Korean People's Army Thread Parade Sept. 2018

This is an past event by now with it being late March 2019, but I wanted to share this thread just to show off hardware paraded by the DPRK Korean People's Army during the September 9, 2018 military parade celebrating the regime's 70th anniversary since its founding in 1948.

youtube.com/watch?v=jHEmijlOiI8&t=1284s

Female soldiers possibly from reservist units or from Kim Il Sung Military University cadets cheer as the ceremony begins, September 9, 2018.

Attached: 20180910-kor01-KJSem.jpg (856x480, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-LX7WrHCaUA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Brass band performing, they are playing "Song of Proclamation of the People's Republic" which dates back to 1948.

Attached: 20180910-kor01-BrassBandformation.jpg (856x480, 179K)

KPA Navy personnel cheer at Kim Jong Un as he enters the platform at Kim Il Sung Square.

Attached: 20180910-kor01-KISSQ-KPANavylineupb.jpg (856x480, 137K)

Koreans have the smallest penises of all Asians and races in general

Honor/Color Guard of the KPA raising the flag of North Korea as the national anthem plays as the flag ceremony begins.

Attached: FDPP-09SEPT2018-flagb.jpg (1572x2362, 810K)

Honor/Color Guard raises the Workers Party of Korea flag as the party song, "Fly High our Party Flag" is played by the Central Military Band of the KPA.

Attached: FDPP-09SEPT2018-WPKflag.jpg (1574x2362, 600K)

Chief of the General Staff of the Korean People's Army, Ri Yong-gil takes part in the troop inspection for KPA personnel.

Attached: 20180910-kor01-trooppresentation-COGSD.jpg (856x480, 85K)

KPA military band plays "Parade Inspection March" as Ri Yong-gil inspects the troops of the KPA.

Attached: FDP-KPAKPISFband-09SEPT2018b.jpg (3543x2362, 1.45M)

faggy retro commie bullshit

Parade inspection concludes and a 21 gun salute is carried out as the propaganda hymns, "Song of General Kim Il Sung" and "Song of General Kim Jong Il" is played the KPA military band.

Attached: 20180910-kor01-gunsalute.jpg (856x480, 78K)

chrome AKs top cheesey

Is that guy dabbing?

President of the Presidium of the Supreme People's Assembly of the DPRK Kim Yong Nam gives the speech commemorating the 70th anniversary of the nation's founding. Upon that, the flags of Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il along with honor guards carrying their portraits on the flags are paraded signalling the beginning of the military parade. The band is playing "Kim Il Sung Will Always Be With Us" before transitioning to "General is Immortal as the Sun".

Attached: FDPP-09SEPT2018-KISsqb.jpg (3543x2365, 1.61M)

Main parade begins with No Kwang-chol? (I could be wrong) leading the column of historical reenactors of Kim Il Sung's guerrilla army. The band would be playing "Long Live Generalissimo Kim Il Sung" as they make their way pass the platform where Kim Jong Un is watching.

Attached: FDP-09SEPT2018-KPAb.jpg (3543x2362, 1.28M)

More historical units from the partisan era and from the Korean War era, the band is now playing "Song of the Proud Guards Units"

Attached: 20180910-kor01-KPA-partisans-YunYongSik.jpg (856x480, 137K)

Some "modernish" looking units of the KPA possibly reservists, or they could be still part of the Korean War era column.

Attached: FDP-09SEPT2018-KPAd.jpg (3543x2362, 1.53M)

I really can't tell what this is supposed to be. They are wearing construction helmets but I can't pin on what they would be.

Attached: FDP-09SEPT2018-KPAi.jpg (3543x2362, 1.21M)

Here are some more "modern" frontline personnel of the Korean People's Army. They are wearing cheap Chinese knock of a modern kevlar helmet with BDU style camouflage marching with rocket propelled grenades.

Attached: FDP-09SEPT2018-KPAj.jpg (3543x2355, 1.14M)

More modern soldiers wearing bluish camouflage while marching with MANPADs. I can't tell what type of MANPAD it is though. It is obviously Soviet/Russian but possibly locally made given the defense industry of North Korea.

Attached: FDP-09SEPT2018-KPAl.jpg (3543x2358, 1.42M)

These are supposed to be "special forces" and soldiers from the Korean People's Army Strategic Rocket Forces.

