How many mags are you gonna buy

>BREAKING: Glorious and Compelling District Court Ruling in the NRA / CRPA Duncan Case Strikes Down California's Ban on Standard Capacity Magazines.

michellawyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Duncan-2019-03-29-Order-Granting-Plaintiffs-MSJ.pdf

Attached: 1024px-Flag_of_California.svg.png (1024x683, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/national/judge-blocks-californias-high-capacity-ammunition-ban/2019/03/29/2658e032-5277-11e9-bdb7-44f948cc0605_story.html
michellawyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Duncan-2019-03-29-Order-Granting-Plaintiffs-MSJ.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How long might we have before the 9th decides to reverse this?

A few days.

Does this overturn the ban on the sale of magazines as well? Or just possession?

Not long. Still, it's good news.

>janis actually moving/deleting threads about a fucking magcap ban being uplifted
I guess it really is true; only the most inbred of retards apply to be Jow Forums janitors

That's not going to happen Phil and you know it. Stopped having hope for Cali a long fucking time ago.

Stock up while you can boys.

>thread on new development that could affect entire country
>jannies delete it

Attached: m e m e.png (375x275, 121K)

You fail at reading comprehension.

news source
washingtonpost.com/national/judge-blocks-californias-high-capacity-ammunition-ban/2019/03/29/2658e032-5277-11e9-bdb7-44f948cc0605_story.html

he's not entirely wrong. Once the "natural conservatives" become a solid 75% of California's demographics they'll just pass a law nullifying the second for the entire state.

Is this the 'see how much mouthbreathingly stupid we can pack into one thread' thread?

Non american here, what does this mean?

>Giving the Washington Post clicks

>i-is that a real girl owo?

california has had a ban on magazines over 10 cartriges for 18 years, it just got over turned. California got slightly less commie. the article headline is retarded, >high capacity ammunintion.

Basically California can't ban the possession of >10 round magazines. However the sale is probably still prohibited

Phil you're losing it. I'm originally
There's no way we're going to keep our mags back. I don't understand what's so hard to understand about that.

IIRC, (I don't own any guns since I have nowhere to store.) California had a ban on magazine sizes, you couldn't have more than 15 round mags but the article says 10 so it's probably that. Basically a judge just ruled that shit unconstitutional and now magazines can be 30 rounds like standard.

f-fucking b-based hispanics won't take my guns!

Most gun control is our increasingly shitty country occurs at the state level, particularly those with large Democrat-run coastal cities. This is a rare instance of an antigun law at the state level being reversed. However, it will likely be reversed at a higher level court that has been packed with faggot-loving liberals.

For instance, California voted to protect traditional marriage a few years ago. A 9th circuit faggot judge said it was unConstitutional and then 'married' his faggot boyfriend. The same will likely happen here.

you missread, its magazines over 10 not 10 rounders.

Wait, hold up. Good news?!

Attached: 1553110857449.jpg (640x734, 243K)

>Cali counters this by either completely ignoring it or by requiring any gun with over 10 rounds has a fixed magazine

Attached: 1488123546547546.png (735x660, 344K)

You are both fucking retarded. Nothing follows.

turns out im retarded and the greater than symbol is ruined for me.

Jannies have always been fags

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IM GONNA DIAREAH STREAMY POOP IN YOUR EARS

Get fucked gun grabbers.

Attached: 1549671955212.jpg (224x224, 34K)

gun grabbers BTFO by based judge

Attached: based judge k.png (720x100, 48K)

inb4 9th circuit fucks it up

GODDAMMIT FUCKING 9TH CIRCUIT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 97227C2F-9595-465D-B871-5FDF6C5D33EE.jpg (960x960, 438K)

CTfag here, will this change anything here?

No. At least not at first. IF and it is a big IF, the 9th circuit upholds the ruling, then there will be two conflicting rulings by two different circuit courts. That just increases the chances of the Supreme Court to hear it.

No

How come mods got rid of the NV thread but leave this up?

