Advice needed

>be me
>be 28
>finally get fed up trying to find a job
>look up what I need to join the Army
>have all papers needed
>torn on which one to join

One hand:
Born in Serbia, survived '99 NATO bombing.

But after six months of Service job market won't really be different and the jobs I'd actually want to work still won't really exist here.

Other hand:
Have more in common in terms of values with Yanks, kind of wanna move to the US.

The Service would be 1-2 years minimum, pain, but I'd at least have a chance for a job I'd like after coming out of it.

X-Factor is parents are alive, old 66 and 72. I actually really care for them and don't wanna leave them but their too Serb to live anywhere else...

Any advice Jow Forums?

Attached: FB_IMG_15524604836335318.jpg (480x473, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usa.gov/join-military
thebalancecareers.com/immigrants-in-the-us-armed-forces-3353965
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just move them to the US and plonk them in the middle of the Midwest. I'm sure they would be right at home there.

live your life, not your parents

move to USA and join military

Yeah... Did I mention they're both ex Yugoslavian Communist Party members and don't speak a lick of English... I don't think moving them is really an option, plus both are sick. Mom's got Angina Pectoris and dad's got 5 STENDs after an infarction... Neither is really in movable condition.

Fuck off we're full

Tough to do this when you care for someone...

But at this point I might have to do it. Even if it will break their hearts. I'm struggling to make a living here.

Come to America. The commies are better off dead.

dude - you're parents are 60+ they have lived their life

care about your self and your future

find a wifey have some kids and surprise you will forget about your parents very quickly

Do they rely on you? Don't abandon them if they literally can't live without you, cunt

That's my parents you're talking about. They're far from perfect but without them I wouldn't exist. We may disagree on politics. They may be pro gun control while I'm pro gun, they may be for a planed economy while I'm for a freer market and they may favor a one party system while I prefer a Constitutional Republic. But they're still my parents.

Diasporashit here, grandparents are the same way, but speak English, there are plenty of Serb enclaves in the US user, you're welcome here

They're not entirely dependent on me but they're too hot headed to know when to stop working. So they kind of rely on me to tell them to actually take a break some time and rest, otherwise they'd work them self to death.

I do have to consider my life too though. I can't just devote my life to taking care of them.

getting to work in America is not a matter of thinking one day "I'm going to America!" and moving over. sorry bro.

You also need to consider you're better off in your native country working to make it better.

Yeah about that

Me:
Pro gun
Secularist
Constitutionalist
Not exactly religious
Not exactly traditional Serb in any way

From what I know of Serb Enclaves in US from an uncle I have who lives there, there is not a lot I have in common with them past the country of origin.

Yeah that shit can't happen. I can bare scrape by enough to live. I can't change shit here. I can just eek out an existence, unable to afford anything beyond 2-3 meals a day and the bills. All while working jobs I hate because the jobs I'd actually like to do either don't exist here because they're illegal or are prohibitively expensive to get into and are reserved for only the rich elite.

>Yugoslavian Communist Party members
Wow. Real horrible people. Stay where you are

First off they are communists, I'm not.

And second, no they're actually really good people. Misguided as all fuck, but good.

And honestly I've made up my mind now. Thanks Jow Forums.

I'll serve here in Serbia for now, try and take care of my parent for a year or two more. See if things change. If things don't get better by my 30th I'll see about joining to US Army for citizenship... I'd probably more appealing to them with military service any way.

What makes you think you can move to the USA?

Nigger it'll take you fucking six to nine years to be able to join the US Army if you're even allowed in at all

I don't see why you'd want to move to a foreign nation on the brink of civil war

You can't just move to the USA and join the army if you feel like it.

You need to be a legal permanent resident first.

Because I have very little in common with my nation of origin. Also because I share a lot of the values of the nation.

And why exactly is that?

I have no criminal record.
I've committed no crimes.
I share a great deal of American values.
I know quite a fair bit of US history
I speak English fluently.
I'm talented when it comes to machinery and I'm an Agricultural Technician by trade.
And I'm willing to do military service.
I don't see why I wouldn't be able to move.

>And why exactly is that?

Do you not know how immigration works?

I'm pretty sure you're wrong on that.

Are you retarded?

Take five seconds to look at the requirements on any of the US military websites.

I never moved anywhere before, but I do know my sister(by Serbian standard) was able to move to Canada within 6 months... And from what I understand my uncle in the US moved there and became a citizen within 3 years...

We don’t have any values
>t. American

Unless you're being sponsored by an employer or a direct US relative then you're not moving.

You're too old and foreigners aren't allowed to join the US military.

Our values are: "Fuck off we're full"

>my sister(by Serbian standard)

What the fuck is a sister by serbian standards

They don't care how faux-patriotic you are

This is how it works

Attached: what-part-of-legal-immigration-dont-you-understand_50290c8272a8d_w1500.jpg (1500x970, 346K)

I did... I takes all the papers I already have and a form 400 at the US embassy with a physical examination at a later date within 3 weeks of the form being filed with the embassy. The fact you thought I hadn't already done that is just weird... I was conflicted about which army to serve in because I know I meet the requirements for both, not because I just randomly wanted to be.

No, you don't know. You don't fit the requirements. You're not a US resident.

usa.gov/join-military

Take a good hard look at what it says there

You do realize there are military programs that allow one to obtain US citizenship within 1-4 years...

You do realise that permanent residence and citizenship aren't the same thing, right?

I don't care what a site says dude. I've been to the US embassy personally.

We can always use people willing to work to make their community better.

Citizenship if you're already a legal resident.

Legal residence is what you need to move and work in the USA. Citizenship is what you need to vote.

If you want to join the US and fight for a sensible secular government and human rights, check this out. thebalancecareers.com/immigrants-in-the-us-armed-forces-3353965

>I don't care what the official US site says the requirements are

And that's why you're such a dumbass. Ignorance is your bliss, huh?

Non-citizens.

Not foreigners.

What aren't you fucking retards getting about this.

Besides all of this now is a mute point. I'll be doing service here in Serbia.

>I don't care what a site says dude

>Requirements for Enlisting If You Are Not a U.S. Citizen

>You do not have to be a U.S. citizen to enlist in the military, but you may have fewer options. If you are not a U.S. citizen, you must:

>Have a permanent resident card, also known as a Green Card

dunno what to say, you're either a liar or just a moron

I work with a lot of Serbian contractors. They get paid western money but have Serbian cost of living so they live pretty well. Check out elsys eastern Europe

And yet it's still far too easy.

You forgot
1) Present yourself at the border
2) Claim you are persecuted and require asylum
3) Get dumped somewhere while you're waiting for your court date
4) Throw out all these documents
5) Move to a Sanctuary City
6) Never Leave
Bonus: Have a child and follow the path at the top of the flowchart.

Your parents are old and dying. They are not as important as your future.

To be fair I fucking hated my parents because they were useless junkies. My sister is some sort of masochist that took care of them and gave them money until they both od'd. Then she paid for a fancy funeral for them.

Friend, what do wish to do? Join army will not help achieve goal unless goal is of join the army. Care for blood then worry about move to USA after