Attached: FDP-09SEPT2018-KPAg.jpg (3543x2362, 1.29M)

More close up shots of KPA special forces. The special forces are the largest special forces branch in the world with 200,000 personnel. They are probably the most well trained though it is still hard to tell for sure how well they would fare against the United States and South Korean troops.

Attached: KPA special forces.jpg (3543x2355, 1.17M)

Another shot of KPA strategic troops (those are the soldiers in the grayish camo in front of the special forces.

Attached: KPA Stragetic forces and special forces.jpg (3543x2362, 1.22M)

These are soldiers possibly from Kim Il Sung Military School, young cadets from the Red Flag Mangyongdae Revolutionary School and troops from the Worker-Peasant Red Guards.

Attached: MM00271271.jpg (675x465, 160K)

Next comes the armored column. This tank formation could be a Songun-ho MBT or a possibly upgraded Chonma-ho tank. Based on the military parade they appeared to have just paraded one version of this tank.

Attached: 20180910-kor01-tank-formations.jpg (856x480, 184K)

As these tanks pour into Kim Il Sung Square, the band is playing "Let's Support our Supreme Commander With Arms".

Attached: 20180910-kor01-tank-formationsb.jpg (856x480, 138K)

As with any KPA tank, they are equipped with AA missiles.

Attached: 20180910-kor01-tankformationsc.jpg (856x480, 85K)

After the tanks, BTRs make their way into the square. These are either Soviet derivatives or they have been locally produced by the DPRK. As the BTRs enter, the military band is playing "Peace is on our Bayonets". Despite the regime's willingness to show some restraint and detente with the U.S. and South Korea, this propaganda song is still played in these ceremonies.

Attached: 20180910-kor01-BTRs.jpg (856x480, 115K)

Wheeled BTR-80s/Chunma-Ds.

Attached: FDP-09SEPT2018-KPA-tanksc-1.jpg (3543x2362, 1.16M)

Next is a column of self-propelled guns this one appears to be a Juche-po or one of the many variants of North Korea's indigenous SPGs produced in large numbers since the 1970s.

Attached: KPA SPGs.jpg (856x480, 163K)

This military parade saw a new SPG introduced that is said to resemble a mix between the Iranian Raad-2 and the Russian 2S19 Msta. It looks more modern compared to the previous SPGs paraded by the KPA in past parades. As the artillery units and rocket artillery are parade, the band is now playing "Our March".

Attached: new KPA SPG.jpg (675x465, 104K)

Next is the famous Koksan SPG, a largely outdated SPG as it has the same functions and duties as the M110 and other old Cold War era heavy SPGs. They are still powerful and deadly weapons used in the hands of well trained troops.

Attached: Koksan gun.jpg (675x465, 94K)

The KPA has some Czechoslovakian RM-70 MLRS in their arsenal. They are also paraded during most major anniversaries.

Attached: RM-70 MLRS.jpg (3543x2362, 1.22M)

KPA M1985/M1991s MLRS are shown here. They are upgraded Soviet/Russian BM-21 rocket artillery but mounted on modern trucks.

Attached: MLRS KPA.jpg (856x480, 166K)

Attached: FDP-09SEPT2018-MRLS.jpg (3543x2362, 1.48M)

And one last shot as we see KN-09 MLRs,the newest MLRS used by the KPA since it entered service in 2016 but was paraded in 2015 for the first time. Capable of reaching 120 miles (200 km) in terms of firing range, this is more than enough to affect Seoul and even beyond, capable of reaching Osan Air Base and beyond.

And it appears I can't find a decent shot of the KN-09 MLRS

Almost wrapping up with this parade, some self-propelled cruise missile carriers are seen here. The band is now playing "Revolutionary Armed Forces Will Only Uphold the Orders of the Marshal" as the military parade is actually about to conclude.

Attached: MM00271285.jpg (675x465, 149K)

What rifle is that

Here is a naval version of some SAM vehicle. I can't tell what it is though off the top of my head. It was featured from last years parade in 2017. Unlike previous parades, the DPRK did not parade any ICBMs of any sort either because they want to show support for the peace talks or as someone else has pointed out, the DPRK rarely parades major military equipment during their national foundation day parades. Parades that have ICBMs and tanks are reserved for the Day of the Sun, Party Foundation Day or Victory Day in July 27.

