they actually call the people you put on the background application even if you're going for something like 11x?

I've never posed for a pic in my life, I'm not about to start by having my ass circulate around the chins as trap bait.

Just finished OSUT. I'm a brand new army combat engineer. I am also a reservist with no civilian career lined up. What now? Seriously considering my CDL.

I dont want to do reserve intel tho. Do a lot of them get MPAs?

Clicked on your post then forgot to say anything. No need to convince them. Just join the marines.

ok ok... what if you just did it for me?

Sorry, i missed the part about active. Bro, just stay reserves, switch to intel, and pick up a GS position at your local ISR.

>all my friends/former friends are drug users/addicts
>clean for two years, no record of drug use or criminality
>have shit for a proper background check.
>family is unreliable as well, they'll lie (or tell the truth) just to spite me or keep me in shit city.

how do I accomplish having my recruiter not call these guys, the MOS am going doesn't require a security clearance but they still call contacts or require contacts no?

Attached: 1508759926067.jpg (800x600, 99K)

>Seriously considering my CDL.
Army has something called Credentialing Opportunities On-Line (COOL) that can subsidize your CDL. Get your HAZMAT endorsement and make mad dosh.
>t. this is why you ask your recruiter questions

cool.army.mil/

What do I get in return?

Attached: 1454780129-0.jpg (600x337, 34K)

How fucking insane is the first week of Marine Recruit Training? Recruiter said most people are shocked in the first 5 minutes and never remember it.

>family is unreliable as well, they'll lie
This legitimately makes me very hesitant to enlist, my family is full of lying scumbags who have no love for America. The thought of someone interviewing them about me for a clearance and railroading any potential career is a horrible prospect.

I get mixed reports. I know AD can suck, but i like the stability and the benefits of it. Plus my wife and i really want to get the fuck out of where i am. I know reserves is better, but something about active tickled my autism.

350F here.

Go on DAU and do all your hazard and ammo certs, and get your CDL for free at practically any trucking company. This way you can do hazardous transport type jobs on the outside for DoE or move ordnance and shit for whatever contract company (if thats what interests you).

Got it. FYI active duty AF is fucking cake, even more so if youre married. Just get a hold of an AD recruiter and tell them you want to switch to active for intel. Honestly though, they might fuck with you, so just start with a hey hows it going MSgt, I am a current reservist and would like to switch to active and intel, what are my options. FYI, call, do not email. AF recruiters are notorious ghosters.

Your recruiter isn't going to call them. He or she has more important shit to do than to hassle your parents on the phone.
It is true that they require some form of familial contact information under normal circumstances, primarily just for record's sake. It's not pressed any further. On your character references, you are not allowed to include immediate family anyways because they're aware that there's a lot of bias there. Shitty families are a mainstay of modern America. Your future investigator understands this as well but they've got a job to do.

If you need references, ask recent employers and coworkers, assuming you have good rapport with them. Perhaps you frequent a gun range and the manager knows you well as a good dude. Make better friends while you're at it, it makes your life better. You'll need fewer references the fewer times you move permanent residences in the "last ten years".

I thought it was the FBI or some other agency that conducts the interviews for secret clearances, am I mistaken?

yes, OPM does the investigations for all agencies minus DoJ and CIA.

is the loss of freedom really worth joining?

>is the loss of freedom really worth joining?
depends on what you want out of life

Thanks senpai, I like reserve maintenance, but i want to do more. Even for just an enlistment. I know i want to retire as Hydro backshop or in an isochronal hangar. Maybe even DCMA. For now i have dreams of doing AD.

Whats your afsc?

Not in my experience.
Even outside basic if your unit sucks you can be working til 1900 every night and coming in at 0430 the next day.
In my unit dudes have had their holiday leave basically taken away when command decided they needed someone to do staff duty during that time and just picked random dudes, including guys with plans who had to cancel. CoC didn't care.
I know guys who have gone months working every weekend and guys who didn't take leave for literal years because they were always needed for something. One poor guy didn't see his family for almost two years just in garrison.
To be fair this is an infantry unit. It's probably better elsewhere.

For some of us the loss of freedom is worth it because its part of the path to getting more freedom than we had before.

Which branch + MOS will help me get the most pussy?

Attached: success.jpg (1536x2048, 403K)

>To be fair this is an infantry unit.
what do infantry do these days that they dont let you take leave?

Air Force medical. So many chicks to bang.

4N, but im switching to 3P end of year, because I want to get into an ATO (antiterrorism officer) position in the future. Plus, i wanna see if i can get into sniper school hahaha.

Currently i am not doing my 4N job, and am instead my SQ security manager/antiterrorism representative/opsec coordinator. I kind of like doing these additional duties and the overall career field, which is why I am switching to an afsc that gives more exp in it.

Air Force medical because it has the least military bearing. All the nurses are brand new and dont know shit about fraternization.

this guy is not wrong

>If you need references, ask recent employers and coworkers, assuming you have good rapport with them. Perhaps you frequent a gun range and the manager knows you well as a good dude. Make better friends while you're at it,
what if im a shut in NEET with no friends or history of employment?

Bro203 here, taking USMC questions for the next few hours.

Any advice for someone who hates being in the military?
I'm a regular 11b, been in for two years, and I've hated every second since I got to my duty station. I'm not even halfway through my contract and I want out asap.

