This is the ideal AR mag. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like

This is the ideal AR mag. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Attached: Tu8r8RC.jpg (600x315, 38K)

empty?

Based. I've had this mag since my 2nd tour in Iraq 10 years ago. No idea how long it was around before me

Attached: IMG_20190330_004812~2.jpg (2057x3478, 2.08M)

They can't be. They're not 20 rounders.

Thanks guys.
I'll be on the lookout for some.
Is the pull just para cord and duct tape?

Yes. And the follower should be a magpul one.

eventually the tape weakens and you lose your 550 cord.
Some guys put it through the mag plate hole and break the mag plates.
these were black follower 80s OKAY mags though.

>putting little bandanas on your mags
cute

This

fpbp

Coming to a Californian near you.
>high capacity assault clipazines get imported by the ton for months until hundreds of million of mags get in the hands of millions of californian gun owners
>liberals die en masse from rampant baby killer magazine exposure
>california turns red in time for 2020 and majority white again from the newfound testosterone and freedom boosting birth rates and increasing midwest and southern immigration to california.

My 550 cord is running thru the floorplate, not the tape

>Duct tape
100 mph tape

What is so great about 20rd mags over 30rd ones? A guy I work with uses 20's almost exclusively and I don't know why.

They're just easier to manuever and streamline the rifle a bit. I wouldn't use then exclusively, but it's good to keep in the rifle as the first mag

>streamline the rifle a bit
This. 20-round mags look so good.

20s are pure aesthetic

W8 wut habbend?

I like them because .223 usually comes in 20 round so one full mag is one whole box. this sounds autistic now that I'm typing it out since you can just load 20 rounds into a 30 round mag but w/e

I installed magpul followers in my steel mags and they continually hang up. How do I fix this

100% Certified This

Magazine ban was struck down as unconstitutional by CA district court and Becerra cannot even appeal until monday. Right now, you can buy and use 10+ round mags in the ABSOLUTE state.

Lancers > Pmags > lmaosteelmags

Except for the beretta arx100 steel mags which might contend, but there arent enough users or reviews to determine.

why do you guys put the cord on the bottom, isnt it easy enough to get out from the rifle on a reload?

it's so when you pull the mag out of a carrier.

Not so much for dropping from a magwell as it is for pulling out of a plate carrier/mag pouch.

I like them for keeping in my car gun, 30 round mags are a bit long for really tight spaces like that and can hang up on all sorts of shit.

I see, thanks. Does it really help that much? Also, do you guys ever smush your mag lips when they are in your carrier and you dive to the ground?
t. neverserved

some carriers aren't super good at releasing the magazine. If you' re wearing gloves it makes it harder too. I have the universal SA rig not the AK specific one so it's not a super smooth process to pull a mag out, but it's still very fast with a good grip.

One of my surplus mags came like that, through the floor plate.

Scratches lower, gets dented easy and follower hangs up. Only benefit is the smaller size and ease of getting them in and out of pouches. Seen too many bad AK mags to trust metal rifle mags.

For that 'nam LARP maaan

What steel mags do you have? Should've gotten milspec USGI aluminum mags.

One that holds boolets

they look 100x better

The new EPMs we get are pretty nice.

I have like 15 fucking magazines now and have never signed a single one from supply, most of them are the green followers though.

Attached: magazines.png (1512x767, 1.79M)

they look gay

based

>using anything but PMAGs
Lol have fun clearing malfunctions

>using pmags
>ever

jamomatic and crack and failomatic plastic junk, check with battlefield vegas on how shit PMAGS are.

I'll trust real operators and my own personal experiences over some dumbass range queens

why do people hate on hexmags, I have never had a problem with them before

Because they're consumer grade garbage

boy I sure hate hexmags now

>I'll trust real operators
so battlefield vegas who run over 50,000,000 rounds a year through their mags and guns?

>and my own personal experiences
well thats laughable and completely useles

PMAGS don't hold up, it as simple as that, neither do lancer mags per BV, and the armys recent trials with the EPM, lancer choked the hardest.

There are reports of the EPM mags in grey, until they show up I'll stick with the tan mags.

>50,000,000
I think you have an extra 0

Battlefield Vegas reports are in no way indicative of real world use.

The Marines did all the testing needed, PMAGs are superior. DEAL WITH IT.

An extra chromosome as well

>20rd mags over 30rd mags
>they look 100x better

While I do agree with this, doesn't a 20rd mag defeat the whole purpose of .223? Isn't the whole shtick of .223 is that you can carry more rounds? Why use 20rd of .223 when I can use 20rds of .308? I have a hard time justifying using 20rd mags over 30rd.

I'll be carrying the same amount of mags on me right?

Attached: ba3a54c7fd27e6048d7fdaaab19aa12c--fn-scar-tactical-firearms.jpg (736x552, 216K)

wrong.

No u

You must be talking about aluminum mags with bent feed lips and poor follower design.

>jamomatic

9/10 people that use this term are mouthbreathing retards blaming problems that were totally their fault on their equipment.

>he's upset his pmags are actually junk in reality.

n..no it's actaually the USGI mags which are the only ones that hold up that are bad.

Attached: 1489910252257.png (665x465, 115K)

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

You can carry a few more mags user. That's also not the only advantage of 5.56. The basically non existent recoil makes follow up shots easier. The theory is that 2 or 3 5.56 shots will do more damage than 1 7.62 shot. Not to mention the 5.56 loadout will still be lighter than the 7.62, even if your carrying a few extra mags compared to it.

read the 250 page thread by henderson defense on what holds up and what doesn't on arfcom.

this

But if the 550 paracord goes through the floor plate, why put the tape??

