Israeli ground forces

what type of weapons and military equipment/training does the IDFl have?
and how would there ground forces compare to nations with equal weapons and equipment?

Attached: iflag.jpg (275x184, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=68&v=RWsMtO821Jg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_equipment_of_Israel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

IDF has guns and grenades and shit
their forces are incredibly specialized and tailored towards urban warfare given the size of their country and most of their operations being in urban areas
Comparatively to other countries I don't think they're really as flexible, just incredibly tailored to their environment

pic related in the middle is what i served in , you can mostly google a lot of the gear (although its mostly out of date on wiki)any more specific question ?
as for comparing to other ground forces israel's is the world's best by far

Attached: Untitled1.png (762x504, 817K)

>as for comparing to other ground forces israel's is the world's best by far
lol

>watching documentary on IDF
>opens with monotone narrator stating IDF is among the most elite and professional armies in the world
>cuts to video of some teenage girl with white sunglasses smoking in a tent with other dumb conscripts

Attached: laffin.png (2321x3237, 542K)

kys kike

Keck

>as for comparing to other ground forces israel's is the world's best by far
Uhh, Israel's ground forces are surely the best ground forces to defend Israel and are well tailored fot your specific needs. Other than that, you sure you aren't overestating a bit? Are Israeli ground forces well adapted to fight in -30Celcius? Or in woodlands?

Attached: lappi.jpg (275x183, 7K)

No, they're really only good for fighting against untrained 16 year old while they have homefield advantage and vast technological superiority. They're not really capable of anything else.

IDF alpinist unit is the best arctic warfare unit in the world

Attached: 59_full.png (901x638, 813K)

>Better than the Finns, the Norwegians, the Russians, the fucking leafs, the Americans
fucking DOUBT

out alpinist soldiers undergo gene therapies using the top finnish autism genes extracted from the grave of that finn that demolished the russniggers in the winter war using combined powers of autism and meth.

So thats one specialized unit. I do admit that my knowledge of wintertime around Israel is limited to a 2 minute google research, but it does seem like minus degrees are rare and snowfall is a few millimeters at max.
Pic related is what my hometown looks like 1/3 of the year. This is how your average finn lives most of the time.
Now, are you absolutely sure that
>IDF alpinist unit is the best arctic warfare unit in the world
Because I have my doubts.

Attached: talvi.jpg (1305x1740, 129K)

it is the best alpinist unit in the world.after the many battles of hermon agaisnt the syrian commandos (IIRC we had 3 battles just in the yom kippur war) IDF invested heavily into a mountain\snow warfare unit. it is by far the best trained and most proficient arctic\mountain warfare unit in the world.

He’s not wrong. The US is Israel’s ground forces.

Actual Israel user here

Ground forces are meh, lots of dumb useless conscript fags. We rely heavily or air artillery and tanks to make up for the weaknesses in infantry. In a conventional war they’d be able to blow away any of our neighbors but the asymmetric stuff is tough

Ground forces were peak strength in 70s/80s and indeed world class back then. We got lazy and overly focused on counterrorism in the 90s and 2000s. After Lebanon 2006 things started to improve.

Anyway this thread will go to shit soon

I think this a Namer. It's the IDF's heavy IFV and is based on the Merkava tank.

Attached: 1295146025191.jpg (760x642, 118K)

Russia is Syria’s entire armed forces

Attached: Merkava APC.jpg (4288x2848, 1.26M)

This is a guided missile platform disguised as a tank.

Attached: IDF Pereh - guided missile vehicle.jpg (2500x1225, 1.04M)

Same with all NATO countries and SK/Japan/Philippines too I guess

Why are they fighting ISIS in Syria instead of Hamas in Gaza then?

Attached: 1351124532539.jpg (1200x463, 82K)

Attached: 1361574344812.jpg (1280x960, 321K)

Good post

Attached: Merkava snow.jpg (2048x1152, 555K)

Not ground related, but...

Attached: F35I pair.jpg (1920x1080, 186K)

Attached: Merkava 33 years.jpg (2873x1907, 960K)

If it's of any consolation, all conscript armies consist from lots of dumb useless conscript fags t. Spurdoland conscript man

> by far the best trained and most proficient arctic\mountain warfare unit in the world.
Are you absolutely sure that you are not overstating a bit? You honestly think that people who live in a country where pic related is ordinary and something people just live with, do worse in these conditions than people from the middle-east? Would you actually care to elaborate why?

Can any heebanon tell me how often it actually snows and how cold does the weather get in Israel?

