AR thread /arg/

/arg/
AR thread
Bullyzone
Cancer containment

'All that Karl hate is going to chew you up anons' edition

Old

Attached: IMG_20170509_182529739_HDR.jpg (3833x1285, 1.6M)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmtdefense.com/firearms/spm10
streamable.com/n9gap
ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/KAC-600m-rears/163-1862941/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

so is there anything actually wrong with the DPMS oracle or is it all just memes like 90% of gun hate on this board

Attached: mk12 scoped n1.jpg (3264x941, 1.17M)

Continued question, when y’all moved on from your first AR, did you simply stop shooting it?

My concern is if I get a KAC I’ll stop enjoying my AR.

Attached: 9B6F03BF-F203-4952-A419-522C757945B7.jpg (2016x1512, 2.16M)

Holdover from when they sucked huge penises and all the shit all brands had when uppers had no FA

so basically it's fine then, just a little outdated

>having multiple rifles for a role

either sell it or make it into something new. don't be a fucking autist who has 3 20 inch rifles or 10 lamy safaris

It's only out-oofed by the sportical. Bare bones entry level rifles with bargain bin DPMS parts. That's not to say DPMS can't make a good rifle, they just don't when it comes to the entry line of 5.56 ARs. As flooded as the market is you can get a lot of AR for your money on the secondhand market. Hell, you can do better for the same price as the oracale probably for something new in box.

t. first AR was a DPMS blue light special

Attached: 65dsf4g65df4g6d54gf.jpg (2016x1420, 1.36M)

Whats a good 10.5" complete upper that doesn't come with a rail but is complete otherwise. Looking for something I could just drop the quad rail of my choice onto.

If you want a nicer rifle, but still want a place for your current one, get a longer/smaller barrel on the sr15

lmtdefense.com/firearms/spm10

Attached: SPM10-1-1600x441.png (1600x441, 292K)

Sorry I wasn't entirely clear, I'm looking for an upper thats just the bare barrel, no front sight post or handguard provisions at all

Would be cheaper to rebarrel my current AR, I was thinking 18” rifle gas.

Unironically BCM can fulfill your request. LMT has 10.5 or 10.3 uppers, not sure if they are in stock anywhere.

No but that's because my first AR was turbogarbo. Having different types of optics on the rifles helps give purpose to getting them in rotation. The carry handle shitters are meant for dumping shit loads of steel case and earn rotation doing that and being fun as fuck to shoot.

TL;DR: If you like to shoot them it shouldn't be a problem.

Attached: 645dgf46gdf8g468e4.jpg (1469x2360, 1.71M)

ABOUT TO BUY - PISTON OR DI???

Disregard: I haven't seen anyone selling barreled uppers with only low profile gas blocks attached. Any reason you are opposed to having the manufacturer put the rail on?

Attached: 65ewr4g6s8g46sd8g4eg.jpg (2393x1364, 1.15M)

DI

DI by far

Roller locked

Gross

Attached: 1553709605796.png (232x293, 99K)

this
I would never buy a DPMS. If I'm not shelling out for a custom rifle I stick with PSA. If you can't afford PSA then just save

Copy.. by far? Wow ok, whys that just curious.. btw will add a suppressor afterwards
wat

Piston is less reliable and less accurate

Just wanted to be able to choose the exact rail I want without having to build the upper from scratch

Your local gunsmith will probably charge like $30 to turn a barrel nut on for you. Just buy what you want

Carrier Tilt, Recoil Impulse, Lack of a solid rationale behind piston operation of an AR, parts wear associated with high bolt velocity.

There are plenty of reasons.

Extra Weight, less handguard options, accuracy as mentioned

Dpms lr308 is g2g, mine will do .5-.8 depending on ammo and if I'm doing my part

Go for 20" longboi goodness

posting for hate

Attached: DSCN1895.jpg (3432x2184, 2.22M)

great info had no idea thanks anons. DI it is

Only thing to hate about that rifle is that its clearly owned by a larper because it has absolutely zero wear on it despite being in le epin coolguy outdoors pic

There he goes! There he goes again! Posting the same fucking shit with the same dull words. Cant wait to see a new pic in 8 months you dumb dick, fuck you op.

What you want to see in it? Ill make one special just for you!

Attached: 20190326_153637_HDR-1.jpg (3346x1494, 1.73M)

>owning an AR15
>in 2019
>when hundreds of better options exist

Buy a glock and stop pretending that this plastic rifle is good, you nerds only like it because you saw it in a videogame

Attached: 1510593646321.jpg (500x730, 62K)

Show us yours!

/pistol general/ is that way ->

ar15 is the most cost effective semi automatic on the market period

Not how I do it, but I feel you

Name literally any other semi-automatic rifle you can get for 400$ that will not jam or break, and accepts a huge variety of custom parts.

Shit, most non-ar-pattern semi rifles START in the 1500$ range.

