How effective is a rapier and dagger?

How effective is a rapier and dagger?

Attached: dual rapier weirdness.jpg (532x800, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Nagasaki
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakoku
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan–Portugal_relations
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nossa_Senhora_da_Graça_incident
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

Pretty good, so much so that the Japanese banned the Portuguese from carrying weapons, as they completely BTFO'd samurai with said weapons.

Not as good as a gun.
Also, you aren't supposed to bump your own threads

Attached: 1553296699075.png (341x247, 153K)

For and against what? Another rapier and dagger? A pike?

Got a source on this? AFAIK the Japs didn't do much but trade until the English came.

Kys

How effective is bread
>This is the same equivalent question learn to not ask questions like a retard

It's really good... for causing tiny nonfatal wounds which suffice to restore honour to both parties to a duel. Which is why they were created.
It is not a battlefield weapon and should not be considered as one.

Very effective for unarmored dueling. Not great for the battlefield, though you still did see some people carrying them.

There are a few accounts of Portugeuse blowing out Japs, but those Japs were just sailors with swords and not trained fighters.

>AFAIK the Japs didn't do much but trade until the English came.
That's cause you never studied history outside of when you were forced to. Japanese isolationism was put into effect specifically because Spain and Portugal were so active in trading in Japan, and clearly had colonial ambitions.
>English
Wrong. Americans opened Japan to trade. Even during the period of Japanese isolationism, the Dutch were allowed access to trade in Japan.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Nagasaki
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakoku
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan–Portugal_relations

>Which is why they were created.
[citation needed]

Holy fuck, is this the "5.56 is designed to wound" fuddlore of the Renaissance?

Dumbest fucking comment ever.
You're thinking of small swords not rapiers. A rapier is a pretty long assed beastly sword and it'll do a fuck ton of a lot more than give ya a minor wound. And yes rapiers and thier varientowere used on the battlefield regularly... stabbing people to death is pretty effective.

>you never studied history outside of when you were forced to
The comment you're replying to is me trying to study history without being forced to but whatever.

>Japanese isolationism was put into effect specifically because Spain and Portugal were so active in trading in Japan
So was what I said about them trading wrong?

>Americans opened Japan to trade.
Now that I fucked up on. Something about Perry always makes me think Brit.

>So was what I said about them trading wrong?
I mean, you missed the part where they were violently evicted from Japan, Portugal had an entire city under their control which was seized by one clan, reclaimed by another and kept by them.

Or this incident in which some handful of Portuguese sailors held off numerous Japanese warships for days until they were overrun and detonated the ship's powder stores rather than surrender.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nossa_Senhora_da_Graça_incident

>The comment you're replying to is me trying to study history without being forced to but whatever.
Are you taking the linux approach to studying then? Just shout wrong answers and wait for someone to tell you the correct one?

Good lord I get it, relations were rocky. I get that Japan kicked people out, don't bitch at me for being wrong about who opened up Japan and then act like I didn't know that Japan needed to be opened. Let's get back to the main point, is
>the Japanese banned the Portuguese from carrying weapons, as they completely BTFO'd samurai with said weapons
an accurate statement?

Nah it's this crazy new thing where I ask people for sources to back up the things that they say. The shit that I got wrong seems largely immaterial to the discussion unless Portuguese swordsmen having altercations with samurai strained tensions.

he's new to 4channel, and not all 16 year olds know the finer points of thread etiquette

damn

Attached: takeEmAllWithYou.png (686x563, 54K)

>an accurate statement?
Nah, at best they most likely banned them from avoiding stupid sailors ruining diplomatic relations.
Besides, we know nothing about portuguese rapiering samurai. It's basically all myarmoury hearsay (would love to be proven wrong though).

I'd figured that was the case, thanks user.

Hidden crit damage modifier