Attached: maantie_tunturi_lappi_talvi.jpg (1200x852, 618K)

Spaniard user, so not shilli g. But i would say that israel ground army ir one of the best. Tailored for home defense, against both regular armies, and coin, both shit guerrilla and serious groups like hezbollah. Their surfarce air defense would put the russians to shame. All their equipment has been proof in combat, and its the result of lessons learned. They use a lot of conscripts because its a small country and they need them to fill the ranks. They arent tailored for external operations or stratregic ops (well, only the us, and then russia and china think of that. France and uk try to follow that trail, hardly), but theyn dont seem to care about them.
Lots of interesting tech, from drones to lon range antitank missiles (the spike lr is a great weapon). I think they are a great example to follow for medium countries. And that they would give a serious slap to any superpower trying to invade israel.
My only question is, how can i country with their economy allow that, even with the US aid? I was told that the US aid wasnt too big

>spike lr

I'm pretty sure that's what this is armed with. The IDF can plop one of these on a hilltop and fire very accurately miles in any direction.

I don't think any other armed forces have combat bulldozer's

Attached: Bulldozer-IDF-0029.jpg (2419x869, 1.61M)

Yea because they’re Americans

Like their operators, Israeli AWACSs have very large noses

Attached: 4X-JYS_Micha_Sender.jpg (1199x800, 174K)

kys kike

Not many other countries bulldoze the homes of civilians.

but why the deception tho

do you really have to ask?

Attached: 1536698921840.gif (432x576, 1.28M)

Israeli cooks (as denoted by their special cook hat) see so much combat that they are constantly drilled to ensure their survival

Attached: israeli-soldiers-during-training-march.jpg (820x547, 57K)

>specially tailored for snowy conditions on the ONE snowy mountain through the entirety of Israel
the best in the world indeed

Jew biggest weapon

Attached: 4892484D-67DD-472C-888C-F66A84538B82.jpg (600x616, 80K)

Attached: 1550923902688.jpg (595x364, 98K)

>After Lebanon 2006 things started to improve.
How are things now? You seemed to do okay during Cast Lead.

Attached: richard al gaza.jpg (800x752, 404K)

Hesus dios mio la creatura legítimo

Attached: Lacreatura.jpg (1920x1200, 293K)

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=68&v=RWsMtO821Jg

Attached: 1552809796954.jpg (500x482, 30K)

cope ahmed

to lure out ATGM teams

Jow Forums literally says it's "dishonorable" apparently

its pinpoint percise long range indirect fire , perfect for situations with heavy enemy anti air where you dont have air support. read up on some of the battles we had , especially 73 syrian and you'll see its a weapon tailor made to defeat that type of attack.
enemy's scouts see a tank which they wont prioritize over our other tanks and when they move their armor to engage they get blown up from behind 3 hills.

They're alright. Certainly not the level they used to be. Conscripts are too coddled now and we've become too comfortable from safety. No more wars of existence have made the country soft.

There's also ridiculous ROE's due to government fear over arab civilian dead. Almost every airstrike is a "knock on the door" (i.e. warning them with a dead munition then bombing the building after everyone runs out)

The IDF bulldozers are unmanned these days as well. Literally are driven into anti-tank strongpoints

>they put a fucking camel for size comparison
jesus fuck.
also tiran bast tank. i've been in APCs built from chassis of these in my service and they're still in use today

Attached: Tiran-5-latrun-1.jpg (1094x767, 127K)

>due to government fear over arab civilian dead
That's ridiculous. Kill fewer now, kill more later.

Ah well. I guess we'll all have to relearn the old lessons the hard badnasty bitter way. Stay safe.

I live in Singapore. We use a lot of Israeli weapons and are the only other country in the world to have the IDF's organizational model.

They send advisers and stuff to train troops here. Seem like nice guys

on paper us aid is 2% of israel's budget but if you really look into it us military aid is a glorified money laundering scam. they give countries 'aid credit' which can be used to buy stuff from us defense contractors at 300%+ markup .
its basically laundering us taxpayer money into the hands of us defense contractors ,the recipients of the military aid get nowhere near the value of the 'aid money'

>We rely heavily or air artillery and tanks to make up for the weaknesses in infantry.
That's just every modern military user.

US has had those for a while. That's how we took Fallujah.

these saved my life probably multiple times , instead of storming or clearing houses held by terrorists which are nearly always heavily booby trapped and filled with choke points and murder holes where you're guaranteed to lose soldiers taking it IDF has a doctrine called 'pressure cooker'. you basically intimidate the terrorists into surrendering with escalating levels of danger from machinegun fire , to firing grenades around the house to tank\air fire in the general area and finally if they still wont surrender we start demolishing the house until they do.
the use of the tactic of luring our soldiers into ambush buildings stopped almost completely after adopting this.

that's not an israel awacs
pic related is and has S band radar arrays front and back and 2 L band arrays on the sides .all conformal to the body so it's relatively fast compared to other radar planes .
it's also based off of a business jet

Attached: G550 Eitam.jpg (1200x800, 322K)

OH VEY; I PEED MYSELF
AGAIN !