You went to school right? Try a teacher/professor or three.

Why do these skeletons have boobs?

Attached: reagan pondering.jpg (220x328, 24K)

Should've gone POG. Just piss hot on the next test

Fuck man, i wish you the best of luck. Sounds like you're on a great path. There's so many layers the military both AD and reserves. I learn something new every day. It blows my mind when people say there's no growth or future in it.

>Any advice for someone who hates being in the military?
try to go guard

>Should've gone POG
Words of truth.
>Just piss hot on the next test
I'm not keen on getting an oth or dd and losing my bennies. It's tempting though

Ive told you already, reclass to 35L (you can do this mid contract as long as youre e4p) and enjoy wearing civis. Or just fail a PT test twice.

Isn't that not a thing before ets?

thanks for the info, it gives me some relief that they might not call but I'll go back talk to my former managers and ask them to cover me.

as for the family part, I'll just ask my step brother for some help as he's the less fucked up one out of my siblings.

umm cause boobs have bones?

Attached: 1497537099218.jpg (264x239, 14K)

How much time am I allowed to shit in basic? My shits take a long time (at least with my current diet). Not trying to be funny either I'm serious.

Checked
How long do you have to extend for that? I'm fine with staying in if I escape the land of military autism and hooah known as 11b.
Would my command try to shoot me down if I put in for the reclass?

Is the military gay

You can request it halfway through your contract, but you'll spend more time in the Guard

Yes

AF has the BEST opportunities for career development. I am prior army, 68w, and its crazy just how many opportunities are out there. Last month there was an opportunity advertised to do work as a liason for some office at the white house. Shits out there man, you just gotta look. You ever ask your unit if they have any (fuck i forget what its called but its essentially permanent full time jobs at your reserve unit) GS positions at your unit? I am sure they have additional duties and shit like UDM, UTM, security manager, etc. What state are you in and city, ill see if there is anything real quick.

Getting out is easy, it's keeping your benefits that's the tricky part.

Really won't be too much of an issue, you may get your platoon smoked and laughed at by the DS, but that's the shit that makes basic fun.

You have to have 3 years left on contract. And no, they wont shoot you down, cause its out of their hands. Plus, they are still giving bonuses for reclassing to 35L last I checked.

How many waivers can I get and how many waivers do I need if I have like 5 different drug charges but all over 5 years old

Just had our dress white inspections today. Who ready for spring?

For the record my GT is 148 and I meet ranger PT standards easily

You're thinking of AGRs or ARTs. Both of which pique my interest. I'm at Westover ARB right now, which is actually a great reserve base with one of the best maintenance teams in the country. We do all the iso inspections for the C-5M fleet. I want out of Massachusetts though, mostly because the surrounding area is kinda shit and expensive. I wouldn't mind coming back to retire though. Since there's always some cushy jobs. Especially in QA, or MOC.

Do you actually hate the military or just being an 11b

Navy nuke in the fleet. Gone through full training pipeline. If anyone has questions ask.

How do you maximize the amount of certs and technical experience you get during your first enlistment in the military? Is not not much you can do because you're still learning the ropes and tied down to one job?

I just hate my job and unit combined really. If my unit was better or I was an s1 puke who went home at 1500 every day I'd be okay with the gay stuff that goes on here.
I've got buddies who are literally in fort polk who like their units better. Meanwhile my unit has some of the highest suicide/alcoholism rates in the entire army and they're desperately pulling every e5+ they can over because the place bleeds personnel and retention is abysmal.

Do you regret it? Navy recruiter pushed it hard, I went Army instead. Later meet a nuke and I don't regret passing it up at all.

Ft. Riley?

try to get into as many schools as you can, try to get a secondary MOS, have a plan

How'd you know? Lol

So I just take my criminal record to a recruiter and ask them if they'll even bother right

user did you make some mistakes during your trip down the hard road of life?

user did in fact get caught breaking the law 4 or 5 times but not in the last 6 years

How so?

>showering with dudes
>intimate play by touching each other's asses and cocks
>sleeping shirtless together
>literal faggots in gay relationships
>whenever anyone plays truth or dare someone's dick is getting sucked

Are the 35Ls in the NG just basically powerpoint presentations? Do you get to do Army investigations in general, or are you regulated to stuff within your state?

What do you mean by gay stuff? Like ?

Maybe work on a criminal justice career while you're in, and apply for fed work like FBI stuff ir somethin

>FBI
no thanks, i want to be in the force that protects americans not a force that actively kills them and abducts their children

Attached: 15234234234.jpg (1190x926, 170K)

lmao is either trolling or talking about the Navy.

are m1's airtight?

You wont do the special agent side of shit stateside. It will strictly be counter intel and insider threat. But when you deploy, it will 100% be humint and agent side shit.

>is either trolling
i literally see this
>or talking about the Navy
yes

>>>LYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = BIG YES
As a member of the medical corps, fuck this piece of advice in particular. Lying about your medical history only makes me treat you wrong, misdiagnose you therefore wasting everyone's time. At this point I just assume all you motherfuckers are lying.

Theres two types of gay stuff in the military
>gay stuff
Details, multiple days of duty in a row, field ops or pt in pissing rain and minimal protection, mass punishment for one retards mistakes, getting kept late for no reason, etc. Green weenie.
>Gay Stuff
Look up wog day on youtube.