>Owning a glock when literally anything else exists.

hi-point>glocknade

Calm down son.
Im not disagreeing with you.

Police trade-in colts are usually a great deal

Those are AR15 pattern rifles.

Are Aero Precisions 18" complete uppers for 6.5/308 rifle length? If so will running them on a Carbine setup be a problem?

>.308 through carbine length system
you tell me

This all day fellas

REAL Ash clone Block III, ash BTFO

Attached: RAIFUZz.jpg (4032x3024, 3.91M)

I know I know I just want a collapsible buttstock.

Yeah you clearly are, you were claiming they weren't the best option. Tell me all knowing one, what is your choice of rifle?

God they look so great all beat to shit

What's the most difficult part of building a rifle?

>poster says owning an AR is retarded
>retarded poster demands to see their AR

Attached: god.jpg (480x360, 10K)

dealing with the bully when people make fun of your poorfag build spec

Just buy a folding stock and install it on the gun?

You need to be 16in barrel or longer anyway for the folding stock to be legal. I would personally stick with a 20in system.

Putting the trigger springs in correctly and torquing to specs.

>folding stock
>collapsible
Nope it is getting the A2 stock.

Colts are AR15

If ur in calif, that fucking minuscule pin sitting on a little spring under the buffer where the patriot pin installs

For me it was putting the barrel on, but even that wasn't that bad. Just tedious really, and the wrench I was using had to be held in a specific way or it would slip off of the nut.

Everything else was pretty simple.

Whats a decent optic for 223. Trying to hit out to 300-400 yards accurately

I like the kiwis m8

Budget and what do you want the rifle to do?

Nikon M223 3-12

Where to buy a toolcraft bolt?
And is nickel boron a meme or is it worth the $10 more?

Meme

20" longboi and trying to keep it around to 350$ area if it's worth it I'll go as high as 400$. I just want to be able to hit a 12x18 steel target maybe a 10" gong

>all anons are the same
You really should switch to decaf

Show us your superior rifle!

those ash clones are better than anything ash will ever own.

Get out nogunz

A fixed power swfa is $300 new, glass is great for what you pay and it tracks reliably for when you decide to shoot further, used poortex viper pst in 1-4 or 1-6x flavor can be had in that price range, most reccomend not getting anything cheaper from vortex than the viper pst stuff

Oh you

Honest question, why do people like you hang out in these threads? Their buy a gun or if you can't leave, you do nothing but shit up the board by saying things you don't actually understand.

Tell you what, show me yours, ill show you mine.

ACOG 4X

Attached: A50F20D9-BDFA-4780-ADF5-E52854FA53A0.jpg (2016x1512, 1.46M)

I have a roll pin punch set, but do I need a regular punch set too for building the rifle, or can I do the entire job with roll pin punches?

I used a ball peen hammer and a hex set on my first lower build.

Yeah, I have a ball peen hammer and a roll pin punch set, but I'm worried I'll fuck the pins up by hammering the pins all the way home with the roll pin punch rather than a flat punch set

Which grip for those handguards do you prefer? Out of the two you posted

>hammering
Tap and tape.

considering the only pins on the rifle that even need a punch are roll pins, you'll be fine

This is true. And why I dont post my rifles on Jow Forums

QRF Scene from Seal Team

streamable.com/n9gap

Attached: el em tee.jpg (3264x2448, 1.4M)

How are those 60rnd 308 mags holding up?

Someone help me out.
I bought a BCM upper 14.5
I have the A2X. However I read that the MoD1 is preferred because it increases dwell time. How true is this? I hate to buy a $89 bcm comp for nothing? Anyone have a 14.5 with standard A2, or A2x?
Im waiting to send this bitch off to Adco until I get it sorted out.

both, each serves its own use, though I use the VFG as a semi handstop, I like the KAG on the semi DMR rifle, really help push the rifle into my shoulder and keep it steady when making long range shots.

??? thats a 556 on the picture

How does owning a barrel under 16 inches work?

Thanks. You have some nice rifles.

thanks user, theyre not gucci but sure are utilitarian working mans rifles.

if the lower was sold as a rifle it's a rifle, and must be registered with the ATF as an NFA weapon before it can don a

Well. You need to start with either a stripped lower. So when you buy it. Its marked as other? On the background check. Or buy a stripped AR pistol lower.
Dont swap a barrel on a AR15 under 16" unless you get the tax stamp for it.
The easy route is get a AR pistol lower with a pistol brace. Then buy a complete AR upper. That saves you alot of headache.

ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/KAC-600m-rears/163-1862941/ Is this a good deal?

Installing a non-drop-in trigger.

16 has the mod comp 0
14.5 has an a2 (will change it later though)

Your eyeballs

Sure bro let me just post my Glock rifle.

Hold on, I'm taking a picture, but I need to get hard first.