Attached: hljöhhöh.gif (223x149, 301K)

>billions in financial aid yearly
>constantly labeled as warmongering by the UN
>intentionally attacked friendly naval ships for propaganda
>oppresses an entire population group
>oppresses individuals based on religion
>lashes out at neighbors who seek nuclear defense or power despite
>never signed non proliferation of nuclear arms agreement, has never disclosed how many nukes they have and has refused inspections.

>worlds best.

Is this done to keep the enemy alive due to political or other reasons? Otherwise it would seem smarter just to direct firepower onto the house itself.
There's probably an evolutionary process here as both sides adjust their tactics but how come the opposing side hasn't started to target the bullodozers themselves? Like lure the bulldozers, as protected as those things probably are, a fuckhuge IED at the avenue of approach few times would surely discourage the use of those bulldozers in the future?

Attached: ATST.jpg (853x366, 72K)

>constantly labeled as warmongering by the UN
>oppresses an entire population group
>oppresses individuals based on religion
>lashes out at neighbors who seek nuclear defense or power despite
>never signed non proliferation of nuclear arms agreement, has never disclosed how many nukes they have and has refused inspections.
sounds based to me

All the IDF knows is how to kill a population they've caged. Restrict their travel, freedoms, ability to build commerce, port access. IDF are all brainwashed. Israel is basically committing genocide.

"But they are terrorists" they are people who have no freedoms, no outlook in life, no positivity, no ability to grow a business. When you have nothing left, when you've lost so much, picking up a weapon or making shitty makeshift bombs or IEDs is all they have. Revenge consumes. But also creates the perpetual war Israel wants, because all Israel wants, is the eradication of a people. Much like what China is doing to to Uighurs.

nobody cares

go cry about it to the UN or something and fuck off m8

>types of weapons and military equipment and training does the IDF have?
Diapers
Sippy cups
pacifiers
Tavors for shooting Palestinian teenagers who probably aren't incontinent.
Baby bonnets

>pali population has quadrupled since its come under Israeli control
>committing genocide

Nobody cares.

Go cry about it to the IDF or something and fuck off m8

This seething shitskin

I'm not the one crying over muh precious sand monkeys. This is a Jow Forums thread and if you're sad over arabs losing wars go cry somewhere else.

Maybe the Pales should stop shooting rockets into israel

You seem worked up bro, chill, just words on a screen.

Maybe Israel should stop oppressing them over decades, destroying their ability to build a normal life, or improve commerce. 30+% of their population is unemployed. 50% of youths are unemployed, the fighting age. Only some 50-80 million in exports because no real business potential. What's left for fighting age youth to do but fight those who they see as having oppressed them and their families? If your parents die in an IDF airstrike because someone nearby fired a bottlerocket over to wall, what would you do? Just roll over and say fuck it? Spread your cheeks and wait for the IDF to fuck u?

obviously if its a huge shitstorm and we dont have time to deal with the house and need to get rid of it to get some other objective we'd just bomb it.
the reason it's done is that its a safe way to deal with said houses and many terrorists were captured this way. if we bombed every house that had terrorists firing at us we'd start finding said houses having lots of kids and women for PR purposes.

Maybe arabs should stop losing wars

wewlad we got a legit SJW here

Says a Jew who's entire country exists because it was stolen and enforced through political control and propaganda rather than normal conquest.

No SJW wouldn't support Israel. Woulda been better off with other name calling.

>Spread your cheeks and wait for the IDF to fuck u?
Some of those IDF chicks are super hot and I wouldn't say no if they wanted to fuck my ass.
For real though I don't really know the whole story of Israel/palestine and don't really care too much about it, if they want to stop getting bombed and mortared they should probably stop attacking the israelis, and vice versa.
It's probably just going to be an endless cycle of bloodshed and violence though because nobody wants to calm the fuck down.

god this Jow Forumsmuslim shilling is obnoxious

maybe not vote for a terrorist organization in the next elections ?

literally the opposite. Left hates Israel and right likes Israel. Not just true in the US, true anywhere. Look at right-wing parties in Europe, Bolsonaro, apartheid SA, etc.. Leftist parties are the hostile entities to Israel anywhere.

Your narrative is fucked.

