CMC vs Geissele

Which do you prefer? CMC or Geissele? Single Stage or Two Stage?

From everything I read, they both are solid triggers. It seems like most people prefer Geissele but have never tried a CMC.

I am leaning towards getting a 2 stage CMC because I like the flat face with the bottom hook design vs the completely flat Geissele. Otherwise, they both feel light and crisp...

Attached: trigger.jpg (500x400, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rainierarms.com/jmt-saber-single-stage-drop-in-trigger/
brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-parts/triggers/ar-15-enhanced-triggers-prod67223.aspx
brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-parts/triggers/ar-15-enhanced-triggers-prod67223.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=GEISSELE+AUTOMATICS+LLC
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can get a Larue MBT which is on par with CMC for $87 if you don't mind waiting a couple month.

why do you have to wait? Are they back ordered?

Are these drop in?

FLASH: HOT TAKE INCOMING

Milspec AR triggers are literally great

RESUME NORMAL OPERATIONS

Timney

I have 2 Geissele’s (S3G and SSA-E)
I also have a JMT Saber, 3 USGI’s, RRA National Match and a PSA polished one.
For the money, the JMT is really good if you want a single stage.
rainierarms.com/jmt-saber-single-stage-drop-in-trigger/

Attached: 6F3C9273-F9FD-48B6-997C-C931E70A0A6B.png (640x427, 158K)

I have a 2-stage cmc in one of my rifles. Has been great so far.

>fox and grapes

Oh, and I also have one of the $130 Brownell’s Geissele SSA-E clones.
I literally cannot tell a difference between it and the real one.

Make sure you shop around for the CMC. I've found the 3.5 flat for 95.

Something something "built to order" BS but in reality it's so they have your money now and once they have a certain number of orders for triggers they can fire up their machines and make a batch and be able to sell the triggers without keeping excessive inventory.

not at all. i have several custom triggers, and they're definitely an improvement in travel and pull weight, but compare a well-smithed milspec AR trigger to basically any stock combat rifle trigger. its no contest. the milspec ar trigger is insanely good, and 99 out of 100 people will never outshoot it, but will be saved from at least one ND by having some actual pull weight.
this. love my jmt saber.

My AR came with a Timney Single Stage 3.5 lb. and it's fucking sex. Super crisp, super short pull and reset.

single stage?

I am looking at the 2 stage 2lb/2lb. $220 is the best I can find

Single

Do you have a part # or name of the trigger?

Right to Bear has yours for 180.

not the user, but I think it is this one in 2 stage
brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-parts/triggers/ar-15-enhanced-triggers-prod67223.aspx

I use a Geissel Ssae and the uptake is clean and it breaks like a candy cane. Friggin love it

brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-parts/triggers/ar-15-enhanced-triggers-prod67223.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=GEISSELE+AUTOMATICS+LLC

They are a collab with Geissele.
It’s literally the exact same triggers without the laser engraving

Remeber, there is ALWAYS good promo codes for brownells out there

fuggg

true..so its like a colab with Geissele it looks like

>colab with Geissele
yes. The “rapid fire” is an oem S3G and the “Enhanced” is an oem SSA-E.
Literally the exact same trigger less the markings.

how do they offer it so low when everyone else has it for $220? Is it referbed or defective do you think?

I've seen it for that from other smaller sites like KYGuns and such.

well F me in the A

Gun dot Deals is your new best friend.

Attached: 1544725400452.jpg (720x960, 55K)

Based

Attached: 681C1E87-BC13-43EB-9DA9-4DB304CB8804.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

and kisspilled

Attached: 1553777824222.jpg (660x660, 20K)

I actually talked with them on the phone, they're back ordered really bad because they have the facilities to make about 600 a month and are receiving over 1000 new orders a month.

Love mine though

I have a Geissele SSA-E but I'm not a trigger snob. I bought it because I typically shoot DA/SA handguns and I found the milspec AR trigger that came in my rifle to be just a little too "clicky" for my taste. As mentioned I'm not a super autistic trigger guy but here are my observations:

>Compared to my milspec one, this is MUCH smoother to operate. It feels "greased" to me somehow. Maybe my particular milspec one was just improperly lubed?
>The break on the 2nd stage is so sensitive/light it is sometimes possible to completely squeeze by it and discharge a round as even a tiny bit of finger movement will overcome the 1.5 pounds or whatever weight the 2nd stage is. This is great when you're calm and steady but if you've been shooting all day and you're not as focused you might waste a shot every now and then. Could just be I'm not a 2 stage guy.
>Its overall pull weight is so light and reset so short that inexperienced and/or weaker shooters can easily double tap by accident under recoil. I ran into this with my younger nephew at the range and eventually just handed him a different gun.
>Build quality is great, installation is piss easy

Overall I like it but I sort of wish I'd gotten a single stage trigger instead. I do shoot ever so slightly better groups with it, but it's not like a better trigger will put you on paper if you aren't already there. I probably will get a single stage for my next build and probably a Geissele at that. I got mine on sale for 150 though, 250 is a touch overpriced. As far as AR upgrades go, this has had a more noticeable positive effect on my enjoyment of the gun than many other things I've bought for it.

I'm looking for a single stage trigger with a 5 lbs pull.

Basically like a milspec trigger but with the crisp break and reset like a Timney. I heard good things about the Hiperfire EDT. Does anyone here have one or spent time shooting one?

Attached: cf328284-9499-4f65-8b9a-47f4168dea98_1.618083f1f78f6b886a3070696fbcc873.jpg (450x450, 12K)

see JMT here
Pretty sure hiperfire is a meme

Tbqh that JMT looks much more like a meme.

>Maybe my particular milspec one was just improperly lubed?
No, milspec triggers just suck, they're supposed to feel like shit

Why get a 5 pound pull? Even if you don't want a hair trigger go at least as low as 3.5lbs, it'll feel way better

I already have two ARs with 2 pound triggers but I don't want or need a hair trigger for a home defense gun.