It is possible in 2020 that the KPA could parade ICBMs again if talks fail or the DPRK decides to continue its tradition of parading ICBMs during important holidays involving the Kim family.

Attached: 20180910-kor01-blauwea.jpg (856x480, 123K)

And this will conclude the military portion of the parade. As mentioned before the last major hardware displayed is the KN-06 SAM which is essentially a knockoff of the Russian S-300. The band plays "We will Defend Kim Jong Un at the Cost of our Lives" as the civilian portion of the parade begins.

Attached: KN-06 SAM.jpg (3543x2362, 1.46M)

It's a QTS-11 (also known incorrectly as ZH-05). Consists of a QBZ-03 5.8mm rifle with a bolt-action, magazine fed 20mm grenade launcher and attached sight with integrated ballistic computer.

All Chinese, obviously.

All Chinese, obviously.

SA-16/Igla-S, likely produced indigenously.

Thanks OP. No wonder Cheeto Hitler, that fat racist Nazi loves North Korea so much. They think like him. I bet Trumptards love North Korea now that they are getting along with our ass president. Scary pictures.

That's what I thought those were. It's almost impressive that such as country like North Korea, a nation the size of Pennsylvania with around 25 million people are able to have its own defense industry. It may not be in good quality but it has industry to produce these weapons.

>SA-16
That thing is heavy. Those are the only guys I feel sorry for. The march must be annoying as shit carrying that big bastard.

quick quick post your guns user

Attached: checkthisout.gif (320x240, 2.87M)

They could be fake props that they march with because of how heavy they are. How much do SA-16s weigh btw?

I see on wiki about 39lbs which by itself isn't bad but in parade formation would suck.

Things massive.

Which I have a hunch as I said before that they could be fake props which weigh less than the real thing.

>Cheeto Hitler
The left really, truly can not meme.
>le bad orange man!
Please grow up one day, for your own sake.

You did god's work OP. Good job!

>KPA strategic troops
would like a set of that camo, looks sick af

bravo, OP. i enjoyed your write-ups very much.

>no liberals, no muslims, no africans
Those are there too, user. But only on diplomatic visas or whatever.

youtu.be/-LX7WrHCaUA

Attached: IMG_0899.jpg (768x1024, 201K)

Thanks user. I hope they were somewhat informative, I don't claim to be an expert on the KPA but it's based on the parade video and some background knowledge of the KPA. I hope it wasn't too vague.

>QTS-11
I am not sure if its true. Take a look at the chinesium orginal, its shorter, smaller, and carabine part is much different. And the sights are not fuckhuge. And, most important part, QTS-11 grenade launcher is single shot, not magazine fed.

Nork one is pretty obviously built on AK, not the QBZ . And the grenade launcher part looks somewhat wonky. I guess Kim saw worst korean K11 and decided he con't have OICW gap. I seriously doubt that its programable airburst.

Attached: bfc0356bce86cbbec7fdf06b708a01e4.jpg (400x275, 26K)

Is sex allowed in North Korea? Some of these women look fuckable.

Awesome dump, good job OP.
These have to be nork made, right? Look at those fucking welds.

>DPRK rarely parades major military equipment during their national foundation day parades. Parades that have ICBMs and tanks are reserved for the Day of the Sun, Party Foundation Day or Victory Day in July 27.

Damn, how many parades do they have in one year?

Yeah they are North Korean made vehicles but you can see the BTR style design. So it's obviously Soviet made but build in North Korea with obvious changes such as it's 3x3 wheeled design rather than a 4x4 wheeled design on Soviet/Russian BTRs.

Gotcha, makes perfect sense.
With how rough those look, wonder what their MBT's look like assembly wise.

On average? Usually they have major parades once every 5 to 10 years or during events that are "jubilee" celebrations. So for example, the 100th anniversary of Kim Il Sung's birthday was celebrated with a parade in 2012. Five years later they celebrated it again in 2017. Every fifth and tenth anniversary of a particular holiday such as the Day of the Sun, Party Foundation Day, etc. would have a major parade. However this year there will be no major celebration since it's not a jubilee year. When it is a major anniversary for example in 2015, they will usually only have one major parade. It's frequent under Kim Jong Un but it's not every year.

