Weapons designed by Jow Forumstards

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supersonic_Low_Altitude_Missile
This thing has the range to bring death and destruction to every continent, and is too fast to be shot down by SAM's,

Attached: SLAM.png (448x329, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9M730_Burevestnik
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is it good for home defense?

>Low altitude
Simple: net.

>it's estimated airspeed at 30,000 feet (9,100 m) was Mach 4.2
"low altitude" can mean very different things depending on context.

Congratulations, you now have a probably heavily damaged nuke reactor spewing radiation all over the area it's been downed in.

COME ON AND SLAM
AND WELCOME TO THE JAM

And it's full of nuclear warheads, might even have a mechanism to automatically detonate if it's shot down/speed gets below a certain limit. Your best bet for defense against a SLAM is hoping it doesn't kill you.

Russia actually built it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9M730_Burevestnik

Maybe, but those dumbfuck russians are down one missile, and I'm up one missile.

This song was written specifically about SLAM.
Prove me wrong. The lyrics are pretty specific.

>Prove me wrong
I can't, my guy.

So did America, they just never assembled it.

SLAM is an American invention, dreamed up, tested, and built ironically enough, in California.

mutt incompetence would blow it up while its still in america.

I don't think it matters which communist nation we steal the missile from.

The Caio Duilio-class ironclad. Fitted with the 4 of the largest guns produced at the time.But they were muzzle loading guns causing the ships rate of fire to only be 1 shot every 15 minutes. and no other guns were fitted to the ship at the time of its launch so if it missed it missed and would be a sitting duck for the next 15 minutes, not that it matters because the ship had a 550 mm thick mm hull and 430 mm thick turrets and mind you this is the early 1880s where a lot of navy's are mostly comprised of wooden hulled steamships. and despite the absolute weight of the ship it and the fact it was the first Italian vessel that abandoned the sail and it had a frankly retarded amount of amour . It was still as fast if not faster than almost every contemporary royal navy capital ship.

Attached: Duilio_class_ironclad_left_elevation_Brasseys_1888 (2).jpg (1366x669, 179K)

Attached: A Weapon to Surpass Metal Gear.jpg (331x499, 28K)

Absolute unit

Are you implying you're going to safely stop a craft traveling at 3000 mph with a fucking net? Best case scenario you're going to make it crash and explode.

Bigger net
Git gud

SHALL

An oldie but pretty fukkin Jow Forums

Attached: B4BEE02D-C581-48E8-96F9-153012B973E4.jpg (1242x859, 136K)

>is too fast to be shot down by SAM's
Sorry to burst your bubble, but SAMs made this piece of autistic shit obsolete before they even managed to dump enough money into it for a prototype getting constructed.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-24 S-200 (missile) - Wikipedia.png (314x608, 19K)

>SAMs made this piece of autistic shit obsolete
No, ICBM’s did.
By your logic, we shouldn’t have cruise missiles, but we do.

Proper modern cruise missiles are not even nearly as easy to intercept as this old as fuck high flying bolide. To reliably intercept modern cruise missiles you need a substantial fleet of long range interceptors with high endurance for long patrols armed with powerful look down shoot down radar. To reliably intercept SLAM you need a stationary 60s Soviet SAM site standing in the general proximity of its trajectory.

Attached: 5v28 s-200m vega-m.jpg (1500x1125, 109K)

Install DCS and learn about radar detection and energy management, a SAM being faster than a plane has very little to do with if it can get a kill.

Fuck off.

Quality response, if you would prefer you could become a military pilot and be taught the exact same physics.

Is you actually knew anything relevant to the topic about physics, you'd post a valid coherent argument instead of shitposting your favorite computer game. Now fuck off to /v/, clown.

Attached: S-200VE-Engagement-Envelope-FS.png (768x1162, 917K)

>highest velocity listed is 1200m/s
Mach 4.2 @ 9100m = 1305m/s

As for me not making a coherent argument I recommend I reread the post I was responding to

Your pic is proving his point.
But I will ask you this, why did you thought the sam needs to have a X speed in order to hit a target going at X?