Never once have I done that foul shit in all my 4 years in the infantry.

Hockey grip tape desu

Truth. I bought one of the old school Nam era Colts at the last gun show, has the metal follower. Debating if I should stick a new style follower in it, since the old ones have a tendency to tilt a bit. But the aesthetic is 10/10

>5-8 years of Pmags field tested
>50+ years aluminium mags field tested
Gee i wonder. My unit was all issued HK steel mags, they were heavy as shit. Personally I think the standard GI aluminium is best. I also saw HK mags get dinged/dented as well, I still have one with a slightly bent floorplate

I replaced a few black followers with the CMMG stainless ones and they are pretty good.

Well I was 11b from 05-10 and depending on who your PSG was and what unit SOP was, this was sometimes mandatory.

The one I bought the follower is old, it's not black it's like metallic/aluminium looking. I think the mag is pretty old, but it looks so sexy and was in almost unused condition

>be me
>stationed in Germany
>helping to clear out a storage building
>basically its just packed full of wooden crates for shaped charges and small arms ammo, and metal cans
>literally throwing away tons of cool crates and ammo cans
>notice this yuge cardboard box
>its full to the max with black and green follower STANAGs
>ask what they're doing with them
>"security forces didn't want them anymore"
>they're going to be thrown away also
>Friend and I look at eachother, both grab the biggest wooden crate we can find
>pack 75 of those cocksuckers in crate, fill pockets
>year later go back to the US with 1 EA crate o mags

And then I sold all but 15 and put magpul followers in those, we still PMAG gang tho

Based. I had a similar experience, unit we took over to in Iraq left tons of them in ammo cans in trucks/CHUs. Found probably 50+ in ammo cans in my CHU. Split it with my SL and a buddy. End up selling them for $20-25 a pop at a gunshow during the Sandy Hook era. Now they're selling for $10 a pop again.

>things that never happened.

These "acquisitions" happen quite often in the military. I'm a different user but I've got quite a few goodies besides mags. Only sensitive items that are tracked 100% are weapon related optics, lasers, NVG, etc...even signing shit from supply gets all jacked up and they never ask for some shit backz especially if they change supply NCOs

>Scratches lower
oh nooooo

>/Arg/ will never take me serious again

>Be me
>19D in Afghanistan
>Airforce people on our small Fob
>get to know them
>Their deployment is ending
>ask me where to turn in their magazines
>I tell them I will take care of it for them
>about 10 Airforce fobbits each give me 7 USGI mags still in the packaging.
>Airforce people leave
>Fill up a random small crate supply sgt gives me with 70+ mags
>time comes to ship back to conus
>tell customs guy at troop connex that I have a crate from supply to toss in
>get back to the states and have nice little mag stash
Thnx airmen

Attached: 8B330126-2A6C-4968-B0F9-94ADD894D339.png (163x224, 38K)

>he thinks gi mags are steel

This, fucking nogun faggots ruining Jow Forums (again)

if the marines couldn't break them, nothing can

The HK ones are steel. Heavy as shit
>19d
>Tells story that doesn't end in gay orgy
Doubt

Did they give them a chew test?

nice

Army dude here
Enlisted in 2002
I remeber when Pmags first came out. they were designed as a cheap training mag. You had to use the “dust cover” to take pressure off the feedlips because they would literally self destruct if you left them loaded for any length of time and handled them roughly. They would split down the back.
Our CO actually banned us from using them for a little while.
After the first generation, they seem to have worked the kinks out.
I always carried Lancers and never had trouble for what it’s worth.
>picrelated not mine, just shows where our original ones cracked at.

Attached: D26D1C5A-7185-4F29-BC9E-0EAB0B003A47.jpg (1000x474, 159K)

>they seem to have worked the kinks out.
I would wholeheartedly disagree on that.

Attached: Screenshot_20190330-172714_1.png (1440x1574, 1.83M)

And PMAGs are now standard issue because those aluminum mags are junk.

That's an anomaly. PMAGs are damn near indestructible.

Fort Lee I ran a range and the mags used for the qual were pmags. Nearly everyone had cracked feedlips. Caused the range to shut down because so many students had issues with their weapons they didn't know how to correct

That's insane. Pics or didn't happen.

I've been using PMAGs for years and haven't had a single problem.

How are the D&H magazines? Is the Surefeed different from the military model?

filled with bees?

That's what I have

Your P-Mags aren't handled by semi-retarded minorities who didn't pay a single cent from their pocket to use.

You probably aren't aware of it but if I were to play video of you handling your own property next to a soldier handling Government Property you'd very clearly see how gently you treat your own stuff.

Based IMI ammo comes 30/box

Attached: imi 193 003_0.jpg (640x480, 49K)

>20
Get on my level.

Attached: IMG_20190329_090530.jpg (5248x3117, 2.92M)

Where are the anime print hexmags at?

>IMI
Yeah, I guess it's all right if you don't have a box of CBC around

want

Attached: CBC M193.jpg (718x693, 157K)

both are great, surefeed e2 has some extra texture, standard surefeed is the same, im pretty sure both d&h and okay make mags for us military

Seems more cost efficient to get rid of all brown people, than stop using pmags.

lul

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-29 at 3.44.57 PM.png (818x700, 569K)

D E V I L I S H

How are those 25s, anyway? It's great that Brownells is making them, but I just can't bring myself to drop sixty bucks on a neat-looking mag unless someone can tell me whether it's going to work or not.

Attached: Miss_America_1962_Maria_Fletcher_fires_an_M16_rifle_for_demonstration.jpg (1280x853, 81K)

Brownells is a reasonably competent company, I'd assume they'll work just fine. If anything I'll probably get one at some point for my A1.