Again, I can't claim to know everything about their military but if I'm going to guess, assembly wise it's probably very crude and simplistic at best. They have a large defense industry but with a country like North Korea, you cannot even with all your resources allocated to defense make an MBT tank like the Songun-ho and build over 1,000 tanks and have it match the M60 Patton for example. I think the Songun-ho is the closet thing you'll get to a DPRK tank that can engage older U.S. models like the M60 Patton and that's a a big if. Most tanks in the KPA are T-55s, T-34s, Type 59s, T-62s, Chonma-hos, and Songun-hos.

In the case of Chonma-hos, the DPRK could assemble quite a bit more of these tanks because the Chonma-hos are essentially upgraded T-62s made in North Korea. But besides that, I won't expect their to be a ton of Songun-hos made.

Awesome work op thank you

You're a faggot. No one cares about your shitty autistic obsession with commie Norks and their tincan military. Go back to r&ddit you normie.

So they still rely on the brute force and numbers doctrine with armor then, just like the soviets?
I can't imagine anything scarier then rolling around in one of these old tincans with straight steel armor and era blocks against M1's and K1A2's.

For the time being, yes they rely on numbers, their thousands of tanks, their 12,000 towed, self-propelled artillery pieces, their thousands of rockets and MLRS, and their nuclear deterrence.

>T: chink
Dont worry bug man the west will be fucking you soon enough.

Based OP. Nice dump.

>someone posts actual real world Jow Forums related content
>have a fucking fit, shit your pants and make an abhorrent post
Kill yourself lol
Thanks for this thread, OP, it was interesting.

I think you don't belong on here lmao.

Neat stuff, o/p.

Whe are we invading these fucks?

engineers maybe?

Good job OP, an actually enjoyable thread for once. I learned some cool stuff. Sadly, I don't think you'll get the recognition you deserve.

Yeah, you're right, the rifle is clearly an AK74 knockoff and it the top part looks more similar to the K11 than the QTS-11 launcher.

Bumped for interest

Why do I find these girls so cute? I'm falling in love.

Attached: cute.png (112x112, 16K)

Calling me a pants shitter. Guess what? OP is still a normie fag and a vatnik. Quick sucking commie dick OP

>implying neoliberals are leftists

DAB IN HONOR OF DEAR READER

This, imo learning about what the norks manage to pull out their asses is interesting.

There are some really cuties here

Kill yourself

That could be it. Again, I'm not fully sure what they were supposed to be. But that's a high possibility.

In the meantime, we'll have to see what the year 2020 will bring us for North Korea's celebrations. Next year will be the 75th anniversary of the founding of the Workers Party of Korea in October. There is expected to be a large military parade, it is possible that we could see the return of ballistic missiles absent from last year's parade.

Based and Choson-pilled.

>tfw you will never be a second korean war veteran and take home ppsh 41 trophies

Attached: welcometoK.jpg (1024x800, 263K)

Don't fret, maybe the next President will go back to how things were pre 2018 or the conservatives in South Korea regain a foothold, then you can have your second Korean War. ;)

Come on bud u can do better

Attached: 938811AE-D0CC-4E48-A89E-FB2ECAF380E7.gif (96x85, 212K)

Daily reminder that Koreans are backwards people that were better off under Japanese control.

Shut up Takahashi.

Damn, I love their Air Force's formal uniform.
Thanks for all the images.

Anytime

I forgot to thank you for posting this. Effort is a rare thing on popular boards nowadays.
Once again, thank you.

Not sound like a fag but you'll are too kind. I try my best. I'm honestly a little stressed right now so this kind of relaxes me.

Samefag again. That's something new I've been seeing with DPRK military parades under Kim Jong Un, they have become more organized. Under Kim Jong Il, it seemed like the KPA's uniforms were the same brown color with the exception of the navy since the navy has also looked like a navy should look like, but the air force uniform was the same brown color as the regular army. Now under Kim Jong Un, the air force uniform has gotten a make over making them look like separate branches of the military.

Well I hope things improve and calm down for you, whatever it is bothering you, remember; smiling is required in Best Korea where everyone is happy!

Attached: 1492287520113.jpg (581x779, 186K)

Hey, the dude to the left of the truck is holding a mosin nagant.