Whats the best gun to use for self defense if i wanted something with more power then a 9mm

whats the best gun to use for self defense if i wanted something with more power then a 9mm

Attached: Glock-19-9mm_main-1.jpg (275x275, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

460rowland.com/product/compensated-glock-21-conversion/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A rifle. Handguns are all underpowered.

Do you believe in jesus?

Attached: IMG_4553.jpg (1280x607, 284K)

my dick

11.5mm

Poison darts from a blowfun.

ive looked at black ak 47's but figured it would be overpowered for something as simple as just self defense

Attached: charlie.jpg (656x369, 94K)

10mm, 45 super, 460 roland, and 357 are all appreciably more powerful than any defensive 9mm.

>460 roland

what i wanted something i could just buy off the shelf and not have to convert it

460rowland.com/product/compensated-glock-21-conversion/

or are 10mm and 357 the only calibers you could find without having to buy something like the link i posted

or is there a way you can buy an ak 47 or an ar 15 and not have to worry about over penetration.i guess i figured handguns with hollow points were better in terms of that

Attached: 1529016314775.jpg (400x558, 29K)

It's actually the opposite. An OTM 5.56 round will frag and break apart and penetrate less drywall than a pistol JHP. Pistol JHPs will clog with drywall and act like a FMJ and go thru more walls. They key is the velocity of 5.56. Pistol rounds don't have the velocity needed to fragment.

>if i wanted something with more power then a 9mm
10mm, obviously

>thinly veiled 9 vs 45 bait

10mm

>bait

nope,im being serious

although

im thinking more towards just buying a glock 9mm and using an ar 15 or an ak 47 now

10mm can equal a 556 sbr from a longslide pistol

Super magnum calibers like 460 sw and 500 sw are comparable to large rifle rounds like 45-70 or 30.06

Attached: maxresdefault-7.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

357sig

gross

10mm doesn't cross the 2,000 fps threshold for tearing tissue through the temporary cavity meaning all that extra energy is dissipated in human flesh

Glock 19

How fucking stupid are you? You're not even asking the right questions. What role do you want this to fulfill?

I chrono these at 2550 fps from my glock 40 using my buddies chronograph. I do live In a high altitude hot as fuck place so that might add 100 fps.

Attached: 762022-1.jpg (880x660, 84K)

Glock 29

those are great rounds but only 60gr, and a way worse ballistic coefficient than .223, so again... you're really not getting anything over 5.56.

where you're noticing the disparity is in the short-short barrels. 6" isn't enough for 5.56 powder to generate enough gas pressure, 10" is really the minimum.

That comparison ignores velocity, the single most important factor in the difference in wounding capabilities of rifle rounds and handgun rounds as it limits the speed of TSC formation. Muscle tissue is very resistant to large stretch cavities, much less so to quickly formed ones.
Some loads do, even 9mm can. Problem is that all the designs are shitty memes that focus on minimal penetration and fragmentation.

oops, i mean almost all of them.

Attached: Xtreme memes make the dream.png (1490x644, 395K)

You telling me you conceal carry a glock 40? Thats nice ammo but most of the 10mm out there is only going 1200-1500 fps out of g20 sized barrels

>ballistic coefficient
>self-defense
Ballistic coefficient is wholly and entirely irrelevant at self-defense ranges. It only pertains to how quickly the projectile loses velocity and thus effective range at long distances.

>not gaining anything over 5.56
Uh, yeah, the fact that it's getting the same performance as an 11 inch barrel AR in a 5 inch barrel handgun, other than, again, the ballistic coefficient? I'd say that's definitely significant. Liberty Civil Defense is huge.

>Ballistic coefficient is wholly and entirely irrelevant at self-defense ranges
then you've constructed a false premise upon which to build your claim that 10mm is JUSTASGOOD as an intermediate rifle cartridge.

accuracy at range is a key component of the design criteria of any rifle round, and that inherently makes it "better", in an objective sense, than a pistol round that can't reach out reliably beyond a few tens of meters.

Ahahahahaha

>entire thread is about defense at handgun ranges with handguns
>user talks about offering rifle like performance for self defense out of a handgun
>BS it isn't just as good at engaging point targets at 500m in a military setting!
Youre retarded.

What I said was that 10mm = 556 from pistol length barrels.

Under 7.5 inches its actually far superior.

OP's question was just "whats best for self defense"

if you're denying that 5.56 is better for self defense than FUCKING ANY pistol caliber, you're a walking nutsack

No it doesnt ignore velocity. 460 / 500 sw can chuck bullets well in excess of the 2000 fps mark. So can 10mm loads, to a lesser extent.

I do cc a glock 40 actually yeah. Right now it's loaded with 100 grain extreme defenders.

100 grains approaching 2000 fps.(probably like 1950)

At handgun distances it is just as good, nobody shoots shit at 300 yards with a handgun.

God, imagine being so insecure about your .22 peashooter rifle caliber that you have to get insecure about handgun rounds.

>Chooses rifle indoors over pistol
Say goodybye to your ears.

.45 = 11.45 mm cartridge for m1911

oh no, my ears will be ringing for approximately 1 day longer than if i busted off a string of 10mm indoors with no earpro...

>f-f-forty isn't stronger than 9mm! It's true! I carry the best caliber and everyone else is a stoopid fudd!

Attached: glockbrandglock.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

>500 sw can chuck bullets well in excess of the 2000 fps mark.
Im unaware of any common loadings that do that. Typical light and fast for 500 S&W is around 1800-1900fps. Searching around i did manage to find a single 460 S&W loading that gets a hair over 2100 FPS out of an unspecified length barrel, although all other loads i looked at were comparable to 500 S&W velocities(under 2k). Meanwhile 30-06 is capable of over 3000fps out of a 22" rifle. a 1200fps gap is huge.
>So can 10mm loads
A single load that im aware of can get velocities comparable to SBR 5.56 velocities, ill readily admit to that, my comment was aimed at your statement regarding 460/500. The main problem with the 10mm loading isn't velocity but rather projectile design IMO.

You are not getting your hands on an AK 47 you fucking retard.

>40 short & weak

Attached: 1553749179175.jpg (700x700, 23K)

Its crazy the difference that just a few mm of brass can make.

Attached: 1543896465389.jpg (300x225, 8K)

white boy day

Shoulder holster or waist? I love my G40 so much I'd be tempted to start carrying it over my EG Makarov or Shield.

I'm curious, will these .460 conversions not beat up your frame?

300blk with frangible ammo.

>muh ears

time to stop drinking basedmilk and start being a man

>proprietary cartridge only available from the original manufacturer with guns available only through conversions

It sounds like he basically re-made 44 Auto Mag but offers conversions for dual-stack pistols. I wish there was a common, standard 44 Mag autoloader equivalent, but all we get is this memery.