Redpill on the .300 blackout meme
Just bought my first suppressor in .30 cal for my 5.56 pistol because it is so fucking loud FUCKING LOUD
Guy tells me it can be used for .300 memeout.

So .300 blackout
-Uses the same lower as a 5.56
-Uses the same magazines as a 5.56
-Just needs a .300 barrel or a .300 barrel on a 5.56 upper?
What am I missing here?
Seems like the perfect suppressor round to easily slide into the 5.56 niche
How is this a meme other than it being popular and other than it being only viable within a few hundred yards?

Attached: bdd3bc31d0ea45265efbad5013d4deb7--guns-girls-alex-zedra.jpg (640x640, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wl0Vng0qMFo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

$0.50 a shot.

So .300 blackout
-Uses the same lower as a 5.56
>yes
-Uses the same magazines as a 5.56
>yes
-Just needs a .300 barrel or a .300 barrel on a 5.56 upper?
>yes and/or yes
What am I missing here?
>it’s even better as an SBR
Seems like the perfect suppressor round to easily slide into the 5.56 niche
>only one better is 458 Socom IMO
How is this a meme
>what isn’t a meme?
other than it being popular and other than it being only viable within a few hundred yards?

I cast, powder coat and reload for about .10 per shot
>inb4 lol muh time
I enjoy reloading as much as shooting.

I think it's great. .300BLK subs is one of the most fun things to shoot. I kinda feel bad I only bothered to do a cheapo build as a range toy now, I would upgrade it but this thing shoots one-hole groups at 100yds so I don't want to change it lol.

I recommend getting .300blk-specific magazines though, supers are fine but the thicc subsonics don't fit well in many 5.56 magazines.

Attached: 20181212_195051.jpg (1960x4032, 3.57M)

I just picked up a stripped 100% Ruger lower receiver. if I wanted to turn it into a .300 memeout build, I can make everything with 5.56 pieces except the barrel?

Attached: 457168b91398ba1dd1823ead86a231b9--chicks-guns-alex-zedra.jpg (736x920, 96K)

There’s something off-putting about that woman.

Yep

yup
100% compatibility
Just don’t mix up the mags and accidentally chamber a 300BO inna regular AR

She’s a gun bunny, desu.
She should be off putting.

.300blk only needs a barrel and accompanying gas block and tube, .300 prefers carbine gas, or even pistol length.

everything else is 5.56 compatible. upper, lower, bolt and carrier, magazines, buffer. you can get .300blk enhanced PMAGs if that tickles your buddha.

Thanks yall. Love you.

Question. Do you shoot subsonic rounds with that can? If so how quiet is it?

Attached: SandyBoi.png (1248x978, 484K)

Wow you are not kidding.
This is 5.7 levels of pricing.
Why is it so expensive?
Supply versus demand?

Attached: Fugg.png (1084x955, 319K)

You ever used a roofing nail gun? It's kinda like that but quieter. The bullet hitting the dirt is louder than the action. I never realized how fucking loud steel targets are to shoot until playing with this with no ear pro. Also helps to have a captured buffer spring. The flight time and amount of drop is ludicrous but that also is part of the fun. The reticle in the chinesium PA scope is right on with the drops.

PPU is $10/box for subs. Better to reload if you are shooting subs though, you can make them for around $0.30/rd with factory bullets or stupid cheap if you cast your own.

Nice pistol, cutie

That’s not typical. About 3x what I pay locally

300 blackout sucks ass. I own a 300bo SBR and I wish I had invested the money elsewhere

>expensive as fuck, 50cpr minimum for subs.
>reloading can save money by ~10cpr, but it takes a ton of time and research. Plus trimming 556 cases is a bitch.
>Suppressed, with one of the best cans out there (YHM Phantom ULT), it still rings my ears with no earpro. which is largely the reason WHY I wanted to silence it in the first place!
>direct impingement is fairly shitty for suppression. You get tons of crap back in the receiver and in your face unless you get an adjustable gas block and dial it every single time you add/remove the suppressor.
>with the cheaper subsonic factory loads, you gets tons of unburnt powder and filler flakes which eventually will jam up your gun and/or fire control group. It also makes your suppressor louder over time.
>doesn't work that great with 556 mags, you need to buy 300bo-specific pmags and lancers for optimal feeding.
>556 outperforms it down to about 10" in terms of energy, which is plenty short. Basically it's unneeded.
>you risk blowing up your gun if the wrong ammo type sneaks into a magazine, which can happen to even the most vigilant.

Don't fall for the meme guys. If you want to shoot quietly, get a 9mm carbine and shoot subsonics out of it. Or 45acp if you want the same muzzle energy. I'm going to part out my upper and stop associating with this shithole cartridge altogether. I have more important things to spend my money on.

It's a relatively new round. It'll come down eventually as demand increases, same as 5.7 did.

If you only can/want to own a single rifle and hunt varmints and deer with it (where 5.56 isn't allowed for deer hunting), .300blk actually is viable.

But it sounds so quiet in this video senpai.

youtu.be/wl0Vng0qMFo

Palmetto State Armory has some really cheap .300 uppers with bolts that seem to be viable to just toss onto a 5.56 pistol lower and throw a suppressor onto.
Is the can in this video just really good?
What am I missing here?

Attached: quiet boi.png (1297x816, 1.22M)

1. Large variety of projectiles
2. Suppresses very well
3. Two guns in one, ~1050fps subs = mp5sd replacement

OOPS meant this for

The ammo can be expensive, but there is cheaper stuff if you shop around a bit. The defensive stuff gets way pricey, but the cheap FMJ supers aren't so bad.

Also worth noting if you reload/handload that WW2 surplus .30-06 AP projectiles can be loaded to make DIY AP .300BLK that'll stomp rifle plates at close range :^)

Would that constitute the manufacture of AP ammo?

no lol, it's surplus pulls for rifle ammo. If people want to get assblasted because you could technically load .300BLK (an obviously designed and intended for rifle cartridge) into an AR pistol, then let them. It's not illegal. It's slightly grey, but still legal as far as I'm aware. The federal statue only covers handgun ammunition. That's why you can even buy .30cal AP pulls as milsurp in the first place.

$250 dollaydoos and I am in business apparently. That's with a bolt carrier group. And they ship it to my front door. Just buy it, toss it onto my AR pistol lower and I am GTG?
What am I missing here besides ammo?
This seems too Ben Shapiro Epic to make sense to me.
From what I understand there is literally no point in 5.56 subsonic ammo because it is weaker than .22LR so this literally fills the 5.56 suppressed hole up?

Attached: 250 for .300 meme upper seems legit.png (1360x999, 231K)

M2 AP is explicitly named as not being banned by the ATF.

I just bought a 458 social rifle for fighting vampires.

I reload so cost isn’t super important. Don’t plan to silence it tho.

cameras/recordings are very deceptive when it comes to sound levels. They're designed to compress loud sounds to fit the rest of the recording.

my suppressed 300 blackout is about the same as an unsuppressed 22 rifle (without the supersonic crack obviously)

>Suppressed, with one of the best cans out there (YHM Phantom ULT), it still rings my ears with no earpro
you're doing something wrong or your can is fake, I have a cheep ass 8" SEG mono core can I won in a raffle on my 9.5" BO, it's as quiet as a paint ball gun with subs and as quiet as a .22 with suppers

it's really quiet while being an accurate heavy hitter out to 200 yards subsonic. The bad guy will not be in a position to fight back when hit anywhere with one of those. So it's got the knockdown, no hearing protection needed, and no over penetration with the right bullet. Good home defense and fun. It's a meme because everything on here is a meme.

She cute tho