Attached: Israel Support.png (209x205, 10K)

SJWs hate Israel what are you talking about. Literally ban Israeli flags at LGBT parades in most west coast cities now. Hint: Arab & Muslim flags aren't banned.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_equipment_of_Israel
Some of the older equipment in this article is no longer used and not specified, such as the TOW.

>and how would there ground forces compare to nations with equal weapons and equipment?
There are no truly comparable nations. Every country's military is unique, and Israel's is more unique than most.
Their infantry is heavily mechanized. Their MBTs mostly 3rd-gen and some very modern, their air force is large and well equipped with alot of combat experience. They have vast quantities of older tube artillery, but are investing in newer tubes and a new precision missile component to take some slack off the AF. Their military is constantly tied up in peacekeeping duties and border guards and need reservists to replace them when wars occur.
There is a new emphasis in all branches on good C4I systems and closing sensor-shooter loops as fast as possible.
IDF strategy is to deter enemies, and finish wars quickly and decisively if they break out.

Attached: DSC1594.jpg (1600x900, 299K)

>Leftists and LGBT hate Israel
>Israel is the only country in the region that allows people to be LGBT
>implying majority muslim countries don't immediately and brutally slaughter LGBT people
Big think
Why did IDF go to tavor and x95 instead of using sbr m4s?

he would be right in the 50s\60s , from 70s onwards left hates israel and right loves it.

It doesn't make much sense I agree, but it is the case among west coast liberals. I can give articles if you want about them banning Israeli symbols and boycotting Israel but ignoring muslims

>what type of weapons and military equipment/training does the IDFl have?

>Handguns: Glock, Jericho-941, Barak, P226. Masada on order to replace them all except Glock-26
>SMG's: Mini & Micro-Uzi's with SF
>Assault Rifles: Tavor, M4, M16, AKM. Some Galil's in reserve still
>MG's: Negev 5.56, Negev 7.62, PK, MAG, M2
>Sniper: Dan-338, M40, Barak, SR-25, Galatz, M89SR, SVD, M82, Tac-50, MRAD. Orsis T-5000 on order
>AT: MATADOR, LAW, Shipon, RPG-7, Spike, TOW, small numbers of Carl-Gustav with SF/airborne
>Grenade Launchers: M203, MGL, Mk.19, Mk.47
>MANPAD: Stinger

>Tanks: 1,730 (550 Merkava Mk.IV, 780 Merkava Mk.III, 250 Merkava Mk.II, 150 Merkava Mk.I, +~1,000 M60 Magach's in reserve. Additiomal Mk.IV's in production)
>APC: 4,000 (~3,000 M113, ~1,000 Eitan wheeled APC planned)
>Heavy APC: 750 (~200 Namer, ~150 Achzarit, ~250 Nagmachon, ~50 Napkadon, ~100 Puma. Additional Namer's planned)
>AFV/MRAP: 500 (~300 Wolf, ~150 Sand Cat, ~50 Sasa)
>Anti-Aircraft: 250 (~50 Machbet, ~100 M163, ~70 Maipan basically the M1097 Avenger)
>Anti-Tank: ~90 (~40 Pereh, ~50 Sand Cat SPIKE)
>Combat Bulldozers: 175 D9
>Towed Artillery: ~150 Soltam 155mm Howitzers in Reserve
>Self-Propelled Artillery: ~450 M109 155mm & ~150 CARDOM Mortar carriers. ~300 ATMOS wheeled 155mm SPG's on order
>Rocket Artillery: ~140 (~40 M270 MLRS, ~100 Tamuz, ~100 GRADLAR/LAR-160 in reserve. IAI JUMPER and IMI Lynx systems on order)
>Utility Vehicles: AIL Storm, Humvee, MDT David, Sand Cat. GAZ Tigr's on order
>Light UAV's: Skylark, Casper-250, AD Orbiter,
>USV's: Guardium, G-NIUS, Viper

Source: IISS

all aircraft, large UAV's, ballistic missiles, and strategic air defense falls under air force

>sbr M4's
Because they suck, their terminal effectiveness is shit, their reliability is shit, and they are worse than bullpups for carrying and maneuvering in vehicles. The Tavor is a excellent bullpup, considering our army is mostly conscripts and our engagement envelope is > 150M.

Thanks for the answer. Since most of Finland is woodlands, we didn't really go that deep into urban fighting in infantry. As we would be fighting a bit different type of an enemy in different type of buildings and surroundings, there probably wouldn't be worries about civilian casualties, so we were just trained to blow any enemy occupied houses to pencil sized sticks.
>I am trained with the SPIKE-at missille btw

Attached: apilas_l6.jpg (800x533, 317K)

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. I heard that more IDF preferred the manual of arms on the M4, is that just fringe opinion that got parrotted too much? Soldiers generally happy with the Tavor and the X95?