Great so all of this shit happened right?
What does it mean though can we go purchase more than 10 capacity mags now?

AND YOU COULD HAVE IT ALL

MY EMPIRE OF DIRT

I WILL LET YOU DOWN

I WILL MAKE YOU HURT

Attached: feinstein sad.jpg (230x210, 8K)

Who the fuck knows.

Its even more stupid because its about law, not politics. Imagine if someone asking in /o/ if it was legal to modify his car a certain way and that thread got deleted, or a law got passed saying 6 cylinder engines were illegal. OF COURSE ITS WITHIN THE BOARD'S PURVIEW TO TALK ABOUT!

>When three armed intruders carrying what look like semi-automatic pistols broke into the home of a single woman at 3:44 a.m., she dialed 911. No answer. Feng Zhu Chen, dressed in pajamas, held aphone in one hand and took up her pistol in the other and began shooting. She fired numerous shots. She had no place to carry an extra magazine and no way to reload because her left hand held the phone with which she was still trying to call 911. After the shooting was over and two of the armed suspects got away and one lay dead, she did get through to the police. The home security camera video is dramatic.
Holy shit, this is that one video with the 4 or 5 black dudes in that Asian lady's place with all the boxes.

This is not going to happen. You will never get your rights back and I will make sure of it.

Attached: feinstein.jpg (1080x1080, 415K)

This one requires them to enter the thread to see what we are saying. The other by title and OP was obviously gun control related.

>Also as for OP, I plan on buying all the magazines I can get.
>And as large as they come.

why did she have so many boxes??

Didn't she just move in or she was a business owner? I've seen that video before and thought of it while reading the excerpt.

Attached: 1551156374781.jpg (749x1035, 100K)

>michellawyers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Duncan-2019-03-29-Order-Granting-Plaintiffs-MSJ.pdf
That's actually a really good read

I think her and her husband ran a restaurant or store.

Thank god for the NRA (they helped fund this case)

so the 9th circuit is obviously going to try and cockblock this thing. what are the odds it goes to the Supreme Court?

this, the fucking moms demand action shills can fuck off

I took "three armed intruders" to mean intruders with three arms at first and I was very confused.

How is one supposed to beat the 9th circuit?
The idea that a branch less powerful than the US supreme court can gatekeep an entire region without counter confuses me.

They didn't want to hear the bumpstock thing. I'm not super hopeful they'll hear this.

You're here, so apparently so.

The best part about this now that I'm reading it is this judge applies the Heller test to everything regarding the magazine law, and it consistently fails to pass the test, from possession at all being illegal, to "in common use", etc. I'm really happy to see a judge really apply what Heller set out for us.

Good. Californians need to move a case up to this guy for the retarded handgun "roster" and the full retard stamping law and they might be in a decent spot for the first time in decades.

Attached: 1533446051330s.jpg (245x250, 7K)

>Beyond the simple Hellertest, for a Second Amendment question, the Ninth Circuit uses what might be called a tripartite binary test with a sliding scale and a reasonable fit. In other words, there are three different two-part tests, after which the sliding scale of scrutiny is selected. Most courts select intermediate scrutiny in the end. Intermediate scrutiny, in turn, looks for a “reasonable fit.” It is an overly complex analysis that people of ordinary intelligence cannot be expected to understand. It is the wrong standard. But the statute fails anyhow.
Absolutely
S A V A G E

Nah. They'll just keep passing shitty unConstitutional laws every single year, and the legal battles over each will take the better part of a decade. Same exact shit's going on in Oregon and Washington, and they're screaming louder because they can't quite believe it yet.

Civil disobedience by rural shire-reeves is our last best hope at this point -- backed up, if need be, by posses of scared shitless angry unhappy non-hyphenated Americans. I look for zero help from our black robed tyrants at this point. As a class, they will never vote themselves less power any more than the other two branches.

