Would anyone here object to a S&W M&P Sport II as a good first AR?

Would anyone here object to a S&W M&P Sport II as a good first AR?

Just going to be doing some hobby/range shooting, mostly. Anything I need to know?

Attached: m-and-p-15-sport-ii-10202.jpg (1500x850, 194K)

good gun. get

A midlength AR from PSA set up similarly would be cheaper and has a more optimal gas system

>would anyone object?
Yes, there are plenty of people who would object. They are idiots who are coping with spending way to much money on a mid tier weapon. M&P 15 is a great gun, especially for the price, mine never fails and I've put maybe 10000 rounds through it.

No. It's the #1 selling rifle in America for good reason.

However, see .

mine is great. Just dont expect it to be on the level of a high end AR

no big reason reason to object
just remember to be safe

I'm thinking about getting one of these for my first AR as well. I know they're considered entry level, but I want something for SHTF that I can rely on with my life. Are they any good for that?

Nobody I know who has one has ever complained about it. That being said, PSA is right now selling a complete upper and lower for about $350. You could get a decent rear sight and a mag and still be under the $550ish an M&P runs for. It's still a great package deal, and it's better than a Panther in my opinion, so go for it, do whatever pleases you.

>shtf
I'd go with a PSA personally, but honestly any decent AR will be fine. Buy an extra BCG or two and another lower build kit for all the springs and detents you might end up losing.
Then go buy ammo and actually shoot the fucking thing, and git gud.

>not LMT
>not KAC
>not building purely to impress /arg/
never going to make it

first ar second ar main ar its good

Nothing wrong with it, friend of mine has one, preferred gun by school shooters, Your just that guy at the range if you have one.

I've noticed many people suggesting PSA outside of here as well. Is that model just a cheaper, entry level AR? Or is it a better firearm over the S&W?

good gun, she won't let you down, user

Goodluck having to use the safety key to activate the rifle like you have to with their revolvers LOL FAG

Did you change out the barrel yet?

Wait until you can find on cheap online
Your LGS will charge you $700 for that when it can go for as low as $350

More or less an equivalent. The MP15 you can shoot out of the box but the PSA you have to assemble.

Complete rifles in the US are taxed like 11% in addition to MSRP so the MPs additional cost ironically probably funds big brother.

PSA isnt subject to such tax because they sell the kit so the cost savings goes to you.

They are same quality maybe with gas systems PSA has an edge but MP has the convenience

This is what I got for my first AR. I wholeheartedly recommend it, but with one strong caveat and warning: the castle nut doesn't come staked on this. That's the big nut that screws around the buffer tube and looks like the crenelated top of a castle tower. After plenty of carrying and moving the nut on mine eventually got loose enough to take off by hand. Apparently, there are people who will tell you that you don't need to stake these. Those people are morons.

Buy it or a PSA (PSA is cheaper and a pro-second amendment company) and make sure you stake your castle nut. You need a mallet and a punch and it takes 2 seconds.

they are fine rifles. /arg/ tards scream you need a different barrel but the barrel it has is just fine for god's cartridge: 55 grain 5.56 m193.

Im going to give you my advice. But you wont take it. Because its not the majority opinion. But I do it anyways
Go buy a BCM complete lower. Go home and put it away safe. And save more money. Months later after saving up.. Buy a BCM CHF ELW MCMR.
Then put it away. And save more money. Then buy a BCG and charging handle and buis. Then assemble and go enjoy a high quality rifle. It will take you a while. But you will own a rifle of high quality. And it will hold resale value. Perhaps add a quality red dot to it.

Personally I'd save a few hundred more and get something better. There's nothing wrong with it as a starting gun but I wish someone would have told me to get something better when I first started.

Check out Sionics. They're a great company with quality on par with BCM.

They're running about the same cost as a Ruger MPR now. It's a working rifle but there are other brands I'd look at first. It also has the a2 finger bump on the grip which is like adopting a child with HIV.

I have 500 rounds on a Aero Precision without a staked castle nut. No issues what so ever. Infact I never have issues.
Ever. Except for a noob double feed here and there. But it was my first AR. I built it myself.

It's a good rifle, but I built my poverty rifle with an Aero lower, milspec LPK, and a Radical Firearms assembled upper for ~600.

This. Staking isn’t necessary if it’s tourqed down enough.

PSA is better for cheaper un-ironically. Get a BCM AR though.

Attached: 1523318984588.jpg (731x721, 84K)

Well, i used some aero shell on the threads. I think that helps.

Staking is absolutely a food thing to do. Get a PWS ratcheting end plate at the very least.

If PSA Freedom AR kits are basically equivalent to the M&P, are premium PSA uppers with the FN CHF barrels a worthwhile step up?

*Good

I think the basic freedom barrel is cmv (chrome moly vanadium). The latter being cold hammer forged steel. Made by FN.
In all of my research. Unless you are doing alot of shooting to the point you heat the barrel up enough. Then you dont need a CHF barrel.
I mean I have a BCM CHF and a CMV balistic advatage barrel.
I know accuracy is greater in the CMV barrel. Because although CHF barrels last alot longer. They are not as accurate as say Stainless steel.
In a more technical aspect. The upper and how its attached to the barrel. Is what increases accuracy. Reducing that slop between the barrel and throat of the upper. Helps reduce barrel whip. That and the attachment of the barrel nut to the upper. (Reducing tolerances)
So point being. If you are a casual shooter. CMV or stainless is fine.
Shoot 5k rounds? Then yes. You should go with a hammer forged barrel. Which doesn't increase accuracy. Those people just get confused by a better assembled rifle.

Please do this, you'll have a better rifle than probably 90% of the cheap prebuilt options

Another vote for "Dude, it's fine". Take a carbine course. Run that bitch as hard as you would a pistol. You can always buy a new upper or trigger if you want to upgrade later.

What you think of smiths and Wessons mp ar10?

Just build a lower and get a BCM upper. Lower is just a hunk of metal you put shit in lmao.

I must concede, that is true.

was going to get one as my first AR about the time of sandy hook but lgs had some clerk screw up and let somebody jump ahead of me on the order list. Offered me a colt for a couple bucks more. Sweet deal overall

and yet, somehow still the "gun" part of the gun, according to the law
the law is memes

It's a basic bitch AR. Enjoy it for what it is. I'm in favor of it