May as well do the whole bag, so here's air force & Navy:

>Fighters: 323 (14 F-35 out of 75 ordered. 60 F-15, 25 F-15I, 224 F-16 all types, Additional F-15E's planned)
>EW/Recon: 3 G550 Eitan AEW&C, 1 EC-707 EW, 6 King Air ELINT, 3 G550 ELINT
>MPA/ASW: 3 IAI Seascan. 5 ELI-3360 on order
>Transport: 11 C-130, 7 C-130J, 16 King Air, 22 Bonanza, 2 Astra, 1 G550, 1 Boeing 777 leased from El Al
>Trainers: 30 M-346, 22 T-6, 20 G120
>UAV's, Eitan, Heron, Hermes-900, Hermes-450, Panther, Harpy, Harop
>Air Defense Batteries: 14 Patriot, 15 Iron Dome Anti-Rocket, 2 Arrow-2 ABM, 2 Arrow-3 ABM/SAM & 6 David's Sling Anti-Rocket/ABM on order
>Attack Helicopters: 48 AH-64A/D. 12 AH-64E on order
>Transport Helicopters: 50 UH-60, 30 CH-53. ~25 CH-53K or CH-47 to be ordered
>Utility Helicopters: 6 Bell 206, 7 AW119 on order
>MPA/ASW Helicopters: 5 AS565, 8 SH-60
>Ballistic Missiles: ~100 Jericho-II/IIB IRBM's. Several Jericho-III ICBM's. Another type of unknown SRBM is said to be in service as well, possibly LORA

Navy
>Submarines: 3 Dolphin-1, 3 Dolphin-2. 3 more Dolphin-2's on order
>Corvettes: 3 Saar-5. 4 Saar-6 (MEKO A-100 based) on order
>Missile Boats: 8 Saar-4.5. 6 Saar S-76 on order
>Patrol Boats: 9 Dvora, 5 Dvora II, 13 Dvora III, 4 Shaldag, 11 Defender, 10 Dabur. Some have Spike & Gabriel AShM capability
>Amphibious: 4 LCU-2000
>USV's: Protector, Silver Marlin

a good army means technology,training and real experience. if an army lacks any one of these it cant really get as good as an army that does.
while the IDFs technology and training are top of the line the main thing which prevents armies of nations with similar budgets from getting as good as the IDF is lack of real experience. i've been fired at on 7 separate occasions in my army service and im not counting the countless mortar\rocket attacks and i've been in 2 serious and intense gunfights with many casualties and i consider myself a pretty average israeli infantryman that served in a relatively peaceful period.if there's anything the army truly excels at its learning and implementing insights from every engagement no matter how large or small.during training they teach us countless tactics and small details about real fighting which are 'written in blood' which is the term we use for 'some soldier died because he didnt do what we are teaching you now'.
a far richer army with far more training would get BTFO to shit in half the engagements my unit had if we didnt have the vast amount of collected and passed down combat experience.

>do kikes/jidf make these threads to show us they like guns? we don't care.
No, I made this thread I'm Dominican (irrelevant country) I was really curios about Israels ground forces capability's so I asked Jow Forums

thanks user

>Can any heebanon tell me how often it actually snows and how cold does the weather get in Israel?
Winter really kicks in around late December until March more or less. It snows pretty much every year but mostly in the higher regions like the Golan, Jerusalem and even some parts of the Negev sometimes.

>Philippines with a1s, a2s, m14s, m60s
>jew kikes witth pencil barrel ar15s and maybe a few jew saws

anyone ever seen the jews with m14s or m60s?

It didn't see much use, but the IDF did issue M14's as DMRs at some point.

Attached: IDF-M14_7.jpg (512x337, 44K)

>Israels ground forces capability's

Why?

Kangaroo infantryman here.
Went to Israel on holiday and went shooting with a guy from Unit 504 which he said was apparently 'special forces'. I fucking dominated him shooting at 10m, 50m, 100 and 200m to the point where he was lying down and missed the 200m. I hit targets at 1000m+ in my army and if he's SF then idk wtf is going on with the rest of the IDF. Judging by the way they carry themselves they seem like a undisciplined rabble of conscripts; hence why 67 of them died in Gaza 2014 which is horrifically bad odds for a few days of fighting.

Also 10/22's. They're great for shooting palistine protestors in the knees without making crowds panic.

Attached: 1027358753[1].jpg (1000x541, 124K)