>In a peaceful society, a 10-round limit maynot be severe. When thousands of people are rioting, as happened in Los Angeles in 1992, or more recently with Antifa members in Berkeley in 2017, a 10-round limit for self-defense is a severe burden. When a group of armed burglars break into a citizen’s home at night, and the homeowner in pajamas must choose between using their left hand to grab either a telephone, a flashlight, or an extra 10-round magazine, theburden is severe. When one is far from help in a sparsely populated part of the state, and law enforcement may not be able to respond in a timely manner, the burden of a 10-round limit is severe. When a major earthquake causes power outages, gas and water line ruptures, collapsed bridges and buildings, and chaos, the burden of a 10-round magazine limit is severe. When food distribution channels are disrupted and sustenance becomes scarce while criminals run rampant, the burden of a 10-round magazine limit is severe. Surely, the rights protected by the Second Amendment are not to be trimmed away as unnecessary because today’s litigation happens during the best of times. It may be the best of times in Sunnyvale; it may be the worst of times in Bombay Beach or Potrero. California’s ban covers the entire state at all times.
Where the fuck did they find this judge? This guy is 200% based and redpilled.

SCOUTS NOMINATION NOW

Yeah, why does an honest citizen need more than ten boxes? If you can't fit everything in ten boxes you probably have too much stuff.

>Strict scrutiny requires the Government to prove that the restriction on a constitutional right furthers a compelling interest and is narrowly tailored to achieve that interest. Mance v. Sessions, 896 F.3d 699, 705-06 (5th Cir. 2018),pet’n for cert. filed(Nov. 19, 2018) (applying strict scrutiny in Second Amendment case). California’s ban on magazines able to hold more than 10 rounds fails strict scrutiny...
>Section 32310 is not narrowly tailored; it is not tailored at all. It fits like a burlap bag. It is a single-dimensional, prophylactic, blanket thrown across the population of the state. As such, §32310 fails strict scrutiny and violates the Second Amendment.
Holy fuck, how can one man be so eloquent and so brutal at the same time? California should be embarrassed by the buttfucking from this judge.

>This Court has observed that the quality of the evidence relied on by the State is remarkably thin. The State’s reliance and the State’s experts’ reliance on compilations such as the Mother Jones Magazine survey is an example. The survey is found in theAttorney General’s Opposition to Plaintiff’s Motion for Summary Judgment at Exhibit 37. It purports to be a survey of mass shootings. It does not indicate how its data is selected, or assembled, or tested. It is unaccompanied by any declaration as to its accuracy. It is probably not peer-reviewed. It has no widely-accepted reputation for objectivity. While it might be something that an expert considers in forming an admissible opinion, the survey by itself would be inadmissible under the normal rulesof evidence.
>The State says that the survey “has been cited favorably in numerous cases,” citing three decisions. Id. at n. 13. Of the three cases listed, however, the survey is not mentioned at all in one case, mentioned only as something an expert relied on in the second case, and mentioned only in passing as “exhaustive” but without analysis in the third. On the other hand, after the Attorney General’s brief was filed, the Third Circuit noted issues with the Mother Jones Magazine survey, remarking, “Mother Jones has changed it definition of a mass shooting over time, setting a different minimum number of fatalities or shooters, and may have omitted a significant number of mass shooting incidents.”
Mother Jones absolutely BTFO. This judge is positively reaming the state. He even went as far as to apply both strict and intermediate scrutiny and show that the statute failed both! The state asked for intermediate scrutiny, by the way, as it is a matter of course in most 2A cases in California's circuit.

It won't beat the 9th. This ruling is only temporary because it WILL be appealed and it WILL be struck down by the 9th.

It's only a matter of time.

Honorable Roger T. Benitez the Based

People forget how important nominating fed. judges for the sitting president. Benitez was a GW Bush appointee. Trump is packing the courts with judges at a record pace - despite his bumpo stock bullshit he's kicking ass with the judges.

>Benitez

Attached: 120_-_benis[1].jpg (600x510, 41K)

The Maryland District court ruling against the Maryland assault weapons ban was just as balsy and great. Was shredded on appeal by the 4th circuit of appeals. Their opinion read like it was written by couple of meter maids.